Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Card Captor Sakura - Altered World ❯ Interlude: Hiiragizawa Eriol ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Card Captor Sakura - Altered World

Notes: This fanfic is S+S. It will deal with more angst and dark concepts later on, laced with my eccentric humour. CLAMP owns CCS, not me.

Interlude: Hiiragizawa Eriol

"Are you feeling alright?" asked Tomoyo Daidouji softly, with deep concern.

Sakura nodded. Today, she had to miss school because as soon as she woke up she felt dizzy.

"Don't worry Tomoyo. She's probably sick since she felt so tired from yesterday," stated Cerberus informatively, as he lay on Sakura's bed.

Sakura turned to her formal rival, and smiled brightly despite her wooziness. "Thank you for visiting me too Li-kun!"

Sakura blinked as Li-kun turned his head away sharply, turning red. I wonder if he's feeling sick too…

Tomoyo interrupted her train of thoughts. "I wonder why this time Sakura is so tired, she usually isn't like this. Card capturing never affected her like this too."

"Yeah," agreed Sakura.

"But why is she always rushing to school?" wondered Syaoran aloud.

Sakura fidgeted and tried to find a response. "Err… that is… umm-"

Cerberus saved Sakura from her embarrassment as he unintentionally interrupted her, "That's 'cause there's a new card."

Everyone turned to stare at Cerberus. He continued to explain, "Yesterday, Sakura used the Firey card, but I sensed it didn't feel like Clow's magic."

He raised the card in the air magically, so it hovered in front of them. "Firey has changed from the way it was before."

"You're right!"

The card was almost entirely pink. Instead of the symbol of the sun at the top of the card, there was a bright yellow star.

"The back is different too," commented Tomoyo, as the card was imprinted with Sakura's new magic circle, one purely of her own power. "The card possesses the same abilities but the magic involved is different," stated Cerberus starkly.

Sakura spoke, "The staff reacted too, the wings grew large and the star spun."

"The Fiery was made by Clow, but now it has been reborn as a part of Sakura's magic," revealed Cerberus, shocking everyone.

"My magic!" cried out Sakura with surprise.

"Then that means, the Clow Cards become into Sakura-chan Cards!" said Tomoyo with enthusiasm that would only occur concerning Sakura.

"H-hoe?"

Tomoyo clasped her hands, her eyes shining stars. "The Sakura Cards you make are so powerful, they can fight anything! It's so wonderful! These changes must mean a new opponent. I can see you new costume designs now! How-"

"Umm… Tomoyo-chan?" interrupted Sakura timidly.

"Yes, Sakura-chan?" responded Tomoyo endearingly.

"Calling them Sakura-chan cards, is a bit funny don't you think."

"Let's call them Sakura Cards then!" exclaimed Tomoyo as she went into a state of hanyaan. Sakura almost moped in a corner.

"So that's why she had to go to sleep," commented Syaoran. "Until now, she has been borrowing on Clow Read's power, even though the cards require part of your own power."

"Clow Read had put much of his power for the cards to work but recreating a card uses Sakura's magic," continued Cerberus.

"But, why won't the Clow Cards work?" wondered Syaoran.

Cerberus's eyes narrowed. "Last night, Sakura was in danger. Yue and me couldn't do anything for her."

"Don't worry, I got through fine," said Sakura reassuringly.

"That's not what I was worried about," stated Cerberus, and he continued darkly, "We were in our other forms, and Yue and my powers were nullified."

Syaoran looked at Cerberus, astonished by his words. Something that can stand up to the beasts that Clow Read himself had created? I thought it was something powerful but not that strong.

"The only person who can affect the me and Yue like that would be Sakura, or… Clow Read."

*****

Eriol smiled darkly. "Close Cerberus. Close. But Clow Read is dead isn't he, you think?"

"Are you worried, Sakura-san?"

He waved his hand, and the image of Sakura's room disappeared. "Looks like another card can't be changed today, because Sakura-san is sick. I don't mind waiting a little longer. It won't be too long compared to how long I've waited."

He stood, and exited from a room. He passed through a hallway with many doors. Through a large window he passed through, he could see his rather large backyard. The mansion was rather expensive in such a cramped country where property was skyrocket high. A car passed, climbing the hill that his house was located on. He opened the double doors that lead to his living room.

