Bleach Fan Fiction / Blood+ Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crista the ultimate half demon book 2 The Lovers Quarrel ❯ Chapter 20 The new bodygaurd, Dante ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 20

The new bodygaurd,Dante


Crista woke up and put on her white silk dress.She was back in her own palace,klas was wounded from a battle a while ago and was healing,riku came to crista's door and led her to the ceremony hall.It had been three years since edward had died,she was now eighteen years old.
Klas was by the alter,on top of the stairs introducing everyone.A man entered the hall,unoticed,he had a long red coat,no shirt underneath,brown pants and brown shoes.He had blue eyes and white hair,he stared up at the top of the stairs like everyone else was.
Klas glanced behind him,then smiled a little."Now let me introduce you to our eighteen year old princess,Cristaina Higurashi!"Klas shouted,everyone clapped,except the man.Crista smiled at everyone as she walked down the stairs,riku was behind her.
The dance started,crista and riku were dancing,crista glanced toward the balcony and saw the man,sitting on the railing,his left leg hanging over it,looking at the sky.He glanced at crista,his eyes widened a little,he smiled then looked at the sky again."Excuse me riku"crista said.
Riku bowed and went toward klas,crista walked up the stairs to the balcony,where the man was at.Crista walked toward him,slowly,looking at him.He had white hair,his face was a little narrow,he had a long red jacket type coat,brown pants and brown boots.
The wind blew,blowing his hair and hers a little,she walked up next to him,her hands on the railing."Are you enjoying the party?"She asked,looking at him.The man looked at her and smiled a little,she blushed a little."Yeah"he said.
She looked at the sky,he did too,a shooting star passed.Crista gasped,her eyes sparkling,the man looked at her,curious,she had her eyes closed.When she was done she opened her eyes and looked at him."What are you doing?"He asked,his voice amused.
Crista looked at him,his eyes widened a little as the light from the comet hit her."I was making a wish,when a shooting star goes by your supposed to make one"she said.The man scoffed,smiling and looked at her."I doubt the wish comes true"he said,his voice sad and lonely.
Crista looked at the sky sad,remembering about edward."It never does"she said,her voice sad and pained.The man looked at her,sad by what he said and sighed.He lept off the railing,standing on the balcony he put his hands up,his face and voice sad."Sorry if I upset you"he said.
Crista looked at him,she closed her eyes and shook her head,then opened her eyes."It wasn't your fault,I was just remembering something sad"she said.The man sighed,crista looked at him,he looked back."My name is cristina but people call me crista"she said.Dante looked at her and smiled a little."My name is Dante"he said.
Dante held out his hand,crista grabbed it.He dragged her to the dance floor and started dancing,messing up here and there,she giggled,he looked at her,amused."I haven't danced in a long long time"he said,his voice sad.
Crista led him to a huge lake in a cave after the dance was over,everyone was looking for her too."I get so frustrated about everyone bugging me about my duties as princess,they won't find us here"she said.Dante looked at her,the water was glowing off of the cave walls,she smiled.
Dante just stared at her,she sighed."Man she's pretty!"He thought.Crista started taking off her dress he just stared,she glanced at him and he turned away quickly."I haven't swam here in a while,so i'm going too,you can look too"she said.
Dante turned around and saw she had black underwear on and a black bra on,she went in the water,she came back up,flipping her hair behind her,the water going around her,dante's eyes widened."So dang pretty"he thought.
She looked at him and went to the ledge,looking at him,smiling."Come on dante come in with me"she said.Dante shrugged his shoulders and took off his boots,he jumped in,crista laughed.He came up,shaking his hair,crista's eyes widened a little."He's cute"she thought,then got the thought away.
He looked at her,she looked at him."Didn't that jacket cost alot of money?"She asked,it was drenched.Dante lifted up the jacket,then dropped it,shrugging his shoulders."No water won't hurt it,besides i'm a mercenary I can barley afford paying the debt on me shop"he said,smiling a little.
She looked at him and smiled,she went over to the legde and got dressed,dante's eyes widened a little then narrowed."A demon,here?"He thought.He lept out of the water and to the entrance of the cave,it was a huge fire demon,dante pulled out his sword,rebellion and pointed it at the demon,smirking.
Crista came out,pulling her sword out too,her dog ears showing,her golden eyes glowing,she smiled."I thought I finished you off last time you over grown fireplace!"Dante said,sarcasticlly,smirking.
Crista pulled out her sword and charged at it,dante looked at her and gasped,the fire demon was stronger than before,he clenched his teeth and rushed at it."Hey wait crista!"Dante shouted,his sword was behind him,crista lept up in the air.
