Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Final Christmas ❯ Final Good-Byes ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own characters. Do own the plot line in this story though… that's worth something, right? _________________________________________________________________
Chapter 10: Final Goodbyes
 
“Today, we are all gathered here to say our farewells to an extraordinary young woman. Her soul outshined any stars out there in the universe, even in the darkest of times. Her love embraced those who were lucky enough to know her. She was my best friend, the best kind of best friend there is, and she will always hold that position in my heart. She was destined for great things from the very beginning. Her life as a young girl was lived fully, lived to its limits, and she learned to live with no regrets. She's taught me so many things concerning life, concerning me,” a quick glance to the person next to her, “and about love. She's truly an angel sent from above who guided me every step of the way and lit a lighted path to help me find my own happiness. For that, I will be eternally in her debt.” The voice faded as she sat back down and another stood to speak.
 
“She's my sister… the only one I've ever had. I've watched her grow into the beautiful, young lady you all knew. And I've never been more proud to call her my sister as I am now. I picked on her relentlessly, but that was my duty as her older brother. Ever since her birth, I've always known that she was special… that she wasn't what any of us would call normal. But then again, neither am I.” A slight chuckle escaped as tears pooled in his eyes. “I'm not going to say much because everyone else has said it already. But I do want to say that, although I seemed to be against her relationship with Li… with Syaoran… I couldn't have picked a better person for her to love.
 
He loves her truly and I can see that now. He kept her happy and that's enough for me. But as I stand here today, in front of all of you, I realize that I've been blind. They're two halves of a soul and it didn't matter if I approved or not. They loved each other. They balance one another. She was his light as he was her dark. You can't have one without the other. It doesn't work that way.” An intake of breath. “Now, Syaoran would like to say a few words.”
 
“Thank you all for coming today. It means a lot to me… and I know it does to Sakura, too. She's my world, my everything, and she'll always be. I won't find another one like her and I refuse to look. My heart has been captured by her and I don't want it back. It's hers to keep for eternity, just as her is mine to keep.
 
Everyone sitting here today knows of our story, Sakura's and mine. At some point, I believe you've even experienced with us. Our love was one that bloomed from supposed hate and rivalry; that's how it began. But once a person gets over that, you'll find something better… something more real.
 
The past year and a half has been one filled with hardships, challenges, heartbreaks, and acceptance. Acceptance for each other as well as acceptance for death. And during this time period, my love for Sakura has grown even more, as well as my determination to stand by her for as long as I can.” A quick glance was spared to the people around him before his eyes landed on the one person whom he would give his life up for. A small, content smile formed on his lips as he spoke his last words.
 
“I love her. Truly, madly, and deeply.”
 
A moment of silence fell amongst the crowd as the speaker sat back down in his seat. All eyes, however, soon went back to the podium where Touya once again stood to speak.
 
“And so, with that said, we'll say our final farewells to Kinomoto Sakura on this clear summer day…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
… and hello to Li Sakura. She fought and won the battle that's haunted her for the better part of the last two years. May the newlyweds have an eternity of love, happiness and many, many more Christmases surrounded by those they love and those who love them back.”
 
Cheers erupted throughout the banquet hall where the reception was held as the blushing bride embraced her brother. Two pair of eyes met, one brother and one husband, as an unspoken understanding was formed.
 
Love and many Christmases indeed.