Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Spaniard’s Secret Girlfriend ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Spaniard’s Secret Girlfriend

Summary: Sara "Saitori" Lopez learns that Miguel just might have a girlfriend and she's livid! She saw him first, and is much hotter than the pink haired tart, Matilda. But then she learns the hard way that Matilda isn’t his girlfriend...

Pairings: Miguel/Kai

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Sara "Saitori" Lopez. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not based on anyone else’s character design, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warnings: Kai is a girl in this story. A bit of swearing involved by the OC and Kai with one word near the end. The use and introduction of a female Original Character. Any fans of OCs and OC pairings should leave now. Anti-OC pairings and blatant bashing of my own character. I created her; I can do what I want with her. And I plan to.

AN: Hello everyone. Another quick update before I dash off the work. Working shift hours can be quite a pain. Plus, my computer is screwing up and pissing me off. Never mind. Here is chapter 2, in which we see Miguel and his reaction to Saitori, which is nothing like you would see in a Mary-Sue fic, I can tell you.

No small rant today, which I guess is fortunate for you guys, isn’t it? I just hope you enjoy this chapter enough to leave a review (comments, threats or rants are all welcomed as well) and thank you so much to everyone who read, reviewed and faved this story. I appreciate it very much, you really have no idea how much. Thank you and enjoy!

-

Saitori had better things to do than to stand here under the blazing hot sun, speaking with a strange but severely arrogant and annoying tourist, but damn, was she just pissing her off!

“You’re Saitori?” the girl with blue face paint asked before she smirked. “How interesting.”

Saitori reeled her head back in a state of shock before she pouted; miffed that she was being smirked at in a clearly jeering sort of way. “What do you mean by that?” she demanded. She would never ask anyone for something, she would demand it. Being nice never got you anywhere in life.

“How do you spell your name?” the girl asked, folding her arms over her stomach as she pointed a hip out just a little, forcing her to bend her knee as she gave her a look of utter bemusement.

Saitori found the question strange, as if she was being mocked in some way. She didn’t like it and she didn’t like this stupid brat in front of her. “Excuse me?”

“Just answer the question,” the girl snapped back, contempt on her face. “Or don’t you know how?”

“Of course I know how to spell my own name,” Saitori replied through gritted teeth, feeling utterly and totally enraged. No one ever speaks so patronizing to her and gets away with it, no one. “It’s spelt Sai and then tori. You must be a complete airhead not to realize that.”

The girl simply laughed a little and shook her head, her stormy gray tresses swaying in front of her eyes that still held a sense of patronizing amusement. “You have no idea what it means, do you?”

Saitori bristled dangerously. “Excuse me?”

“You’re hardly a threat,” she said suddenly before she walked past her, but as she did, she paused and suddenly grabbed her harshly by the shoulder, squeezing it tightly in a vice like grip. The grip was so tight that Saitori involuntarily winced, convinced that she could hear the bones of her shoulder joint and collar bone creak under the pressure.

What the hell did she think she was doing, touching her like this?!

“But I suggest you stay away from him,” she whispered under her breath, loud enough so only Saitori herself could hear. “For if you don’t, I won’t hesitate to drown you in an half inch puddle of water.”

Her voice, it was low, steady and very dangerous, each sayable dripping with so much venom Saitori was unable to prevent her eyes from widening in shock. She has never, ever heard anyone speak to her like that before. It was a bit of a shock as she was a well liked person.

Being the adventurous and free spirited young woman she was, she had heard several of the locals threaten her for silly little reason like breaking their windows when she was bored or trampling in the gardens looking for something, but they usually just rolled off her back. She knew they weren’t serious about calling the police, even though they often came to her door.

They were joking, and it was clear that this stranger was not.

Enraged that anyone would dare threaten her of all people, Saitori spun around the moment that bizarre girl removed her hand, ready to teach her not to mock or threaten her, but she was gone. Vanished, seemingly into thin air.

Saitori felt mortified that someone had the gall to actually threaten her, in the middle of the street!

What kind of a person would threaten someone they don’t know in the middle of a busy sidewalk? What a cowardly bully!

