Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ A Whole New Card Game ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: A Whole New Card Game

Author: yaoi_luver_17 & Rhea

Disclaimer: I don't own it.

Rating: PG-PG-13

Content: Nothing big. There will probably be a semi-R rated love scene at the end but that's about it.

Coupling: Syaoran/Sakura, side couple: Tomoyo/Eriol

Chapter 5

Everyone sat down in a seat, some of the small population sipping on tea. What had once seemed like an empty, quiet apartment was now a crowded, noisy apartment. `Good thing not everyone is here.' Sakura thought to herself. She had somehow ended up sitting next to Syaoran and wasn't sure if she was actually comfortable with that fact.

Sakura was relieved when Yukito sat down next to her and smiled. Many years ago she had told Yukito that she loved him, but of course he did not return her love. His love for her was that of a little sister. That's all he could think of her as. After that she never allowed herself to fall in love.

But that's not what was important at the moment. Looking at Syaoran, Sakura felt cold chills travel down the spine of her back. She didn't know why, but he had really scared her. She didn't much like the uncomfortable feeling that lurked inside her every being.

Shaking her head she sighed. "Li-san, I would like very much to show you my powers, demo, the Sakura Cards have been stolen. I have no idea where they are."

"So you're the new card holder." His eyes showed that of distaste for the girl. "How can you let your own cards be stolen?"

"I don't know." She looked at him sadly and he calmed down. "I guess I'm just pathetic. Maybe I should have never been their new mistress. Maybe I never should have opened the book. But it doesn't matter now. It's in the past and the cards are now my responsibility, so no matter what I will get them back."

Syaoran couldn't believe it. At first he had hated this girl, but she was actually a lot more different then he had thought she was. He saw her in a new perspective now. She was brave...very brave, and very much mature.

He nodded. "I see." His eyes were soothing now. It helped Sakura to relax. "Then I'll help. I'll help you to get your cards back."

"Honto?" Sakura smiled. They needed all the help that they could get. But why was he being nice now? What had made him change his mind?

As she contemplated the answers to these questions in her head, Kero flew into the room in complete hysterics.

"Sakura-chan! Sakura-chan!" Everyone looked up at the small stuffed animal. "I haven't found the cards, demo...I've found a new card."

"Nani?" Sakura jumped up from her seat.

"The Destruct Card."

At that very moment Yukito turned back into Yue, and he stood up. "The end of the world has come. Sakura...you should be careful around the card. Its main target happens to be...you."