Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of the Blade ❯ Start Over ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"That's all she is... etoranze... that's all she's been..."

"How could he say that?" Tyson growled. Kai had wandered away from the dojo, in the opposite direction that Takeshi went, "That's his sister!"

"Kai's changed a lot, and Takeshi hasn't changed at all." Hillary said, "She expected to come in here and find Kai with his arms opened wide and a smile across his face!"

"Yeah!" Max agreed, "Not some mean teen who has mood swings!"

"Whatever!" Tyson snorted, "We need to find them and get them back together."

***

Takeshi stood at the pier and stared mournfully at her blade.

"What do I do now, Taizer?" she murmured, "There's nothing left for us."

The ocean waves splashed against the pillars and rocks surrounding her as she listened to Taizer's silent reply.

"I'm sure Dranzer would take you back. Lucky you, huh?"

It was strange, to talk to a bitbeast for comfort. It was the only person Takeshi could talk to now. She felt alone, betrayed, her whole world had been smashed to pieces. It was washing away with the tide to burn into the sun that was pulling the ocean over its self. A blanket, as it was, soft and comforting with the wind blowing gentle ripples across it. A lonely tear dripped of Takeshi's face as she looked down at herself in the water. The tear broke the calm mirror below her, distorting her image of herself to what it was now, a shattered shame of a blader. Her legs gave way beneath her and she cried miserably into her hands and knees. Taizer fell dangerously close to the edge of the pier before Takeshi snatched her up and briskly walked away.

"I have no life left as Takeshi. I have to start over..."

Start over...

Start over...


***

Kai sat on the edge of the top of the tallest building in the city, watching the sun shine its last rays through other skyscrapers and houses. He could feel the tears brim at his eyes and race down his cheeks. He wasn't the Kai Takeshi grew up with. He knew that, he always knew that. Since the day Voltaire separated them, he knew that.... So.

"Why am I so upset?"... Kai... would never give up like that! You have no idea what's best for yourself let alone me! I don't know you! Now there's nothing for me and Taizer but to lay down somewhere and DIE!

He shook his head as the sun disappeared beneath the pavement. The only lights left in the city were the night clubs, streets lights, cars, the over-achievers burning the midnight oil in their offices, and the occasional flashlight. Over in the country was the soothing light of families, gathering together for supper, or to prepare the children for bed. Memories wafted out of these house with the smells of bread and chicken and the sounds of children laughing. The memories washed over his mind, swarming him with lost playdates with neighbors, protecting Takeshi from bullies at the playground, teasing her for waking up too late and missing out on breakfast. He missed those days, like anyone would. But missing them... it was so weird. He never had to worry about those feelings before Takeshi found him. Now that he was... he felt alive. Alive with a new strength and new hope.

"I'm sorry Takeshi..." he whispered again, "I want... I want to be your brother again. Please..."

He stood up and clenched his fist at his waist.

"I want to start over!"

Start over...

Start over...

***

Tyson and co. had searched everywhere by nightfall and hadn't came across either siblings. Rei was very worried and was beginning to think it was all his fault.

"If Takeshi had stayed with Kai, they would've gotten the chance to catch-up. But instead she spent all that time with me."

"Rei, it's not your fault." Max patted Rei on the back, "Takeshi made that choice herself, you just happened to be part of it."

Rei sighed heavily and went to bed.

***

Iris: Short Chapter... yeah...

Nikki: Name drop! Read 'Return to My Heart' by locofangirl146!

Iris: >>