Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Inevitable ❯ And So It Begins ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Inevitable
By DarkHeart
 
Disclaimer: I do not own CCS or its characters; I'm just using them. However, some of the characters in this story have been made up by muah! Of course the events and plot or whatever are mine too!
 
Alright, I changed the naming technique. Some people were getting confused, so I decided to change it. Here it is: in narration, the REAL names will be used. However, when others are talking and stuff, the SWITCHED names will be used. I hope this is better =)
 
Note: Real names will be used all the time except when people are talking.

Chapter 2: “And SoIt Begins
 
Mitsuki Uzamaki descended the stairs, her face a sickly pale. Just the night before, she had removed Syaoran's necklace and put it on her own son's. Now, she could only hope that everything would go smoothly. As she finally arrived in the kitchen with the two babies, a few of the maids came up to her to greet their young master.
 
“Now, don't you look well today Mr. Syaoran Li,” said Aya, the youngest of the maids. Her long yellow hair fell below her waist and her light blue eyes sparkled in the morning light. She definitely was the prettiest of the bunch, but her mouth was the worst.
 
“Well look here,” she continued, addressing Mitsuki now, “Don't you look absolutely dreadful this morning; even more so than usual. What on earth happened to your face? And those clothes…you pathetic creature.”
 
“Cut it out Aya,” said one of the older, nicer maids named Umeko.
 
Mitsuki stayed silent; she had gotten used to this girl's crude comments. She couldn't help but think that the girl was right though, she needed to get new clothes. She still wore the torn shirt and jeans from the day she arrived in Azeyre. She put the two boys down and prepared their breakfast. When she returned to the dining room, Aya was holding up Kashima, thinking he was Syaoran. Mitsuki immediately started getting nervous as the group of maids touched and adored who they thought was their young master.
 
“Wait a minute,” said one maid, confused, “Didn't Syaoran Li have brown eyes?”
 
Mitsuki's heart leaped as she prepared for what to do next. She opened her mouth in an attempt to say something, “Ah…”
 
However, she was cut off by Aya. “Oh come, come now,” she said, all haughtily, “Our young master has always had black eyes, just like his mother. The little twerp over there has brown eyes like his mother”, she said, putting a disgusted tone on the words `his mother'. The other maids agreed with her. Mitsuki let out a sigh of relief. Good. Now that the maids all believed Syaoran to be Kashima and the other way around, it wouldn't be a problem fooling everyone else.
 
And so it began. Mitsuki was successful in switching the boys' identities…and everyone was fooled. Days…weeks…months…and years passed by. Yelan's case finally closed and the murderer was jailed. Mitsuki didn't really hear what happened…something about an affair. As for the boys, they both grew up together; one was loved while the other was neglected. In the beginning, they were inseparable.
 
--------------- 5 years later ---------------
 
A five-year old Kashima dashed toward the park with Syaoran running behind him. Although their hair shades were similar when they were young, Kashima's hair was gradually becoming darker. They abruptly came to a halt in front of the lake and turned to look at each other.
 
“You go in first,” ordered Kashima, looking down at his reflection in the water.
Syaoran shook his head, “We're going to get in trouble. We should go back Syaoran!”
“I'm older than you by two weeks! I'm bigger!” Kashima put his hands on his hips and held his head up high, “You have to listen to me.”
Syaoran looked down with a sad expression, “Ok. But my mom will beat me up.”
“I'll tell her not to.”
“…Okay.”
 
Syaoran stepped closer to the lake, his legs shaking. All of a sudden, Kashima pushed him hard from the back and Syaoran fell in. Even though the water was shallow, rocks and other sharp objects were beneath the water.
 
“Kashima!” Kashima yelled, helping him up. They both looked down and saw scrapes and blood covering Syaoran's knees; Syaoran's eyes slowly started to well up.
 
“Don't worry,” Kashima said, trying to calm Syaoran down, “Your mom will help us!”
 
And so the two boys ran back home hand-in-hand. Syaoran was sniffing and wailing while Kashima was doing his best to comfort him. When they finally reached home, Kashima ran up to the door and pounded on it frantically. Umeko opened the door and her eyes widened in shock at Syaoran's knees.
 
“You poor thing!” She spoke worriedly, lifting Syaoran into her arms and taking him inside. As Umeko nursed Syaoran's wounds, Kashima was telling her what had happened.
 
“We were starting to get worried,” Umeko stated, “whose idea was it to go scampering into the park anyway?” She raised her eyebrow and looked at both boys.
 
At first, Kashima pointed toward Syaoran. When Syaoran looked down with a worried expression, Kashima pointed to himself.
 
“It was my idea!” Kashima pouted, “I was bored.”
 
As Umeko opened her mouth to speak Mitsuki came running down the stairs. She glanced at Kashima and then at…Syaoran. Her eyes narrowed as she approached the trio.
 