"Hello Spinel, still reading I see," commented Eriol as he headed towards a singular large plush chair in the middle of the room, facing away from the fireplace.

A black cat-like plush with uncanny likeness to the false form of Cerberus, except his eyes were narrow slit was lying on the side of the bay window and butterfly-like wings adorned his back. Inside his ears, his wings, and eerily his eye 'whites" were a cyan colour. A book was open, written in Chinese characters.

"You left behind many interesting books here. Done what you were doing?" answered Spinel.

"Yes. I left those books a long time ago though," said Eriol with a slight smile.

"I'm home, Suppi!" cried a cheerful female voice.

"Welcome back. Who's Suppi?" asked Spinel as Akizuki Nakuru entered the room. "How was school in Japan?"

Nakuru lifted a finger to her lips and smiled. "Interesting, I found something good."

Spinel answered as Nakuru dropped her book bag and began loosening her tie, "You got fast hands but you should learn to have a little more patience."

"But there is an annoying guy near him," complained Nakuru as she untied her tie, "So I'll just use this patience and get this tasty treat."

"But, shouldn't you be wearing a boy's uniform?" stated Spinel as he looked sceptically at her uniform.

"But it's great!" protested Nakuru as she flipped her hair. "The girl's uniform is much cuter and the skirt really suits me!"

"But then, gender isn't really a question," remarked Nakuru as she headed towards the seated Eriol. "I'm not even human."

She sat on one of the armrests of the chair and wrapped her arms around Eriol. "Do you like it here? In Tomoeda?"

With his eyes closed, he answered "Yes." His eyes opened slightly, and he stated, "This is where I died after all."

A small key with the sun eclipsed over the moon was raised into the air. He began chanting in a deeper voice, "O Key which hides the power of Darkness, reveal thy true form to me. I, Eriol, command thee under the contract. Release"

The key expanded into a long staff, with the ornament of the sun eclipsed over the moon on the top. The staff began to emit an ethereal red glow. Nakuru and Spinel closed their eyes, as Eriol commanded, "Return to thy true forms…"

Swirls of energy gathered as Spinel and Nakuru floated above the floor. Sheer silken cloth like substance formed around them and encased them like a cocoon. The cloth opened and dissipated.

"Ruby Moon."

The true form of Akizuki Nakuru stood in a long flowing dress. It was black on the top, wrapping around her chest. From her waist, the black part narrowed to a long strip with a magenta and pink pattern. At the end of the strip, there was a black butterfly with a pink jewel in the centre. The rest of her gown was a pale pink. Around her shoulders was a magenta pointed shawl, tied together with a black bow, complete with a Chinese styled collar. She wore long black gloves. From her back, there was a pair of deep navy wings, at the rim of her wings, there was a disjointed thick line in magenta.

"Spinel Sun."

Spinel Sun was a large black panther, with a blue jewel in the centre of his forehead. Around his neck was a lavender butterfly with a blue jewel in the centre. On his left foreleg there was a metallic clasp around it. He also had butterfly wings similar to Ruby Moon's except it was cyan at the rim.

Spinel spoke, "We are your creations Eriol, but…" "Why have we come here?" finished Ruby Moon.

"My last incarnation was Clow Read," answered Eriol with closed eyes. He open his eyes so they were almost slits, "There is something I want from the Card Mistress, Sakura-san." Something only she can give me…

*****

General Response:
Okay, I get it, it's starting to feel like the episodes again, but I need a bit of time to pick up since I need to stick in the necessary plot points. (Think of it, it would be too broken if I didn't.)

Author's notes:
Okay, I know I said I'm going to make Yue talk to Syaoran, but I figured I want to take more time with this. This scene is from the manga, but I made it so that Eriol was spying on Sakura. I feel like following the manga closer now, because it's more luverly. Why do people like the jokes with hormones? Bah, didn't you think Syaoran suffered enough with 'Unrequited Love'? Anyway, I'm heading towards to a more serious theme. (You'll see why.)
It's snowing like mad in Toronto, and I happen to live in one of the more northern districts (Scarborough). I helped my dad shovel snow, the snowplough is broken. Afterwards, I felt kinda sleepy. Ugh.