Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of the Blade ❯ Losing Love ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"You're.. you're not Takeshi!" Rei shouted, pulling out Driger, "She would never turn her back to her brother!"

"Hn. You think you know me?" she said, her voice showing no hints of playfulness, "You know nothing!"

Driger and Dark Taizer's battle was heated by both bladers' want to prove a point. Rei wanted to beat this new bitbeast and save Takeshi, while the vice could be said of her. Takeshi wanted Driger, no matter who got hurt. D_Taizer slammed into Driger, driving the tiger into the sidewalk. The dark dragon wrapped its tail around the tiger neck, suffocating it until the blade stopped moving. Dark Taizer pulled Driger into its blade. Driger's previous home split in two horizontally, "You. Know. Nothing."

Rei watched Takeshi turn on her heel and race off. He couldn't believe what had just happened between the three of them.

"Takeshi-chan... Oh! Kai!" He turned in time to see Kai rise to his feet. There was a familiar scowl across his face, "Kai?"

"..." the temperature seemed to drop as Kai hustled past Rei.

***

Iris: And just to avoid repetition, Takeshi also defeats Max and Tyson.

***

"How could you do this?" Max cried.

"Don't try to reason with her!" Tyson growled, lunging for her. Takeshi smirked, kicking the enraged boy in his side and sending him into the wall. Kenny sat behind Max, terrified by Takeshi's change. Max gathered the shattered pieces of his blade and held them to Takeshi's face.

"Why?" he whimpered, tears streaming down his face, "Why would you do this to us?"

Takeshi's face softened. Max had the same look that she had not so long ago. Sad and terrified of the changes around her. She reached out to hug him when she remembered that she had to change to get her family back together, even if it meant having to leave her friends behind. Takeshi stiffened, snatched the young blonde by his shoulders, and threw him to the ground. Max cried out as the bits of his blade scattered across the floor.

"Grow up, Max." she growled before leaving, "No one is going to look after you if you keep up this baby act. Look at me. Everyone changed around me and I never did. Now there's nothing for me."

"That's not true." Takeshi glared at Rei as he blocked her only exit, "Sure Kai changed, but he still loves you. And I love you, Takeshi. We all care about you. If that wasn't true, then Tyson would have never tried to help you find Kai, and none of us would have met you."

"If Kai loves me... then where is he?"

"I don't know."

"Hm, yeah. That's love for you." Takeshi pushed Rei out of her way and continued on her way back to her grandfather.

"Takeshi, wait."

"What?!"

"Please don't do this." Rei walked up and hugged her from behind, "Even with our bitbeasts, your grandfather can never bring your parents back." He gently nuzzled her hair and kissed her neck, "You just have to accept that things happen, whether you want them to or not."

"Rei." Takeshi clenched her fist, whirled around, and punched Rei in the stomach, "You bastard! Grampa Voltaire will bring my parents back! Everything will be the way it used to be! I can have my family back and everything will be normal..."

She glared at Rei's writhing figure, tears forming in her eyes. It hurt for her to see him in so much pain, physically and emotionally, but her family meant more to her. She knealt down before him and lifted his face. He looked at her with a mixture of anger, shock, and despair.

"I'm... sorry..."

"No... I am... for ever loving you...." (*)

"I deserved that. Good-bye... Rei." She stood and walked off.

***

Iris: ;o; *cries* I made myself sad!!! Again!

(*)(Rei's original line was 'No, you're not.')

Iris: As I finish this chapter, A Whole New World is playing on my comp. ;o;