Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Sister of the Blade ❯ ...In the Morning ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It was like running through a dark and endless hallway, searching for Kai, that is. I had no leads and, at some point, I didn't even remember his name. When I came close to giving up, I saw a light at the end of that hallway. For a moment, I thought I was dead, but it was him. It was Kai... and Rei... and... everyone else I had met...

"She passed out."

"When?"

But I turned away from that light because it was different. I didn't want to change... so I changed...

"Right when our bitbeast gathered their energy."

It was horrible to see everyone in so much pain because of my selfishness. Kai, Rei, Max, Tyson, Taizer, Dranzer, Draciel, and Dragoon... they were all suffering because of me. I realized that night that it was time for me to accept what had happened and get on with the new life God had brought me. My new life with my new Kai and my new friends.

"Takeshi? Takeshi, can you hear me?"

The only question was...

"Takeshi... please get up..."

Would they accept me? Would they want to take back someone who betrayed them after so easily earning their trust? That would be foolish. I am a liability now, they'll probably think that I would try a stunt like that again the moment the wind blew the other direction.

"Don't go Takeshi..."

***

Takeshi opened her eyes and looked around the room. It was Tyson's, but there was no one around. She tried to sit up and found that she had no strength. She started to break down when the door was opened.

"Takeshi?"

"Kai!" she cried. Kai gave a heavy sigh of relief and went to her bedside.

"You really scared us, fainting like that."

"Where's Rei?"

"Right here, Takeshi-chan."

"Oh, Rei!" Rei came over to her and helped her sit up.

"You feeling any better?"

"... Kinda. What about everyone else?"

"We're all okay." Kai said, holding up Dranzer's blade. The red phoenix looked as if he was trying to hide an obvious smile. Tyson and Max walked in together. The happy blonde jumped on the bed and hugged Takeshi. She buried her face in his wild golden hair, laughing and crying all at once.

"I've found my family..."
***

Life is just a dream.....

Iris: Now that that climatic moment is over, onwards towards the real ending.