Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ scattered dreams ❯ Mistakes ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
OK! Here’s the next chapter, and you better fell luck because my damn keyboard’s shift is messed up so I could only use the right one, damn it all right?
___
Tala and Kai weren’t having much luck today, at the moment they were in the dinning room, having just gotten questioned by a detective. The reason, Bryan had murdered someone early this morning, or so they said. “When is he coming home?” Tala asked.
“We think it would be best that he didn’t, the bail is set at a million, but if you get into it, it’ll cause trouble.” He told them. This man was named Starkes, a tall man, about Tala’s height, maybe a little taller, he had green hair and eyes, and a worried expression. All of them at the station liked Bryan, and none of them believed that he did this, but they had to go by what they did know.
“And why is that?” Kai asked.
“The man that was killed was a Mr. Garson.” Starkes told them, watching the others two’s faces go to shock. “So you did to know this man?”“Yeah, he owned the club that Rei used to work at.” Tala told him, glancing towards the door.
“Rei? Bryan mentioned him at well, who is he?” Starkes asked, looking between the two.
“He’s an abused neko-jin that lives with us since we found out that Mr. Garson was selling his body.” Tala told him, letting out a sigh. “But even if we didn’t like the guy, Bry wouldn’t kill him.”
“I know.” Starkes told them, shaking his head. “I need to talk to Rei as well.”
“Alright, come on, his should be watching TV.” Kai told him, standing up to leave. Tala sat still, looking at his hands on the table. “Tal?”
“I’ll wait for you here; Starkes will have to talk to him alone.” Tala told him, not looking up.
“Alright.” Kai muttered, looking at him, letting out a sigh. He glanced at Starkes and deciding that it was alright before pulling Tala’s head up and gave him a kiss. He pulled back from him; giving him a smile then led the detective out of the room. He headed down the hall, wondering what was going to happen now. “Rei.” Kai called as he entered the room.
Over the last few days, Rei tried his best to understand what it was that he was feeling. He would try his best to act normally around them, and to spend time alone with each one at least once a day, but he was still confused about what he felt. At the moment he was watching TV to take his mind off it, and the fact that Bryan was an hour late coming home. He looked up when he was called, smiling at Kai.
Kai came to him, bending down next to the couch as Rei sat up to look at him. “Rei, there is a cop here; he wants to ask you some questions, ok?”
“Yeah.” Rei told him, with a nod. “But Kai, when will Bryan be home.” Kai bit his lip, looking into Rei’s gold eyes. “Kai?”
“He won’t be home for some time.” Kai told him, trying to give him a smile.
“When?” Rei asked, turning his head to the side.
“A few days.” Kai told him, glancing at the cop.
“Why?”
“He’s got something he has to do, but don’t worry, he’ll be home soon.” Kai told him, kissing his forehead before standing up. “I’m going to sit with Tala, just call if you need anything.” Kai told them both, then turning, giving Starkes a look that said to ‘be careful’ and he nodded his head.
“Hello Rei, I’m Detective Starkes.” He told him, slowly making his way over to on of the chairs.
“Hi.” Rei muttered, watching him as he walked.
“Rei, can you tell me something?” Starkes asked, stopping at the chair. “Why does Bryan leave his gun in his locker?”
“Because.” came the muttered response.
“He said it was because you’re scared of it.” Starkes continued. “Is that true?”
“Yeah.” Rei muttered, watching him. “Are you going to sit down?”
“Sure.” Starkes told him, flipping his jacket so that the gun was visible. Rei paled, scooting back on the couch, till his back was pressed as hard as he could against it. “Rei?”
“Are-Are you going to sh-shoot me?” Rei asked eyes full of fear.
“No, of course not. I have to carry one around with me, just like Bryan does.” Starkes explained, watching Rei. “Look, if it makes you more conferrable, I can sit it on the table.” Starkes continued, reaching for the holster to remove it, as soon as his hand was on it Rei screamed, pulling his legs up and burying his face in them with his hands coving his head. Starkes stopped, pulling his hand away from it as Kai and Tala came running in.
“Rei!” they called, moving to the couch, sitting on either side of him.
“Kitten, its ok.” Tala told him, placing a hand on his shoulder. Rei looked up at him, eyes full of fear. “What’s wrong Kitten?”
“H-He was g-going to shoot m-me.” Rei told him, shaking.
“What?” Kai asked, looking over at Starkes. “Detective?”
“I was just going to remove my gun because it was scaring him.” he explained, watching the three of them.
“I thought you knew not to do that after Bryan told you why he didn’t bring his gun home. Are you fucking stupid!” Tala snapped at him, wrapping his arms around Rei. The others stared at him.
