Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of the Blade ❯ Carnival Kareoke ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Ray/Raye/Rei's name will fluctuate through-out this chapter.

***

Takeshi sighed. It was nice to have her brother back, but also kind of bothersome. Ever since the cat was let out of the bag, Kai started sleeping next to her, in a protective sense (yeah, protective, you bunch of incest perverts). He laid right against her with both arms draped over her, one around her waist and the other carefully slipped beneath her chest. She played with his hand, but tried not to move too much. Any kind of motion woke Kai. It felt kind of violating to have his body pressed right against Takeshi's (kekeke), but she felt safe at the same time. And a little sweaty. Kai was breathing down her neck and it didn't help that he slept with all his day clothes on. The girl blader was thankful that he didn't wear his shoes to bed, she might die from the added padding.

::Good lord, brother!:: she screamed mentally ::Grampa was rich! He could have at least bought you something more comfortable!::

Takeshi sighed again and rolled over to face her brother. Kai snapped awake.

"What's wrong?" he whispered.

"Nothing, just a little restless.", she replied, burying her face into his chest. As the siblings settled back down, Kai slowly started to run his hand through Takeshi's hair. The gentle petting motion soon brought Takeshi down into a silent slumber. The night went along peacefully until Kai woke to Takeshi crying in her sleep again.

***

(the fair is in town, YAYE!!!! XDXD)

Takeshi woke up and stretched out. Kai was sitting on one side of the bed, fixing his clothes for the coming day. His sister prowled over behind him and pounced.

"Ohayou, Oniichan!" she called, surprising Kai.

"Don't do that!" he growled.

"Ow. Thour puthth." she got off the bed and got dressed, her back facing Kai. He was the same bitter Kai she met, but also the protective brother she grew up with. Takeshi walked out the den in a red v-neck shirt with the word 'BRAT' in flames and a pair of flares the unzipped from the bottom of the pant legs up to right underneath the large pockets, turning them into an odd pair of caprice. She smiled and basked in the morning sun before going over to the Beyblade dish where Max and Rei were already sparring.

"That's great Max! Keep on the defense!" Hillary cheered. Takeshi walked right past the battle and straight to Kenny. As she sat down, Dizzi piped up.

"Hey! The fair just came in! Why don't we take the day off and check it out?"

"That sound like fun!" Kenny said. Takeshi giggled and draped herself over him.

"Oh, Kenny! You're so cute when you agree with Dizzi-chan!" Kenny blushed wildly under his bushy brown hair as Takeshi pushed him further and further into her chest.

"Ah!" he finally cried, causing Takeshi to let go and back away, "Let's practice for a bit longer and we'll go down to the fair!"

"Yaye!"

***

The fair was alive with noise, people hustling around, children winning games, screaming on the rides, eating funnel cakes, and lugging around giant plushies. Takeshi and Max stared with stars in their eyes at the huge cuddly tiger plushies that passed by as Tyson wandered ever so closer to a vacant minded kid who wasn't watching his turkey leg. Hillary chased after the drooling Dragoon owner, Kenny following behind her, and Kai caught Takeshi's arm, halting her from drifting away with Raye and Max.

"Takeshi, don't get separated from me." he said sternly.

"Kai, I'm not a little kid anymore!" she whined, jerking her arm away from him. Max stood beside Kai and tried to reason with him, but before the stubborn brother could say anything, a crowd of teens broke between them. Rei grabbed Takeshi's arm and broke out into a dead run.

"Let's go!" he laughed. They kept going until they slipped behind a ticket booth. She giggled heartily as he pulled her close, "Kai's going to kill me!"

"Well, let's enjoy your last hours!" Takeshi pulled him over to the Renegade ride. They both watched in line as the two hammers swayed and flipped upside down. The young blader's eyes widen as the screams of the riders pierced the random conversation around them. She started to back away, second guessing herself, when Rei caught her.

"Hey, it's a dead man's last wish to spend the day with you. Are you backing out?"

"Ehhh..." she puffed her cheeks out "Of course not!... I just... couldn't... um-"

"Hey! We're next!" Ray pushed a stiff Takeshi up the stairs and forced her into a seat. She wailed and cried about wanting to get off, until Rei took her hand and whispered, "I won't let anything happen to you."

Rei wasn't sure if it she was blushing or if it was the blood rushing to her head, but Takeshi was as red as wine. Her grip tightened and loosened with every flip and sway of the ride and her screams drowned out the calls and cries of the other riders. He laughed as her hair gave whiplash to those around them and to herself. The ride came to a stop and even on their way out, Takeshi clung to Rei for dear life.

They dashed and darted around the fair for the rest of the day, nearly escaping Kai and Max like a true Bonnie and Clyde. Raye won Takeshi a dragon plushie while she won a tiger plushie for him. They shared funnel cake, coming very close to kissing each other when a piece was the same on either end. They told each stories about their childhood, about their beyblading strategies, about their favorite foods and other things like that. Towards the end of the day, it had been like they had known each other since their birthday, instead of just a few weeks. Rei noticed that Takeshi still held his hand even though they had not been on any rides for sometime. She now held it in her affection for him. He blushed and tugged on his hand, pulling her closer. The tired blader laid her head on his shoulder as they walked into a diner that just so happened to be holding a kareoke contest in honor of the fair.

~~

"Oh, cool!" Takeshi said, standing up. Raye was thrown off balance as the now awake little girl dragged him to a table nearby, "This'll be so romantic!"

