Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Chosen ❯ Chapter Nine: Mutual Feelings ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Chosen


Chapter Nine: Mutual Feelings


Author: Kameko-chan


Warnings: Yaoi. Swearing.


Pairings: Kai/Ray, Tala/OC, hints of Max/Tyson

Notes: Uh, hi guys, it's been awhile... Sorry I've taken so long to get this chapter out!! I made it a bit longer, with some Kai/Ray goodness. Not a whole lot in the place of plot advancement, it's rather a lot of fluff. However, it ties up some bothersome loose ends so I can get the plot moving a bit more quickly.

//...// = thought-speak

~~~~~ = flashback

--------------------------------------

Kenny awoke to a throbbing headache and a rather hazy memory of the previous day's events. Also, he noticed rather quickly that he was in a bed, in a sparsely decorated room, presumably in a house or other building. One would think that this would be a normal thing to see upon waking, if it weren't for the fact that he had NO idea how he'd gotten there.

"Let's see," Kenny said aloud to himself, inner monologue not being quite up to snuff due to the pounding in his brain. "I remember having an involved discussion about economics with that shopkeeper, and then those two weird people showed up... then nothing." He wrinkled his nose. "There MUST be an explanation."

"You were drugged, silly," a familiar digitized voice stated. "It must have been pretty heavily, too, you've been sleeping for hours."

Kenny finally noticed his laptop sitting on the bedside table. "Dizzi!!!" He glomped the precious machine. "Are you okay? Do you know where we are?"

"In a room, presumably in a house or other..."

Kenny rolled his eyes. "I got that, can you be a little more specific?"

"Well, the two weirdos who drugged you are working for Mr Dickenson."

"Oh, good." Kenny sighed in relief. "We're safe, then."

"Exactly. I think."

"You THINK?" Kenny frowned and closed the laptop. "Really encouraging, Dizzi."

***

When Kenny's head had finally cleared enough to allow him to stand, he made his way into the hall. Hearing a high-pitched giggle that could only belong to Max, he headed towards what he soon discovered to be the kitchen. Greeting the scene before him, he wondered if perhaps it would have been better to stay in bed.

It appeared that Max's laughter had been caused by Tyson, who was tickling him with a fern that had apparently been snitched from the vase on the table. He was staring at Max intently, a look of utmost concentration on his face. Joel (who's name Kenny did not yet know) was watching the spectacle with obvious amusement. Across the table from those three were Ray and Kai, who were sitting a great deal closer together than they normally did. Both were blushing furiously and staring decidedly at their plates. Behind them, Elaina was pacing nervously back and forth across the small room. Every few moments she'd glance at the door, then mutter things under her breath.

Maybe it was the after-effects of the drugs, or maybe it was the result of living with Tyson. Either way, rather than turning around and marching back to his room like a sane person, he simply walked up to the coffee pot on the counter and poured himself a cup. Then he took a seat between Adri and Hannah, as they seemed the only normal people in the room at that moment, grabbed the newspaper (or what was left of it; Max and Tyson had been attempting to make paper hats earlier) and proceeded to read.

The room was silent for a few minutes, until-

"KENNY!!!!!" Kenny found himself being glomped by both Tyson and Max.

"Are you okay, Chief?" Tyson asked.

"Other than a headache," Kenny said, flushing slightly in embarrassment at being glomped. "Nothing a cup of coffee won't fix, I'm sure."

"Oh yeah, sorry about the drugging and all!" Joel called out cheerfully from his seat at the table. "Had to keep you quiet somehow, you were being kind of loud. Hard to be stealthy with someone screeching `rape!' at the top of their lungs."

Tyson raised an eyebrow. "Rape?"

Kenny shrugged. "First thing that came to mind."

"Fair enough."

Tyson then took the liberty of introducing Kenny to Joel and Adri, then getting caught up in the moment proceeded to introduce everyone to everyone else, ending with him introducing himself to... himself.

Tyson is a bit strange. We've established this.

At any rate, Kenny took a look around the room, and noticed that something was missing. Something important.

Ah. There was a distinct lack of red hair.

"Guys, where'd Tala go?"

Max looked around. "That's a very good question."

"We need to thin out our numbers," Tyson said sagely, "it's getting hard to keep track of people."

Kenny turned to Elaina. "Why didn't you say anything?"

Elaina glared. "What did you THINK I was so pissed off about??"

"Uhhh..."

"Speaking of missing people," Joel piped in, hoping to avoid a bitchy female explosion (he knew far too well what those were like), "where did Ray and Kai wander off to?"

The remaining group cast a glance at the now empty chairs where Ray and Kai had been only a few moments before.

"They've gone to screw each other silly," Hannah said absently. Looking up with a smirk at the room of astonished faces, she added "Or perhaps they just wanted to escape this nuthouse. Either way, is it any of our fucking business?" Lavender eyes glared defiantly. "I don't think so. They're big boys, they can take care of themselves. Tala too," she cast a look in Elaina's direction. "Now shut the fuck up, I've got a lot of catching up to do-the world's changed a bit since I was locked away in that pit." And with that, she pulled out a laptop (where she got it from is a mystery-probably nicked it earlier that morning) and started browsing.

Everyone went back to their previous activities.

"Ty-SONNNN!!!" Giggle, giggle. "Stop with the tickling already!!"

***

Kai's mouth felt wonderfully warm. All of him felt deliciously warm, actually, but his mouth especially. This was strange, as it was a rather cold day out in the mountain village.

At least, it would've been strange, had it not been for the fact that Kai currently had Ray pressed against a tree and was proceeding to ravage the younger teen's mouth. Both boys, however, being slightly dazed by the events, were barely able to process the fact that the object of their affections reciprocated, and was now kissing/being kissed by them. Which is really a shame, since I'm sure the experience would've been all the more heightened had their brains been able to handle that bit of info.

Although, judging by the way Ray was gripping the back of Kai's shirt and moaning into his mouth, and how Kai had Ray's hair clenched so tight in his hands it was surprising that he didn't rip it out, perhaps the sensation was more than enough to deal with at that moment.

Ah, I bet you're all wondering how this delightful little scene came about? After all, last you saw, they were all snuggled together in a rather platonic way. Let's take a stroll to earlier that morning, hm?