“Tala, calm down, it was a mistake.” Kai told him, moving from the couch to sit on the arm next to him.
“Yeah, well if they don’t believe him or us, then how are we ever going to get him back?” Tala asked him, pulling Rei more against him, then into his lap, where he buried his head into Rei’s hair.
“We will, I know we will.” Kai told him, placing a hand on his head. “I promise we will.”
“What is going on?” Rei asked, shifting his head to look up at them as he pulled away. “You said that he was working and would be back in a few days. So why is Tala worried that he isn’t coming back?”
“Shit.” Kai muttered, looking away for a moment then back. “Rei, Bryan’s been arrested for the murder of that club owner that you used to work for.”
“He killed him?” Rei asked, eyes filling with tears.
“No, but they think he did.” Tala told him. “They just know that it was his gun.”
“But Bryan wouldn’t kill someone.” Rei muttered, tears on his checks. “Bryan told me he never would.”
“I know.” Tala muttered, tightening his arms around Rei’s waist.
“I want Driger.” Rei muttered, pulling away, and got up when Tala let him go. He ran out of the room, heading up to his room.
“Driger?” Starkes asked, watching as he left.
“A stuffed toy that Bryan gave him.” Kai explained, wrapping an arm around Tala’s shoulder. “It’ll be ok.” Kai told him, kissing his head. Now he had a lover in jail, one close to a break down, and a ‘friend’ that was freaking out.
“I hope so.” Tala muttered, looking up a Kai with a small smile.
“Are you two ok?” Starkes asked, watching the whole exchange.
“We will be.” Kai told him, glancing at Rei when he came back in, moving to the couch and laid down with his head in Tala’s lap, Driger held to his chest. “We have to be.”
Starkes nodded his head in understanding, watching the three. It was well known that Bryan was dating both Kai and Tala, but he’d noticed when he was questioning Bryan about everything, that he had love showing in his eyes when he was talking about both Tala and Kai, but also Rei. Now he was here, and he could see the same look in their eyes directed at the younger boy. “Can one of you tell me how you know each other? That would help explain why Rei is here.”
“The four of us shared a dorm room when we lived at boarding school when we were younger.” Kai told him, running a hand threw Tala’s hair, kissing his head again. “When I took over my grandfathers business I asked Tala to take half of it, we started dating right after that. Bryan had needed a place to stay, so he moved in here.”
“And Rei?” Starkes asked, knowing some of the story from the media.
“He just disappeared; we lost complete contact with him for the five years till we found him at the club.” Kai explained, looking towards Rei.
“And he willingly worked there?”
“No.” Rei muttered, burying his face into Tala’s lap, holding Driger tighter against him. “Mama and papa made me.”
“Made you?” Starkes asked. “Rei, they can’t make you sell yourself.”
“It wasn’t really them, it was that they sold Rei to Mr. Garson, who then charged money for people to sleep with him, so it was in part their fault.” Kai told him, shaking him head.
“How old wore you Rei?”
“13.” came the response, looking up at him with scared eyes. Tala bit his lip, moving Rei’s head off his lap and stood up, leaving the room. Kai watched him, the only one noticing the unshed tears in his eyes. “Tala?”
“It’s nothing Kitten.” Kai told him, sitting down in the empty place, putting Rei’s head on his lap. “He just doesn’t want to hear about this.”
“I wasn’t going to say anything else about it.” Rei muttered, lip quivering.
“I know.”
“Is he mad at me?”
“No, not at all.” Kai assured him, running a hand threw the unbraided hair. “He’s just stressed, but don’t worry, he’ll be back to normal tomorrow, I promise.”
“Can I ask you a few more questions?” Starkes asked, not wanting to interrupt, but needing to get the facts straight.
“Yeah.” Kai told him, sighing.
“Where was he last night, around 2 am?” Starkes asked, looking at Rei. “They told me that they just got back from a trip, so you were here alone with him.”
“Yeah.” Rei told him. “But I don’t know; I was sleeping at that time.”
“That’s alright, can you tell me the last time you saw him.” Starkes asked, nodding his head as he wrote down the answer.
“No.” Rei told him, catching them both by shock.
“Why not?”
“Because anything I say you are going to use to take Bryan away.” Rei told him, holding onto Driger with one hand and Kai’s pants with the other.
“Rei, can you please answer this question, you won’t have to answer any more, but this one will help bring Bryan back, so please Kitten.” Kai begged, looking Rei in the eyes.
“Really?”
“Yeah, they will be able to tell if he did it or not.” Kai assured him, giving Rei a small smile.
