Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Final Christmas ❯ Bound ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own characters. Do own the plot line in this story though… that's worth something, right? _________________________________________________________________
Chapter 7b: Bound
 
September 16, 2005
 
Death. The one opponent a person must admit defeat to regardless of who you are. It had never truly bothered me much, this one mere word. Affected me terribly when Clow Reed died, yes. But never had it truly bothered me until now… until it came for Sakura.
 
Sakura, a sweet, young child who became an extraordinary woman. Sakura, the child who had to grow up too soon. The girl whom I had judged, then deemed worthy to hold power of the cards. And the woman whom I've come to respect, not just as the card mistress, but as a friend as well.
 
So sad that a life which has barely begun to bloom must be cut off. I admit, the news had come as an unpleasant surprise. She's the girl - no, not girl any longer, but a woman now - who faced so many challenges and had come out on top of things. She fought, captured, and turned the final card Clow had created and locked away, deeming it too dangerous to be set free. And she found true love during the same battle.
 
My human half, Yukito, seems to be in denial of Sakura's approaching death. I can sense his sorrow and unwillingness to accept it. Almost as much as I can sense his better half's denial of his sister's failing health. She's grown on Yukito immensely as of late. He sees her as a younger sister who needs all the protection she can possibly get. Well, considering the fact that my human half is joined in all but name to Touya, there's not helping it.
 
Yes, Sakura has grown on me as well, it seems. Fondness, an emotion I'd rather not admit to having, is definitely something I have for our dear card mistress. It will be devastating to watch her life force diminish, just as devastating it has been to watch her suffer for the last few months.
 
As Kero has spoken to me about, her power signature has dimmed to an almost unnoticeable rate. Li's signature has begun to overpower her control over the cards completely. And I have no doubt that within the next month, she will no longer be mistress to the cards.
 
The cards are restless for they can sense the oncoming changes as well. Yet I cannot help but feel that things are not what they appear to be. The future has been blurred… nothing is permanent anymore.
 
Yue