Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Attraction ❯ A Fatal Love ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"I sense when we're together

the electricity that is there.

There exists a sense of fuzziness

around us everywhere.

I know how you feel about me.

It's in the way you stare.

It's the way you look into my eyes, it's the way you always care.

I feel the same way about you,

my insides burn like fire.

I can't help but feel within my soul

the burning of desire.

But it can never be, for we are enemies.

In my heart I know, this feeling I am not mistaken . . . it is love no doubt,

but we can't allow ourselves to love, for we are enemies

and I cannot mix business with pleasure."

Fatal Attraction: Chapter Three: A Fatal Love

After that meeting with Spike, Faye didn't know what had come over her that night. She shook it off and decided to continue with her mission. The following day she met Spike at the normal spot with her bags packed and ready to go. She saw him walk up to her with a grin and instantly realized he had made her nervous. "Why do I get these weird sensations whenever he's around me?" she asked herself.

"I see you're all set and ready to go". He reached down and picked up her luggage and led the way. During the walk Spike did most of the talking while Faye kept herself at ease. Finally, what seemed to be a twenty-minute walk, she saw a large old ship that read "Bebop" with red paint written on the side of it. "I know it looks like a piece of shit but Jet has done a great job maintaining the inside".

"Can't say the same about the outside", she muttered. She followed Spike into the Bebop and noticed that what he had said earlier had been true. Everything was maintained well and not to mention organized. She was led down a corridor and finally came to what seemed to be the living room.

Spike set her luggage down and looked around. "Jet", he called. "He's probably in his bonsai room trimming some pathetic trees . . . JET! Where the hell are you".

"Damn it Spike I'm not deaf", he said and walked into the living room. He was a man who was half bald, did have a mechanical arm, and was surprising in good health.

"I'd like you to meet Faye Valentine, Faye this is Jet Black", Spike introduced them.

"Well well Spike I must hand it to you, you sure know how to pick them", he lifted Faye's hand and kissed it. "It'll be a great pleasure to work with you. And if this jerk over here", he indicated to Spike, "gets on your nerves you just tell me and we'll kick his ass off the Bebop", he kissed her hand once more.

"Alright alright Jet, she gets the picture. But I won't mind the ass kicking part anyhow, I'll lead you to your room Faye". Spike took her luggage into an empty plain normal sized room that had a window with a glorious view, bed, shelves, dressers, and a lamp that was on top of a bed stand. "This room isn't much now but I'm sure it'll change within the weeks. Oh and Faye remember, if you get lonesome for some reason my room is just down the hall to the right, it'll always be open for you", he left with a wink.

"Yeah I'll keep that in mind Cowboy", she answered. Faye then lifted a briefcase, which she flopped onto the bed. One the side of the briefcase was a lock which she had to manually unlocked, she then opened the briefcase however instead of it being a normal case, which carried clothing, a laptop was displayed and she immediately greeted with the face of the supreme elder. "Hello Elder".

"Valentine", he simply said. "How are things?"

"I'm in. Mission has started as scheduled".

A month or so had gone by since Faye had moved in with the fellas. She had had the pleasure of going after their first bounty hunt together and she loved it. She loved the rush and unexpectable scenarios that would occur, but most of all she loved the company, Spike. For some odd reason he had finally grew on her, now that was a problem. He's smart but stupid, handsome but had a huge ego, quiet but mysterious; and what worried her the most was that she found herself actually attracted to him. Of course she never attempted to herself but the feeling was definitely there. However, she couldn't deny that the main reason she was here was because of her syndicate. Her syndicate? Did she really belong to them? Sure, they had taken her in when she decided to join and when didn't have a place to go, or in other words couldn't remember if she had a place to go, not after she was brought back from the previous state she was in, her cryogenic state. In addition, they had paid off all of her debts, so in a sense, though she hated to attempt it she did belong to them. But, what about her? What of her feelings that she now harvested for Spike? What will happen will the time came when he would have to find out who she really was?

Faye shook those thoughts out of her mind as she now sat on the yellow couch of the Bebop. She glanced at her watch that now read 7:30pm. It was too early to go to bed and too late to go out, as thought as she glanced at what she was wearing, which was a white tank top and a pair of green pajama pants that did bring out her eyes beautifully. She stretched out, got off the couch, and walked down the hallway with the thought of taking a long hot bath however, as passed by the training room she saw Spike delivering a series of punches and kicks toward the punching bag. She stood against the frame of the door and took the opportunity to observe the sweat that traveled down his forehead, back, and chest. Spike didn't even notice her presence until she decided to speak up when she noticed that Spike had stopped to swipe off the sweat on his forehead.

