Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Weird?..or Fate? ❯ Tragedies ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Drummer: hey….umm sorry for the really really really long wait but I was busy writing a lot more to the story, then I forgot to type it up. Anyways on with the story, and I hope you like it…by the way it's kinda long. (Oh and I don't own any of the characters except my own character. The others belong to beyblade)
 
Chapter 5
 
“Gotcha,” came from the person behind me. Saying that made me mad because I was virtually helpless to defend myself. Right then I remembered something that my mother had told me a couple of years ago.
 
*Flashback*
 
The whole family was sitting at the dinner table; we had just finished dinner and were talking when the topic of the conference that my mom had just gone to came up. “Amy, something they taught us there was, that if someone grabs you from behind you go for the crotch, gut eyes, throat and shins. If you elbow or kick in one of these places then that will give you just enough time to run away,” she informed me.
 
*End of Flashback*
 
Since I couldn't use my arms, I kicked backwards and got him in the crotch. He let go, I turned around and punched him in the gut. He fell to the ground holding his stomach.
“Ugh!!!! If I had known you would do that, I wouldn't have grabbed you,” complained a hurting Kai.
“You don't got me anymore!” I teased him.
“Man that was a hard punch,” he groaned.
“I'll take that as a compliment,”
“Uh huh, sure, whatever,” he said as he tried to get up.
“You need help?” I asked, giggling and holding out my hand.
“No,” he stated, and pushed my hand away.
“Ok,” I said putting my hands up in defense. He stood up and brushed his pants off. “Are you ok?” I asked.
“Yeah, I'm fine,” he answered annoyed with me. “You better not tell anyone about this,” he threatened me.
“Fine I won't under one condition,” I said, “you have to…wear a Dora the explorer sweater, Barney pants and Sponge bob slippers for the rest of the night. Oh and when we watch a movie tonight you have to change the channel to Dora the explorer, walk up to the TV, sit cross legged in front if it, making it look like you're enjoying yourself,”
(I am sooo evil!! HEHE!!!!)
“Never!” he said.
“Ok then I'll just tell everyone that you got beat up by a girl,” I taunted him.
“Hn…” was I got as he pushed his way passed me, so I followed. After a while of silence I finally said something
“So, did I hurt you?”
“No,” he said, “but where did you learn to punch like that?”
“I learned some boxing from my dad, but that's it,”
“Hn….what does he do for a living?” Kai asked.
“Oh….um…he died a few years ago in a car crash,” I stuttered.
“Oh, sorry,”
“It's ok, it doesn't bother me anymore,” I perked up and started to laugh. Kai stopped and stared at me like I was crazy.
“What's wrong with you?” he asked.
“What do you think happened to Tala?” I asked, “he's probably still hiding!!! Even though it's really funny that he's scared, don't you think we should go find him?”
“Fine, if we must,” Kai said and turned around. We found Tala hiding in a closet. I eventually convinced him to come out by promising him I wouldn't hurt him. He slowly stepped out, trying to stay away from me, but I gave him a good hard punch in the arm.
“OW!!” Tala wined, “I thought you said you weren't going to hurt me?”
“Yeah, I said that, but that was only to get you out of the closet,” I said, and we once again started to head back to the pool.
 
We finally came to the pool after a while, and the others were wondering what had happened. We just told them that I had punched each of them, which I had done. We swam for almost the rest of the night, but we eventually got bored so we went into the hot tub, it was actually big enough to fit all of us and still be room! It had only been a little until we heard a huge bang, followed by a bright flash of lightning, which lit up the whole sky, and made Tyson jump and run inside. We all followed quickly for it had started pouring rain.
 
After getting our things from the pool room, we decided to all get our p.j.'s and watch a movie. Naomi and Sarah raced off to our room, leaving me standing there totally confused at what had just happened. I shook my head and slowly walked after them.
 
