Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Little Kitten ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

All right, last time I said I'd be skipping a battle, that's correct. Let's say about 12 battles have passed. The Blade Breakers have just beaten a tough opponent and Kitty's pretty beaten up. Kai brings her back to the hotel, while the others went to check out Brian's team.

Chapter 12

"Kitty!" Kai shouted. He was torn between scolding her and complimenting her. God, he was afraid for her.

"Kai, I'm fine," Kitty said, trying to reassure her boyfriend.

"No you aren't. I shouldn't have let you up there, I shouldn't have." Kai muttered to himself. One day, Kitty would get seriously hurt, and he'd kill himself over it.

"I'm glad you did. Sooner or later I'll have to face an even tougher opponent," Kitty said, as Kai laid her on her bed. Kai understood whom she was talking about.

"You are NOT going to face Brian. I refuse to let you!" Kai growled.

Kitty giggled. "You know I'll get my way anyway," she said.

"Damn it girl, you're going to get yourself killed one day, and then I don't know what I'd do!"

"I'll be fine Kai, I promise. I won't die on you," Kitty whispered them. Then, she kissed him.

"Rest now, Kitty." Kitty nodded and closed her eyes. Soon she fell asleep. Kai sat there beside her bed, his head in his hands. God, what was he going to do about that girl?

The Blade Breakers watched as Brian mercilessly battered at his opponent. Ray shuddered - how could someone enjoy doing this? Ray had once experienced torture. Brian felt someone staring at him and saw the Blade Breakers. He grinned ruthlessly. Turning towards his opponent he said:

"Falborg! Destroy his Beyblade!" Brian's opponent had not chance. The opponent's blade was torn up; it could never be repaired again.

Brian laughed. He summoned his blade back to his hand and walked away.

"Why that cold hearted jerk!" Tyson yelled. "He didn't have to destroy the other person's blade! How bad can he get?" Tyson was mad, so were the others.

"We have to stop him. We have to get to the top and beat him!" Ray said. The others agreed.

Kai silently slipped out of Kitty's room. He headed down to the hotel restaurant and got something to eat. Then he decided to go by some groceries, that way, they wouldn't have to order out all the time.

It was weird. Kai had never been grocery shopping before, but he knew what to get.

He thought back, remembering how life was with his grandfather, how he was used. How his own grandfather treated him like a tool to get what HE wanted. How his grandfather never gave a damn about him. He remembered his gang back before he met Tyson, and how that one tournament changed his life.

He remembered the day he met Kitty, and how that one girl could do so much to him. He smiled. His thoughts however were interrupted by a loud shriek coming from several girls near him. He flinched. Ever since he met Kitty, everywhere he went annoying girls attacked him. He sighed.

Two girls came up to him and asked the usual questions: Can I have your autograph? Are you single? Will you go out with me?

He sighed. He ignored the girls and paid for his items and quickly hurried back to the hotel.

The others had returned to the hotel. They sat in the living room area and were talking quietly, as not to disturb Kitty.

Kai silently arranged the groceries in the fridge, and then he went into Kitty's hotel room to check on her.

Kitty opened her eyes. She sat up and winced in pain, hoping that no one would see it. Too bad Kai was there.

Kai growled. "Damn it girl! You've been hurt, so stay down." Even in her condition, Kitty managed to giggle. Kai sighed. He needed to get a backbone around this girl.

"I'll be fine Kai, just give me a couple of minutes," she told him.

He sat down at the edge of her bed, and brushed back her bangs. Kitty hugged him, snuggling her head into his chest.

"I'm sorry for being so weak. I know how you don't like weak people," Kitty whispered. Kai's eyes softened.

"Don't be. You're not weak at all. Somebody else with your bond would be down in less," he said.

Kitty smiled. The others had heard voices, so they came in to check on them.

"Feeling better Kitty?" Max asked. Kitty nodded and grinned. "That's good to hear."

The others then told the couple about Brian. When they finished, they left Kitty in a rage. They had never seen her mad in the short period of time they had known her.

"That's awful! How could anyone do that! Oh! The poor guy, he lost his blade!" Then her eyes soften, as if she realized something.

"Kai, he was raised in that abbey right? Like you?" Kai nodded.

"Oh." Kitty was lost in thought. "But still, that doesn't give him the reason to do such a thing! I hope that guy was all right. I know how it feels to be attacked," Kitty mused.

That night, they ate in Kitty's room. Soon Kitty became strong enough to battle the next day, though Kai wouldn't let her. The others agreed.

The next day they had one battle, which they won. They spent the rest of the afternoon watching other battles. Especially that of Brian's. Every time Kitty watched him and his team battle, she would gaze at Brian sadly. She was certain of what she thought now.

`Poor guy, to be raised in such conditions, where love is consider as a weakness, is just too harsh. No one should be treated like that - without love!' Kitty thought.

She sighed. She was lucky to have Kai.

That night she went over to Kai's room and they talked. Soon Kitty became tired and headed to her own room and she soon fell asleep.