Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ addictions ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
HEY PEOPLE! I’M BACK! It’s been a while since I updated, wrote, typed, whatever you want to say. Plus I have new stories, but I will wait some time before I post them, ok?

Warnings should be in the first chapter, and still stand…


THANKS TO ALL THAT REVIEWED!!

//

Rei woke up, blink the sleep out of his eyes as he sat up in bed. Rubbing them, he looked around, wondering what had woken him up, since he had only be asleep for a few hours, being early morning. He climbed out of bed, moving towards the door, slowly opening it. He peeked out, looking down the hall, then up, not seeing anyone, but he could pick up faint sounds. He slipped out and crossed the hall to the other door, Tala and Bryan’s room. He placed his ear against the door, trying to pin point the sound.
“I’d get away from there if I was you.”
Rei turned around and found Kai leaning against his door from at the end of the hall, watching Rei with bored eyes. “Why? One of them could be hurt.”
“There fine, go back to bed.” Kai told him, starting to go back into his own room
“But…” Rei started, but didn’t finish what he was going to say was Kai turned around to look at him. Kai stared at him for a moment, before sighing, realizing that Rei really didn’t understand what his cousin and best friend were doing.
“Rei, come here.” Kai told him, and Rei glanced back at the door before coming over to his savoir.
“Yes?” Rei squeaked out, afraid that he had done something wrong. Kai placed a hand on his shoulder, giving he a slight smirk.
“Rei, those two are fine, they’re just busy.” Kai told him, watching as Rei blinked his eyes up at him.
“Doing what, Tala…”
“They’re fine.” Kai cut in, sighing slightly. “Rei there boyfriends, ok? They wont hurt each other.”
“So he’s not being hurt?” Rei asked, looking back over at the door. “Is he having a bad dream?”
“No.” Kai told him, turning Reis head back around to look at him. “There having sex.” Kai told him point blank.
“Sex?” Rei asked.
“Yes.” Kai answered, relieved that this was over and he could go back to work, which Rei had interrupted him from when he had came out of his room, telling Kai that he was up.
“What’s sex?” Rei asked, looking up at Kai with big gold eyes.
“You don’t know what sex is?” Kai asked him, getting a nod of the head. “How can you not know.”
“Am I supposed to know?” Rei asked him, biting his lip, tears forming in his eyes. “Is it bad not to know? Do I have to leave now?”
“No.” Kai told him, glancing back into his room. “You don’t have to, I just figured that you would know.”
“K-Kai?”
“Hmm?”
“Whe n will they stop?” Rei asked, looking back at the door, then back at Kai to find him looking at him.
“Why?” Kai asked.
“They are load.” Rei muttered, stopping to yawn. “They woke me up.”
Kai glanced across the hall, then back at Rei. To him they weren’t making that much noise, only a few sounds came threw the door, though they were load, they shouldn’t have woken Rei up, but then again, Kai couldn’t be sure how load they got since he had headphones on not a few minutes ago. “They did?”
“Yeah, its load… isn’t it?” Rei asked Kai, waiting for Kai to answer.
“I guess for your ears it is.” Kai told him, placing a hand on Rei’s head, running it threw his bangs absentmindedly as he thought about what to do. He realized what he was doing when Rei started to purr, eyes closed in bliss. Kai watched him, a true smile forming on his lips as Rei relaxed and Kai quickly wrapped his other arm around Rei waist, letting him lean against him. Within minutes he was fast asleep, but Kai didn’t move, just stared at him, heart slightly pounding as Rei snuggled close to him. Kai quickly picked him up, and turned around to enter the room, putting Rei on one side of his bed, covering him up. He moved back to him computer, pulling the headphones out so that the music filled the room to help drown out the noise from the other room.
Kai brought his work back up, a book that he was writing. Most wouldn’t believe that he would write fantasy-adventure books and stories-not that anyone had ever read any of them but him-but he had for years, since he was a child. It had always been his release when he lived with his grandfather, just like singing and writing songs had been Tala’s. Now, even years after getting away from his grandfather, he still had to write. It was like this addiction that he couldn’t fight, one that was what kept him sane and attached to this world. He wouldn’t sleep for days, staying up all night, skip meals, even disappear for long time, day or more, just to get the thoughts down. He couldn’t help it, they would keep him up till he did, making him crave to write, to make something.
He knew what should be the next part of the story he had been writing since before Rei showed up, one that he had even sat down at wrote on paper to get it down, and had spent the last few hours typing. He now was ready to type the next part, a part that hadn’t been invented but in a form of an idea, he couldn’t. The only thing he could think about was those gold eyes staring up at him wanting to know what was going on, the soft hair that his hand had been in, the innocent smile on full lips. He couldn’t think about anything but that, and that was a first for him. He had always been able to write, no matter who was there, how he was hurt, what he should be doing. And the thought that something may be able to do that to him, make it so that he couldn’t write, to care about them more, that wasn’t supposed to happen.
Kai looked back over to his bed, watching Rei as he slept. He looked innocent, something that Kai hadn’t been in years. Rei was though, he still believed that there was some good in the world, somewhere. But Kai knew better, he knew there wasn’t. The world didn’t have good or innocent anymore. Everyone was for themselves, only caring if it help them, effected them in some way. To them it was just who could get the most out of life in the short amount of time they had. Kai hated that, but he knew that was the way it worked, and all the good once there was gone, good wasn’t out in the world now. But something kept telling him that there was good somewhere, that there had to be at least one person out there that held others above themselves.
Kai gave up, his mind was too clouded with other things to actually concentrate in anyway. He got up and turned off his monitor, not bothering to turn off the computer so that the music still played threw the speakers. He crossed the room, turning off the light, and climbed into bed, hands behind his head, starring up at the ceiling, his mind going in circles. He jumps slightly when he felt weight settle on his chest, looking down he could make out a head of hair in the dark room. He moved his arms from under his head, wrapping one around Rei’s waist, the other laying against the arm that was draped across his chest. His eyes dropped and he fell asleep in seconds, his mind surprisingly quite of the first time Kai could remember.

