Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Growing Up ❯ Chapter 7: Amusing Incident ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Growing up
Serie: Bleach
Warning: Shounen-ai / Yaoi
Note: Before you ask, what happens he is after Soul Society and the current arc. Aizen is yet to be defeated, but Hinamori is out of her coma, and NOT dating Hitsugaya. If I'm correct, this would happen a year after Soul Society arc.
Summary: What if they found out the cause why Hitsugaya hasn't hit puberty? What if the solution is in Ichigo's world?
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach, but the current plot is my own.
 
 
 
Chapter 7: Amusing Incident
 
Ichigo was watching over an injured Hitsugaya. He sighed; it seems that even though Hitsugaya's reiatsu was lower than it used to, it was still high enough for the Hollows to try to eat Hitsugaya's soul. When Ichigo arrived at the construction site, he quickly destroyed the Hollow with one swift swing of Zangetsu. One thing was for sure, he didn't expect to find Hitsugaya laying on the ground, unconscious, covered with new injuries. Hitsugaya had been in deep slumber ever since he had found him and two hours had passed since then.
 
Ichigo's mind drifted again; lately, he was getting confused by Hitsugaya. It wasn't because the dragon wielder was acting like a teenager ever since he started to grow up, but the feeling he got when he was around him was confusing him. It was just weird and it scared him at the same time. Maybe it was because he was around Hitsugaya so often now that he feeling this way, but to be honest, Ichigo didn't like to feel like that at all. IT was like he was started to be attracted to Hitsugaya.
 
Hitsugaya was feeling like he had been ran over by a truck and his head felt as if he had been hit by a baseball bat. It hurt a lot. He slowly opened his eyes and looked quickly around; he was in the room he shared with Ichigo. He waited a little before trying to sit up.
 
Ichigo heard the covers of the bed in front of him move and a small groan. He looked and saw Hitsugaya sitting up, wincing. He sighed and joined Hitsugaya; sitting next to him, he tried to ease Hitsugaya down.
 
“I'm fine!” said Hitsugaya, annoyed.
 
“Sure,” Ichigo stated. “Being attacked by a Hollow and found unconscious is considered fine for you…” he added as he put Hitsugaya back in his bed.
 
“Knock that off!” said Hitsugaya, pushing Ichigo. “I'm not a kid! So stop treating like one! And I'm fine, so I don't need to lay in bed!”
 
“With all the injuries you got?” asked Ichigo. “It's surprising that you're not dead! Really, I'm starting to think you really don't value your life much!”
 
“I'm FINE! I've gotten injuries far worse than that before, and I was up a few hours after!” stated Hitsugaya, pissed off and sitting up.
 
Ichigo didn't miss the small wince that Hitsugaya let out when he sat up, but he really didn't bother to put the shinigami back in bed. “Don't get pissed off at me for your carelessness! I'm merely trying to help you and make sure you stay alive, like I promised Rukia and Hinamori!” he yelled, suddenly regretting what he said.
 
Hitsugaya glared at Ichigo. Somehow, that last line made him wince even more and he felt something snap inside him. “DON'T GET HINAMORI INVOLVED IN THIS CONVERSATION!” he yelled.
 
“I'M JUST STATING A FACT HERE!” Ichigo yelled back, getting up. “AND IF THIS IS ALL I'M GETTING FOR SAVING YOUR ASS, THEN MAYBE NEXT TIME I'M JUST GOING TO LET YOU HANDLE IT AND NOT HELP YOU!”
 
With that, Ichigo left the room, closing the door loudly. Hitsugaya was equally pissed off at Ichigo and at himself. Although he knew Ichigo was right about a few things, he wasn't ready to say it out loud. He sighed and lay down in his bed to stare at the ceiling. He did hear when the door opened and closed soon after he was laying on his bed; he was pretty sure that it was one of Ichigo's sisters.
 
Outside
 
Ichigo was walking around the city, trying to get the argument out of his head. He hoped that Hitsugaya understood that he was only trying to do his best in this situation. He sighed and passed his hand in his hair; the situation was not going to go smoothly.
 
While walking, he didn't notice someone was calling him. It was only until he felt someone's hand on his shoulder that he stopped and turned around to look. It was Tatsuki, Inoue, and Ishida. Ichigo was kind of surprised; he was so zoned out that he hadn't even felt the others.
 
“Kurosaki-kun, are you okay?” Inoue asked, a little worried.
 
“I'm fine, Inoue,” the boy replied, knowing very well he couldn't fool her.
 
“If you say so,” said Tatsuki, before Inoue could say something more. “Anyway, what are you doing out here? Aren't you supposed to watch Hitsugaya-kun?”
 
“I just gave wanted to give him some space, so I decided to go for a walk,” he replied. He didn't want to tell the others he had had a fight with Hitsugaya. “So, what are you three doing?”
 
“We're shopping for the small party that we're planning next Saturday!” said Inoue, very happy. “You and Hitsugaya can come!”
 
“I guess it wouldn't hurt,” Ichigo mumbled. “It might do Hitsugaya some good…”
 
“He's been that moody?” asked Tatsuki.
 
“A little, but I think he just needs to learn to relax,” Ichigo mused. “He only knows about shinigami work and school.”
 
“Very true,” said Tatsuki, nodding.
 
“Well, we still have a lot to find and order for next Saturday,” Ishida interrupted, pushing his glasses up. “We'll give you the details tomorrow at school.”
 
Ichigo nodded at the trio and they went their separate ways after they said goodbye. He walked back to the house, feeling a little bit better. The idea of a party among friends was a good idea. This way, Ichigo would be able to relax and Hitsugaya would not be so alone.
 