“We watched a movie, it was… umm… Die Hard 2.” Rei told him, glancing up a Kai, giving him a smile. Rei loved the Die Hard movies, and they often re-watched them.
“It was on TV?” Kai asked, since that was the only one that they didn’t own.
“Yeah, on HBO.” Rei told him. “It went off around 12:30 I think, and we had ice cream.”
“So you two went to bed around 1?” Starkes asked, writing it down.
“Yeah, I said goodnight, and went to my room, and he told me he was going to go to bed too. But I didn’t see him go into his room, since he closed my door when he was sure I was in bed.” Rei told him, biting his lip. “Is that ok?”
“Yes, it’s fine.” Starkes told him, nodding him head. “Is any of that unusual?”
“No.” Rei told him, and Starkes raised an eye brow.
“One of us always makes sure that he’s in bed before we go to bed, so that’s normal.” Kai told him, understanding what he was confused about.
“May I ask why?” Starkes asked, watching them as Kai continued to run a hand threw Rei’s hair.
“To make sure that he’s safe from harm.” Kai told him, smiling as Rei started to doze off. “It’s hard to explain really, it’s just how we do it.”
“I understand, and it appears that my witness is sleeping, so I’ll take my leave.” Starkes told him as he stood up, waving him off as Kai went to join him. “I’ll show my self out.”
Kai shook his head, getting up and fallowing him. He watched him get into this car and drive off, then closed the front door and locked it. He went back down the hall, picking Rei up and taking him up to his room. He entered, maneuvering Rei so that he could pull the blankest down and then tucked him in. “Kai?” Rei muttered, half open eyes looking up at him.
“Go back to sleep Kitten, it’ll be alright.” Kai assured him, kissing his head and left the room, closing the door. He sighed, wondering where Tala was. He headed down the hall, checking their room first, finding it empty, he headed downstairs. The only place he could think of that Tala would go to think without leaving the house was a small area in the garden. Heading out there, walking past the usually vine covered arch into the snowy field which was usually full with lily and tulip and sure enough Tala sat on the rock in the center of it all. “Tal?”
Tala glanced up at him, then back down, hiding the tears noticeable in the moon light. Kai come over and sat down behind him, a leg on each side. He wrapped his arms around Tala’s waist, burying his face in his soft red hair. “It’s ok, I promise. It’ll get better, and the four of us will be happy.”
“What’s the point, we told Rei how we feel and Bryan isn’t here now.” Tala told him. “Do we gain one to lose the other?”
“No, of course not.” Kai assured him. “We will not lose him, we won’t. Nor Rei, he’s confused but you can tell that he loves us.”
“I know.” Tala muttered, burying his face in the side of Kai’s neck. “I just can’t stand the thought of losing either one of them, or you. I can’t do that, and to listen to Rei talking about what happened to him on top of it. God Kai, I’m losing it, aren’t I?”
“It’s ok. I didn’t like it either, nor did Rei for that matter. You’re going to have to be careful; I don’t think Rei’s taking this all very well. Tala, you may be losing it just a little, but Rei has, he’s mid-breakdown right now and he needs you to be strong ok, I need you to be strong.”
“I know.” Tala told him, sighing. “Its just hard thinking that we could lose Bry, and at the same time thinking about how close we came to losing Rei.”
“But we didn’t lose him, and we won’t lose Bry either.” Kai told him, pulling back and getting off. He held a hand out for Tala, who took it, allowing himself to be pulled down and into Kai’s arms, not caring that Kai was shorter then him, just needing to be held. Kai gave him a kiss, then kissed his forehead. He pulled back smiling at Tala, then kissed his check. “Come on, I’ve been out here for a good 20 minutes, and you for some time. I don’t want you catching a cold.”
Tala smiled, nodding his head, pulling away form Kai. Kai pulled him back against his side, keeping an arm tightly wrapped around his waist and headed inside. “Where’s Rei?”
“I put him to bed; he fell asleep on the couch again.” Kai told him as they headed upstairs. Tala pulled away and peeked into Rei’s room, smiling at him. He moved back to Kai, and the two headed into there room.
Kai pulled off his shirt, tossing it towards the hamper, not caring if it made it in. He wrapped his arms around Tala‘s waist, who was in nothing but his shirt and boxers, having just removed his pants. Kai kissed his neck, nuzzling it, then giving it a lick before kissing it again. He continued in the same spot, biting a few times, and sucking, pleased when he left a red mark and Tala was left panting. He then licked up to his ear, lightly biting on the lobe.
“Kai.” Tala groaned, leaning back against him. “Wh-what are you doing?”
“Seducing you.” Kai answered, licking behind his ear as he unbuttoned the shirt Tala was wearing, getting a moan. “It’ll make you stop thinking about everything that’s happened.”
