Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ All That She Is ❯ Getting Ready To Party ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All That She Is

Chapter Sixteen - Getting Ready To Party

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - I don't own CCS, nor do I claim to. No profit is being made from this…it's only for my amusement :P

Author's Notes - Well, it's been a long time since I updated…but here it is..finally, the next chapter! And Syaoran's actually in this chapter too! Although there's no Syaoran/Sakura moments…and I'm probably going to get shot, because there is, however, a kiss in this chapter…but it's not from Sakura! *is evil* lol ^_^ As for Meiling…yes, she's evil now…and after the next chapter, many of you may really hate her…but she's not going to stay that way. As I said in the very beginning, Meiling is going to change over time…this is going to be a long fic, and she has a lot of time to change her ways. She won't always be such a bitch. You just have to remember that Meiling hated Sakura in the anime too, and that all turned out okay in the end. Meiling's just a lot older in this fic, and has many years of bitchyness behind her. It'll change in time. Anyway, R&R..and hopefully I'll have another chapter posted before next year! ;)

Pairings - Sakura/Syaoran, Eriol/Tomoyo

Summary - Sakura's recently moved to Tomoeda. Syaoran makes a bet that he can have any girl, even her. But when he finds out who she really is...the adventure's only just beginning.

----------

Syaoran Li was annoyed. In fact, he was beyond annoyed as Meiling reached for his hand for what seemed like the millionth time since they had left school to walk home together. It had been a very stressful day for him, especially after what had happened the day before. He'd given up a Clow Card to his enemy, and he was beginning to think he was going crazy.

Maybe I am, he sighed, closing his eyes as he let the warm breeze blow through his hair. Beside him Meiling shifted her book bag on her shoulder, and he once again found her cold hand gripping his. His eyes snapped open, and he gave her an annoyed glare. "Meiling!"

"What?" She smiled back, up until he pulled his hand away, that is. Then her smile was replaced with a scowl. "What's wrong with you, Syaoran?"

"Nothing's wrong with me!" He gave her a funny look, "The question is, what's the problem with you!?"

"Nothing." She looked away, and he could tell that something was up with her.

"Then why do you keep grabbing my hand like that?" He questioned.

"Because you're my fiancé!" Meiling growled, turning her burning red eyes back to him, "And you sure aren't acting like it!"

Syaoran stopped as she continued to walk on. "Fiancé?" He repeated what she'd just said, "If you cared so much about us getting married, then you wouldn't have broke up with me this summer for that Yamto guy!"

"Yamato." She corrected him, turning around to face him, "And it was just a fling kind of thing, Syaoran!" She grabbed hold of his sleeve, smiling up with him with pouty lips, "It's all over now, I promise. I'm ready to be with you for the rest of my life!"

Syaoran rolled his eyes, yanking his sleeve from her grip. "Its too late for that Meiling," He told her, "You dumped me. I don't plan on getting back together with you anytime soon." With that, he walked away.

Although at first he had thought he was in love with Meiling, and had agreed to the mirage, Syaoran was having second thoughts. Meiling had, after all, dumped him for another boy and had still planned on marrying him - and he wasn't about to get over that. Syaoran had felt betrayed - it wasn't every day he opened up to someone like Meiling, and she had thrown it all back in his face.

"It's Kinomoto, isn't it?" Came a cold voice from behind him, and he ignored it. However, Meiling refused to be ignored as she ran after him, catching up. "Isn't it? You're in love with her!" She clenched a hand at her side, her teeth grinding together. "Stupid girl…I told her to stay away from you!"

Syaoran blinked, finally looking over at the raven haired girl. "You threatened Kinomoto?"

"Of course! Ever since you bumped into her in the hall, she's been all over you!" She answered with a growl.

Syaoran stared at her, confused. All over me?

"Don't give me that look!" Meiling snapped, "You know what I'm talking about!"