Ray blushed again, rising from his chair to talk to the DJ. The DJ nodded and scribbled something down. As Ray went back to their table, Takeshi left to also talk to the DJ. She returned to the table with a not so happy look across her pale face. They order some food to tide them over before their turn. Ray watched Takeshi's soft azure eyes dart around the diner, working so hard not to make any contact with Ray's mahogany eyes. It was obvious as they sipped their Sprites and nibbled at their onion rings that they had the same idea in their mind.

"Next up is Rei Kon!", Rei walked up onto the stage with microphone in hand. A slow, pop tune started up as his soft, mature voice flowed off the stage and into the audience.

Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
and there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
I know that it might sound more than
a little crazy but I believe

(the lights dim, leaving only three different colored ones shining down on him)

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

There's just no rhyme or reason
only this sense of completion
and in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I found my way home
I know that it might sound more than
a little crazy but I believe

(the lights spread out and make a disco-ball effect around Ray)

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

A thousand angels dance around you
I am complete now that I found you

(Rei walks down to their table, much to the disappointment of other girls and pulls Takeshi to her feet.)

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life...

His voice faded off with the song. Takeshi's eyes brimmed with tears as the DJ called her up on stage. Men began to harmonize in the back alongside a flute. The girl blader's voice washed over the audience in a mixture and love and lost.

There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea.
You became the light on the dark side of me.
Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill.
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and
The light that you shine can be seen.

Baby,
I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grave.
Ooh,
The more I get of you,
Stranger it feels, yeah.
And now that your rose is in bloom.
A light hits the gloom on the grave.

(the lights dim, leaving one on her, trailing her around as she walked)

There is so much a girl can tell you,
So much she can say.
You remain,
My power, my pleasure, my pain, baby (Takeshi throws her head back and the lights flash on quickly, then return to the single light)
To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny.
Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby?
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.

Baby,
I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grave.
Ooh, the more I get of you
Stranger it feels, yeah
Now that your rose is in bloom.
A light hits the gloom on the grave,

(the light turn different shades of rosey pink and dance around her)

I've been kissed by a rose on the grave,
I've been kissed by a rose
I've been kissed by a rose on the grave,
...And if I should fall along the way
I've been kissed by a rose
...been kissed by a rose on the grave.

There is so much a girl can tell you,
So much she can say.
You remain
My power, my pleasure, my pain.
To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny, yeah
Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby.
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.

Baby,
I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grave.
Ooh, the more I get of you
Stranger it feels, yeah
Now that your rose is in bloom,
A light hits the gloom on the grave.

Yes I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grave
Ooh, the more I get of you
Stranger it feels, yeah
And now that your rose is in bloom
A light hits the gloom on the grave
Now that your rose is in bloom,
A light hits the gloom on the grave.

The audience applauded as the light dimmed out. Takeshi ran right past Rei's open arms and out the diner. He followed in concern.

"Takeshi-chan?" She was huddled to the ground, crying.

"What would Kai said if he had seen everything that's happened today?"

"Takeshi..." Ray dropped to his knees and held her close, "It doesn't matter what he thinks, this is about you and me."

She backed away to look up him. The sun had set long ago, leaving the moonlight to sparkle in his raven hair and in her blue eyes (A/N Rei's back is facing the moon.). There was a certain mournful air around the two. Time stood still as Ray pulled her ever so closer... closer... closer...

"Ray-san..." Takeshi whispered as he placed a hand on her cheek and their lips came e'er so close to touching, "I..."

"Ya'll won!" The DJ burst out of the diner, scaring Takeshi and Rei out of each other's arms, "Come on in and sing ya'll's victory song!"

"Victory song?"

--

Ray and Takeshi walked onstage, hand-in-hand. As the song started up, Ray playfully twirled Takeshi into his embrace.

"Oh!" Takeshi gasped, "I recognized this song!"

(Rei)I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?
I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride
A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

(Takeshi)A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
that now I'm in a whole new world with you

(Raye)Now I'm in a whole new world with you
(Takeshi)Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky

(Takeshi)A whole new world
(Ray)Don't you dare close your eyes
(Takeshi)A hundred thousand things to see
(Rei)Hold your breath - it gets better
(Takeshi)I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be

(Raye)A whole new world
(Takeshi)Every turn a surprise
(Ray)With new horizons to pursue
(Takeshi)Every moment RED LETTER
(Both)I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

(Rei)A whole new world
(Takeshi)A whole new world
(Raye)That's where we'll be
(Takeshi)That's where we'll be
(Ray)A thrilling chase
(Takeshi)A wondrous place
(Both)For you and me

They danced together as the song played and ended in each others arms. Takeshi smiled and nuzzled his neck, "I... I love you, Rei-san."

"I love you too, Takeshi-kun."

***

Takeshi and Raye sneaked up to the entrance of the dojo. Rei held her close (eh, again X.x~t3h author) and closed his eyes. Takeshi turned red and did like-wise. Before the two lovers met, the door behind the was thrown open. Standing in the door way was a fuming Kai. He grabbed Rei by the shoulder, digging his nails into the scared Chinese boy's skin.

"I am ashamed!" he snarled, "Both of you!"

"Ooh! Kai!" Takeshi barked, "Why don't YOU LET ME GROW UP!?!?!? I don't need you anymore!"

Takeshi's anger stunned her brother, sending a moment of silence through him. The sweet sister who tried to get them back together in their youth was shouting that she no longer wanted to be near him. Kai let go of Ray's arm and silently went back to bed.

"Oh-no! Kai!"

***

Iris: This chapter is dedicated to Nikki, a faithful friend and fan.... can you unchain me now?

Nikki: No! Keep typing!

Iris: *cries*