Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Little Kitten ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 13

A couple more battle past, and the Blade Breaker team was no heading to the semi-finals. And to the team's dread, they were to battle against the White Tigers.

"It's not fair!" Kitty wailed. "Why should we have to battle each other?"

"Kitty, it'll be fine. We won't take it as a bad thing if we lose," Mariah reassured the girl. Kitty brightened up.

"Ok!" she exclaimed childishly. The others laughed.

They sobered up though, when Tyson said:

"The first thing we have to do is stop Brian and his team! He's stealing all the Bit beasts that he battles and wins. We can't let that happen!"

The rest nodded.

"That will be our first priority. It doesn't matter who wins this upcoming battle. Brian is going to go to the finals, and whoever wins this semi-final will have to beat him," Kai said. The others agreed.

The two teams headed to the stadium. Heading to the arena, they went to their own respective sides.

The first round was up. Mariah and Ray headed to the bowl.

Mariah smiled. "Go easy on me," she said, flirtatiously.

Ray grinned. "I don't know about that. Kai would skin me alive if I did."

"I'm sure Kitty would stop him," Mariah replied.

They stopped their conversation.

"THREE, TWO, ONE! LET IT RIP!" The two blades launched.

"Drigger!" Ray summoned.

"Galux!"

The two Bit beasts appeared and Galux started chasing Drigger. The two Beyblades became a blur.

"Galux, attack!" Mariah shouted. Galux bounded towards Drigger to attack, but Drigger dodged it.

"You have to be faster than that Mariah," Ray said, grinning.

"We'll see about that, Ray," Mariah retorted.

Mariah's blade sped up and attacked Ray's once more, this time hitting its target.

"Ha!" Mariah cried, triumphantly, but her triumphant was lost as soon as Drigger hit Galux.

"Drigger! Attack!"

"Galux! Attack!" Both blades jumped and attacked at the same time….

And both were knocked out of the bowl.

"WOW! What a match! We have a tie here!" the MC shouted into the microphone.

The two bladers picked up their blades and they grinned.

"That was a great match, Mariah," Ray said.

Mariah nodded. "I guess it's up to the next bladers now," she said. Ray agreed. They returned to their own sides.

Kai got up and headed to face Lee. They nodded to each other and prepared to launch their blades.

"THREE! TWO! ONE! LET IT RIP!"

The two blades launched and Kai quickly summoned Dranzer.

"DRANZER! ATAAACK!" Dranzer appeared, and attacked, causing Lee's blade to wobble a bit, but it soon regained its balance.

Lee summoned his Bit beast and attacked Kai; Kai dodged it and attacked Lee again, knocking the Beyblade out of the bowl.

Kai was the victor, and tomorrow the Blade Breakers would be going to the finals against Brian. Lee and Kai shook hands and headed to their sides.

Later that night, the two teams went out to a restaurant to eat.

"So, you're going to face Brian and his team," Lee remarked.

"Yep!" Tyson said.

"Fun!" Kitty exclaimed childishly. Everyone sweat dropped and looked at her. She blinked, smiled and giggled.

"Kitty, you know what he does. He almost put you into a coma last time," Kai said. Kitty nodded. She smiled and cocked her head to the side. Kai sighed.

"We wish you luck tomorrow," Lee said.

The Blade Breakers accepted it.

"Kai, can I battle against Brian? Please?" Kitty begged. Kai looked at her.

"No. I don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't, I promise. Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"No."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

"No Kitty."

"Pretty please with cherries and sprinkles on top?"

"No."

"Pretty please with cherries and sprinkles and whip cream on top?"

Kai looked at her incredulously. But still he said no.

Kitty pouted. "Pretty please with cherries and sprinkles and whip cream and strawberries on top?"

"No."

A couple of minutes passed and Kitty and Kai were still going. By now the rest of them were getting bored. They understood why Kai didn't want Kitty to battle Brian. But they didn't understand why Kitty would want to battle Brian. Normal girls would shirk away in fright of pain and let someone else do the task, but not Kitty. Of course, by now, they realized she wasn't a normal girl.

"Pretty please with cherries and sprinkles and whip cream and strawberries and ice cream and fudge sauce and more ice cream and strawberry sauce and more ice cream and pineapple sauce and bananas and sugar sprinkles and chocolate chips on top?"

The others made a face. All that stuff would taste disgusting.

Kai sighed, but his answer was still the same.

"Pretty please with cherries and sprinkles and whip cream and strawberries - " Kitty was interrupted.

"Kai, just let Kitty battle. I'm sure Brian wouldn't go as far as killing the girl," Max said.

"But you don't understand! Kitty and her bond with Angel will get her hurt even more than Ray was! If he leaves her half-dead, then she'll be dead because of her bond!" Kai said, rage flashing through his eyes.

"Yes, but Kai, either way, Kitty will have her way. Let her. If she gets hurt, then we can get her out of the way. Besides, it's Kitty's decision. You can't control her Kai, even if it's for her best interests," Ray said.

Kai sighed. There was no way now to stop Kitty, once the others had their minds made up.

That night, Kai had sent Kitty to bed early.

He paced in his room, worried for his beloved. He would never forgive himself if Kitty were hurt beyond curing. That girl, she was his light, his love, his everything. She was the one who kept him going when he thought he couldn't push himself any further. She was his light. She was his drug, the thing that kept him alive.

And tomorrow he could lose it all.

Kai couldn't sleep. He kept pacing, and memories flashed through his head like a film.

He paced until he couldn't stay up anymore. He fell tiredly on his bed, and had a fitful sleep.