Ok, sure, she had threatened a few people in her life, but only because they did something to royally piss her off, denied her something that she really needed or got in her way. But they were for all really good reasons! That...bitch didn’t have a reason to threaten her at all!

“She was lucky I was holding myself back,” she sneered as she tightened her grip on the shopping bag in her hand.

As well as being an awesome blader, an incredible rollerblade and a skilful thief, she was also a wonder at street martial arts. She would have kicked that scrawny bitch’s ass, no sweat. Of course, she didn't want to get her hands dirty with her type. And she knew her type very well; the jealous type, pure and simple.

She was aware that a few of the girls in her home town were jealous of her as all the boys gave her attention. But the attention of one guy in particular that made the jealous girls’ blood just boil.

Miguel, the hot captain from Barthez Battalion, was interested in her.

Of course, why wouldn’t he be?

“It isn’t over,” she muttered under her breath as she turned back around and started walking again. She made a promise to herself to make that stupid little bitch pay for threatening her and making a mockery out of her like she did. She’ll kick that girly little ass of her until she begs to mercy.

Her brow furrowed as she thought back to her threat. What did she mean by staying away from him? Who was she talking about?

Oh, who cares! She was obviously talking about her boyfriend or a guy she liked and was threatened by her. It’s not her fault the guys just loved her and fall at her feet wherever she went. Their jealous girlfriends just have to get over themselves and give into the fact that they are nowhere near as cool as she.

“I should just kiss her boyfriend to piss her off,” Saitori said out loud as she smirked, carelessly swinging her shopping bag as she walked.

She looked up just in time to catch the sight of a certain blond as he ducked into a local shop and her grin widened. That bitches boyfriend will have to wait, she’s got her main boy to deal with at the moment.

Wait, wouldn’t it be so awesome if she kissed the guy in front of Miguel and he attacked him in a jealous rage?

“Oh, hey Miguel,” she said as he stepped out of the local bakery, his arms filled with brown paper bags.

Miguel snapped his head up at the greeting and turned his blue eyes in her direction. “Oh, hey,” he said, his brow knotting as if he was having difficulty recognizing her. He has seen her before, but couldn’t put his finger on it.

Saitori couldn’t help but smile smugly to herself, thinking how cute Miguel was being, acting tongue tied in her presence. She knew the blonde had the hots for her, it was obviously. He always seemed to be shopping at the same time she was. He even lived a few blocks from her and would walk past her house every day.

The only reason why they’re not dating was because he was a bit of an airhead and hadn’t made a move yet. Besides, it was also kinda fun to string him along like she was. He was incredibly hot and all, but he’s a bit of a pack horse. He was always doing errands, doing things for other people.

She kinda understood, though. People were always making her do things she didn’t want to do. Do the washing, pick up your clothes, put your plates in the sink; her mother was relentless!

“Shopping again, Miguel?” Saitori asked.

“Yeah,” Miguel replied, almost as if he was in a daze, no doubt because of her, she thought smugly to herself.

“So am I,” she said before she gave him an agitated look. “My mother made me pick up some bread and milk. I can’t see why she couldn’t do it herself. She spends all day at home, ordering me around!”

Saitori sniffed and folded her arms over her chest. She hated her mother most of the time, to high strung for someone who always stays home. The only chance she had to blade, both rollerblade and Beyblade, was at night as her mother didn't approve of her chosen sport. She refused to let her blade inside or on the garden terrace they have on the roof. She would yell at her to spot as she was destroying the vegetables she was trying to grow.

It utterly irked Saitori how her mother seemed more concerned about those stupid, disgusting vegetables than about her, her only daughter!

Suddenly, Miguel’s eyes widen with realization and Saitori figured that he was feeling sorry for her.

However, she couldn’t be further from the truth. During the entire time, Miguel was desperately trying to put a name to that face. Then, it struck him the moment she said something about her mother.

Oh, it’s that annoying girl, Miguel thought to himself. Saitori or something.

Saitori lived a few blocks from his home and she always seemed to be hanging around. She has told everyone that she has a Japanese name, despite being born and raised in Spain and only spoke a few words, dropping them randomly in conversation, which he found kinda annoying.

