Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All That She Is ❯ Unexpected Visitors ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All That She Is

Chapter Fifteen - Unexpected Visitors

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - I don't own CCS, nor do I claim to. No profit is being made from this…it's only for my amusement :P

Author's Notes - Long time no see, huh? ;) Well, I'm back with another installment to my fic. Sadly, there's no Sakura/Syaoran in this chapter…he's not even in it, actually. But don't worry, there will be some action soon! Thanks for all the reviews, and R&R! Enjoy! :P

Pairings - Sakura/Syaoran, Eriol/Tomoyo

Summary - Sakura's recently moved to Tomoeda. Syaoran makes a bet that he can have any girl, even her. But when he finds out who she really is...the adventure's only just beginning.

----------

"Touya!" She called as she entered her house with a big smile on her face. Closing the door behind her, she waited for his reply.

"What do you want, squirt?" His voice came from the kitchen, and she quickly took off her roller blades and headed in that direction. She found him there, sitting at the table with a handful of cards, staring at them determinedly.

"Go fish." Came another voice, and Sakura was surprised to see Kero sitting across from him, that same determined look on his face as he stared at his cards.

"What are you two doing?" Sakura asked with a giggle. It was really quite funny seeing the two playing cards together and being civilized!

"Playing cards, what does it look like?" Said Touya, picking up a card.

Kero laughed evilly. "I'm so going to win! That chocolate pudding is mine!"

Sakura sweatdropped. "I get it…you both want the last chocolate pudding that's left in the fridge, so you're playing cards…and whoever wins gets it, right?"

They both nodded, too busy to look up. She shrugged, going to the fridge. They paid no attention to her and continued their card dual.

"Hmm…do you have the king of hearts?" Kero asked, and Touya smirked in response.

"Nope. Go fish."

"Yeah, well…I hope you guys have fun. I'll just take the last pudding and go upstairs." She smirked, and they went on with their game as if they hadn't heard her.

Touya grumbled again as he picked up another card. "This pudding better be worth it…"

"Hey…wait.." Kero snapped out of it. "The pudding…"

Both of them jumped to their feet, running after Sakura, who was laughing as she heard them.

"Sakkkuurraaa!" Kero whined, staring at her as she put a mouthful of pudding into her mouth.

"Mmm…it's really good!" She smirked.

Kero cried, watching as she ate the last pudding. Touya crossed his arms, frowning at her.

"You're an evil little monster, aren't you?"

"Touya! Stop calling me that!" She playfully hit him. Then she smiled, "There's more in the freezer. I hid it away because I knew you two would eat it all."

With that, Kero rushed to find it, leaving Sakura and Touya alone.

"So how'd school go?" He asked.

"I had a math quiz." She stated, sitting down on the couch. "I actually passed!"

"Really?" He looked at her in disbelief.

"Mmhmm," She nodded, "Got an 85."

"Well then, looks like that Chinese gaki is good for something then." Said Touya, going to the kitchen to get his own pudding.

I still don't know what he meant in that note, Sakura blinked, licking the last of her pudding off the spoon. And why did he give the Card back? He got it fair and square. She shrugged, deciding not to think about it.

"So what're your plans for this afternoon?" Touya called from the kitchen, "I have to go to work around five. You gonna be okay here all by yourself?"

"Yeah, I think I'm going to bed soon anyway," She yawned, "I've been tired all day, and I've got nothing better to do. Besides, Kero's here to keep me company."

Kero burped in response, flying out of the kitchen with his hands on his stomach. "Man, am I full!"

Sakura giggled. Kero? Full? Impossible!

"You're sure you'll be okay?" Came Touya's over concerned voice, and Sakura rolled her eyes.

"I'm old enough to take care of myself, Touya. I'm quite sure I can stay home for a few hours by myself. Besides, what can happen? I'm going to be asleep!"

"Dad will probably get home before I do," Said Touya.

"In time for supper? I never took anything out…"

"Don't worry, I already made him something. If he asks, it's in the fridge."

Sakura nodded.

"Anyway," He continued, coming out of the kitchen with his own pudding, "I have to get ready. Try not to wreck the house while I'm gone."

Sakura stuck her tongue out at him in response, and soon found herself yawning again, her eyes drooping.

Hmm, maybe I'll head of to bed now, she thought, getting up from where she sat and going upstairs to her room. She found Kero in the drawer where he normally slept, passed out and snoring. She smiled down at him. Some protection he is!

With another yawn, she let herself fall onto her bed, staring up at her white ceiling for a moment before her eyes closed and sleep overcame her.