//

Tala headed to Kai’s room, to get him because he couldn’t find Rei. He walked in, and stopped, causing Bryan to walk into his back. Kai and Rei were in the same place, except Rei’s head was now against Kai’s neck, and Kai’s head was leaning against Rei’s, and both hands were on Rei’s waist. Tala moved towards the bed, looking down at them, not even noticing when Bryan walked up behind him and wrapped him arms around his waist. “I haven’t seen Kai sleep since we were little.” Tala committed, reaching out and running his hand down Kai’s check. He blinked in confusion when Kai didn’t move at all, not to move closer or to wake up. Kai had always been a light sleeper, never letting someone touch him unless he knew who it was. “Kai?”
“Nna.” Kai muttered, shifting his head, burring his face into Rei’s hair.
“Kai.” Tala called again, giving his shoulder a light shake, moving Rei with him. Rei’s eyes snapped open in shock of being moved, looking up at them, seemingly not minding, or noticing his place. Tala gave him a smile, before shaking Kai again.
“Go away.” Kai told him, pulling Rei closer, and burring his head farther into his hair.
“Are you felling alright Kai?” Tala asked his cousin, getting a mumble in response. “Kai, I can’t understand you.”
“I said that I’m fine, just tired.” Kai told him after pulling his head up, turning to look at Tala. “I’m up now, so what do you want.”
“Its your turn to make breakfast.” Tala told him, covering the fact that the real reason he was woken up was because he was worried that something happened to his baby cousin.
“I make it every morning, cant you do it just once?” Kai asked, shifting to sit up, causing Rei to sit up as well. He stretched his arms over his head, slipping out of bed.
“Would you like me to make it?” Rei asked, rubbing his eyes. Kai reach over, running a hand threw Rei’s messed up bangs, tucking a stray hair that had fell out of the braid behind a slightly pointed ear.
“Can you cook?” Kai asked him.
“Yes, its not that good, but its eatable.” Rei told him, moving to the edge of the bed and getting off, straightening the shirt, one of Tala’s, as it fell off his shoulder. “Is that alright?”
“Fine.” Bryan told him, getting a smile. Rei moved past them, leaving the three of them alone in the room. As soon as the door was shut, Tala turned to his cousin.
“So baby cousin, what was that?” Tala asked, getting a scrawl at the nickname.
“What was what?” Kai asked, moving over to his computer to turn off the music.
“What just happened, all of it.” Tala told him, sitting down on his bed.
“You two woke Rei up last night with all the noise you were making, so I let him stay in here.” Kai told him, saving and closing windows.
“And?” Tala asked.
“I went to bed and he curled up against me.” Kai told them, turning to look at them in annoyance. “Nothing more.”
“Why were you in bed?” Bryan asked, since it was well know that Kai almost never slept.
“I was tired.” came the response. “It nothing.”
“Kai, its not nothing. You didn’t even respond when we came in, I even shook you and you didn’t move.” Tala told him, sighing. “Kai, that’s not normal for you, it never has been. You don’t sleep that deep, you don’t ever let people touch you, hell, you never even went out of you way to help people before Rei showed up.”
“It wasn’t out of my way.” Kai told him, glaring. Tala smiled, standing up and going to his cousin.
“Kai, its alright to care about someone but yourself.” Tala told him.
“I don’t just care about myself, I care about you two.” Kai told him. “I don’t need to care about anyone else, epically some street brat that was in my way.”
“Kai.” Tala started, then stopped. “I think you will have to learn this one on your own. I just hope you realize that caring isn’t wrong.”
Tala turned around and headed out, Bryan fallowing. “Kai, you shouldn’t be scared of what you fell.” Bryan told him, then left the room, heading downstairs with Tala, missing the gold eyes that watched them from the space between the door and frame of the owners room.