He loved Japan as well, but not enough to change his name into something sounding somewhat Japanese and then drop random words in casual conversation in another language. Japanese people wouldn’t even do it when they were speaking in another language.

Saitori wasn't even a proper Japanese name; it meant members of Tokyo Stock Exchange who work as intermediaries between brokers. Sure, it sounded Japanese with the name Sai, but as far as he knew, it wasn't a name.

Miguel was mildly aware that Saitori had some sort of a fascination with him, something he did not return. Truth be told, he could only stand to be in her presence for a short amount of time. He found the way she spoke, especially about her mother, degrading and disgusting.

Her mother was a single working woman, working as a cater from her own home, her husband having tragically lost his life on a fishing boat some years ago. Everyone in town knew about her and has tried to help her in some way. But she was a proud woman, trying her best to work things out on her own.

It didn’t help her one bit that her daughter was a bit rebellious. Saitori always did things her way, on her own and didn’t like to take orders from anyone; especially from her elders.

She had a troublemaking reputation, often doing destructive things like breaking windows with rocks and then running away, giggling childishly to herself. She also had a habit of sneaking out in the middle of the night to rollerblade up and down the street outside his house. She would do this late at night where he was trying to get some sleep, seemingly doing it on purpose to provoke him into coming out and telling her off.

Of course, she would then get all pissy, insult him in some petty way and then stalk off.

As well as being a rollerblader, she was considered a Beyblader, with quite a ruthless reputation if you ask any of her former challengers. She wasn't above physically attacking her opponents with her blade if it appeared that she might just lose. She called it being productive, but Miguel called it abusive and immoral.

Of course, once again, Saitori would just glare at him, call him jealous and stalk off. She didn’t like it when people didn’t agree with her methods or her way of thinking.

“Miguel!”

Turning away from Saitori, Miguel glanced into the busy streets and saw the figure of another female, this one familiar and a welcome presence. It was little Matilda, or Mattie as he would call her. She was wearing a cute little floral sun dress that was a very light pink with baby blue flowers on it and a pair of white sandals, perfect for the steadily warming weather around them.

“What’s up, Mattie?” he asked as she approached, happy for the interruption. He had a feeling that there wasn’t a real reason why Matilda was trying to get his attention, she knew better than anyone how he hated to be in Saitori’s presence longer than he had to, so had developed a habit of calling out his name as if she had something important to tell him to get him away from the brunette.

And he was ever so grateful that she did pick up that habit, a habit he was sure she picked up from another important female in his life.

Saitori also turned to look, irritated that someone was interrupting her time with Miguel. She pressed her lips into a thin line, growing more agitated when she the sight of a small girl with bright pink hair appeared from the crowds, waving her arm in the air at Miguel. Oh look, it’s the pink little cheer leader herself. The joy.

Note the sarcasm.

“Excuse me,” Saitori said tersely to Matilda as she approached, her eyes narrowing into a glare which she directed at the smaller girl. “I’m having a conversation with Miguel. Can’t you see he’s busy with me at the moment? He doesn’t have time for someone like you.”

Saitori knew how jealous Matilda was regarding her. She was much hotter and prettier than she could ever be. There was no way Miguel would ever want anything to be with a weak, girly-girl like her.

Gah, she hated girly-girls more than anything; especially those who wear skirts and dresses.

It almost made her laugh out loud at the mere thought of Matilda having a chance when Miguel obviously has someone like Saitori to choose. Besides, it was obvious that Miguel was more interested in her. She was a much better blader, with her fire wolf bitbeast called Enflara.

“But, it’s really important,” Matilda replied in that squeaky voice of hers, a light blush appearing on her cheeks as she took a step back and sunk away a little.

Saitori rolled her eyes. Jeez, she really needed to grow a backbone. And not to mention do something about that childish voice of hers, it was deeply irritating.

She opened her mouth to tell Matilda off, wowing Miguel at the same time with her wit and sassy attitude, but instead Miguel placed a hand on her shoulder, on Matilda’s shoulder and cast an irritated look in her direction.

What the hell?