-----

Scratch scratch.

Sakura groaned, pulling the covers over her head. There was a noise coming from downstairs, but her sleep filled mind didn't grasp that thought. All she knew was that she was still tired, and didn't wish to be awake. She wanted to continue to sleep.Scratch.

"Kero, whatever you're doing, stop it." She mumbled from underneath the covers.

There was a loud snort as Kero stopped his snoring, and he replied in the same sleep filled voice, "What?"

"…noise." She managed to mutter.

"That's not…" He paused, yawning, "me."

Sakura suddenly opened her eyes, all thoughts of sleep leaving her. "Then what is it?"

"Maybe your father is home early?"

Sakura peeked out from under the covers, looking at the clock next to her bed. "It's way too early for him to be home…"

BANG! Something crashed downstairs, and Sakura sat upright, eyes wide. "Kero!"

Kero was up now, listening intently with his big ears.

"There's someone in the house!" Sakura said in a hushed voice.

"Now, now Sakura - that's what you thought last time and it was only a Clow Card."

"You think it's a Clow Card this time?" She asked, looking at his questioningly.

He nodded.

"Do you sense anything?" She asked, watching him.

"No…well, I sense something, but I don't know what it is…" He admitted.

"Should I go…check?" She hesitated, afraid to leave the room. If it was a Clow Card, she could handle it. But if it was something else…

Kero flew out of his drawer, perching on her bed and looking up at her. "Go show that Card who's boss!" He nodded, making a fist with a huge grin on his face. "But I'll go behind you, just in case," He added, grinning up at her sheepishly.

Sakura sighed, getting out of bed and taking her pendant from where it hung from around her neck. In a quiet voice she muttered, "Oh Key of Clow, Power of magic, Power of light...Surrender the wand, The force ignite!...Release!" Feeling the air whip around her and the key grow into the Sealing Wand.

Grasping the wand tightly, she quietly made her way out of her room. Peering down the stairs, she heard the sound of footsteps and her eyes immediately widened. It wasn't a Clow Card! Someone really was in her house!

"Kero! Hide!" She whispered, shoving her wand at him. He took it, quickly flying back to her room and closing the door behind him.

Sakura shaking started down the stairs, stopping half way to look around. She could see no one.

"H-hello?" She called, "Is anyone there?"

A bang came from her kitchen, causing her to jump.

"Hello?" She called again, and received no answer.

Stepping down off the stairs, she made her way in the direction of the kitchen. The closer she got, the more noise could be heard, and the quiet sound of talking.

There's more than one of them, she realized, panic rising within her. What am I supposed to do?

"Eriol-kun!" Came a raised voice, "Wait until I put the eggs in!"

Sakura blinked. Eriol was in her house? And that had been Tomoyo's voice…

She stepped into the doorway and was greeted by the sight of her two friends, who appeared to be making something. She sighed, relieved that it was them and not some psycho.

"What're you guys doing here?" She asked, startling them both.

"Sakura-chan, you're up!" Eriol smiled at her, his eyes twinkling behind his glasses.

"Well, we came over to visit you," Tomoyo started, "But no one answered, and we figured you were asleep. The door was open, so we came in to wait for you to wake up…and …"

"Tomoyo-chan wanted to do something special for you," Eriol finished for her. "She was going to make you a cake."

Tomoyo blushed. "We didn't wake you, did we?"

"No." Sakura lied. "You just…startled me, I guess. After last night…" She suddenly remembered Eriol was in the room.

"What happened last night?" He asked.

"Well, uh.." Tomoyo covered for her, "She thought there was a burglar, you see…but it turned out to be a open window blowing things over that made all the noise."

"Oooh," Eriol nodded. "Must have been scary, huh?"

Sakura nodded. She didn't like lying to people, but she had to.

"She had Syaoran here, so it wasn't that scary, was it, Sakura?" Tomoyo winked at her friend causing her to blush before going back to making the cake.

Eriol grinned, watching Sakura turn the color of a tomato. "You guys have stopped fighting then?"

"Well, no.." Sakura stammered, "He was tutoring me when it happened…"

"I see." Said Eriol, giving Sakura a knowing look that made her feel uneasy.

Sitting at the kitchen table, she watched as Tomoyo finished mixing the cake and poured the contents of the bowl into a pan. Eriol, who was once again helping her, turned the stove on and opened it, waiting for Tomoyo to put the pans in. She did so, and he closed it.

Wiping his hands in his jeans, Eriol smiled at his girlfriend as she continued to clean up.