Syaoran blushed, and for a moment, he thought she knew about the incident with the Little Card. Okay, so he had thought about kissing the girl…but that didn't mean anything! He certainly didn't like her - she was his enemy after all! It was the bet, he told himself…the stupid bet to make her fall in love with me! That's why I was going to kiss her…not because I like her!

"Syaoran?" Meiling looked at him with confusion written on her face as she noticed he'd gone quiet. "You have noticed, right?"

"No." He blushed, frustrated with his thoughts and memories of the girl.

"She's basically throwing herself at you, and you haven't even noticed?"

"She's not throwing herself at me," Syaoran argued, "Kinomoto isn't like that! She's too shy and naive to do stuff like that!"

Meiling's mouth dropped. "You're defending that twit…and how would you know what she's like??"

"I just do."

Meiling caught him by the sleeve again, this time more forcibly and he was forced to stop walking. "She's got to you, hasn't she?" She breathed. Syaoran tried to pry her fingers away from him, but she had a very strong grip for a girl. "She's…she's already tried to make a move on you, hasn't she?"

"Oh for gods sakes.." Syaoran rolled his eyes. "No Meiling. Are you forgetting that she's the enemy, and I have to get those Cards from her?"

Meiling brightened at this, and replied, "No." She let go of him, but only to wrap her arms around his neck and tug him closer into a hug. "Oh Syaoran…please, stay away from Kinomoto. I've already warned her to stay away from you, and if she keeps this up I'll…"

Syaoran tensed at the feeling of her arms around him, but did not pull away. "You'll what, Meiling?"

She was the one who pulled away, keeping her arms around him, but so that she could look into his eyes. "I protect what's mine, Syaoran. And you," Her hand brushed his cheek, "Are mine. We'll be married some day," She paused, a small smile making its way across her lips, "And nothing and nobody is going to stop it."

Especially Kinomoto…I'll show that girl! She won't have my Syaoran! Meiling leaned in, brushing her lips across Syaoran's. I'll make sure of it!

"Meiling!" Syaoran pushed her away, glaring at her in disgust as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. She just smiled in response, and continued walking. Syaoran stared after her. "And nothing and nobody is going to stop it."

He frowned, walking slowly after her. Now I remember the reason for giving Kinomoto the Sword Card, he sighed, shaking his head. She's in danger…because Meiling sees her as a threat. I know Meiling's planning something…and even though Kinomoto is my enemy…he paused, thoughts heading in another direction. At least now that she has the Card, when Meiling attacks…it'll be a fair fight.

"Hurry up, Syaoran!" He looked up to see Meiling glancing at him over her shoulder, "I have to get ready so you can take me to that party tonight!"

Syaoran blinked, momentarily forgetting what she was talking about. "Party?"

"Eriol's party…you know.."

Syaoran raised a brow, keeping his voice cold. "Meiling, you weren't invited."

"Of course I was," She slowed down so he was once again beside her, "You're going, and since I'm your fiancée, I'll be going as your date!" She once again grabbed his hand, pulling him along at a faster pace before he could say anything. "Hurry up! I have a lot to do! I have to get a bath and wash my hair, find nice clothes to wear…" She babbled on.

Syaoran closed his eyes and sighed in frustration.

-----

"How's this?" Sakura asked, holding a fuzzy purple top up to herself so Tomoyo could see.

Tomoyo studied it, a finger to her lip. "I don't know, Sakura-chan…I don't think purple's your color."

Sakura blinked, looking down at the top. "Really? I always thought it was a nice color."

"It is," Tomoyo got up from where she had been sitting on Sakura's bed, "It just doesn't match your eyes." She then smiled, "You want something that will really bring out those emerald orbs of yours, and knock the socks off the guys who're going to the party!"

Sakura blushed, throwing the top back into her closet, barely missing Kero who was hovering not too far away.

