Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Final Christmas ❯ Lost ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own characters. Do own the plot line in this story though… that's worth something, right? _________________________________________________________________
Chapter 6: Lost
 
August 10, 2005
 
Oh God! It's really happening! We're truly losing Sakura. She's entered the hospital last night and the doctors are telling us to be prepared. I don't want to be prepared, damn it! I don't want to lose my best friend. She can't leave me alone in this world. She promised. I told her that a few days back and she merely smiled at me. She said that she kept her promise… has always kept her promise. She said that her promise has been completed; that her promise came in the form of Eriol. She said that she's not leaving me alone… she's just going away for a while and that she's leaving me with Eriol for the time being.
 
This morning, when we were allowed to go in and see her, she's still smiling. She held me as I cried, all the while whispering that we'll meet again… that our friendship would continue no matter what happens or where she is. I screamed. I yelled. I demanded that she gets better. But she can't. She won't be there for my wedding. She won't be there for my children. And she won't be there for me anymore.
 
She's my best friend… the one who's been there for me through thick and thin. She's been the constant in my life for as long as I can remember. How would I continue if she leaves? What would our lives be like when she… when she… dies? She may not know it, but she's the light in our group of friends. She is the one that keeps the darkness at bay. What will happen to us when our light fades away?
 
In all my life, she has never let me down once. And she still hasn't. I owe her my happiness. She brought Eriol to me. She gave me love. She gave me my life back… a life to call my own. And now, she's about to lose her own. It isn't fair!
 
Tomoyo