Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of the Blade ❯ Bey-Battle ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"It always rains when people die."
"Yeah, like in movies. Someone always dies when it rains."
"...."
"...."
"I hate rain..." ~ALA me and a friend on the phone

****

The next few mornings were disturbingly quite, even Kai twitched at the silence. Takeshi laid in Tyson's bed, tears streaming down her face and onto the pillows and sheets. Her horrible past was coming back to her in shocks. Everything that had happened in that year (referring back to the flashback) alone was enough to keep her bed-ridden for the best part of the week.

"What's wrong with Takeshi?" Ray asked. Kai inhaled softly and grabbed Ray's arm. He took the shocked blader behind a wall where the others couldn't here. (insert vulgar comment from Tyson here.)

"Ray, you're the only one I truly trust and respect on this team. You must promise on your blade that you will not tell anyone what I'm about to tell you."

"... Uh, sure Kai. Nothing goes past these walls."

"Takeshi... she... she is my sister." Ray blinked and shook his head.

"Seriously?" Kai's growl reassured his statement. Takeshi was laying in bed, crying in a mixture of bliss and anguish from finding her brother. Kai explained everything that had happened to them.

"But..." he whispered, "But she's so upset and its been so long. I don't know what to do to make her feel better."

"Don't worry." Ray smiled and patted Kai's shoulder. Kai returned to practice with Tyson and Max while Ray went to try and cheer Takeshi up.

She lay curled in a ball on the bed, scooted as far away from the door as possible. Ray sat opposite from her on the bed and gently stroked her hair.

"What do you want?" She spat, moving a little further away.

"Kai told me."

"What!?" Takeshi sat up and glared wildly at Ray. Her hair was in disarray and her clothes wrinkled, "But why!?!?!"

"Takeshi, Kai loves you-"

"Then why didn't he come himself?"

"But he's not sure how to deal with you. He never got the chance to see you grow up, to see and know what you like. You have to give him a chance. Sure, he's a little drawn back, but you have to think about the things he's had to go through to protect you. He's given up you, his emotions, his very life. Just recently has he been able to learn how to interact with other people."

Takeshi pulled her legs up to her chest and buried her face into her knees. Ray shifted his weight and hugged her.

"I don't know him anymore, Ray. I don't know my own brother anymore!"

"You should take sometime to get reacquainted with him."

"How?" Ray pulled Takeshi out of bed, cleaned her up, and took her outside.

"I would like to announce that Takeshi has challenged Kai to a Beybattle!"

"What?" Takeshi and the others said.

"Trust me," Ray whispered, "This is the perfect way to get to know him."

"Uh."

"Well, let's get this party started!" Tyson laughed.

Kai and Takeshi stood opposite each other at the Bey-dish. Ray counted down and the two 'Let it rip!'. Taizer and Dranzer barely touched the first few minutes, each blade knowing when to dodge the other's attack. Takeshi was amazed at how she could dodge his moves and vice versa.

::This energy I'm sensing from Kai and his blade. Our blades are moving in harmony.:: Takeshi's eyes widen, ::There's no denying it now, Kai is my brother, without a doubt, but there is something missing...::

"Don't you dare hold back, Kai!"

"Hm, don't worry. Dranzer!"

"Taizer!" The Phoenix and Dragon rose from their blades and met in the air. Neither moved for a few seconds, shocked from seeing each other again, but soon the battle was truly under way. Dranzer pushed Taizer to very the edge of the dish, but the ground dragon caught itself on Dranzer's attack ring and and used the phoenix's spin to fling itself back into the middle of the dish. The calls and cries of Tyson, Max, Ray, and Kenny died away, leaving only Kai and Takeshi to themselves.

"They're happy to see each other, Takeshi."

"Nani?"

"Dranzer and Taizer, they are very happy to see each other."

"Considering how long it's been since they've been together."

The beybattle went on for another ten minutes before both blades were knocked back into their owner's hands. Tears streamed down Takeshi's face as she leapt over the beydish to hug her big brother.

"It is you!" she exclaimed as the two toppled to the ground, "You are my brother! There's no doubt about it anymore!"

"Say what?" Tyson said, befuddled.

"It's a long story." Ray started, then looking at the brother and sister sobbing in each other's arms, "But, let's save that for another time."

"Thank you, Ray!", Takeshi said as she and Kai sat up, "Thank you for snapping me out of my pity party."

Ray laughed and smiled, "No problem."

"Haha... uh... Takeshi!" Kai said as Takeshi turned her head away from Ray, "Are you blushing at him!?"

***

Iris: KIYAH!!!! XDXDXDXDXD I livezz!!!! Kooha!

Kai: *glare*

Iris: And now for some teasers for the final chapter!

Takeshi: WHAT?!?!? Already!?

Iris: Yeah. ^_^ Ish going to be taken from Kai's POV, btw.

1: 'There was one gunshot and I heard Takeshi scream.'
2: 'Takeshi was trying in vain to pull him away...'
3: '"Kai... are we ever going to be a family again?"'
4: It's going to rain.

Iris: OoOOOooOOOOoooOOoHHHHhhhHHHHhhH!!!! What is going to happen to Takeshi and the Bladebreakers?!?!?

Kai: You dolt! You still have like... 5 chapters before the last one!

Takeshi: Yeah!..... Give teasers to the upcoming chapter!

Kai: *facefaults* X.x;;

Iris: Hai!

1: 'You better watch her closely.'
2: A cliche shows up XDXD
3: And a kareoke reveals some (already known) feelings.