From where she sat, Sakura yawned. "So how long have you guys been here?"

"Not long," Tomoyo replied, dipping a finger into the bowl and licking the leftover chocolate cake mix off of it. "We were nearby and Eriol suggested we come visit you." She giggled as Eriol came up behind her, placing his arms around her and placing a kiss upon her cheek. With a chocolate coated finger, Tomoyo reached out and covered Eriol's nose with it.

Eriol wrinkled his nose, staring down at the chocolate as both girls laughed. Then, smiling evilly, he walked past Tomoyo, dipping his finger into the bowl as well before he turned his gaze to Tomoyo, that same smile still sprawled across his face.

"Eriol-kun! You wouldn't!" She protested with a laugh, but her eyes widened as he advanced towards her. She squealed as he caught her, holding her close to him from behind, as he smeared the chocolate on her face. She laughed and struggled the whole time.

Sakura grinned, watching the two lovebirds as they fought. Tomoyo and Eriol were just so cute together…she wished she could have something like that. Someone to hold close, someone special to her. But with capturing Cards and all, romance wasn't something she could deal with.

Ping - the stove clicked, signaling that the cake was ready. Playfully shoving Eriol away, Tomoyo took out the cake, setting it on the counter as she went to get the icing.

Eriol, who was now licking cake mix off his lips, noticed Sakura's dazed look. "You okay, Sakura?"

"Hmm?" She blinked, "Oh…yeah. Just thinking."

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked, taking a seat next to her.

From across the kitchen, Tomoyo sighed impatiently. "Sakura-chan, where do you keep the icing?"

"In the cupboard above the fridge," Sakura replied, looking away from Eriol in hopes the question was forgotten.

Eriol watched her, letting it slip. Something was bothering her, he could tell. Perhaps it was the affectionate scene he had just had with Tomoyo? His eyes softened as he watched Sakura. Yes, that was most likely it. Here she was, a teenager, and unable to experience love due to the task he had given her.

She must be really lonely, he realized, but I'm trying to fix that. He smiled, thinking of Syaoran. My dear descendant, although his feelings are mixed up right now, truly likes her. He just needs to realize this.

Sakura sighed, looking down at her clasped hands.

And I shall be the one to make him realize it, Eriol's secretive smile returned, and that mischievous twinkle returned to his eyes. They just need a big push…and my party will be the best place to do it!

"All done!" Tomoyo declared, laying a plate of cake in front of both of them.

"It looks delicious!" Sakura exclaimed, her smile returning as she stared down at it.

They talked for the rest of the evening, eating cake and drinking glasses of milk. Sakura's past thoughts soon vanished as she enjoyed her time with her friends, laughing at their jokes and being a normal teenager for once. Finally, the time came for them to leave, and she was sad to see them go.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Tomoyo hugged her goodbye, "And I'll be over to help pick out what you'll be wearing to the party!" She said excitedly.

Sakura was confused for a minute, but soon remembered. Oh yeah…Eriol's party! She smiled to herself. This is my chance to be normal for a night…a night off! She watched as Tomoyo disappeared through the door.

"Good night," Eriol told her, flashing her a smile as he, too, left.

She stood there for a moment, thinking about what was happening tomorrow. She had totally forgotten the party since the whole math quiz thing, but now she was just as excited as she had been when she first found out about it.

"Sakura?" Came a voice from upstairs, and Sakura realized poor Kero was still up there.

"You can come down now!" She called, taking a seat on the couch.

Kero flew down the stairs at top speed, looking around frantically. "Where is it?"

"Where's what?" She asked, giving him a confused look.

"The cake!" He took a big breath, "I can smell chocolate!"

"Sorry Kero," She told him, "We kind of…ate it all.."

At that, the Beast's jaw dropped, "You WHAT?"

"Ate it all." She replied sheepishly.

Kero groaned, dropping to the floor. "I'm going to die of hunger.."

Sakura laughed, but it was soon cut off as she realized something."We were nearby and Eriol suggested we come visit you."

She blinked, frowning slightly. How was that possible? She hadn't told Tomoyo where she lived, and she sure hadn't told Eriol…so if they were out, how would Eriol have known that she had lived nearby?

"Sakura?"

She shrugged it off, it had been a great visit anyway, despite the fact Eriol had known where she lived without her telling him.

"There's some icing left if you want it," She told Kero, and giggled as he leapt to life.

"Lead me to it!" He licked his lips hungrily.

Getting up, she went into the kitchen to get what was left of the cake mix and icing, a happy Kero following close behind her.

To Be Continued…