Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Inevitable ❯ Yo! Charley Chuckles! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Inevitable
By DarkHeart
 
Disclaimer: I do not own CCS or its characters; I'm just using them. However, some of the characters in this story have been made up by muah! Of course,the events and plot or whatever are mine too!
 
Note: Real names will be used all the time. Switched names will be used in dialogue when others talk.

Chapter 3: “Yo!Charley Chuckles!
 
It was midday on a Monday in September and the sky was clear. Syaoran Li had just left the school grounds and was now taking his usual route during lunch time. He looked ahead, waiting for the usual to occur. Surprisingly, he didn't see a single person on the sidewalk ahead. He slowly lowered his head and positioned his eyes to the ground. In an instant, Syaoran was knocked off his feet with his face on the ground.
 
“Loser,” spat a voice, laughing hysterically. The source of the voice emerged from the bushes at the side. He was a relatively short teenager, 5'3”, with dark green hair falling to his shoulders. He was unusually dressed for the chilly weather that day: a plain white vest with the zipper open, long jean shorts, and white sandals.
 
The boy's bright green eyes met with Syaoran's eyes, “Enjoying the view down there, Kashima?”
 
Syaoran slowly stood up from the ground and began dusting his clothes.
 
“Rei, give the guy a break.”
 
Syaoran turned to look at where the voice had come from - three more figures appeared from the bushes. On the left side, an extremely tall boy, 6'3”, yawned lazily and seemed to be searching for something in the sky with his dark red eyes. He was wearing a long-sleeved white shirt with a short-sleeved red checkered shirt over it. With it, he wore dark blue jeans and plain black sneakers. Out of boredom, he lifted a fallen leaf and laid it on top of his short, spiky, crimson hair; he was definitely a beautiful sight to behold.
 
Standing on the right side was a 5'7” teen with long orange hair tied up in a high pony. He had extraordinary bright, yellow eyes and pale skin. He wore a full-sleeved golden shirt with a long, light brown jacket over it. Along with this, he wore tight, black, girl jeans and black shoes.
 
In the center was Syaoran's worst enemy - Kashima Uzamaki. Kashima's height, 5'11”, was 2 inches more than Syaoran's and his hair came right below his ears. His former brown hair had become so dark that it looked black now. On his right ear, a silver loop earring glittered in the sun; strange carvings were engraved within the jewelry piece. He wore dark brown, baggy jeans to match the brown band he wore on his head. His shirt was long-sleeved and light brown with a single black stripe running across the center. He stepped up to Syaoran with his black sneakers and threw a hard punch right at his stomach; Syaoran knelt over in pain.
 
“Thought we wouldn't come today, huh?” Kashima asked, grinning.
“Yeah,” echoed Rei, “Thought we wouldn't come today, huh?”
“Rei,” said the red head, “Shut up.”
“You stay out of this Sano,” replied Rei, “Syaoran and I know what we're doing.”

When Syaoran started standing up straight again, Kashima quickly stuck out his leg and tripped him.
 
“Stay there,” Kashima threatened, “Unless you WANT to feel more pain.”
“Yeah,” mimicked Rei, “Unless you WANT to feel mo…”
“Rei, shut your mouth,” Sano cut him off, “Syaoran, that's enough. I'm hungry.”
“Alright,” Kashima sighed, “Let's get outta here.”
 
“Dude,” whined Rei, “I'm getting cold.”
“It's your own fault,” replied Kashima, “You're an idiot wearing those kinds of clothes.”
“Well, it's not my fault! If you had awesome abs like these, you'd want to show them off too!!”
 
As the group of boys walked away from Syaoran, he attempted to stand back up. He started walking again and suddenly held his stomach; Kashima's punches always had nasty after effects. When Syaoran arrived at the park, he took his usual seat and sat down. The area he sat at was a peaceful one and people barely went there. He took out his lunch, only a water bottle and an apple, and started eating. After he finished his lunch, Syaoran lay down on the grass to rest a little; he was feeling a little drowsy…
 
 
 
“bsshhtyfHey…bsshhtyfkid…”
It smelled weird.
“Are…y….kay…”
It smelled like metal, garbage, dirt, smoke, the earth…
“HEY!”
 
