Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of the Blade ❯ Epiphany ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Iris: OMG!!!! I live!

Kai: It's about time...

Max: Yeah, those death threats are kind of scary.

Iris: --;; What are you worrying about? Those threats are for me!

Kai: *dismissive grunt*

*~*OMG*~*

The next morning was the Tournament (you know, the one from the beginning of teh story XDXD). Everyone was excited, especially Takeshi. She found out it as another chance to find her brother. As the others made their way to the Tournament, Takeshi and Kai lagged behind, talking.
"So, Kai."
"Hn?"
"Your quiet... its annoying." Takeshi picked at her ear with her pinkie, "My big brother always talked, he told me stories, and sang songs."
"Do you remember anything about your brother?"
"Nothing big." Kai sighed. The girl's eye twitched.
"Oooh! Kai!! Are you going to help me find my big bwudda?!?!" She jumped on his back and pulled on his hair.
"Gr." Takeshi went on like this for the whole trip, yapping about playing out in the fields that made up their yard; about sleeping under the stars and eating watermelon. Tyson was amazed that Kai keeping his cool under all of Takeshi incessant talking. Although for a moment it seemed as if the sullen blader would throw Takeshi into a nearby wall, he was able to last all the way up to the stadium.
The crowd cheered and screamed, throwing phone numbers and various a personal bric-a-brac at the World Champion BladeBreakers. Mr. A shouted into his mike, introducing the BladeBreakers and their special guest, Takeshi. Girls in the audience who had at one time been crying 'Kai! Oh, Max! Rei, you're so cute! Awww, Tyson!' lapsed into a simultaneous chorus of Takeshi lullaby. Kai stepped back, shocked that they all knew the song that had been a bond shared between only him and his beloved sister. How could break such a trust by throwing their song out like a flyer? He was disgusted. They never saw him leave, however, ever so mixed up in the cheers and chants of their fans. Takeshi was the only one who felt the icy aura of Kai leaving the stadium. She turned around and went after him. What a fool, she thought, Running away from the spotlight as if he didn't enjoy it. A smirk stretched across her face. That little devil! He wanted someone to notice that he had gone missing, so that he could have the undivided attention of some poor defenseless little girl!
"Oooh! I'll give him such a pounding! What a pervert!"

*~*But It Took Her All Night To Find Him*~*

Certain that the tournament was long over, Takeshi angrily walked back to the dojo. She couldn't believe that she gave up her chance to find brother just to track down that jerk Kai! He's lucky I didn't find him!, she gnashed her teeth together, I would have mutilated him!
"What was it?" Takeshi jumped. Kai was leaning against a support beam outside the dojo, glaring up into the moon. He was crying!
"What was what?"
"What was it that made you break that bond between you and your brother?"
"Huh!?" She was appalled, "Wh-what do you know?"
"That song that they were singing back in the stadium."
"Yeah?"
"That's the lullaby your brother sang to you... before you were separated from him."
"That's right, but why do you care?" She attempted to walk to past him, but he caught her with his arm.
"What made you do that?"
"Listen, Kai, what I do is my business."
"But what would your brother think if he found out that you were masquerading around and handing out facts about him and ou-... your family?"
"You know? That little prissy attitude of your's is really pissing me off. What do you know about my brother?"
"..."
"That's right, nothing. Now let go of me, I'm going to bed."
"Takeshi." Kai grabbed her arm and she immediately slapped him.
"I didn't have my brother for almost a decade! You have no idea what kind of pain I have had to go through!" Kai glared at her then slapped her back.
"Takeshi Hiwatari! Don't you dare take that tone with me!"
"WHAT?!?!"
"You heard me! Your name is Takeshi Hiwatari and I am your brother!" Takeshi reeled back and shook her head.
"Tatakai no aida no-"
"Everyone knows that part-"
"-shizuka na machi ga-"
"-the radio station plays it all the time-"
"-tsuka no ma no nemuri ni ochite-iku-"
"-It's always request it-"
"-tooi hoshi no shita de yume miru kimi ni-"
"-Some say that you have to be stupid not to know it-"
"-inori wo kome MERODI- todoke you-"
"-Even I don't know the rest!"
"-koko e oide yo kanashii koto mo
namida mo boku ga daite ageru yo
subete no itami wo wasurerareru made
oyasumi oyasumi boku no kono mune de...
"

Takeshi convulsed and fell into his arms in tears. She cried out that she couldn't believe how someone so cold hearted could be her brother. Kai gently stroked her hair as they both went to their knees. He knew that he had changed to follow what their grandfather had said. ::If you value her life:: Voltaire's voice rang through Kai's ears as he broke into tears and buried his face in Takeshi's red hair ::You will take yourself out of it.::

"I've done a terrible thing, Takeshi..."

*~*Fin*~*
Iris: Yeah, quick epiphany for Takeshi, all the easier it'll be for me to finish this story. Bah.