Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Last Time ❯ Life vs. Death ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Detective Conan, all characters belong to Gosho Aoyama.

Chapter 4: Life vs. Death

"So, have you decided yet, Ran? You know I love you…" That voice kept playing over in Ran head. Shinichi? Are you Shinichi? Ran shook her head. She couldn't focus on anything. Her mind was blurred and her eyes too. Professor Agasa had also been found dead in his house last night and Haibara Ai had mysteriously disappeared from the house.* She couldn't see anything besides darkness all around her. Is this a dream? The only that she was able to see was darkness. Ran sighed. I can't change anything, so I'll just have to live thorough it. Hattori and Shinichi both died to protect us. So did ProfessorI guess Shinichi knew all this would happen, but they decided to protect us, instead of hide. You're so brave, Shinichi, I really wish I could be like youI want you here with meit's all my fault

"My sweetheart, don't blame yourself. This had nothing to do with you. Be happy, please. I don't like to see you cry." There it was again. That voice, it was just like Shinichi's. Shinichi?

"Doesn't matter whom we are, neechan, just be happy." Huh? Hattori? "Be happy and tell Kazuha I love her. I never had the chance to say that…"

"Ran…later…love you…" the voice faded. No! Shinichi, don't leave me again. No! Ran woke up sweating and screaming.

"It was only a dream…" she sighed. She lay back down but sat right back up again as Kogoro burst into her room.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he sat down on her bed.

"Oh, it was just a bad dream."

"About Kudo and Hattori again?"

"Yeah…" She had been having these dreams for a few days already.

"I'm sorry, Ran."

"Dad?"

"Ran, I really can't help you with anything…but what I CAN do is to…ask your mother to come back…if that would help you…" Kogoro blushed.

"Dad…thank you…I know mother would be ready to forgive you now…" Ran smiled and hugged her father.

"Also…umm, Ran…this may be one of the only times I'm agreeing with that detective, but please live…umm, I just don't want you to die because of someone else…"

"Don't worry, dad. I'm alright now, please go back to sleep."

"Alright, but don't dream again and if you do, just yell for me," he got and smiled. Then he nodded and walked out of the room, closing the door lightly behind him.

Ran lay back down in bed and fell asleep right away.

The next morning, Ran woke up as if she couldn't be any better. She was happy and she had decided. She had made the hardest decision she would ever make. Today was Sunday, so there was no school. Ran made breakfast for her father, checked her watch to find it only 7:30am, decided to go somewhere. She left a note for her father and left. Ran took the subway to a nearby flower shop, bought to bouquets of flowers and headed for the graveyard.

When she reached the two newest graves side by side, she bent down to place the flowers on the floor. Then she stood up again and said, "Thank you for being there for me. I'll always love you. I will live, Shinichi, for you…and my friends and family…" Ran nodded and left. As she was leaving, there was a voice.

"Good luck, Ran…love you always…" I love you too, Shinichi. Ran smiled and continued walking. She wanted to talk to Shinichi's parents.

As Ran neared the house, she saw someone standing in front of the house. It was boy about her age. Although he looked a bit like Shinichi, he was definitely not him. As Ran approached him, he turned and smiled at her.

"Hi there."

"Hi," Ran nodded and smiled, "you waiting for someone?"

"How'd you know that?" The boy was surprised.

"You were looking at your watch a lot while I approached…" Ran said.

"Well, you've got good eyes." He winked at her.

"Not really, it's just that…"

"That?"

"I had a boyfriend who was a detective, but he died." Ran sighed. "I feel so stupid. I should have been nicer to him when I could…"

"Well, you're kind of like me…" Ran looked up, surprised.

"I had a girlfriend and we'd used to pass by here everyday on the way to school, but she died in a car accident a year ago. I still can't forget her, so I come here sometimes as if she was still alive." He sighed. "We're all so stupid…"

Ran smiled and punched him lightly on the shoulder. "You better cheer up or I knock your head off."

"Huh, what?"

"Like this!" Ran kicked at his head but stopped an inch from it. "I'm just joking. This is what I used to do to my boyfriend, no fiancé, all the time. I'm not sure he always thought of this as a joke…even if we were getting married…" Ran smiled. "I really do love him…"

"Oh, by the way, my name is Kanta Shindo." The boy took out a card. "This is my business card. Call me." He nodded, smiled and walked away. Then he turned around, "I never got to ask your name."

"It's Mouri Ran."

The boy smiled and waved, "Nice name. I'll be looking forward to your call."

*You should know that Ai was Sherry, but if you didn't you know now. So she ran away, but now she was forced to go back. Agasa was killed since he also knew about Shinichi's encounter with the organization. Shinichi's parents weren't killed because they were traveling around the world and the organization didn't know they were involved.

~to be continued~

just hand in there! One more chapter and it'll be finished. I'll upload it as soon as I get the time. ^_- hope you like the ending…but if you don't, please don't get upset. Thanks, also please write a review or email me. I want to know how it is. Thanks again! ^_-