Syaoran slowly opened his eyes. His vision was blurry. There was a black figure…tall figure…long hair…that body…a girl? His sight was slowly coming back.
 
“Oh! You're awake!”
 
Syaoran looked up at the person's face - it was a girl. She had shoulder-length black hair tied up in a high pony. Her clothes were all red and black: black baggy jeans, a red t-shirt, a short black vest, black sneakers and a red cap. She stuck out a hand which was adorned with a black fingerless glove, “Come on. I'll help ya up.”
 
Syaoran rubbed his eyes…his water was probably spiked or something. He must've…walked here without knowing what was going on. His head was muddled and his body ached. A glance around told him he was in an alley. Ignoring the girl's hand, he pushed himself up from the ground. He suddenly got dizzy; the girl helped him steady himself.
 
“Don't worry buddy,” she whispered, “I won't eat you.”
 
Syaoran pushed away from her and stepped back. Who the heck was she? And what was she doing in a place like this?
 
“Fine,” she mumbled, “I won't help you then.” With that, she turned around and took a few steps away from him. Then, she sat down with her legs crossed and started…meditating? Opening one eye, she quickly glanced at Syaoran and then closed the eye again.
 
“Wondering what I'm doing?” she asked, smiling, “I found this place just now…and it's awesome!” She stood up and faced Syaoran, “I thought I'd clear my mind before continuing with the day. Is that why you were here?”
 
“……….” Syaoran pushed past the strange girl and walked out of the alley.
“Don't worry!” She yelled from behind him, “I won't tell anyone about your little secret!” After she spoke, he heard her burst out laughing. He quickly got out of that area.
 
 
As he made his way back to school, Syaoran glanced at his watch - he already missed half of his next class! He quickly switched from walking to running. Great, only a week into school and he was late for class. When Syaoran eventually got to school, he managed to catch the last 10 minutes of class along with a detention. Ah well, he hated English anyway…but detention…
 
He tried to stop thinking about it once he got to Chemistry class. Syaoran took his seat at the back left corner. As usual, he was the first one there. Everyone else seemed to have this disease which made them stay in the hallways and jabber away. Finally, when the bell rang, the classroom was full.
 
“Alright class,” Mr. Anzai began, “We have someone new joining us today. I'd like you all to give a warm welcome to Natsumi Ijima.”
“Hey kids,” said Natsumi, beaming, “It's nice to be here.”
 
Syaoran was looking down the whole time thinking about how stupid she sounded. He lifted his eyes to see the girl and then suddenly froze. She looked familiar…wasn't she…the girl from the alley?
 
“Natsumi,” Mr. Anzai pointed to one of the front seats, “You can take a seat next to Megumi Ishida there.”
“Yes sir.”
“Here, take the textbook with you.”
“Yes sir.”
“Everyone, pass up your homework to the front.”
 
When all the homework was collected and everyone was settled in, Mr. Anzai began, “Who would like to read the opening paragraph to the new chapter?” A couple of kids raised their hands.
 
“Kashima,” Mr. Anzai smiled, “Why don't you do us the honor?”
 
Syaoran cursed in his head and opened up to the page. However, even before he could speak, somebody else cut in,
 
“Hey!!” Everyone stared at Natsumi as she stood up from her seat to face Syaoran, “You're the kid from before!” She shouted across the room, “You go to MY school!? That is so awesome! Don't worry, I didn't tell anyone your secret.” She put on a massive grin as if it was something to be proud of. Everyone looked at Syaoran, utterly confused. Just then, another voice joined in,
“Aww…looks like Kashima's got a friend,” Kashima snorted, “Did you pay her to talk to you or something? Wait, you're too poor to offer a good amount.”
 
Syaoran ignored Kashima who was sitting in the first seat of the same row.
 
“Now, now,” said Mr. Anzai, nervously, “Let's not get out of control.”
“Are you making fun of me?” Natsumi asked, raising an eyebrow, “Or are you making fun of my buddy back there?”
“Both,” replied Kashima.
“Well, you know what?” she snapped, “You better stop before I beat you and send you to the goon!”
“What?” Kashima asked, confused, “Calm down there princess; I wouldn't want to hurt you.”
 