"Hey! Watch it!" He grumbled, mad at the fact he was stuck doing something so girly as to help Sakura pick out clothes. He was also mad at the fact she was going to a party that night, and he was going to be left home. And everyone knew that parties meant free food…food he would be missing out on! With a groan, he dropped to the floor.

"Sorry Kero-chan," Sakura gave him a small apologetic smile.

He didn't bother to answer her, just 'hmph'd' and crossed his arms.

Sakura looked at Tomoyo, mouthing 'he'll get over it'. The other girl nodded with a grin.

Searching through her closet, Sakura emerged with a pink top, and holding it up in front of her, looked for Tomoyo's approval. Tomoyo looked at it, before she scrunched up her nose and shook her head.

Sakura sighed, before throwing it back from where it had come from and slumping down on her bed. "I give up, Tomoyo-chan…I'm no good at this."

They'd been there for hours now, ever since school had let out and Sakura had skated home with her brother and Yukito. She'd asked Touya then if it was alright if Tomoyo came over, and he'd said yes. When Tomoyo had phoned, she'd told her to good news, and it wasn't long before her friend was at her house, dressed to party.

Sakura turned her head, looking at Tomoyo's deep blue shirt and black pants. They looked really good on her, complimenting her silvery gray hair. They also brought out her eyes, especially with the mascara and eyeliner Tomoyo was using. She looked beautiful, and Sakura secretly wished she could look that good.

"Don't give up, Sakura," Her friend smiled, going over to the closet to pick through her clothes, "I'm sure you have something here you can wear.."

"I already looked."

"Well," Tomoyo turned to her, a small secretive smile on her lips, "Do you have a pair of black pants?"

Sakura raised herself so that she was lying sideways, propped up on one elbow. "Yeah, but I still need a shirt to go with it."

Tomoyo made her way over to the back pack she'd brought ("just in case" she'd said) and began to pick through it. Sakura watched her, rolling over onto her stomach as she listened to the rustle of movement.

"Tomoyo?"

The other girl picked up something, unfolding it before turning to Sakura and holding it out to her. "I brought something that might fit you."

Sakura took the article from the girl, giving it a glance before grabbing a pair of pants and heading out of the room and down the hall to try the clothes. When she returned, she was wearing the black pants and an amazing silky emerald shirt. It was long sleeved and flared out a bit around the wrists, and dipped low in the front but not too low for discomfort. Sakura looked in her mirror, and grinned widely. It looked amazing - she loved it!

"You like it?" Asked Tomoyo, and Sakura could see the girl grinning from behind her through the mirror.

"Do I like it?" Sakura repeated, before turning to her friend, "I love it! It's perfect!" She gave Tomoyo a hug, "Thanks!"

Tomoyo giggled, pulling away and looking at Sakura's outfit again. "I knew that I'd get you to wear something I made sooner or later!"

Sakura's mouth dropped. "You mean you made this?" She twirled in front of the mirror to get a good look at herself, feeling the flared silk of the sleeves move with her. "It's gorgeous!"

"Hmm," Tomoyo nodded in approval, "Not too dressy, but not too plain either. It's perfect for this party!" And Syaoran won't be able to look at any another girl! She thought with a smirk.

Sakura sat back down on her bed, careful not to wrinkle her pants or shirt. Picking up the belt containing the Cards she brought everywhere, she frowned. "Should I take these?" She wondered, "Just in case…"

Tomoyo shrugged. "It's up to you…but I don't think anything bad will happen."

Sakura silently opened it, taking out a familiar looking Card. It was the Card Syaoran had given her the other day, without an explanation..just a note that she wasn't quite sure how to take.

He said I needed this Card more than he does… She thought, staring at it silently. But what did he mean 'watch your back'? I still don't know if he was trying to warn me…or if it was a threat. She sighed, putting the Card in her pocket. Either way, I could be in danger…and it wouldn't hurt to have at least one Card.

"I'm ready to go." She told Tomoyo, "Touya's downstairs with his friends..he promised to give us a ride."

