Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of the Blade ❯ Etoranze ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Iris: *fluffs the fur boas wrapped around Kai and Rei* ^_^

Nikki: *points* Why are they in fluff and how did you get out of your chains?

Iris: Didn't you see the summary? This chappy has ReKa fluff! ^_^v (not much of it though)

(Name dropping! Check out 'Return to My Heart' by Locofangirl146 (Nikki: That's me!))

***
"Oh-no! Kai!" Takeshi went after her brother in vain.

"If you didn't want me as your brother, why did you come back?"

"Kai!" she exhaled sharply, in a scoffing manner, "I didn't say I didn't want you as my brother.. listen to me!"

"Then what?!"

"You're overreacting!"

"Then what was that 'I don't need you anymore' nonsense?"

"I don't know. I just... just..." She didn't know what to say. It had been so long since she had had anyone take care of her for more than a few days that she had become used to being on her own. She looked deep into his misty storm-cloud colored eyes, searching for an answer that wasn't there. An answer that hadn't been there for years. He snorted and turned his back to her.

"Go to bed, Takeshi." he spat.

"Kai."

"You should go to bed, Takeshi-chan." Kai twitched as his sister's name rolled off Rei's tongue, it sickened him suddenly. Takeshi spun on her heel and rushed away from the den, tears flooding down her face. Did he really say that? The words didn't hurt, however, it was his tone. That tone reminded her of their grandfather and stuck to her mind. She tumbled to her knees and further down into fetal position. Rei was right behind her, softly stroking her back.

"Takeshi-chan."

Almost an hour and a half past before someone came down the hallway. It was Kai. His face was soaked in his own tears, the painted scars on his face had begun to run. He dropped to a kneeling position before Rei, never saying a word.

"I'm sorry-"

"Sh." Kai said, his own hand joining Rei's on his sister's back, "You'll wake her."

"Kai, I'm sorry for taking Takeshi away. This should've been a day for you two."

"Thanks, Rei."

"Eh?"

"Thanks for showing Takeshi the kindness I could never show."

"I'm sure you could show it again..." Rei said, leaning forward in an attempt to stay awake. The older teen shifted his weight so that the Chinese boy landed on his shoulder. The younger one took his hand off Takeshi's back and placed it on Kai's waist. Kai moved himself and Takeshi around so that she laid on her side, he laid on her hip, and Rei laid alongside Kai, his head laying on Takeshi's stomach. The young girl whimpered and woke. She blinked a few times and whined for a moment before Kai and Rei pulled her to rest between them. Takeshi smiled as she felt their arms wrap around, pulling their little group together.

***

The next morning, Takeshi woke to find herself curled in a ball in a futon in the den. The others were outside practicing. She crawled out of bed and went to watch.

"Go Driger!"

"Go Draciel!" The still half asleep blader slid up beside Kenny. Chief was spooked by the red haired white worm that laid beside him, but calmed as he figured out that it was only Takeshi, "Heavy Viper Wall!"

"That's it Max!" Hillary cheered on the other side of Kenny, "Don't let your guard down, Rei! Oh! Good morning, Takeshi!"

"Guh morn, Hiliree..." Takeshi mumbled, pulling the blanket over her eyes, "Summun turn off da sun, peas..."

***

"Gomen nasai, Kainii-san." Takeshi followed her brother out into the street, far beyond earshot of their friends, "I was just letting off some badly timed steam."

"Takeshi." Kai started, his voice the same somber tone through out, "What makes you happy?"

"Being with you... and... Rei." She hesitated that last part, fearing another ear full.

"Is Rei kind to you?"

"Yes.. but! You are too!" Kai leaned against the outer wall surrounding the dojo, chuckling softly to himself.

"Me? Kind?" He laughed, but abruptly stopped, "No. I'm not kind. I haven't been kind in so many years. That feeling is foreign to me."

"Big brother."

"Listen carefully, Takeshi." Kai placed his hands on her shoulder and stared her straight in the eye. Takeshi flinched a just small bit, but enough to cause Kai's voice to drop to a more sad and longing tone instead of firm and strong, "I can never again be the brother I once was. I'm sorry for that, but in return I want you to spend more time with Rei."

"Big brother!" Takeshi protested.

"No." Kai shook his head and turned his back to her, "I'm not cut out to be your big brother anymore. There's nothing I can do to change that."

Takeshi stood staring at her brother's back, his words ringing through her mind and shattering the happy thoughts she once had. The smiling, cheerful, and handsome boy she grew up with had become a harden man with only a scowl to wake up to in the morning. It had finally happened to her... she had lost everything.

"Kai." she said, "Kai... would never give up like that!"

"I'm not giving up! I'm trying to do what's best for you!"

"What's best for me?! For almost eight years, Grampa Voltaire told you what was best for us! You have no idea what's best for yourself let alone me!"

"Takeshi." he scowled, reaching out to grab her arm.

"Don't touch me! I don't know you!"

"Ta..."

"I don't have a brother anymore, he died in my Grandfather's abbey a long time ago." Kai was shocked by Takeshi's words, "I'm an orphan beyblader with no family and no friends!"

"Takeshi Hiwatari!"

"Shut up!" she hissed, "I forgot my last name the day I was left at the Orphanage. I don't have anything left to lose anymore. Just me and Taizer. Sometimes, I wish it wasn't this way. I wish that my family was still here, that the rain hadn't come down that day, that they hadn't gone out... but it all happened."

"..." Takeshi convulsed and fell into a fetal position, memories flooding her mind and numbing her senses.

"Kai said.." she whispered in a 5 year old's voice, "Kai said that everything would be okay in the morning, but nothing was okay. Mommy, Daddy, and Kai all died. There's no one left for me and Taizer. We didn't wake up to Kai laughing at me for drooling in my sleep, to Mommy and Daddy talking about the news. We woke up to strange faces, a strange place, a strange new life. A life where I don't need anybody."

"You gave up on me." Takeshi's voice matured as she stood and glared at Kai with tears streaming down her face, "You gave up on any chance for us to be a family again. Now there's nothing for me and Taizer but to lay down somewhere and DIE!"

The red head spun furiously around and sprinted down the street. Tyson and the others ran out after her, stunned to find that Kai did follow.

"Kai!" Hillary shouted, "Why aren't you going after her?"

"Why should I?"

"Because she's-"

"Etoranze."

"Nani!?!?" they all cried.

"That's all she is... etoranze... that's all she's been..."

***

Iris: Plot twisty.

Nikki: (Go read Locofangirl146's 'Return to My Heart') Did you plan that?

Iris: Nope, it even caught me this time.

Nikki: It's upsetting.