“Thank you, Umeko,” Mitsuki said, bowing, “I'll take it from here.”
“No problem,” Umeko smiled and looked at Syaoran, “You watch out now! That wound will heal soon so don't worry sweetie.”
 
As soon as Umeko left the room, Mitsuki grabbed Syaoran by the arm and dragged him up the stairs. Kashima ran behind her, hoping she wouldn't loose her temper. Mitsuki threw Syaoran into the room and Kashima followed in behind. After shutting the door, Mitsuki slowly turned around and gave Syaoran a deadly look.
 
“You…this was all your fault wasn't it?” She asked, her voice ice cold.
Syaoran violently shook his head.
“You ungrateful little thing!” She yelled, slapping Syaoran across the face, causing him to fall against the floor.
Syaoran whimpered and moved back.
“DON'T YOU DARE GET AWAY FROM ME!” She yelled, her cheeks becoming red with anger.
 
“Stop, Mitsuki!” hollered Kashima, attempting to pull her away from Syaoran and cease her beatings. When he realized that Mitsuki wouldn't budge, he immediately ran out of the room and through the long hallways to reach his father's office. His father constantly went on business trips, so they rarely spoke to each other. Even though Kashima didn't know or talk much to his father, he knew he'd help somehow.
 
Pushing the door open, he yelled, “DAD!! Mitsuki is hitting Kashima,” his eyes filled with concern as he ran up to his father who was sitting on the office chair. At the moment Kashima placed his hand onto his father's knee, he received a great blow and went flying across the room.
 
“You noisy scoundrel!” his father roared, glowering at who he thought to be his son, “No one disturbs me when I'm working!”
 
Tears fell, one by one, down Kashima's face as he silently cried. Knees shaking, he stood up and made his way slowly toward the door.
“Be more like Kashima,” Kashima heard his father saying as he walked out, “Don't make loud noises, do what you're told, and stay out of my office! You're nothing but a pesky…”
His dad's voice slowly faded away as Kashima walked farther and farther away from the office. He suddenly bumped into someone and looked up to find Mitsuki gazing down at him.
 
“My poor child,” she said, lifting him into her arms, “This is all Kashima's fault. Everything is his fault, don't cry. Your ungrateful father and my bothersome son are to blame for everything!”
 
She held Kashima closer and walked down the stairs to give him some dessert. Meanwhile, inside Mitsuki's room, Syaoran sat in the corner behind the bed crying his eyes out.
 
And that's how it all started. Kashima's hatred for Syaoran grew day by day. His father's daily callousness and Mitsuki's abuse toward Syaoran only made things worse. When the boys started attending Kindergarten, Kashima learned from the other kids that Mitsuki and Syaoran were mere `slaves'. As a result, Syaoran endured bullying, mockery, and isolation. Kashima's behavior toward Mitsuki worsened; he scorned at and looked down on her. This carried on throughout first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh grade. Eventually, when the boys were in seventh grade, Mitsuki couldn't tolerate Kashima's attitude anymore. She couldn't bear to see her own son torturing and ridiculing her.
 
Knowing that her son would be safe since he was thought to be the heir to the Li family, she disappeared from the house without a word. As for Syaoran, Mitsuki didn't care what happened to him. When Mr. Li was informed of Mitsuki's disappearance, he didn't seem to care at all. In fact, he just shrugged it off and went back to doing his own work. He didn't give orders for anything to happen to Syaoran and didn't do anything when he saw Syaoran continuing to live in the house. Thus, Umeko made sure that Syaoran continued to get a good education and let him stay in the Li household.
 
 
--------------- 4 years later ---------------
 
It was a Monday afternoon, and the hallways of Azeyre High were crowded. The lunch bell rang and many groups of kids were chitchatting away. Amongst the crowd, one young man was alone, keeping to himself and walking out of the school. He was a tall, well-built teenager who drew attention with his presence; especially the girls'. His chocolate brown messy hair fell right above his ears and his dark brown eyes were fixed on the ground ahead of him. The teen stood out from the crowd of people. His clothes had no variety of color; just black. He wore black baggy jeans and a black t-shirt. His shoes were black with sliver symbols on the side. As he stepped out of the school, he ran his hand through his hair, trying to get the bangs out of his eyes. As he made his way across the field, students spoke without even thinking about him listening.
 
“Look, it's the loner.”
“Where is he going?”
“He never eats here; he always disappears.”
“He'll be in for a surprise after his meal.”
“Whoa…dude…what did you do? That's one evil smile.”
 
Syaoran Li walked on, ignoring the remarks from others. It was another day in Azeyre High, and things never changed.
 
 
END!
 
Yayyy! I finally finished Chapter 2. They're in High School now 0_0 Haha. Things will get interesting…
If you guys read the story, please leave a review. I'd really appreciate it ^_^