Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Picture Perfect ❯ My New Parents ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
So how did you like the first chapter? Hehehehehee! Thank you mary for emailing me!I hope that you enjoy this one. I wonder what happens to Mina and the contest. It'll be fun to see how they react. 'They' meaning Sakura and Syaoran. So watch it happen.

Chapter 2 dedicated to 'mary'.

PICTURE PERFECT: Ana-Malia:
I laughed at myself to see three Miss. Sakamoto's bending over saying, "Deary deary deary me! I seem to have lost something!! Where is it? Oohhhhh you're so cute!! I could just pinch your cheeks! I think I will!! Oh scoochie shoochie!!" I suddenly had a BB gun in my hand. MY BB gun!! I laughed with glee. I looked around and aimed. BANG! "AAAAGGHHH!" Miss. Sakamoto shrieked. I giggled. Then the dream changed.
I was in a bus. My friend, Debbie looked at me with worry, "Quick I'll distract the driver, you get off!" I frowned, "What?!" "Miss Sakamoto. She won't let us off the bus because of our magic! Now go!" the she ran up to the front of the bus and began to yell into the bus driver's face. "Hey you fat lady, lookie! A wart on your nose!!! YAAAAH!!!" I opened the back door to the bus and fell out. ERRRR! EEEEERRRR! EEERR! EEERRR!

I bolted awake and sighed. It was a dream. I pouted. I was enjoying every second of it though! Suppi looked at me lazily. "Awake?" I growled and threw a pillow at him. He dodged it. "Stop it Mina-san!" then he settled down. "So when will the letter from the Picture Perfect Contest come back? What do you plan to tell Sakura and Syaoran-san?" he asked. I sighed, "I'm not sure how they will react. But undoubtedly frustrated. If it comes to anger I'll start crying. But I don't think that's the case. They're very kind and calm. I mean all those years with the Clow Cards. They won't get surprised to easily. And I do believe that the reply from the contest will come in today. Sometime, soon today." Suddenly there was a cry from downstairs. I heard Sakura go, "HOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEE!" I turned to Suppi with a grin. "Well, she got the letter."

I grabbed Suppi and squeezed him to make him quiet. (squeak) and I rubbed my eye. Sakura opened my door. "Mina-san! Did you enter a contest for the LI family??" she asked her voice cracking. I blinked a few times. "N-Nani?" I asked with shining eyes. "I thought Uncle Syaoran was going to marry you." I said. "And we are family--aren't we? I'm sorry." I said my bottom lip trembling. Sakura looked taken aback. I grinned a bit devishly when she looked at the note. I'm soooo bad. I know. I know. I squeezed Suppi. (squeak) and Sakura walked out the door with a murmur that she had to tell Syaoran the news. I snickered to myself. This could prove to be very interesting. I thought of something and flinched at the thought of being set up. Hey I set them up!! Cool. I released Suppi who floated away clumsily. "Don't blame me if I get a blood clot." He said through grit teeth.

I changed my clothes into a baby blue jumper and put my hair in pigtails. I was ready to be cute for the argument. I had to get my way through cuteness. It was my onlydefense mechanism against angry grownups! I grumbled, "You don't have blood." The door slammed and I flinched. Syaoran, was in the house. I could feel that too. And he was pissed. I looked around. Suppi Suppi Suppi. I found him but he was ahead of me. By the time Syaoran came into the room I was fitting a bonnet onto Suppi's head. The black cat pouted. I smiled brightly at him, "Hi Uncle Syaoran." I said and held up Suppi for him to see.

He flinched and looked down at Suppi, "It's time like these that I feel bad for you." He told the cat. I beamed at Suppi's discomfort. This was fun. Syaoran bent down to me and could've sworn I was gonna stop smiling. I bit my lip and gave him the 'Uh-oh, did I do a bad thing?' look. His eyes softened. "Mina-san, did you sign me up as your daddy?" he tried to say gently.
I hung my head and dropped the hand holding Suppi and his bonnet. "Yes. I'm sorry. Are you mad at me Uncle? I'm sorry." I said getting a tear down my cheek. Syaoran frowned at me and I really panicked. This guy was hard to please! Either that or a little dense. Dense I decided when he picked me up and kissed my head. "I'm sorry Mina-san but I can't do this. I love you dearly but I'm not your father." He said gently. I looked up at him. "Why?" I said getting my voice to tremble. He sat down on my bed. "It isn't right." He said. "Also you don't even look like Sakura or myself." He said. "I don't live with you and Sakura. And there are only two rooms." He said. I had it covered. "One, I'm adopted. Two you can move in. And I'll add another room. Suppi will be a black kitty." I said squeezing Suppi into a bear hug. (squeak) "I'll get you (squeak) for this!" Suppi said through grit teeth. Syaoran sighed and shook his head. Uh-oh. I was in trouble. I began to cry. "Please? I-I don't want anyone to hate me. I wanna live with you and Aunty Sakura for a few weeks." I got my lip to tremble and my eyes to shine with hope. Please please please please please. If you turn me down you really are a cold-hearted guy. Turning down a cute little girl. Huh!
His eyes softened and he sighed. "Okay. I-I'll do it. For you." He said finally. Bingo we have a winner! I squeezed Suppi happily (squeak). Syaoran kissed my forehead again and left the room. Suppi struggled to get out of my hands. "Why!!! WHY??? Is this really why you brought me here with you? As a weapon?"
I fell backwards onto the bed and hugged him to myself hoping he'd shut up. "I'm here to give you advice. I wanna read a book. You're hurting me!" I groaned and jammed the bottle into his mouth to shush him.