//

Kai came down stairs not a few minutes later, fully dressed in a pair of black baggy pants and a dark blue shirt that ended just above the end of the pants, leaving skin showing. “Kai!”
“WHAT!” he yelled back at his cousin. Tala come around the corner from the living room, Bryan out of the kitchen.
“I cant find Rei, his not down here!” Tala told him.
“And?”
“His not in the house!” Tala informed him, Kai rolled his eyes, and turned around, heading back upstairs. He knocked on Rei’s door, calling to him, but didn’t get an answer. He opened the door to find the room empty, and the window open, and piece of paper on the bed. He walked over to it, picking it up off the red and gold blankets.
‘Thank you, but I really don’t want to cause trouble. If I’m going to cause arguments between you three, then I don’t need to be here, besides, you don’t really need another mouth to feed. I can make it out there, I’m used to fending for myself, so don’t you worry about it. Once again thank you for everything, and I will get you the money to pay for all the money that I caused you.’
Kai reread the note twice, having trouble with the small smears on it. It took a moment for him to figure out that they were from tears that had fallen onto the letter.
“He left?” Tala asked, reading over Kai’s shoulder.
“Looks like it.” Bryan committed. “What are we going to do?” He asked, looking at Kai. Kai turned and headed for the door, pushing the paper into his pocket.
“Kai?” Tala called. “Where are you going?”
“To knock some since into that brat.” Kai told him, looking back. “Then I’m going to drag him back here and he’s going to be grounded for the next decade.”
“I thought that you didn’t care about that ‘street brat’.” Tala committed, a looking straight back at his cousin.
“He’s growing on me.” came the response, then Kai left the room.
“Are we going to help him?” Bryan asked, looking at his boyfriend.
“Nah, we’re making lunch for when they get back.” Tala told him, heading out of the room, Bryan close behind. Tala glanced back, smiling slightly, Bryan would fallow him to the end of the world if he had to, and Tala always that it was kinda cute.
“When? Not if?” Bryan asked, moving to walk next to Tala as they went down the stairs.
“No, when. Kai wont come back without the Kitten.” Tala told him, smiling a knowing smile. Bryan raised an eyebrow, tipping his head to the side. “I wonder how long till that cute crush turns into love.”

