Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ Happily Ever After? ❯ Chapter 11: Return ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: You must have thought you would never see me again. I don’t know quite what happened, but this is the first time I have updated in 10 MONTHS! I don’t blame anyone who refuses to read this story now, but with better writing ability, I believe my story will have a good ending. Let’s get goin’!

Disclaimer: I don’t own Code: Lyoko now, nor will I ever.

Claimer: I do own Hope (After ten months, still can’t find a way to use her right now)

Chapter 11: Choice (Changed the title)

 

Green Meadows Mall, Elevator #3 (Last time I’m going to change scenes like this)

Bewildered, Jeremie pressed the red “Emergency Stop” button again. The result was the same as the last. Ulrich and Odd went over to the elevator doors and attempted to pry them open. They received an electric shock for their efforts. Yumi went over to the emergency phone and wasn’t surprised to find it out of service. Is this stupid thing broken?” Odd asked to no one in particular.

“Odd, you were always the stupid one,” said a somewhat evil voice form the elevator’s intercom.

“Who said that?” Odd demanded.

“Just an old friend you thought was gone,” the demonic voice replied. “And Jeremie, I feel so bad for you. You thought you were all safe when you cured Aelita and shut down the super calculator.” The voice was teeming with sarcasm. “By the way Jeremie, do you have your laptop?” Jeremie only stared at the elevator P.A. “Well, do you?” the voice asked impatiently.

“Uh..uh…ya,” Jeremie replied. In fact, the only reason Jeremie brought his computer to the mall was to have his keyboard repaired after Yumi accidentally spilled coffee on it.

“Open your computer and open your games file” Jeremie obeyed. “Now what is the name of the last program on the list?” the voice asked evilly. Jeremie scrolled down to the last program. It was called ANAX.

“I don’t understand, I didn’t install a game called ANAX,” Jeremie explained, uncharacteristically confused.

“I did. Why don’t you open it up?” Jeremie once again obeyed the voice and opened ANAX. Suddenly, A countdown timer started. ‘T-minus 10 minutes and counting’ was displayed on the screen.

“What is this a countdown for?” Aelita asked, seeing the screen.

“It’s the time left until your ultimate demise!” the voice said cunningly.

“WHAT!?!?!?” the group said in unison.

“You finally lose Jeremie Belpois, Odd Della Robbia, Ulrich Stern, Yumi Ishiyama, and Aelita Stones! You will know what it feels like to fail!”

“Who is this?” Jeremie demanded.

“My dear Jeremie, you still haven’t figured out who I am? Let me give you a clue. Do you see the ANAX program?” Jeremie looked at the screen that read: 9minutes 23 seconds. “Look at the top bar. It says ANAX doesn’t it? All you have to do, Jeremie, is to spell ANAX backwards!” Jeremie looked at the word and rearranged it in his head. ANAX > X……A……N……A, XANA!!

“It can’t be you!!!! It can’t be you, you demonic bastard!!!!!!!” Never had the group heard Jeremie swore. “How can you be back!? We shut you down weeks ago! How have you returned, XANA??

Odd was struck with horror. Ulrich punched the cool metal of the elevator wall. Yumi cursed. Aelita fell over.

“I owe an explanation to all of those still awake. As you materialized Aelita ,Jeremie, I started my emergency backup plan. I e-mailed myself to your hard drive. From there, I downloaded my seeming harmless game file that your virus blocker failed to notice. Then, I put an encrypting layer over the file so it couldn’t be opened or deleted until the time was right. All in 3 seconds. Too bad you still had your Lyoko software on your computer, otherwise I couldn’t have followed through on my plan.”

Jeremie was shocked. How could I have let this happen? How could I have been so stupid as to not notice the ANAX program. Only an idiot wouldn’t have figured out the ANAX is XANA spelled backwards! “XANA,” Ulrich started, “What is the timer for?” The timer currently read 7 minutes 42 seconds”

“Good question, Ulrich. It’s the time you have left to live or kill 3.1 billion people.”

“Explain yourself!” Ulrich demanded.

“The timer is to let you know how long you have to make your choice.”

“What do you mean” Odd asked

“You have 7 minutes and 22 seconds to decide on whether to sacrifice yourselves for the safety of Europe, North America, South America and Asia as well as your parents or to save yourselves and kill half of the world population.”

“Are you crazy? You can’t make us decide!” Odd exclaimed with horror.

“Yes I can, my dear Odd. I have taken over the nuclear warehouses of the U.S., France, China, Japan, Korea, Iran, Iraq, and Vietnam. I have 89,196 nuclear missiles at my disposal. All of them aimed at major cities and nuclear power plants spanning the globe. On the other hand………” Suddenly, a satchel charge materialized on the door. “I can blow up the very elevator you stand in. It all depends on what you choose.”

Everyone in the group looked at each other. They all knew what they had to do. Out of the blue, the purple clad boy spoke.

“XANA, I have a third option for you.”

A/N Was it a good chapter? I liked it. I’m sorry I gave you a cliffhanger, but it’s my nature. I PROMICE TO UPDATE IN A WEEK OR LESS!! Otherwise you can come to my house and blow me up with a satchel charge. Anyway, please review and I’ll see you in a week. Bye!

W.W.W. 147