Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ First Time I Love Forever(fanfiction contest) ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
December 20

Eriol nodded in fascination as he absorbed the interesting insights the author gave about the most complex species known to man.

Suddenly,Kaho opened the heavy door of the library."Master Eriol.."She did a double take.

The boy's face reddened before he tried to hide it.Damn!This is NOT a good day.Kaho just caught him reading a Venus Exclusive magazine!"I-I'm doing an in-depth research for the class."he said quickly.

"Ow?"Her eyebrow arched."About which one?Ten days to thinner tummies,the most dependable brand of deodorant in the market today,or You Can Beat Acne."

He gave her a lay-off-my-case look.Was it his fault that he decided to be charitable this morning and cleared the table,where he found Nakuru's magazine lying open?Was it his fault that curiousity got him and urged him to browse its glossy pages?Was it his fault that he saw a halfway decent article about the "Signs When You're Falling For Your Best Friend Already"?But of course,he would rather watch a 24-hour marathon about the natural behaviors of caterpillars on TV than admit to Kaho about the lengths he'd go through to find out what Tomoyo feels for him.

"Ms.Daidouji came to see you."the woman said.

"Tomoyo?!Well why didn't you say so earlier?!I must have kept her waiting!"He stood up and fixed his clothes."Does my hair look alright?"

"You look absolutely divine."said Kaho,rolling her eyes.

He rushed downstairs and found Tomoyo downstairs,petting Spinel."What a pleasant surprise,Tomoyo."He smiled at her.

She bowed down."I'm sorry if I had disturbed you or anything-"

"No,no,it's OK."He motioned for her to follow him out to the garden."Let's talk."



"I know you might find it weird for me to seek your company when we had just spent a whole day together yesterday."Tomoyo began as they walked outside.

"I don't mind."he said truthfully.

"It's just that I'm alone in the house today because Mother is out on a date with Mr.Kinomoto,while Sakura and Syaoran..they were asking me to join them,but of course I know they'd rather be alone.I'll just ruin the romantic atmosphere.."She laughed weakly."I'm babbling,am I not?"

He smiled at her fondly."I can keep you company."

She beamed."Thank you,Eriol."She plopped down the grass and tucked her knees,her face pensive again."Life is so unfair."

"Why?"

"Everyone has someone else.It seems like everyone's falling in love while me..it's so unfair!"She turned to him."Maybe I'm jinxed when it comes to love.Sakura has Li,Mom has Mr.Kinomoto,Chiharu has Yamazaki..."

You have me!His mind cried silently.If you can only notice me,you have me!

"..and you have Kaho."she finished sadly.

"Kaho is not my girlfriend."he repeated.

"Tell that to the marines."she replied.

"Really!"he insisted."But I do love someone else,but she-"he caught himself.

"She what?"she asked.

"You're changing the topic!The bottomline is,you'll have someone else too when the right time comes.For the meantime,you still have Sakura,Li,your mom.."He gazed at her.And me.He finished in his mind.

Her eyes shook."E-Eriol..you're so kind."

Suddenly his heart raced again.It was urging him to tell her what he feels.He suddenly called her.

"Yes?"

He inhaled deeply.It's now or never."I lo-"

Suddenly,something cold fell to his skin.They both looked up and saw snow slowly falling.

"It's snowing!"Tomoyo happily cried.

"The snow came late this year."he remarked,his voice sounding normal again.

She opened her palms to catch the falling silver flakes."Yeah."She turned to him."You were saying something awhile ago,Eriol?"

He shook his head."I was just about to suggest that you get started on our art project already."

"Sure!As long as you help me!"said Tomoyo gamely.

They spent the whole afternoon inside his warm and cozy studio,making her project.



That night,Eriol continued his own art project.



He picked the paintbrush up and dipped it into the water.He then dipped it to the black paint and began painting the sketch he made.

Kaho placed an arm around him."Master,my poopr,poor Master.."

He smiled."Don't worry,Kaho.I have decided already to live my remaining days with Tomoyo,and I don't care what happens after the twenty-fourth."

"But this girl..does she know how you feel?"

"No."He put his brush down."I don't want to risk rejection or losing her.She is the most important person in my life!I think I'd rather live on hope."

He picked the paintbrush up and dipped it into the water.He then dipped it to the black paint and began painting the sketch he made.

Kaho placed an arm around him."Master,my poopr,poor Master.."

He smiled."Don't worry,Kaho.I have decided already to live my remaining days with Tomoyo,and I don't care what happens after the twenty-fourth."

"But this girl..does she know how you feel?"

"No."He put his brush down."I don't want to risk rejection or losing her.She is the most important person in my life!I think I'd rather live on hope."




December 21

"Does anyone in here know how to dance the basic steps of tango?"their P.E. teacher asked the class.

Eriol raised his hand.

"Good,Mr.Hiragizawa.Can you show us a few steps?"asked the teacher.

He nodded and walked to the front.He then took the instructress' hands and led her gracefully to the steps.When they had finished,everyone applauded appreciatively.

"Very good,Mr.Hiragizawa!"she gushed before turning to her other students."Alright,everyone,break into pairs.I will now teach you the basic steps."

Some girls looked eagerly at Eriol's direction,but he was heading straight for Tomoyo.

"May I?"he asked politely.

She nodded slowly.He then took her hand and held her waist with his other arm.

"And a one,two,three.."the teacher began to shout the instructions.

Oftentimes Tomoyo made mistakes but Eriol's smile prodded her to go on.

"And now,do the dip."said the instructress.

Eriol twirled her around.This time,Tomoyo's footwork was perfect so she landed perfectly at Eriol's arms when he dipped her.

The countings had stopped.Everyone had broke their pairs already.Everyone but the couple in the corner,still caught in their own world.

Eriol felt his chest would explode,and he knew this wasn't from dancing.He ached to kiss her.Right now.

And he did.Right in front of the gasping and gaping faces of their classmates and teacher,he kissed her passionately.



Chapter 6 Preview

He looked at the jolly Sta. Claus on TV,announcing that it's three days before christmas. It mocked his heart.Only three more days to live.

A tear dropped down his cheek.

"Master!!"Kaho exclaimed,alarmed.

"K-Kaho.."his voice dropped into a whisper."I'm scared."

"Master.."

"For the first time since my illness began,I'm scared.I don't want to die yet.I still want to apologize to Tomoyo for loving her.She doesn't want my feelings..she doesn't need them What a fool I am for hoping that she feels the same way for me too."Another tear dropped down."God,help me..I'm so scared."