Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Final Christmas ❯ Denial ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own characters. Do own the plot line in this story though… that's worth something, right? _________________________________________________________________
Chapter 5: Denial
 
July 15, 2005
 
No! This is not how it is suppose to play out! This was not to be her fate. Her destiny was to sustain the cards to the end of her natural days and then pass them onto her children. The legacy was to continue through her children, her and Li's children, the children infused with both their blood and spirits. It was not suppose to be like this! I say it! I swear I saw it!
 
She still has so much to live for… so much life within her. Surely, the fates could not be so cruel as to snuff out the flame before it has gotten a chance to burn through the wick of a candle. They must have been mistaken when the strings of her destiny had been measured. It cannot be her time yet.
 
I owe her so much, this card mistress, that I have lost count. She has melted the ice surrounding one of my most loyal companions' heart, brought out the protective side of everyone, sustained the cards for as long as she could, gave me friends, brought meaning back into my life… but most of all, she gave me the other half of my soul: Tomoyo.
 
If not for Sakura, I would have never felt the happiness I feel now. Her matchmaking gave me the chance to love and be loved in return. For bringing me Tomoyo, I owe her everything. She's just begun her life with the person she's meant to love, the person meant to love her… it should not be her time yet.
 
Though I do not wish to acknowledge the fact that her health is, indeed, failing with each passing month, I cannot deny it any longer. Her power over the cards is faltering. I can feel it. Yue and Kero can feel it as well. I'm afraid that her time grows closer… and soon, Li would be the one controlling them…
Eriol