Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Chosen ❯ Prologue: The Mystery Blader ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Chosen

Prologue: The Mystery Blader

Author: Kameko-chan

Warnings: Yaoi.

Pairings: Kai/Ray and Tala/OC in future chapters

Notes: The OC is NOT the main character, Kai is. Just in case you're not particularly fond of OC's.

-------------------------

Kai wound his way through the crowd of amateur bladers. `Hm,' he thought, looking around at the kids, `no one worth challenging. Looks like they're having fun, though…' Kai immediately banished that thought. Lots of strange thoughts like that had been creeping in to his brain lately, and he didn't know why. He hadn't thought about blading being fun since… `No,' he scolded himself, `don't think about it. You need to keep your cool.'

The sullen 18 year old decided to head back to the house he shared with Tyson, Max, Ray, Kenny and Tala when a dirty, scruffy-looking thing stepped in front of him. Kai glared at the girl who dared block his path. "Excuse me."

The girl glared right back. "You are not excused, Kai Hiwatari." She took a step towards him. "I need to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk." Kai tried to go around the girl, but she moved to block him. "Get out of my way!" he yelled, getting frustrated.

The girl pulled a Beyblade from the pocket of her ragged coat. "Then I challenge you, Kai Hiwatari. If I win, you'll talk to me. If you win, I'll leave you alone."

Kai sighed in exasperation. "Fine, then. Let's get this over with."

The two squared off at a nearby stadium. Kai had his classic smirk on his face, totally confident about the outcome of this match.

The unknown girl pulled out an aquamarine blade, a similar smirk also gracing her features. "Just like old times, huh?"

Kai's eyes widened. "What?"

"3, 2, 1, LET IT RIP!"

Kai had no time to ponder the girl's comment. He released Dranzer, and decided to get the match over with quickly. He went with an all-out attack at the blade.

And simply bounced off.

The girl smirked. "My, my, someone hasn't been practicing." She looked almost bored. "Let's get this over with. SHEN-LONG! ATTACK!!"

Kai's eyes widened once more as he watched the blue, Chinese water dragon rise from the girl's blade. `I know that bit beast…' he thought, catching Dranzer instinctively as it flew by his face. `But it can't be… can it?'

The girl grinned triumphantly before collapsing, her energy completely spent. Kai rushed over to her side and grabbed her hand. "Elaina?? Elaina, is that you?"

Elaina peered at him through her lavender bangs, brown eyes nearly closed. "Hey, bro. Long time, no see."