“Naah…” Tala moaned, letting his shirt to fall to the floor, moving towards the bed as Kai nudged him, not stopping what he was doing the ear and the area around it. “Mnn… Kai.”
“Shh.” Kai muttered, turning him around to sit on the bed. Tala looked up at him, then scooted back and moved long ways on the bed and laid down with his head on the pillows. Kai removed his pants, then crawled onto the bed and over to Tala.
Tala smiled at him, wrapped his arms around Kai’s neck and pulled him down for a kiss. Kai obliged and kissed him, slowly adding his tongue into Tala’s mouth. Tala moaned, giving a slight growl when Kai pulled away, starting to kiss down his neck. Tala kept his hands in Kai’s hair, and Kai nipped along his colure bone, leaving red marks after him. He then moved on down and sucked on his nipple, biting it lightly. Tala groaned and moaned, asking for more. Kai smiled, moving to the other, giving it a lick then the same treatment. “K-Kai!”
“Having fun Wolf?” Kai asked, licking down his stomach, nipping and licking at the hem of the boxers, blowing on the wet spots.
“KAI! Damn-it, stop playing around!” Tala told him, pulling on Kai’s hair. Kai reach up and tugged on Tala’s hand, getting him to loosen Tala hold on his hair. Kai then pulled off Tala’s boxers, nuzzling his hip, nipping at it. He licked down, licking his thigh, then sucking on it. Tala moaned, moving his legs apart to let Kai sit between them. Kai smirked up at him, licking up and around his erection, not touching it, then down the other thigh. “Damn-it Phoenix, I said to knock it off.”
“I will.” Kai told him, and Tala smiled. “When I want to.”
“KAI!” he yelled, lightly hitting Kai on the head. Kai chuckled, placing light kisses on his erection, getting Tala to yell for a different reason. Kai licked the tip, stroking his thigh, moving farther up on him. Tala groaned and moaned, holding onto Kai’s hair tighter. “Kai, I…nah.”
Kai chuckled, sending tingles up Tala’s penis, causing him to give a small scream. Kai sucked gently, licking up and down, then repeating. Then backed up to the tip, then bit it lightly, causing Tala to call out again. He slowly made his way back up, deep throating him. Tala was unable to stop it anymore, and cum in Kai‘s mouth. Kai pulled back after swallowing and licked his lips clean, smirking at Tala, then nuzzled his hip again. Kai moved up and kissed Tala, tongue and all.
They both jumped when they heard the door open, looking to find Rei standing there in his night shirt and boxer with Driger held tight to his chest, his eyes full of tears. “S-sorry, I’ll leave.” he told them, turning to leave.
“Kitten, what’s wrong?” Kai asked, getting up and finding Tala’s boxers, tossing them to him. Tala pulled them on, willing the blush away.
“I had a bad dream.” Rei muttered, turning back to them as he rubbed his eye.
“Come here.” Tala told him, pulling the blankets from under him and got under them, holding it open for Rei. Rei came over, crawling in and curling up against Tala. Kai disappeared into the bathroom, coming back a few minutes later to find Tala still rubbing Rei’s back. He closed the door, then climbed in behind Rei, wrapping his arms around Rei’s waist.
“You had that nightmare again?” Kai asked, kissing the back of his head.
“Yes.” Rei told him, burying his face into Tala’s chest. They sighed, looking over the top of Rei’s head. Rei had started having nightmares a few weeks after he came to live with them. These nightmares were of them leaving, Rei said that he chased them and when he caught up with them, they would dissolve into ash. It was always a different one of them, and he would always latch onto that person.
“It’s going to be ok.” Tala told him, kissing the top of his head.
“I want Bry.” Rei muttered, sniffing.
“I know, we all do.” Kai muttered, snuggling behind Rei, slipping a leg between Rei’s. “But he’ll be back soon.”
“Sorry that I interrupted you.” Rei apologized again. “I didn’t mean to.”
“Its alright, it wasn’t your fault, you have no control over this.” Tala told him, smiling slightly when he noticed that Kai had fallen in a content asleep.
“I’m still sorry.” Rei told him, pulling his head back slightly and kissing Tala’s chest lightly in apology since he couldn’t do much else. Tala bit his lip, trying to ignore what it did to him.
“Don’t worry about it, we were done.” Tala told him, bringing one of the hands up to rub the back of Rei’s neck. Rei’s purred loudly, placing his head back against Tala’s chest. Tala smiled when Rei also fell asleep.