(In our room)
I took out my suitcase and started to frantically look through it. I couldn't find my p.j.'s; I started to throw out the clothes in my suitcase onto the floor, but never found them.
“Um...guys…I can't find my p.j.'s,” I said
“No!! I never would have guessed. I thought you were just throwing your clothes on the ground because you wanted to mess up our room,” Naomi said.
Sarah and I glared at her.
“What?!? Is a girl not allowed to be sarcastic once in a while?” she asked.
“Do you have any other clothes you could wear?” Sarah asked, ignoring Naomi.
“Nope,”
“Well, I would lend you some of my clothes, but we're not the same size and my clothes are too cute to wear for sleeping,” Naomi said, “being sarcastic again so don't hate me,”
I looked over to Sarah, “Same.”
“One sec. I'll be right back, going to ask the guys,” I yelled back as I was halfway down the hall already. I kept running until I was totally lost. I somehow came to the kitchen where I found Max and Tyson both with a bucket of ice cream. It looked like they were having a contest to see who could finish a tub of ice cream first without quitting. As soon as they spotted me standing there with a totally disgusted look on my face they stopped. After it finally came to me that they were both staring at me with a questioning look on their faces, I asked them if they could take me to where the rest of the guys were. So they put their ice cream down and told me to follow, so I did.
 
When we finally came to their room which was a lot bigger than ours I saw that Tala, Rei, and Kenny were all staring at me confused. Kai was lying on his bed with his hands behind his head and his eyes closed. I had to explain to them, but none of them wanted to lend me any clothes.
“Well, I forgot my laptop adaptor at my house, and Kai was going to take me to get it, so if you want to come with us to get your stuff you can,” Kenny said looking up from his laptop.
“Ok,”
“That means you have to get off your lazy butt Kai,” Tyson said giggling like a little girl.
“At least I can unlike somebody,” he said glaring at Tyson, then got up and pushed past him.
“At least I'm not a little baby!!” Tyson yelled at him.
“You need to think of better comebacks,” Kai said and just kept walking, so Kenny and I followed him in silence. We came to his garage, it was amazing! There was probably at least one of every cool car from around the world in that room!
`Whoa!' was all I could say. Kai got into a bright red convertible, we both got in and he drove off. Kenny immediately took out his laptop and Kai turned up the tunes really loud. By now it was really dark, probably like 11, we were driving for a while when we came into a little town that looked like no one had been living there for ages. We came to a red light, and Kai stopped. That's when we saw the weirdest thing happed, a tall guy with a black cloak and toque, walked into the middle of the street, stopped, turned and faced us. Kenny had put his laptop away by now and Kai turned off his music.
“Great! If this maniac doesn't move, I'm gonna run him over,” Kai mumbled very frustrated.
“Um…I don't think you'll have time for that,” I said pointing to the guy.
“Why…” but he stopped when he looked to where I was pointing, at the creepy guy. He had a gun.
“Kai! Turn around and DRIVE!!” I yelled with wide eyes, but before Kai had any time to do anything the guy raised his gun and … BANG!! It hit the windshield on my side, but only cracked the glass. (THANK GOD it didn't go through.)
Kai quickly turned the car around and started to drive, but we didn't get too far before the guy shot again… BANG!! BANG!!! Two shots in a row, enough to stop the car in some way, Kai couldn't control the car and tried turning it, but that only made things worse. It rolled! The car stopped on its side. We quickly got out, and started to run… BANG!!... He hit the car, making it explode, knocking us over. The guy started stalking his way towards us. Kai and I quickly got up but Kenny was really hurt, I grabbed his arm and helped him up Kai came back to help. We made a left down an alleyway, only to find out it was a dead end.
“We can't go back!!” Kenny said.
“But we can't stay here!!!!” I yelled very scared.
“Well what do you think we should do little miss smarty pants?” Kai asked glaring at me.
“I don't know!! I…d...don't…know…” my voice died down into a slight whimper, as a tear went rolling down my cheek. Kenny turned his back to the opening to the alleyway to face us.
“We could try…to….to….oh I don't know!” Kenny said in a pout. I looked up and saw the guy standing I he alleyway, he lifted his gun. I saw then that it was pointed at Kenny!
“KENNY!!” I screamed just as the shot of the gun rang through the air and hit Kenny in the back of the neck, right below the head. He fell towards me and Kai who were just staring at the guy with the gun. `THUMP' went the now dead body of Kenny as it hit the ground. “you sick….BASTARD!!” I yelled at the guy. I tried to charge at the guy and give him a piece of my mind; but Kai grabbed me around my waist. No matter how much I struggled, it was no use; he was too strong. The guy saw his chance. He pointed the gun towards me. My eyes widened with fright, but I quickly shut my eyes, getting ready to be shot.
`BANG' went the gun. I opened my eyes confused, because I had felt no pain, no bullet hitting me. As I opened them, I saw something I really wished I hadn't seen. Kai had dove in the way of the bullet and was falling o the ground.
“KAI!!!” I screamed. `THUMP' went Kai's body hitting the ground. . I fell to my knees beside Kai and tried to look for a pulse. The guy attempted shooting me again, but he was out of bullets, so he ran away. I felt for a pulse on his wrist, nothing. I tried on his neck, `thump…thump…..thump…….thump…….thump' it stopped. “Kai!” I said worried. I tried waking him up by tapping his face, nothing. `CPR?' I thought. “NO!” I said a little too loud. I smacked him in the face and waited. He immediately woke up coughing. “Stay right here, I'm gonna go get help,” I said as I got up.
 
