Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Because of You ❯ last lone tear ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter VIII: Last Lone Tear
Seeing the bright light, she gave glance to her only love. Then a single tear found its way.
In the darkness of the night, only the screeching of tires and cry of anguish and helplessness could be heard. Litany of apologies is being mumbled by a distress driver. While across the street is the widening of eyes and deafening silence of a heart stopping from its rhythmic beating.
“Ying Fa…” Syaoran choked. “NOOO!”
He ran off towards the middle of the road where a card made a sudden halt and a limp body on the floor. Syaoran couldn't believe what had just happened. It was all his fault.
“I'm s-sor-ry,” the driver stuttered who just appeared in front of Syaoran. “I d-didn't s-see h---“
Syaoran wouldn't give any damn about what the man was saying. He just pushed him out of his way and kneeled in front of Sakura. With trembling hands, he gathered her in his arms.
“Ying Fa…no, please, wake up,” he whispered repeatedly. She can't die. She can't leave him. She still ahs to hear what he has to say. “Open your eyes, please…”
while saying every word he knows, Syaoran caressed her cold face…her pale lips…her hair…”God, I love you sooo much,” he whispered as he kissed her temple. He just sat there with her in his arms with tears falling from his amber eyes. Why does this have to happen?
-----o-----
Oh my god, guys! Huhuhu, I don't know how to end this story!
That's why here's the continuation I so wanted to share to you…
-----o-----
Sakura squinted her eyes when she felt hot liquid on her eye lids. She tried to move but she was being held tightly. It's not that she's complaining of the tight grip, it's the warm feeling inside her. It felt so right to be held like that but there's also the fear…the fear of having those arms off her.
“I love you, Cherry Blossom, so damn much…”
`What? Is this real?' her mind screamed.
----O-----
“Please, wake up. You can't just leave me,” Syaoran kept on saying. “Without you I'll be nothing…I'll do everything, anything just to make you stay…”
“If you want me to stay, then grant me 3 wishes. First, shut up. Second, kiss me.”
Syaoran blinked for uncountable times. Did he hear right? Or more like, is he seeing right? “Ying…S-sakura?”
Sakura loved the sound of her name coming from his lips. It felt like it was really meant for him to call her by her Japanese name…finally. “What? Are you just gonna look at me like I'm some kind of a ghost or---“
Before she could even finish her sentence, Syaoran claimed her cherry lips for the first time. Not in the corner of her lips nor in the cheek. This is really the moment she'd been waiting for. Her first official kiss.
And it was only now that she understood why Tomoyo kept on saying that kissing Eriol is not something she could describe. Because she's experiencing it with Syoaran. This unexplainable feeling being kissed by him while having his arms wrapped around her is so bone-melting…so soul-shattering…so mind-reeling…
It leaves her breathless.
“So, what's your third wish?” Syaoran asked with a slight smile.
“Tell me what you feel.”
“I love you,” Syaoran said with all the love in the world.
“Good,” Sakura said, grinning like a chesire cat. “Coz I love you, too.”
Hearing those words, Syaoran's heart soared to cloud nine. He buried his head on the crook of her neck, smelling her scent. “God, I thought I would never hear you say that. I thought I had lost you.”
“No, little wolf. I was the one who thought I would never hear you say that. I thought I had lost you…I-I thought y-you don't want me.”
“Don't want you? God, Sakura, you've been in my system from the beginning. I love so much. Never, as in never, forget that.”
“I would never, as in never, forget that,” she whispered to his ear as she played with his messy hair. “Aishiteru.”
They just stayed there in the middle of the road uncaring of the world when somebody spoke up. Obviously, he has been with them the entire time and just gave them a moment of privacy.
Syaoran looked at the elderly man standing before them. He has that questioning look with him just like Sakura.
“I am Dr. Avalon and I apologized for my driver's carelessness. You see, it is late night and we are not expecting to have someone not in her own self in the middle of the road,” he said gently.
Sakura flushed from embarrassment knowing part of it was her fault. “Don't worry, it's okay.”
“You're a doctor? Then can you take a look at her?” Syaoran asked the man as he helped Sakura stand up.
“Of course.”
“No, no, no, it's not necessary. I'm okay.”
“Sakura,” Syaoran called warningly.
“But, Syao---“
“You know, young lady, you should listen to him. You surely don't want your boyfriend to be worried sick.”
Sakura blushed from the Doctor's smart assumption. She just let him do what he's asked to do. During the check up, she stole glances of Syaoran. She can see that he's really worried about her and that's enough to make her heart celebrate with joy.
“So, why did she pass out if she didn't get hit by the car?” Syaoran asked as he wrapped his arms around Sakura. As if feeling secured, in return, Sakura held onto him and rested her head on his shoulder.
“Well, she just blacked out because of shock and ---cough—an emotional breakdown,” Syaoran winced hearing that, “and aside from some bruises because of the fall, she's perfectly fine.”
“Thank you, doctor.”
“It's okay and you teens still have a party to catch,” he said smiling as the car door opened for him. He winked at Sakura before he got inside and the car sped away.