I dropped him on the floor with a thump and fled downstairs. I had work to do. I raised my hand and pointed to corner of the room. A guest's room appeared and I closed the door. Then I realized there were pictures of Sakura with her boyfriend, Yaozuki. Oh boy. We cannot have this here with her "married to Syaoran" supposedly. I ran to Sakura and tugged her hand. "Aunty! Aunty! Who that man?" I asked pointing to the picture of her and Yaozuki. Sakura sweatdropped. "Oh dear." She said and then ran throughout the house hiding every picture of Yaozumi she could find. Syaoran sat on the couch and I jumped into his lap. "So I get to call you daddy?" I asked. Syaoran flinched, "I never thought I'd hear that word coming out of a child's mouth directed at me. But yes. I guess so." I hugged him calling him daddy. Then I did the same thing with Sakura. Everything was right! The judges should be arriving pretty soon.

Suppi, I found had finally managed to get the bonnet off his head. Suppi! I whirled around. He looked weird. I cracked my knuckles and walked toward him and his eyes widened. "NO! YOU, stay away. Everytime you see me I get hurt somehow!" I grinned. I was gonna enjoy this. "Physically or mentally?" I challenged. Suppi wailed and flew from the room. How could I miss a shot like that? I zapped his wings so he fell and pointed again. He began to change. There was a yowl and he changed into a black cat with a maroon ribbon. I giggled when he pouted.

That afternoon, the judge arrived. He was one of those funny guys. The moment he saw me he picked me up and tossed me into the air like he knew me forever. If this is what he was like in public, picking up every kid he didn't know, this guy had to be locked up! But despite how much he disgusted me I forced a laugh of joy. Syaoran obviously didn't like the guy either because he scowled at him behind his back. His name was Kosuka Ino. He was a brown haired man in his late thirties. He was thin and had a mustache. The look that he gave me with his blue eyes gave me the goosebumps. But I was willing to go along with the plan. I had to.

Aunt Sakura made a wonderful dinner that night of spaghetti and meatballs. Ha! Suppi nudged me under the table. It was the first time in his life that he had to beg for table scraps! "Beg boy. Come on and beg." I snickered quietly. A sharp pain went into my ankle and I bit the inside of my mouth. The little rat bit me! I kicked out and hit something soft. The cup rattled and there was a THUD! at the table. My face turned red and I tried not to laugh. Kosuka looked under the table and found nothing. I laughed and the discussion the grown-ups had turned to me. "So, little girl what is your name?" Kosuka asked me. "Sakura H-Li. But everyone gets me mixed up with my mom. So they call me Mina." I said brightly. "You don't look like your parents, Mina." He said uncertainly. "I'm adopted." I said simply. "My mom was born without a uterus. She always said the mailman dropped me on the naked in a diaper." [the womb] Sakura choked on a noodle and Syaoran patted her on the back.

"Are you happy here?" he asked me. "Yup! Especially when daddy kisses mommy. Well I catch them kissing. Daddy says it's because they've been through so much and they belong to each other." I answered and glanced hoping for the right effect. Sakura was blushing. Syaoran was lost in deep thought. Good. They were thinking about what happened. When dinner was finished, I ran upstairs as fast as I could and unhooked the phone. Just incase Sakura's boyfriend decided to call her. When we were sure that he was asleep Syaoran asked where he would sleep. I grinned, "You have to sleep with mommy, daddy!" I said like it was obvious.

Syaoran's eyes widened. "What?!" he snapped and he turned red as a tomato. I love it when he blushes. It makes me feel like I'm doing so well. Then without another word I went to bed. I had a lot to think about. Tonight I was locked in at home. I'd have to show Sakura and Syaoran how wonderful it was to be a kid. Meaning I'd show them how happy having a child would make a couple. And how much trouble a kid could get into that made them more worthwhile. This was going to be fun. I thought as I settled to fall asleep.