“Syaoran! You already have a bad record, don't make me mad!” Mr. Anzai was getting angry now, “Natsumi! This is an extremely bad first impression! May I ask you why you weren't here for homeroom or any of the classes before this?”
 
“Heh,” Natsumi scratched her head, sitting back down, “That's because this is the first class I'm attending today. I was kinda sorta busy you see…”
 
And that's how Chemistry class began. As if it wasn't bad enough with Kashima, class became even more difficult because of Natsumi. Every now and then, Kashima and Natsumi would get into small stupid quarrels and disturb the class. Syaoran's bitterness increased when Mr. Anzai made Syaoran and Natsumi pair up as lab partners. Of course, Natsumi was ecstatic. After Chemistry, Syaoran seemed to calm down a little. His next class was something he always enjoyed. It was a class without stupid and noisy students. Most of all, it was a subject that Syaoran enjoyed - math.
 
Syaoran walked into his AP Calculus class and took his seat all the way in the front. This was the only class in which he put all his effort into. It was comfortable for him because the teacher never picked on him to talk, read, or answer questions. The class consisted of only 14 kids, so the room never got loud. The calculus teacher, Mrs. Iseki, started class by taking attendance.
 
“Ah,” She began, “I almost forgot! We have a new student today.”
 
For some awkward reason, a slight chill went down Syaoran's back. He slowly lifted his eyes, dreading what he would see. There she was - Natsumi Ijima, in the flesh. Great…
 
“Please welcome, Natsumi Ijima,” Mrs. Iseki smiled, beckoning her inside.
“Oh!” Natsumi spotted Syaoran, “It's you again!” She smiled and took a seat right behind him, “I love math! Now this class will be even more fun with you around.”
 
This girl couldn't take a hint. No matter how much Syaoran ignored her, she'd continue talking to him. Throughout class, the question kept popping into Syaoran's head, `How could someone as dimwitted as her be in an AP class?!'
 
Calculus went by smoothly for the most part. Natsumi still opened her mouth now and then, but when it came to doing work she stayed quiet.
 
“Alright,” Mrs. Iseki looked around the class one more time, “No one got the answer for number 14?”
“Hey,” Natsumi whispered to Syaoran in the front, “Did you get it?”
Bending over, she saw that Syaoran had worked out the problem and gotten an answer for it - the nagging commenced.
 
“Come on,” she urged him quietly, “Raise your hand.”
“……”
“Are you afraid it'll be wrong? It doesn't hurt to try!”
“…….”
“Alright, I'll raise your hand for you.”
 
Syaoran quickly put his hands out of her reach and prevented her from pulling his arm. Eventually, Mrs. Iseki worked the problem out on the board and came up with the solution.
 
“He had that answer.”
 
Everyone looked at Natsumi who was pointing to Syaoran. Yup, it happened every time Syaoran got the answer to a problem which no one else understood. However, Syaoran managed to successfully ignore her.
 
After a long day of school, Syaoran strode across the field, thankful to finally go home.
 
“KASHIMA!!”
“……”
“WAIT UP!”
“……”
 
He suddenly picked up the pace, determined to get away from her.
 
“KASHIMA UZAMAKI!”
“……”
“MR. KASHIMA UZAMAKI!”
“……”
 
What was wrong with her? Normally, girls wouldn't talk to Syaoran because of Kashima. If there were girls who spoke to him, they got all upset when he ignored them. They'd curse him out and leave. This girl was just….weird. Syaoran increased his speed when he heard her catching up.
 
“Yo! Charley Chuckles!”
 
Syaoran suddenly stopped walking. What the heck? He slowly turned around and almost jumped. She was standing right behind him.
 
“I thought you didn't hear me,” she laughed, “You have detention today, don't you? I do too!!”
 
“………………..”
 
 
END!
 
Alright, Chapter 3 is finished! For those of you confused, don't worry! Sakura will be making her entrance ;)
 
Please leave a review…thanks!