Kurosaki Residence
 
Hitsugaya had sat down after a while. His thoughts had been chaotic because of the argument with Ichigo and he hated to be in such a state. It had been an hour now since Ichigo had left the house, angry with him. During that time, Hitsugaya went from bad to worse; he was having a massive guilt trip. Not to mention he was getting bored and wanted out of the room right now. He sighed and looked outside; when was Kurosaki coming back from that walk?
 
Hitsugaya heard the bedroom's door open and close. He didn't really need to turn to see that Ichigo had come back; the orange-haired teenager let his reiatsu leak all the time.
 
Ichigo saw that Hitsugaya was now sitting down and sort of ignoring him. He sighed and just went to sit on his bed, grabbing a book, and started to read it, trying to ignore the silence between them.
 
It was only an hour later that the silence was broken; Hitsugaya decided to take a bath to relax his aching muscles. Being tossed around was not good for anyone. He grabbed a change of clothes, his bath accessories and left the room without even giving a glance to Ichigo.
 
Ichigo sighed and looked at the door before returning to his book. He wasn't paying attention until he heard the door open again. He looked up and saw his sister Yuzu looking at him. He sighed and had a feeling it was about Hitsugaya.
 
In the bathroom
 
Hitsugaya was staring at the bath being filled with warm water. After a while, he stopped the water flow and took off his shirt. He could see some of the bruises that weren't covered by bandages. He still had yet to recover from his recent attack from the bullies at school. He winced a little and pulled the bandages off and saw how bad his sides and chest were bruised. His body was decorated with purplish and bluish bruises.
 
He sighed and pulled the rest of his cloths off before getting into the bath. The shinigami captain winced a little as he soaked; the bruises had begun to hurt a little. It took a moment before the water seemed to calm his injuries instead of upset them. He finally started to relax.
 
Hitsugaya stayed there for a long time, just relaxing his mind and body in the warm water. For once, it felt nice to be like this, forgetting his problems. It felt almost normal. After a little while, he put his head under water for a minute and emerged after. It took all the gel out and made his hair fall. It barely touched his shoulder now, he noticed.
 
Outside the bathroom
 
After the conversation with Yuzu, Ichigo waited for Hitsugaya; she had insisted that both of the boys talk and that Ichigo apologize to the other teenager. He had been waiting for fifteen minutes when he heard a loud thump coming from the inside. He immediately opened the door and entered; the boy stopped dead in his tracks. He saw a very soaked and on the floor—on his butt to be exact—Toushiro, barely covered by a towel. Ichigo stared down at Hitsugaya; his hair wasn't spiked like it usually was, it was down, wet and slightly touched his shoulder.
 
Hitsugaya didn't notice Ichigo staring at him; he was more preoccupied with his situation and his injuries that were hurting a little. It was when he felt a stare on him that he looked up and saw Ichigo, jaw dropped open, staring at him. He could feel his cheeks heating.
 
“DAMN IT, KUROSAKI!!! GET OUT!” he yelled, very embarrassed.
 
Hitsugaya's yelling woke Ichigo from his stupor. “Err… Sorry… You okay?” he asked, very embarrassed.
 
“I'M FINE! NOW GET OUT!” shouted Hitsugaya, almost tempted to throw something at Ichigo.
 
It didn't take long for Ichigo to get out; an angry Hitsugaya was not a good thing. Ichigo went directly back to his room and sat on his bed. He just thought about what happen; Hitsugaya on the floor, barely covered by his towel, and hairs down. Although Hitsugaya could be hurt, it was a sight to see. Hitsugaya was beautiful… Ichigo shook his head; he just didn't think of Hitsugaya in THAT way. They were both boys and… and Hitsugaya was probably ten times his age.
 
A few minutes later, Hitsugaya got back in the room, finally cleaned and less annoyed with Kurosaki, not to mention fully clothed. His hair was still down and slightly wet. He didn't notice that Ichigo was sporting a huge blush on his face.
 
Ichigo tried to calm down, but he couldn't. He still had the image of a half-naked Hitsugaya in his head. And now, Hitsugaya was wearing black loose pants and a white shirt that barely covered his shoulders. He could barely see the bandages through his shirt.
 
Hitsugaya finally looked at Kurosaki and saw the blush that Kurosaki sported. He didn't know he was the cause of the blush, and couldn't help but to smirk at Kurosaki, which Ichigo didn't find amusing.
 
“What?” asked Ichigo, still blushing.
 
“Something wrong, Kurosaki?” asked Hitsugaya, smirking.
 
Ichigo decided not to answer and looked away, avoiding Hitsugaya's glance and the question. He wasn't about to admit that the shinigami captain himself was the problem, him and the mental images he gave him.
 
Hitsugaya just smirked and got in his bed and relaxed. He got the feeling that something was going to happen real soon.
 
Note: Chapter 7 is done!!! Now, I will have to give a small punch. In chapter 9, it will be the party mention earlier. So, this is the list of guests so far:
 
Hitsugaya
Ichigo
Inoue
Tatsuki
Sado
Ishida
Rukia
Renji
Matsumoto
Hinamori
Kira
Shunhei
 
Now, I have the possibility to add Keigo, Ikkaku and Yumichika… Also, possibly Gin, if I make a VERY good reason and make something up, because otherwise, it will break the plot.
 
What I'm asking, I need 2 things: ideas for more guests and different truth or dares because they are going to play that game during the party. Hitsugaya already has a dare prepared for him. Leave a comment to suggest me all of the above.