Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Growing Up ❯ Chapter 6: Coffee and shopping ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Growing up
Serie: Bleach
Warning: Shounen-ai / Yaoi
Note: Before you ask, what happens he is after Soul Society and the current arc. Aizen is yet to be defeated, but Hinamori is out of her coma, and NOT dating Hitsugaya. If I'm correct, this would happen a year after Soul Society arc.
Summary: What if they found out the cause why Hitsugaya hasn't hit puberty? What if the solution is in Ichigo's world?
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach, but the current plot is my own.
 
 
 
Chapter 6: Coffee and shopping
 
Weekends were usually filled with quiet moments and hanging out with friends. This weekend was no exception. To their own dismay, Inoue and Tatsuki had managed to drag Ichigo and Hitsugaya to a shopping trip. Inoue had insisted on bringing Hitsugaya with them this time; she had noticed the previous day that Hitsugaya's school uniform pants were a little too short as of late, much to Hitsugaya's astonishment.
 
So now, they were in the shopping district, walking around to search for new clothes for Hitsugaya and maybe a few new accessories too. It was a really funny thing to see; both Hitsugaya and Ichigo were grumbling and Tatsuki and Inoue were talking happily in front of them.
 
It took a while before they found a shop suitable enough for Hitsugaya's taste. He had argued a little about some of the other choices; either too girly for his taste or too childish.
 
They went in and looked around to find things that might be okay for the Tenth Division captain. Shirts, t-shirts, pants; nothing was safe from the two girls. Ichigo and Hitsugaya were just looking around, taking pieces of clothing when they seemed okay.
 
A few minutes later, all of them joined up near the changing booths. Ichigo and Hitsugaya just sweatdropped at the ridiculous amount of clothes that the girls (mostly Inoue) had found for Hitsugaya to try on.
 
“You must be kidding…” Hitsugaya finally said.
 
“No, why?” replied Inoue.
 
Hitsugaya lost hope; he was pretty sure he was going to be in this store for the rest of the day with all the clothes he had to try on. He just sighed; he had no choice anyway. He grabbed some of the clothes and decided to try them. Each time he came out of the changing booth, he got very positive comments, but somehow he wasn't completely satisfied. It was either too childish or just too colorful for him.
 
Later
 
It took almost three hours to try on everything. Ironically, what he had bought for himself was what he had chosen, except a pair of black and dark red pants that Tatsuki had chosen. The girls were still walking in front of the boys, chatting happily. After a little while, the group stopped to eat in a restaurant. The guys took their seats while the girls, more than happy to oblige, went to get the food.
 
When the girls were out of sight, Hitsugaya just rested his head on the table. He wondered how the girls could actually adore this kind of torture that was called shopping. Ichigo didn't seem to even be tired either.
 
“Don't tell me you are already tired…” said Ichigo, amused.
 
“Not really, just that shopping is not really my thing,” replied Hitsugaya, annoyed, sitting back normally. He would never admit to being tired.
 
“It could be worse,” said Ichigo.
 
“And how it could be worse?” asked Hitsugaya.
 
“Rukia could have decided to shop for you and you would have horrible clothes,” Ichigo replied, totally amused by that and the image he got about the last time Rukia had done that for Renji.
 
Hitsugaya just blinked and shivered in horror at what Rukia would have come up for him. He had heard of what she had come up with for Abarai last time she was here. He had decided to never let Rukia, or anyone else for that matter, to shop for him when it came to clothes, not to mention he had developed a dislike for shopping now.
 
They both stayed silent until the girls came back with the food. The table was filled with chatter from the girls. During one of the conversation, Tatsuki gave a side glance to the white-haired captain, which annoyed him.
 
“What?” he said.
 
“Well… I was thinking, ever thought of showing your inner self a little?” she mused. “Because I can tell you can be a little bit of a rebel.”
 
Hitsugaya was a little surprised. Because he was a captain, he had to act mature and he had to set an example to his division. Breaking rules, having distinct signs (like tattoos) or anything that would show signs of a rebel had been scratched out on the list since the beginning. He had to set an example to his division and show he could be as good as any of the other captains, and even better than some of the others at the same time. He never thought someone would have noticed that side of him.
 