She cut the demon's arm off,dante was suprised."She's strong!"He thought,stopping in his tracks.The demons arm grew back,it swung at crista,she turned around and tried to block.The demon grabbed her and sqeezed,crista clenched her teeth,then screamed.
Dante charged at the demon,chopping off it's arm,it let go of crista,she fainted,falling.Dante rushed at her,catching her in the air.He landed on the ground,her body was limp,he looked at her."Crista!"He shouted,shaking her,he growled,then layed her down gently.
The fire demon had it's arm back,glaring at dante.Dante stuck his sword in the ground,he glared at the demon."How dare you hurt a girl that pretty,don't you have any manners!"Dante shouted,his voice a little sarcastic.The demon roared as a reply,dante chuckled,looking at it."That's some response,but I can't understand you enough"dante said.
He closed his eyes a little,a dark black aura surrounded him,he went into his devil form and went at the demon.Dante blocked it's attack and cut off it's arm,it howled,date finished it off in one blow.He landed on the ground,crista moaned a little,he went back into his other form and went toward her,picking her up.
She opened her eyes and looked at him,he looked back,his hand on her forehead."How are you feeling?"He asked,his tone serious.Crista smiled at him,then chuckled."Like I got squeezed like a lemon"she said.Dante and crista laughed,klas and the rest of the knights showed up,ticked off,pulling out their sword.
Dante looked at them,eyes narrowed."What's going on?"He thought.Crista looked at them too,klas stepped forword,sword drawn."How dare you kidnap the princess,you'll pay"he growled.Dante grabbed his sword,crista touched his hand,he looked at her,he let her down."Klas enough,dante didn't kidnap me,he and I went to a cave,then he saved me from a huge fire demon,so don't hurt him"she said,her voice pleading.
Klas sheathed his sword and so did the others,crista heard a grunt and turned around,dante was on one knee,gripping his chest.She rushed toward him and kneeled down,he chuckled,then his voice strained as pain hit him."Dante!"She said,her voice fearful.
Dante looked at crista,then chuckled,closing his eyes."Why are you sounding so scared,you just barely met me?"He asked.Crista looked at him and smiled,he looked at her."Because you saved my life and I like you"she said.
Dante nodded and smiled,then fainted,crista caught him,klas carried him to her room and she healed him.One hour passed and he moaned,sitting up,but regretting it.He gripped his chest in pain,a soft hand pushed him back against the bed.
He looked up and saw crista,smiling at him."You're still hurt,lie down"she said.Dante smiled at her and nodded,klas came in with riku and looked at dante."Dante would you like to be a knight at this castle,you can be crista's bodygaurd too,if you want?"Klas asked.
Dante looked at crista,she looked at him,he smiled,then nodded."I will,but I need to pay off the debt on my shop"dante said.Klas it was already taken care of and left.Crista looked at dante and sat next to him,he looked at her,smirking."Why do you want to become my knight?"She asked,curious.
Dante looked away,blushing a little.Then looked at her,smirking,crista looked at him."I like you too"he said.Crista smiled,got up and laid down on the floor,dante watched her fall asleep and did too.
In the middle of the night he was tossing and turning,sweat going down him,crista walked over to him and put her hand on his head,seeing his dream.Dante was a little boy,he ran into a house,it had a woman's corpse and blood everywhere.
Dante ran to the corpse,shaking it."Mommy,mommy,mommy!"He cried,the corpse was cold and pale.Dante got up and ran toward his room and into another one,it was blue."Vergil,brother!"Dante shouted,his brother wasn't there.
Dante's eyes snapped open as he sprang up,sweat flying out,he was panting and gasping,he saw crista beside him,shaking."Cr..Crista..what's wrong?"He asked,reaching out to her.Crista looked at him,tears down her eyes."I'm so sorry dante,I had no idea that happened to you,it remninded me of my dead boyfriend three years ago,but I..."She gasped as dante embraced her.
She cried on his red jacket."I didn't have a choice,he was possesed and he jumped into my blade like my boyfriend before him again,it still torments me"she cried.Dante's embrace tightened,his eyes shut tight."Crista I know how you feel,when the demons attacked my house,my mother told me to hide in a cupboard,I saw her die and was powerless to stop them"he said,his voice tormented.
Crista embraced him back,his eyes widened,his body shivered."Dante I don't want that to happen again"she said.Dante looked at her,still holding her in his hug."I don't either,I swear i'll protect you crista"he said.