They made their way downstairs, only to hear the sound of choking and Yukito's laughter. Walking into the kitchen, she found a girl hugging the life out of her brother, while Touya's silver haired friend watched in amusement.

"T-Touya?" She asked, bewildered. Did her brother have a girlfriend she didn't know about? She blushed, suddenly feeling like she'd just walked into something she shouldn't have.

"Sakura?" Came Touya's voice, and the girl finally let go of him. She turned to Sakura with a wild smile, and soon Sakura found her cheeks getting pinched.

"Oh Touya! She's so cute! You should have told me you had an adorable little sister!" She cried, assaulting Sakura's face.

"Ehh..sorry." Touya rubbed the back of his head. "Nakuru, this is Sakura, my sister…Sakura, this is Nakuru. She's new at my school."

"Nice to meet you." Sakura finally managed to say once the girl let go of her, and she finally got a glimpse of her features.

The older girl, Nakuru, was a lot taller than Sakura, and obviously older. She was about Touya's height and age, and has long brown hair. Her bangs were cut short in the front, but where longer at the side of her face, and she had a single braid that came over her shoulder and lay down her front. She was wearing the usual college school clothing, just like Touya and Yukito wore every day.

"You too." She girl smiled. Ah, finally…I get to greet the great Clow Mistress, she thought, keeping the same fake smile on her lips. She'd been sent to check on Sakura and to make sure she was going to the party. Also, she needed to be out of the house when the guests arrived, so nobody would ask questions. Spinel Sun was lucky enough to have such a small form he could hide away easily - she did not.

Turning to the older boys, she smiled, eyeing Yukito out of the corner of her eye. I also get to keep an eye on him in the meantime, and keep him away from Touya.

"Can you give us a ride now?" Sakura asked, looking past the girl. There was something odd about her - she didn't know what it was, it was just a feeling she got.

"Oh, yeah..sure." Touya grabbed the car keys from the table, glad that his father had left the car. He looked at Nakuru and Yukito over his shoulder as he made his way across the kitchen, following the two younger girls as they went to put their shoes on. "You guys coming? If we're lucky, we can catch a movie."

Nakuru's gaze left Yukito, and she glanced at the Mistress's brother. "Oh, yeah..sure!"

With one final look at the silver haired boy, she walked off after Touya. Yukito's eyes narrowed as he watched her, and his usually happy face turned to stone. Whoever that girl is, she knows.

-----

Meiling smiled, studying herself in the mirror. After a few hours of getting ready, she was finally set to go. Dressed in black leather pants (not the tight kind - she did have to have room to move, after all, if she was going to carry out her plan), and a matching black top, Meiling was dressed to kill. Her hair was set up on top of her head in a bun to keep it out of her way, although a few long strands had managed to escape, and all make up was in place.

A noise behind her made her spin around, and she stared at her cousin/fiancé, who was also dressed to party.

Not really wanting her to go to this party, Syaoran crossed his arms and refused to look at her. "Are you ready to go?"

"Almost." She smiled in reply, her eyes wandering over him. He looked good, really good…and Meiling was going to make sure that everyone knew just whom he belonged to tonight. "Go tell Wei I'll be down in a minute…I have to touch up my make up."

He nodded, and soon she was left alone in her room again.

With a smirk, she looked back in the mirror, and lifted the chain that was around her neck. The chain was long enough that the pendant fell below the line of her top, hiding it from view..but now it was visible in the dim light of her room. It was black with red swirls, a gift from the Li family for her last birthday. They'd sent a note to use it carefully, and to ask Syaoran how to use it. Instead, she'd kept it to herself and had secretly practiced. Now all that hard work was about to pay off.

I'm going to show Kinomoto her place! She smirked evilly at the pendant, before letting it fall back into place. Grabbing her jacket from where it lay on her bed, Meiling turned off all the lights before leaving her room to join Syaoran in the limo waiting downstairs. She's going to wish she'd never moved here!

To Be Continued…