//

Kai stomped down the street, keeping an eye out for the half neko-jin.
He couldn’t believe that Rei would run off like this, he seemed to like living with them the last week and a half, and now he runs away. What was he thinking, he wasn’t well enough to be running around, especially this close to winter. It could start snowing any day down, and he’s out hear in a pair of Kai’s pants and one of Tala’s old shirts, and a low grade temperature.
“Excuse me, young man. Is there something the matter? Can I be of help?” and older lady called, one in her late 60’s. Kai stopped and stared. People just didn’t offer help, or ask what was wrong, not even the elderly. It just wasn’t how people did things, hadn’t been the way people did things in over 100 years.
“Are you talking to me.” Kai snapped at her. She didn’t flinch, just telling him that that was the case. “Why?”
“I had this sweet little boy help he earlier today, he was about your age, a little younger maybe. But he went out of his way to help, not wanting anything in return, strange isn’t it? All he ask is that I try to help others as well, and well, you seem to look like you need it.” she told him, moving closer to him on her walking stick.
“I don’t.” Kai told her, turning to leave.
“It seems that you do.” she told him.
“I told you I don’t, I’m mad, not in need on help.” Kai informed the women, starting to walk away.
“You appear to be more worried then mad. Could it be that someone you care about is hurt, or maybe missing?” the women asked Kai.
“I don’t care about that stupid street brat!” Kai yelled at her, turning around to face her once again.
“If you didn’t, then you wouldn’t be out here looking for him in this weather, in those clothes.” she told him, a smile on her face.
“I don’t care, I’m just going to find him and knock some since into that thick head of his!” Kai told her. “And its none of your business what I’m doing or why!”
“You seem so angry, when that young neko-jin was talking about you, he made you sound like such a good person, going out of your way to help him. But maybe I got the wrong person, I just thought that you might be one of the boys that helped him, you look like one of them that he described to me. Well I’m sorry, this old lady’s eyes aren’t as good as they used to be.”
“Did you say a neko-jin?” Kai asked, and she nodded. “Long black hair, gold eyes, wearing a white shirt, blue pants?”
“Yes that’s him. So you do know him then? You are one of those boys he spoke so highly of?” the women asked him.
“Which way did he go?” Kai demanded
“Now I cant tell you that if your going to harm that sweet child.” she told him, shaking her head, turning to leave.
“Damn-it women! Tell me where he went!” Kai yelled after her, fallowing her. “I have to find him!”
“But I cant tell you, if your going to hurt him.” the elderly women repeated.
“I’m not going to hurt him, I would never hurt Rei.” Kai told her. “That brat may be annoying, but his still my annoying brat.”
“Then you did lose something of importance?” she asked.
“Yes, Rei’s important to me.” Kai muttered under his breath, but the women caught it all the same. “Can you tell me where he went, his sick and shouldn’t be outside in this weather.” Kai said in a loader voice.
“OH!” she said, turning around to look at him. “He’s sick. Oh no! I didn’t know that, of course. He went down that way, towards the bridge.” she told him, pointing down to the left of them. Kai turned at ran that way, calling back a thanks to the women that continued her way on home.
Kai ran as fast as he could, weaving in and out of streets that he played on before his parents died. He knew where the bridge was, right in middle of town, conecting the two parts, the only way to get to the west side of there large town, the only way to get to there home on the small land.
It started to snow, making Kai nose turn red as the wind blew harder. A storm was coming, a big one. He had to find Rei he had to. He kept running, coming stop on the edge of the bridge, panting slightly.
Rei was sitting there, staring out towards the north, shivering. Kai slowly walked towards him.
//

Rei sat on the railing of the bridge looking out over the slightly frozen water, humming to himself. He couldn’t remember where he had heard the song from, but it was always calming. That what he needed right now, to calm down. He was cold, shivering constantly, his head hurt-slightly pounding, his throat was scratchy, and his heart hurt. He knew that he hand to get out of the cold, to find somewhere to stay from the wind and snow that was starting to fall around him, but he couldn’t. his head kept replaying Kai’s words over and over, making it hard to do anything, even remember how the song went.
He heard running footsteps, and panting when they came closer. The footsteps stopped as the person stopped running, coming to stand at the end of the bridge. Rei didn’t turn, not wanting to see who it was, the weird look he was getting for being out in this weather. He heard the footsteps falling again, this time the person was walking towards him, when they were not a foot away Rei turned towards them. His world went black before he could do anything, seeing one a streak of blue and red.

