Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ First Time I Love Forever(fanfiction contest) ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4

"See you tomorrow,Eriol!"Tomoyo waved goodbye before she entered the gates leading to her mansion.

Eriol waved back,smiling too.He then continued on his way home.As he walked,he noticed the breathtaking indigo-and-orange skies above him.He sighed.

Back in London,these skies were a welcome sight to him.It signals the end of the hustle-bustle of the city-of the busy streets,the seemingly endless flow of cheap chitchat and the crazy noises of the city.It tells him that serenity has returned,giving him back the peace of mind he needed to ponder and reflect about how the day went,to engage in intense,setious conversations with Kaho,or simply to rest his body exhausted from leading a double life of a grown-up man and a fifteen-year-old university scholar.The descent of the sun means the return of his solitude,his time to speak with his thoughts,or to surround himself with the ideas of other great men inside his enormous library.

But ever since he'd known Tomoyo,his outlook changed.He began to look forward more to the time the afternoon and the evenings end.He would look pleadingly at the hands of the grandfather clock,urging it to move fater,He would toss and turn at his bed at night,wondering if Tomoyo was already peacefully asleep or was she awake like him too,who was going nuts over guessing whether she feels the same way for him as he does.He would go out to the balcony and under the stars and the moon,he would shout to the vast darkness how much he loves Tomoyo.

Finally,when he sees the first signs of the morning-joggers running leisurely around the park,shops opening,early bird students and workers rushing to the streets,and the resume of the chatters and crazy noises he had grown accustomed to in both London and Japan-he would rejoice,for it would mean another whole day to spend with the woman he loves the most.

And under the sea-blue sky broken only by a steady golden stream of cheerful sunlight,he and Tomoyo would walk,talk and joke together.His day had then begun.

"Master Eriol."Kaho cleared her throat.He looked up and saw himself standing in front of his mansion already.Kaho was holding the front door open for him.

"Thank you."he entered the house as Kaho quietly followed him.He slid off his jacket and put down his backpack."Is supper ready?"

Kaho blinked."You're going to join us in our supper?"

He nodded."I need energy for tomorrow so I can keep up with Tomoyo when we go shopping tomorrow."

The woman shook her head."Master.."

"Let's eat!"interrupted Nakuryu.



December 19

"I love Saturday,don't you,Eriol?"gushed Tomoyo as they walked towards the shopping mall.

Eriol said nothing but he smiled.He was too busy staring at her and noticing over and over how sweet and refreshing she is to look at in her powder blue summer dress and open-toed sandals.Her hair was held back by silver barrettes.

"What do you want for christmas,Eriol?"asked Tomoyo eagerly.

"Long life."He absentmindedly replied.Realizing what he said,he covered it with a forced laugh."A girlfriend would be nice too."

Tomoyo froze."A girlfriend,you say?"

Eriol was silenced too.

Her chheks turned pink."Any girl would love to grant your wish,but I can't giftwrap either that or long life."

Eriol's face was slightly pink too."You don't have to bother thinking of one.I don't need material things."He looked away."We're here!"

"Let's go to the giftshop in the second floor first."said Tomoyo as she excitedly pulled him in.



"For Sakura,for Li,for Touya,for Yukito,for Ms.Kaho,for Mother,for Mr.Kinomoto,for Keroberos.."Tomoyo counted the plastic bags Eriol was holding."Two more to go!"

"Where are we going next?"asked Eriol wearily.Where do women get all those energy they use in dodging the crowd,walking around for hours and at the same time,chatting energetically?

"Our last stop is the confectionery store."replied the girl.

Inside the sweets store,they sat down the booth to rest.

"Can you still walk?"she asked worriedly when she saw how he eagerly sank to the cushioned seat.

"Yes of course."

"I know just the cure for that."She stood up and went to the counter.She then returned holding two boxes and two cups of shakes.She gave one cup to him."Let's go!"



Unfortunately,Eriol looked like he would faint if he takes so much a step so they took the bus.Tomoyo sat by the window beside Eriol near the back of the vehicle.

"Thank you for coming with me,Eriol.I had so much fun!"said the girl.

He nodded."I had fun too."

"But I'm quite beat."she yawned."And sleepy."She leaned on the window pane."Wake me up at the bus stop,ok?"

"Y-You can lean on me if you want."he offered,not looking at her.

"Thanks."She laid her head on his shoulders and closed her eyes.

The engine roared to life,throwing the passengers forward.Eriol impulsively hugged her to hold her back.

The driver turned the radio on.A slow love song played softly on the speakers,lulling every passenger to sleep.Everyone but Eriol,that is.

Every cell of his body felt alive.He was very,very aware of the softness he was holding.He knew the ride was running smoothly and he could let go of Tomoyo already,but he couldn't.He simply couldn't.The fragrance of her hair was intoxicating,her sleeping angelic face looked so heartbreakingly sweet,and her body felt so good in his arms-as if she was the long-lost piece that would complete him.

This was the first time he and Tomoyo became this physically close,and it was affecting Eriol greatly.He restrained himself with much difficulty from kissing her right there and then,or waking her up to confess his feelings.He musn't..he musn't..

With his trembling hands,he tightened his embrace on Tomoyo.This is the only way he could mutely express how much he loves her.

The girl smiled asnd snuggled closer to him.



CHAPTER 5 PREVIEW

He picked the paintbrush up and dipped it into the water.He then dipped it to the black paint and began painting the sketch he made.

Kaho placed an arm around him."Master,my poopr,poor Master.."

He smiled."Don't worry,Kaho.I have decided already to live my remaining days with Tomoyo,and I don't care what happens after the twenty-fourth."

"But this girl..does she know how you feel?"

"No."He put his brush down."I don't want to risk rejection or losing her.She is the most important person in my life!I think I'd rather live on hope."