Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of the Blade ❯ Kai and Takeshi p.1 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"It's nice of you to join us, Kai.", Tyson leaned against the wall in his room while the others sat around, "I thought you would never show!"
"I was checking on Wyatt."
"Oh."
"Who's Wyatt?", Takeshi asked, rolling onto her stomach. She was laying on Tyson's bed, having changed into a long brown shirt with her hair tied back. Kai glared at her. She glared back. Rei commented again how alike they looked.
"If I didn't know any better, I'd say they were brother and sister."
"Yeah, Max." chortled Tyson "That'll be the day, Kai with a little sister!" The room burst into wild fits of laughter while Takeshi and Kai glared a bit more into the night.
-the later that night-
Kai couldn't sleep, his mind was racing madly. He was laying against a wall next to Tyson's bed, where Takeshi laid. Takeshi, dear merciful God help her, Kai thought, standing up to sit next to her, stroking her hair as she slept, Why did you come here? Didn't they warn you?
He angrily clenched his teeth. How could they do this? The ones at the orphanage should've been keeping a close eye on her! Furious, Kai quietly stormed out the room and sat outside. His heart was aching; he knew what terror would befall all of them if Takeshi knew. Tyson... that boy can't keep his yap shut for three seconds, if he were to find out that he was her brother, then all hell would break lose.
"Takeshi... what made you come and look for me?"
"Hey, Kai." The hair stood up on the bladers neck. He turned and saw Takeshi standing in the doorway; her eyes were dull and half shut. She had obviously been having a hard time sleeping. The young blader walked over to Kai's side and sat beside him.
"What's with you?" He started asked, but was taken aback when Takeshi huddled against him under his arm.
"I had a nightmare..."
"..."
"It was about my brother."
"..." Kai remained silent as Takeshi explained her dream.
"Our grandfather tried to kill him, that bast... jerk."-he could feel her tears soak into his shirt, it made him want to cry-"He told me that I could never know who he was, less put everyone I've ever met in danger. I wanted to run to him, but I couldn't move. My brother was crying! And.. and..."
Kai looked down and saw that Takeshi had fallen asleep in her tears. He picked her up and tucked her safely into Tyson's bed.
"Takeshi... my sweet baby sister..."
__fin__

Iris: Short chapter, I know, but my entire family is getting the flu and I'm starting to get it and my brain is going nutz! Oh yeah.. ignore the italics at the bottom of the page.
vvvv-Ignore the line under me-vvvv
Misia- Back Blocks