-----OoO-----
“Oh, what do you think happened to Sakura?” Chiharu asked as she, Naoko, Rika, Mei Lin, Tomoyo, Eriol and Takashi gathered around their table. They are all worried sick.
“Don't worry, girls. Syaoran will take care of her,” Eriol assured them as he squeezed Tomoyo's hand.
“He'd better be or I'll surely land a kick on that cousin of mine for huting my best friend,” Mei Lin stated.
“Mei, I think you should be more prepared for Kyo,” Naoko pointed out.
With that sentence alone, the crew looked at Kyo's table and found her still fuming with the rest of her cronies glaring at them.
Rika smirked. “Revenge is sweet.”
------OoO------
“What are you looking for?” Syaoran asked from the front seat.
“Syaoran, look at me. I'm so dirty and messy,” Sakura told him as she rummaged Tomoyo's car.
Syaoran shook his head in a helpless manner. He'll never understand women that's why he doesn't regret leaving hi sisters in Hong Kong. He tapped Sakura's shoulder to get her attention. She looked at him with questioning eyes. The sight she made brought a smile to his features. She looks cute with her curious expression.
“You don't need any make up or what so ever. You'll always be beautiful to me.”
“But---“
“And I don't care what other people say. All that matters is you and me,” he said softly. Then he frowned. “Why did you run away?”
Sakura looked at him straight in the eye. “You don't know?” she asked so softly.
Syaoran lifted her chin when he saw the hurt in her eyes. He shook his head no. “Tell me, Sakura, everything. What happened?”
“Well, she started uncertainly. “I was heartbroken with Yukito almost five years ago. And it was because of my life style, how I looked…From that day on, I swore I'll never be the funky and sexy cheerleader Sakura again. I left behind my reputation as a campus figure and isolated myself. Until I gained title of the campus nerd…a geek…a freak…” Then she shrugged. “I don't really care.”
“But somehow, the girls managed to break my shell. They are the only real friends I have and with them I feel safe to be the real me. They wanted to build back my reputation but I was afraid that people might judge me wrongly again. So as not to let them down, I agreed on becoming a resident singer in Tomoyo's café. And that was when Ying Fa was born…”
“And that was where I fell in love, “Syaoran said.
Sakura smiled a little hearing that. “Yeah, and that was where I found true love.”
“But why didn't you tell me you are really Sakura Kinomoto, my schoolmate?”
“Tell me, Syaoran, with all honesty, would the cold-hearted campus heartthrob fall in love with the campus freak?”
It took a while for Syaorn to answer that but still managed a weak, “No.”
Sakura sighed feeling tightness in her chest. “Just what I thought.”
“But Sakura,” Syaoran quickly said. “That cold-hearted campus heartthrob was long gone. That was after he met Ying Fa, the angel who brought the best in him, the angel who taught him how to smile, and the angel who captured his heart.
“Then why did you react as if hiding my identity is the worst crime?” she shot back. “You were so mad at my deception that I thought you would never love someone like me.”
“Sakura, baby…” Syaoran hugged her as best as he could since he's in the front set while she's in the back. “I wasn't mad at you, I was mad at Kyo. I love you too much to hate you.”
“You do?”
“Yes. When I learned that you're Sakura Kinomoro, my initial reaction of course was shock. It was then that I understood why I wanted so badly to protect that emerald-eyed nerd, it was the woman I love all along.”
“And when she called you a trash, I wanted to make her pay so dearly for insulting you in front of the whole school. My anger for her was so overwhelming that I didn't notice you were gone. That was until Tomoyo slapped me.”
Sakura's eyes widened hearing that. She touched the part of his face where he was slapped. Syaoran placed his hand on hers. They were silently telling each other that everything is okay now.
Then his face slowly descended for a kiss which she wholeheartedly accepted. (Uyyyy…ahehehe) Ah, nothing felt so right as having him near her, tasting his sweet lips, feeling his heart thumping underneath her other palm, knowing every beat of it is because of her.
She just wished there was a way she could tell him how much he meant to her as well. That her day would never be complete without seeing even a glimpse of him. That she had never truly loved anyone in her life but him.
“Now, love, we still have a party to catch,” Syaoran said breathlessly.
“Do we really have to?”
He kissed the tip of her nose. “Yes, I want everyone to know that you're not a trash. You're a precious gem, Kura.”
Sakura smiled hearing that. Oh, ho much she loves this man! “Thank you for choosing me, Syaoran.”
“I didn't choose you. I loved you.”
-----OoO----
Waheheh, like this chappie? I do hope so! See, I'm not that evil!
So sorry guys for this late update, even if there's a storm in my place I was still caught up with my assignments, projects and reports! And I'm not still sure if I will update this Saturday or Sunday, but I'll try….
Awww, the reason for this update (because I was supposed to update on Saturday) is 1) I was absent in school; 2) I have a terrible headache and 3) I just finished reading my favorite writer's new book! The hero, Vash Illustre, is my inspiration for this and a part in this chapter was something he said to his only love…
Don't forget to review, okies?
Thanks for everything!
Shajira (aww, still dreaming about Vash Illustre…”