Tala turned his head around, looking out the window, since they forgot to close the blinds. Eyes filled with tears once more, turning back and placing his head against Rei’s, tapping into Kai’s, and let them fall. This was the first time that Rei had had one of these nightmares and not had the one he needed here for him, and on top of that, Tala really need him here right now. Bryan always had a way of making him fell better, to stop worrying. Kai could help, so could Rei, but Bryan was good at it, maybe because he always went to him when he was this emotional, when he was in this much need for reassurance. Tala cried himself to sleep.
Kai groaned, burying his face farther into Rei’s hair to hide from the sunlight. He sighed and pulled his head up, looking around the room, eyes falling on the alarm clock. ‘‘5:45’… Crap. It is WAY too early to be up on my day off.’ Kai thought.
“Go back to sleep Kai.” Tala muttered, looking up at him. “It’s too early to be up, and I would like sleep a little more. Besides who knows the next time we‘ll have the kitten in our bed.”
Kai chuckled, nodding his head, then slipped out of the bed. Tala gave him an annoyed but questioning look as he did so and Rei moved closer to him for warmth. Kai just smiled and moved over to the window and closed the blinds, then climbed back into bed, snuggling up behind Rei once again. Rei purred, smiling in his sleep, seemingly not having a worry in the world. Kai and Tala smiled as well, willing to just relax and forget everything as the vibrations from Rei’s chest pulled them back into sleep.
Kai glared when Tala got out of bed an hour later. “Sorry love, I’ve go to go to work, I have a meeting.”
“Tala?” Rei muttered, eyes slowly opening to look up at him from his place in Kai’s arms.
“Go back to sleep Kitten.” Tala told him, kissing his check.
“Don’t go.” Rei pleaded, grabbing Tala’s arm.
“Rei? It’s ok.” Kai told him, kissing the top of his head
“No, they’re going to take Tala away too.” Rei said, pulling on his arm.
“Rei? What’s wrong?” Tala asked, sitting back down on the bed.
“I don’t want you to leave. I don’t want to lose you too.”
“You’re not going to lose me, or Kai. We aren’t going anywhere, I promise.” Tala told him, kissing his forehead again.
“I think I love you, and Kai, and Bryan.” Rei told him. “Why didn’t I realize it before all this happened?”
“Because sometimes it takes losing something you love to realize that you love it.” Kai told him, placing his hand on Rei’s and pulling it away from Tala. Tala got up and headed into the bathroom. Kai smiled at Rei, giving him a wink which was returned with a confused look.
“Kai! What the fuck where you thinking! You knew I had a breakfast meeting!” Tala coming back out into the bedroom, glaring at the smirking boy.
He had found his hickies.
___
It had been a week, and Tala and Kai still didn’t know what to do. Bryan was still in custody, and now the two of them were on the other side of the country for a meeting and Rei was left alone. The two couldn’t do anything about it; they both had to be present at this, even if they didn’t wanted to be. The two exchanged a look, then looking back up at the head of the table.
“Umm…”
“I thought I told you not to interrupt.” the owner of the company told his secretary.
“I know sir, but it’s…umm… its just that someone has called 8 time in the last 20 minutes for Mr. Hiwatari and Mr. Ivanov.”
“Is it really that important?” he asked, and she slowly nodded.
“It’s from a cop, a cop that works with a… Bryan?” she muttered, blushing as they all looked at her.
“Karsin?” Tala asked.
“Yeah.” she muttered. “Would you like me to put it on speaker?”
“That’s fine.” Kai told her, knowing that would most likely be the only way to get the call. She nodded and put it on speaker.
“Karsin?” Kai asked.
‘Kai, is Tala there with you?’ Karsin’s voice filled the room.
“Yeah, is there news on Bryan?” Tala asked, worried about his older lover.
‘No, that’s not it… umm guys… Puppy went and visited Rei and they went ice skating…’
“Get to it.” Kai told him.
‘Rei fell threw the ice, is in the ICU.’ Karsin muttered after a sigh.
“WHAT!” Tala and Kai yelled, standing up at the same time cold fear setting in.
‘He hit his head on the ice; Luka pulled him out when he was unconscious. But I don’t know how bad it is, they won’t tell me anything even though I’m a cop. They said they would only talk to family.’ Karsin told him. ‘It wasn’t you’re fault baby.’ he said, to what Kai and Tala presumed to be Luka.
“We’ll be right there,” Tala told him, “and tell Luka that we don’t blame him.”
‘Yeah, I’ll do that, but I think he’ll listen better if he hears it from you.’ Karsin told him, then there was a dial tone. The two looked at each other, then started to put there things together.
“We’ll have to reschedule this.” Kai told him, then they left before he got an answer.
___
Well that’s it for now, so what do you think