//

When Rei started to fall, Kai darted forward, holding him in his arms, tight against his chest. Rei’s face was flushed, checks almost a dark pink, close to red. He was sweating, even with the cold wind blowing on him. His arms and face were like ice, but his forehead what on fire.
“Stupid brat.” Kai muttered, laying Rei down and pulling his light over jacket on, now wishing that he’d been thinking before leaving the house, so mad to care about such things, but then again, he didn’t even have socks on, so it’s a wonder that he even grabbed a jacket.
He put it one Rei, then picked him up once again, walking back towards home, hoping that they got there before the storm hit fully. He picked up his pace, glancing at Rei every once and a while, watching as he whizzed in between coughing fits. Coughing fits that made his whole body shake, making it hard to hold onto him, much less keep his head out of the never forgiving wind.
“K-Kai…” Rei muttered, causing him to stop and watch Rei. Rei shifted slightly, body shaking with coughs once again.
“Rei are you awake?” Kai asked, starting to walk again. He didn’t get a response, not that he expected one, Rei was still unconscious, most likely dreaming about something.
“Kai…” he called again, a small whine coming from his abused throat.
“Shush Rei.” Kai told him, shifting Rei once again. “You’re fine, and I’m here. It’ll be alright, I promise. Do you hear me?”
Rei didn’t responded, just laid against his chest, whizzing as he tried to take air into his tired body. Kai broke into a run when he came to his street, the storm was getting worse, he could barely see in front of himself anymore. He made it to the door, calling for Tala and Bryan, hoping that one of them could hear him over the howling of the wind. The door flew open, and Tala took Rei from Kai talking him over to the couch where he could warm up by the fire. Kai came in, closing the door with a little difficulty, then taking off his shoes. He headed upstairs, pulling off his shirt as he went.
He entered his room, throwing it into the hamber, then his pants. He pulled out a new pair of pants, putting them on, then a long sleeve shirt and a pair of socks to cover his freezing feet. He then pulled out a pair of sleeping pants, a long sleeve shirt and a sweater for Rei. He grabbed a pair of socks out of his dresser, and a two towels form the bathroom before heading back downstairs.
Tala was already striping Rei by the time that he got there, excepting a towel and the clothes form Kai as he dried his now wet hair form the melting snow there. Tala got him dried off, and into warmer clothes, covering him with the quilt that Bryan had sat on the floor for him.
Tala shifted, sitting his back against the couch. “I was getting worried with the storm hitting, and with good reason it would appear.”
“Here.” Bryan said, handing Tala a cup of hot chocolate, then Kai. Neither would say it aloud, but they both loved it in the winter. Summer was coffee, winter was hot chocolate, just how the two cousins had been since as far back as Bryan could remember. Bryan on the other hand, liked cider year around. It didn’t matter what time of year or how cold or hot it was, he always wanted hot cider.
Bryan placed another piece of wood on the fire, looking over at Rei as he started coughing, curling up into a ball for warmth. “He’s going to take a turn for the worse.” Bryan committed.
“Most likely.” Tala told him, placing a hand on Rei’s check then his forehead, clicking his tongue in worry. “His bodies cold, but his forehead is on fire.”
“Yeah.” Kai told him. “I thought that was wired as well.”
“It’s the cold.” Bryan told them “so until his body his warmed up, we wont know how mad of shape he is in.”
They both nodded in understanding. Tala moved, sitting between Bryan’s feet. Kai leaned back, and closed his eyes, not actually falling asleep, but not wanting to see anything. Kai sat back up, sitting his cup on the table then heading upstairs. Tala watched him, taking another sip of his drink, laying his head against one of Bryan’s legs. Bryan reach down, running a hand threw Tala’s hair as he dozed off, taking the cup with the other.
“He’s going to kill you when he finds out that you touching his hair.” Kai told him, sitting back down in the chair with a pen and two notebooks-one for the story and the other full of notes. Bryan knew what they were, and rolled his eyes, Kai really was addicted to writing. The four boy sat in silence for the rest of the day, and most of the evening.

//


Well that’s it for the time being, tell me what you think, and if you have any thoughts on what is going on, suggestions or questions, either one, just some kind of committees will do, but give me something!