I ran out onto the street and called for help. No answer or movement from anywhere. I ran to the payphone on the side of the street and dialed 911.
“911 emergency, please hold,” said the lady on the other on of the phone.
“No! Wait! Two of my friends were just shot!” I yelled….No answer, “Hello? HELLO?!?!” I yelled again, “Someone answer me!”
“Sorry about that ma'am. Now what's your emergency?” she asked.
“I'm in the middle of no where and I have no clue where I am. Two of my friends were just shot,” I said scrambling to make my words make sense.
“Ok, calm down miss and just think for a second; Is there any indication around you that might help you tell us where you are?”
“Um…uh…..well there's a sign that says Clash St.,”
“Are you in the country or city?”
“Um….it's kind of a deserted looking part of a city,”
“Is there anything else that would let us know where you are?”
“Well there's a sign that says Albert Dr. so somewhat on the corner of Clash St. and Albert Dr.” I said trying to keep my cool.
“Ok, wee'll be there as soon as possible miss, please remain calm and stay with your friends,” she said and hung up.
I ran back to the alley and over to Kai. I knelt down and whispered, “Kai, are you ok?” No answer, he gone unconscious again. I tried shaking him. “Kai?? Kai?!?! C'mon Kai, wake up!! This isn't funny!” I said still shaking him, “Kai…” my voice trailed off, and I stopped shaking him. I looked at his shoulder where he had gotten shot. It was all bloody and more blood was still coming out. `I gotta get that covered up to at least slow down the bleeding,' I thought, as I ripped off a piece of my sleeve and tied it around his shoulder. I sat next to him not knowing what do. Five minutes later I heard faint sirens, and a couple of seconds later they were very close. I quickly got up and ran out into the street. The ambulances stopped and a guy came out.
“Are you the girl that called 911?”
“yeah, c'mon,” I said and walked back to the alley expecting him to follow, He did as well as 6 other guys. As soon as they saw Kai and Kenny they got out the stretchers and first put Kenny on one and brought him into one of the ambulances, I stayed with Kai. Next they put Kai on the stretcher and brought him to the ambulance; I went in the back with them.
 
A couple of minutes later we arrived at the hospital. I used the payphone to call Kai's mansion, by now it was around 11pm. One of his butlers picked up. I told him what happened and asked him if he could somehow get the others to the hospital. I hung up the phone and wandered down one of the halls.
“Excuse me miss, are you lost?” asked one of the nurses.
“Um…yeah,” I said a little embarrassed, “Do you know where room 31 A is?”
“Yeah, go up to the second floor and just keep going down that hall,” she said. I thanked her and went to the elevator. When I got off I kept walking down the hall until I saw the room. The lights were off and no one was in there.
“Hello?” I called out. No one answered so I went back into the hall and sat in the chair right outside the room. I ended up drifting off to sleep, about a half an hour later I was woken up by Naomi. She forced me to stand up and gave me a big hug, as Sarah ran over to me to do the same. They were just happy to see that I was ok. The guys just stood off to the side saying they were happy to see me. Then it all went quiet and all eyes were on me.
“Well, I guess I should explain what happened,” I said.
“Yeah, you should,” Tyson said trying to give me an evil look. Even though I wasn't scared I told them anyways, about Kenny and then Kai getting shot and were still in the emergency room.
“Have you gotten any reports about them by the doctors or nurses?” Sarah asked. I shook my head solemnly She leaned against the wall and fell to the floor sitting.
 
********
Drummer: well that's the end of this chapter. I hope you liked it. And I know that it took forever to get up and I'm sorry. But please Review!! I like to know what people think of my stories. Thanks and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!