"I see you have given up Cowboy, tried already?"

Spike smirked. "Well Faye, a person usually is tried when they have practiced for two hours straight nonstop".

Faye stood there as she examined her fingernails. "If I were you I won't have given up".

"Is that a bet Valentine?" He asked as he arched his eyebrow.

Faye now walked onto the mat "Take it however you want Spiegel. But there's one thing I'm going to warn you and that is to never under estimate me".

"With that said and now that I'm warmed up this shouldn't take more than five minutes". He then stood in a right neutral bow, as did Faye. "At this point I would usually toss a coin to see who would give the first strike . . . but being the gentleman that I am, I'll let you, being a lady, go first".

"Well, me being the `lady' I'll take that offer". Faye delivered a right punch, swirled beside Spike, elbowed him with her left elbow, and flipped him over onto his back. Spike grabbed her small frame waist and threw her over his head. She then decided to give Spike a left hook kick however decided against it and delivered a sweep kick instead sending Spike falling onto his back with a loud "thump".

Faye then climbed on top of Spike and whispered, "I told you never to under estimate me", she then smiled.

Spike then quickly flipped her onto her back so that she was the one who was lying underneath him. "Let me ask you one question Faye: Who now has the upper hand?" he whispered huskily and tenderly into her ear.

Faye's heart started to pound deeply. "What is this feeling coming over me? Is this . . . no wait I couldn't have possibly fallen in love with my target. It's just not possible," she thought to herself. Faye quickly shook those feelings away and lightly pushed Spike off of her. "Okay Spike, you win", with that said she made her way back into the living room, with Spike hot in pursuit.

Faye was now in the living room sitting on the couch and felt the pressure of her own feelings too overwhelming for her to handle so she started to massage her temples with her fingertips. A few minutes had past when Faye suddenly felt a pair of rough hands upon her shoulders, massaging her gently.

"I see someone is having a stressful day", Spike whispered into her ear softly and kissed her neck.

"Spike", she said. "What are you doing?"

"I've come to claim my prize". He then leaned in wanting to kiss her. They were now only centimeters apart from each other that Faye could feel his hot breath against her lips as her heart began to pound faster and harder. "I've never realized the beauty of love, until I was caught in it", those were the last words spoken before they kissed. It was soft and tender however, it soon grew to passionate kisses.

The kisses sent chills down Faye's spine and set her lips on fire. "Why am I falling in love you? I try and try to fight it, but soon I won't be able to hide it", she thought as he sent kisses around her jaw bone, down her neck line, and back up to her lips. "I don't know what the future holds for us. I try and forget who and what we are, enemies. So many thoughts run in my head, this is wrong I know that but, why is that this feels so right? May it's because whenever I'm with you I know I can never go wrong". His kisses help her relax and his words help her breathe.

Spike gently pushed Faye down on the couch so that she was lying underneath him. Slowly the passion and lust were starting to show as he hugged her tighter to him, of that was possible, and began to drive his arms up and down her sides. As for Faye she dug one hand in his fluffy green hair as the other traveled down his well-toned chest. "You are the fire that burns the passion within my soul Faye", he said. This just made her fight even harder between her emotions.

Just as their passion was getting even more heated Faye's communicator, the watch, sounded off. Both broke their embrace. She glanced down and realized it was the syndicate contacting her once again. "Damn it", she cursed.

"You can answer that later so we can continue where we left off", said Spike with a grin.

"I'm sorry but I can't", with that said she left the living room.

Once inside her bedroom she made sure her door was locked, opened her briefcase, and dialed some numbers on her laptop. She didn't have to wait that long before her screen appeared with a very furious Supreme Elder.

"Miss Valentine where the hell have you been? I've been waiting for centuries for your report!" he exaggerated.

"Forgive me Supreme Elder I -"

"Skip the apologies and go directly to the point. Have you found Spiegel yet?"

"Yes but -"

"When can you deliver him to us?"

"That's what I was about to mention. Right now isn't the best moment for -"

"The hell it isn't! I had a locater built into your communicator so I would know exactly where you were at all times. Tomorrow around noon I'm sending a group, under my son's control, to come to your aid. Once they get there the agents will be under your orders and you are to make sure Spiegel comes quietly . . . if necessary you have my permission to deliver him harmed but not dead. You do understand don't you?"

Faye hesitated a moment before she answered. "Yes . . . of course. Tomorrow at noon I will deliver Spiegel . . . as promised".