Crista nodded and dozed off,dante laid her down on the bed and went to sleep too.Three hours passed and klas burst into the room,dante turned around,he was putting his boots on."I know crista is missing,i'm going to find her"dante said.
Dante rushed out of the house,determined."Crista where are you?"He thought.Crista was by a lake,looking at the sea,a man in a long blue coat and black pants came up to her,a knife in his hands,crista gasped.She started to run,he threw the knife at her leg and another one at her arm,she bit back a scream.
Dante smelled blood and ran faster."Crista hold on"he thought.The man was holding crista by her dress,he punched her,she coughed up blood,gasping,her eyes wide."Hey,get your hands off of her!"Dante yelled.He came up to the man,side kicking him in the jaw,then punching him in the stomach.
He grabbed his wound and went to his knee,gasping."Dante!"Crista said,she ran toward him.Two demons went in front of her,she screamed as one punched her in the face,dante got up and punched them,hard."I can't use my devil trigger on these humans"dante thought.
Crista got up and charged at the men the man got a dagger out and struck at crista,dante's eyes widened as he gasped,blood spilled,crista's eyes were wide,as she gasped."CRISTA!!"Dante shouted,crista started to fall,her eyes closing.
Dante shot two guys with ivory and ebony,hoilsterd them and caught crista,her breathing was shallow,she looked at dante,he had tears in his eyes."Dante"she said.Dante picked her up and raced off,suddenly a stronger fire demon came in front of them.
Dante glanced at crista and a burst of black surrounded them,crista's eyes widened as she gasped.Dante was in his devil form and was flying in the air,fast."I won't let you die crista"he said.Crista leaned against him,he jumped,then looked at her.
Crista was pale,her life was fading away,dante flew faster,he got to klas and they took her.He went back into his human form and sat down,staring at the ceiling."Crista please be alright"he murmmered.Two hours passed and dante opened his yes,klas was standing in front of him.
Dante stood up,klas looked at him."Thanks for trying to protect crista"he said.Dante's eyes widened,his breathing stopped."Is she.."he couldn't say it,klas looked at him,smiling."She's okay"he said,then left.
Dante rushed toward crista's room,crista was sitting up in bed,smiling,dante burst through the door slamming it,crista jumped and looked at him.Dante's bangs were over his eyes,he was panting,sweat pouring down him."Dante"she said.
Dante looked at her,she looked back,tears in his eyes.He ran toward her,embracing her,she gasped."Crista i'm so glad you alive,I was so worried"he said.Crista embraced him back,smiling."You're supposed to worry that's your job"she said.
Dante looked at her and smiled."That's right"he said.Crista smiled and laid down,dante stood outside the doorway,gaurding it,crista sat up in bed and went to the balcony.There was a full moon,she closed her eyes,trying to hold back her blood lust.
She looked at the moon and smiled,remembering what edward had given to her before he died."Crista"edward said,hoarse.Crista looked at him,he put his hand on her neck and looked at her."I want to turn you into a vampire is that okay?"He asked.Crista smiled and nodded,closing her eyes.
She had edward's vampire blood flowing through now,she went back into her human form and went out to the gardens,dante followed her.Klas was by her side,looking at the flowers,riku too.Suddenly a huge explosion hit,dante,klas,riku and crista sheilded their eyes.
Crista's eyes widened,she gasped,the fainted.She had been punched in the stomach,it was envy,she slung crista over her shoulder,then looked at them."Come to fujima cave in two days or crista dies"envy said.
Dante charged at her,envy knocked him uncocious,klas and riku caught him,envy got away.Five hours passed and dante sprang up."Where is crista?!"He asked,panic in his voice.Klas and riku stood up,dante did too."We have to come up with a plan to get crista back"klas said,then left.
Riku turned toward dante,dante looked at him."You were watching while they kidnaped her,why didn't you follow them!"Riku shouted.Dante looked at riku,then down,bangs over his eyes."I don't know,we need to come up with a plan first"dante said.
Riku punched dante,he fell hard on the ground,he looked at riku."I think you were just too scared"riku said.Dante was taken back,but got angry,he stood up and griped riku by his shirt."You're Wrong!"Dante shouted.
He let go off riku,looking at his hand."That's not the reason"he said,then ran away into the forest,he stopped running about an hour ago,he had his right hand against a tree,his body was slouched a little,bangs over his eyes.
He remembered how crista got captured,his teeth and hands clenched,he raised his head in the air and screamed.His eyes widend and he ran toward the scent."Crista i'm coming"he thought,running faster.