“Well?” Tatsuki inquired, looking at Hitsugaya.
 
“I'm still a captain you know,” replied Hitsugaya, frowning. “Beside, who knows how long I'll be here, so I don't think it would be the best idea…”
 
“In short, you just don't want to,” said Ichigo, almost too amused and on the limit of provocation.
 
Hitsugaya glared at the other Shinigami, annoyed. Of course he didn't want to, especially if it was going to get him in some sort of trouble; he had a reputation to keep. Weirdly, the temperature in the restaurant dropped a little.
 
Later
 
The girls finally left the boys and they were now walking around the city, nothing to do in mind. Both of the boys had avoided the discussion about the rebellious side of Hitsugaya since the restaurant. They passed a tattoo and piercing parlor and Hitsugaya stopped and looked again, thinking a little.
 
“Hey! Are you coming?” Ichigo asked; he had stopped after seeing that Hitsugaya wasn't beside him.
 
“No, you go ahead, I'll see you at home,” replied Hitsugaya, not looking at Kurosaki.
 
Ichigo frowned but didn't say a thing and left. Hitsugaya was glad the red head left, so he could really think of what to do. He checked his pockets to see what he had.
 
Somewhere else
 
Ichigo was wondering what was wrong with him; he had just left Hitsugaya alone, not knowing what the white-haired captain was up to. It was disturbing enough. He walked home, feeling a little dazed. He had some of Hitsugaya's bags with him so he could put those away while he waited.
 
He got home and for once, he wasn't attacked by his dad. He headed up to his room and put the bags away. It was too quiet, but who cared? He liked it like that right now. He laid down on his bed and looked at the ceiling. Lately, he begun feeling weird whenever he looked at Hitsugaya. He could tell that the Tenth Division captain was starting to look like a teenager rather than a kid. Ichigo sighed and rolled onto his side. He couldn't put a finger on this feeling. He closed his eyes and dozed off.
 
Later
 
It had been three hours since the two boys had parted ways and Ichigo had fell asleep on his bed, thinking of the captain. It was almost dinnertime when Hitsugaya came back to the room, bags in one hand and a Frappucino in the other. He was somehow much happier right now. He put the rest of the bags next to the others and put his drink on the desk; he didn't want to soak anything with his drink if he accidentally dropped it. He started to put his things away when he heard Ichigo moving. He looked and saw the teenager sitting up.
 
“What took you so long?” Ichigo asked, still a little sleepy.
 
“Nothing much,” replied Hitsugaya.
 
Silence fell on the room until Ichigo noticed something glittering on Hitsugaya's left ear. He looked more carefully and noticed there were three silver earrings. He just stared at Hitsugaya; the white-haired captain had finally given in.
 
“Nothing much my ass… You got three piercings,” said Ichigo, smirking.
 
“So?” replied Hitsugaya.
 
“So, you decided to get piercings,” said Ichigo, smirking. “I thought you wanted to set an example for your division.”
 
“Who says I'll have them when I go back to Soul Society?” Hitsugaya said, frowning.
 
“They'll grow on you, trust me,” Ichigo replied, almost laughing.
 
“Whatever,” said Hitsugaya, returning to his previous activity: putting his stuff away and ignoring Ichigo completely.
 
The teenager just grinned and snickered, still watching Hitsugaya putting all his stuff in place.
 
Next day
 
It was late in the morning when Hitsugaya woke up. He stretched and looked around; Ichigo was no where in sight. He slowly got up and decided to change into some of his new clothes.
 
Downstairs, Ichigo was finishing his breakfast, very happy that his father had already left for work and he was sharing the kitchen with his sisters. He heard footsteps coming from the stairs and gave a quick look; Hitsugaya was coming down. He almost choked on his drink when he saw him. Hitsugaya was wearing a pair of black pants and a white t-shirt over a dark red shirt. The white shirt had black semi-belts on each sleeve with a silver dragon drawn on it.
 
