Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ ignorance was bliss ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Although he didn't mention his apprehensions to Yukito, Touya did have a problem with telling his sister. He had never really thought about it, since their relationship had sort of 'just happened', but he couldn't say he was very fond of homosexual stereotypes or wanted to be associated in any fashion. If Sakura were old enough, she'd understand the difference between their love and the prissy bishounen love in shoujo manga. A thought grew heavier in his mind, threatening to bring him down.
'Things are going to be different.' He didn't want that. No matter how many times one hears, 'Oh nothing will change between us.' Or 'I'm still the same person.' It will never be the same. Touya wondered if his little kaijuu would still respect him, and look up to him, the way she had her whole life. Sure, he teased her, but that was the brotherly thing to do. Secondly, what if this challenged his authority over her? 'She'll think something stupid everytime I steer her away from some other hormone crazed boy…' Oh, he saw it now.

" 'niichan! Why can you have a boyfriend and I can't?!!"
" But 'niichan! Yukito-san said I could!!"
" 'niichan! Don't make me tell Dad!"
" 'niichan! What would you know about boys and girls?"


The last question hit him like a sawed off brick. Surely, part of him knew that he was conjuring up improbable scenarios. It was just the fact that he couldn't deem them "impossible" that bothered him.

*-*-*-*

Yukito watched as Touya fought with himself, though he posed a calm exterior. The young men were far too close for them to even attempt to keep things from each other. As he put down his teacup, he leaned his back onto the couch, seemingly unnoticed by his dear friend.
'Things are going to be different, from now on. He can feel it, too,' It hadn't been enough that he hurt her once. It was too soon for her to know it had progressed so far, so quickly. She was like a little sister to him, as well, and he couldn't stand to see her hurt. Granted, he chose not to threaten any guy who came with a ten-foot radius with the beating of their lives.
He supposed Touya was thinking something along those lines. Yuki didn't feel that his position would be "challenged" or "in jeopardy," as his lover was thinking. His fear was that Sakura would pull further away. She wore a smile, but he knew she was hurting. But it was for the best, wasn't it?
'She deserves someone who will love her the way she loves,' he sighed softly in his thoughts. Had he not stepped out of the running, she would never find her 'one'… and never know how happy it is to be able to know a love like that.
'Like our love.' He cast a gray gaze over at his pensive mate, and smiled tenderly.

*-*-*-*

"So Yukito, you decided to stay for dinner?" The Kinomoto patriarch smiled, though he knew his son. He practically knew Yukito as well as his own flesh and blood. There was something in the air, and he knew something was wrong.
Nodding in reply, with a smile, "Thank you for having me."
"Oh of course, don't be silly… dinner's on the way, but…"
"Where. Is. SHE." Something similar to the sound of metal hinges was coming from Touya, as his leg bobbed up and down on the floor. His knuckles were white, as his palms were pressed menacingly on the table, and there was a vein twitching above his left eye.
"Eh, Touya-kun, I'm sure she's fine. She's with-"
"I know who she's with. That's why I'm pissed off!!" Yukito was used to this form of explosion, and only smiled. The love that Touya and Sakura had for one another, although violent at times, was admirable. It was something Yukito could never truly know.
"Maa, maa, if she takes much longer, I'll just save her something… but it is getting late." Fujitaka was worried as well, his wrinkled brow was showing it.

*-*-*-*

Sakura and Syaoran stood side-by-side, with their heads down and quiet. She still clutched his handkerchief in her hands in front of her, and he walked with his hands stuffed into his pockets. He wanted to say something, he just wasn't sure what.
'Now would not be the time to ask her why she didn't answer to my feelings.' Smart boy. Syaoran stopped and looked around, and Sakura didn't seem to notice.

*-*-*-*

She was lost in thought, again. She didn't know how to feel. Syaoran had given her strength, again. Part of her wished he would just stop giving for a while, so she could sort out how she felt. But this time, she was glad he was there.
Until she was jerked back and nearly fell over onto him, "Hoeee!"
"Sakura, isn't this your house?" She blinked back into reality, and looked up.
"So it is."
The two stood there staring at the house, as if it were going to get up any moment and do a jig. Syaoran glanced over at her, rolling back on his heels, "So uhm. Ya'gonna go in?"
Shaking off her daze, "Uhm, yeah. I guess." She took half a step forward, and stopped when she heard laughter inside.
'Yukito-san. Touya'nii …'
"Are you going to be okay, Sakura?" Syaoran leaned over trying to get some eye contact. She might say she's fine, but if she were lying, he'd see it. The boy jumped when he saw the front door open, then realizing how close the two of them were standing. It started at his neck and the color slowly rose up and flushed his face a light shade of pink.
"Sakura! I thought I heard something out heard something out here. Oh Syaoran, you're here, too… did you two want to come in for dinner? You're just in time!" As if without a care in the world, Sakura's father turned his back to them with a simple wave, leaving the front door open in his wake. He'd find out what was going on, one way or the other.
Looking at one another and then at the door, and then at the floor, Syaoran gently opened the Kinomoto's front gate letting Sakura pass first. And he watched the shadow of his love wisp by him. With a slight frown, he followed behind her.
'It's going to be a long night,' he thought as he wondered how he could fix things that were out of his control.

*-*-*-*

All through out dinner, everybody tried their best to pretend everything was perfectly normal. Touya and Sakura teased, Touya and Syaoran glared, and Touya and Yukito made idle androgynous chit-chat. Mr. Kinomoto was, and always would be, Mr. Kinomoto. He suspected lots, and didn't seem to get many direct answers. There was something g in the air that just wasn't right as though everyone were trying too hard to conduct themselves normally.
"So Sakura, Syaoran… how was your day at school?" asked her father, nonchalantly.
Sakura was dreading the question that she knew would come next, if not from her father than from someone at the table. "Oh it was okay, Dad… y'know, nothing out of the ordinary." She scratched at the back of her head as a small sweatdrop appeared at the side of her head.
"Oh that's good to hear… so Sakura…" Here it comes. "It was so nice of you to bring Syaoran with you to dinner."
"I'm quite happy to be here," Syaoran said through grinding teeth as he and Touya were exchanging equally menacing death-glares.
And that seemed to be it for the question and answer portion of the evening. The dreaded question that threatened to haunt her was, 'So where were you all afternoon?' Although, either of the elder boys that were at the dinner table could answer the question for her easily.