~~~~~~~

Ray woke, at first not quite realizing where he was. After the usual morning brain-fog had cleared, he remembered his breakdown the previous night. Nervously, he looked at the still-sleeping boy holding him. Kai was smiling slightly, he looked as though he was having a good dream. Ray blushed as he shifted slightly and felt something hard press against his side. A VERY good dream, if that was any indication.

Ray heard Kai say something. `He talks in his sleep,' he thought, smiling. `Cute.' He leaned in closer to hear what the other boy was saying...

"Ray..." escaped the youth's pale lips, barely a whisper.

Ray's eyes went wide. He couldn't... could he?

How could he be sure?

An idea striking him, Ray probed the mind link between them. //Kai? It's Ray, I've got a question... do you love me?//

//'Course I love you, silly boy,// Kai sent back, apparently still caught in his dream and showing no signs of waking.

//Do you love me like a friend, or do you love me like a lover?//

Kai's grin got wider, but his eyes remained closed. //Both.//

Ray blushed, hardly believing what he was hearing... er, sensing... whatever. He smiled mischievously. //Do you think I'm sexy?//

Kai opened his eyes and grinned seductively at Ray. "Beyond sexy, actually."

Ray let out a small `eep' of surprise as Kai leaned up and gave him a kiss. When Kai's mouth left his, Ray smiled like a loon and wrapped his arms around Kai. "Oh. Well, the feeling's mutual."

Kai smiled again. His closest friend, the boy he'd been in love with for years, loved him back. What a wonderful feeling.

And so, they proceeded to make out like mad until they were called for breakfast.

~~~~~~~~

Now, in the midst of the post-breakfast make out fest I was describing earlier, Ray heard a noise a bit further off into the woods. //Kai,// he sent, mouth being a little pre-occupied at the moment, //do you hear that?//

Reluctantly, Kai pulled away and listened. He could hear ragged breathing, and a then a hacking cough, just behind them. Ray looked at him worriedly, golden orbs questioning him.

Kai gripped Ray's hand and the two walked towards the source of the sound.

In a clearing a few yards away, they found Tala kneeling on the ground, soaked to the skin, shivering and hacking up a storm, his face covered in tiny cuts. Clutched in his hand was Wolfborg.

----------------------------

Kameko: Whee, I finally finished another chapter!

Itazura: Took you bloody long enough.

Kameko: Shush, you. Now, awhile ago, someone asked about the Chosen of Order and Chaos. You see, I got the elements from a game called `Lords of Magic'. The game has Earth, Air, Water, Fire, Death, Life, Order, and Chaos (I actually added light and dark to make it ten). It's also where I got the opposites thing from, they put a lot of stress on opposite element alignments in the game. Anyways, I really wanted to include Order and Chaos in the fic, because they've always intrigued me. I mean, when you think of elements, you'd never think of those two, would you? But they're incredibly interesting... you'd have to read up about them in the game manual to get a good idea, but trust me, they rock. That's why they're there... the quirks of the Chaos element will be revealed later (dun, dun, duuuuuun) and I think you've already got an idea of what Order is like. If you're a fan of the game, read up on Chaos and see if you can figure out what I'm going to do with Joel *evil grin*

Itazura: You done?

Kameko: Yep.

Itazura: Good. Now get started on cleaning your room before your dad gets home.

Kameko: ...damn. *waves* I must be going! Please review! And thanks once again to all those who've reviewed already ^_^ I promise not to take so long for the next chapter!

Itazura: Yeah, right.

Kameko: I said shush!