Hitsugaya just took a seat at the table and waited a little for his own breakfast. Yuzu quickly gave the white-haired teenager his breakfast and smiled at him. He just nodded to say thanks and started eating. It didn't take long before he was done. Hitsugaya left the table, leaving the house altogether.
 
The Kurosaki siblings looked at each other, wondering what was going on.
 
“Is he always like that, Ichigo-nii-san?” asked Yuzu, worried about the newest addition of the household.
 
“Only when something is bothering him…” said Ichigo, frowning.
 
“Bah! If he wants to be alone, let him be alone!” added Karin.
 
“But Karin! Aren't you worried about Toshiro-san?” Yuzu questioned, looking at her twin sister. “He seems so lonely and upset about something!”
 
Ichigo kept listening to his sisters' conversation about the stubborn white-haired shinigami. They were right—something was bothering Hitsugaya badly, not to mention he was upset about something. He let a small sigh go; maybe it was last night's conversation.
 
Flashback
 
Ichigo was in his bed, looking at the ceiling. It was night already and he couldn't sleep. It was quiet in the bedroom; Ichigo assumed that Hitsugaya was asleep. He was remembering what had happened recently. Hitsugaya coming in his house and life, where he had to live like a normal teenager, was something that changed his life and the white-haired shinigami's.
 
“Kurosaki… Can I ask you a question?” said Hitsugaya, turning to look at the orange-haired teenager.
 
“What is it?” asked Ichigo.
 
“What's the next step in my puberty?” asked Hitsugaya, very embarrassed.
 
“Well… If you grew hair in a certain area, it will be probably your sex growing or your wet dream periods…” said Ichigo, thinking. “Why the question all of a sudden?”
 
“Just wondering…” said Hitsugaya, very embarrassed this time.
 
“Ya right… You have something in your mind, so spill it!” said Ichigo, sitting up.
 
“Is it wrong to have weird feelings when thinking of someone?” said Hitsugaya, turning on the other side, his back facing Ichigo.
 
End of flashback
 
Ichigo decided to go back to his room instead of listening to his sisters; he should probably just forget what the other shinigami had said last night. It was bothering him as well as Hitsugaya. He grabbed a book when his badge started to scream its infernal sound. Ichigo groaned; what a lousy time to have a Hollow attack.
 
It didn't take a minute for him to be out of his body and get out of the house. He jumped from roof to roof, going in the general direction of the reiatsu.
 
Somewhere else
 
Hitsugaya was cursing his lack of luck again; he was hiding from a Hollow. He couldn't attack the Hollow since he wasn't allowed to use any demon art spells, not to mention he couldn't get out of his gigai. The Hollow was lurking around, searching for the shinigami. He was really close to where Hitsugaya was, but the Hollow seemed to have not seen him when he passed his hiding place.
 
Hitsugaya couldn't be more relieved that the Hollow passed. He waited a little longer to be sure the Hollow was far enough and out of view for him to get out of the unfinished building. He quietly moved from his hiding spot and started to walk toward the exit went he felt the Hollow's reiatsu.
 
“Where are you, little boy?” said the Hollow, very amused with their game.
 
Hitsugaya cursed under his breath and started to run for the exit. He was finally outside, he looked around, but he couldn't see the Hollow.
 
“I see you…”
 
Hitsugaya turned only to see one of the huge tentacles hitting him right on the side. The only thing he saw right after was darkness.
 
Author's note: Finally done!!! And yes, I'm again torturing Hitsugaya. So, please, review!
 
Small dictionary from all the chapters so far;
- taishou: captain. Usually used after the name of a captain of the Soul Society.
- shinigami: God of Death or Reaper.
- ban kai: The third level of the zanpaktou. Only captain level shinigamis have this; they are some exceptions to this.
- reiatsu: Spiritual energy.
- gigai: the temporary body that shinigamis use in the human world.
- baka: Idiot.
- Ohayo: Good morning
- Urusai: Shut up.