Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Attraction ❯ Blinded By Love ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

As I think about it I realize I have done nothing "Even if love is full of thorns, I'd still embrace it for I know that in between those thorns, there is a rose that's worth all the pain".

Fatal Attraction: Chapter Four: Blinded by Love

11:45am the next day . . .

Faye was sitting on the living room couch scanning through a magazine and was frequently glancing at her watch while Spike sat on a chair across the room noticed her nervousness.

"Hey you two I'm going out to the back, in other words to the hanger. The Swordfish needs some repairs and Spike I expect you to keep it in one piece from now on", Jet said.

"Hey, it wasn't by fault I flew into the explosives Decker had set up (bounty from session 6, Faye originally flew into them). How was I suppose to know he had that planned out? You know the whole story already so I won't bother repeating the story to you." Spike then turned to Faye. "You agree with me right Faye?"

But Faye was off in another world. She enjoyed the way he looked whenever he was in a heated discussion, even if he was arguing over something stupid with Jet. The way he had his lips curled and the way those discolored eyes dared anyone to defy him made her love him even more. She still debated with herself: Stay true to her mission or stay true to her heart? If she chose to stay true to her heart then that would mean she would have to confess to Spike who she really was and would risk the chance of him hating her, though he would be alive; or staying true to her mission, completely the job though, would risk the life of her love. As she continued this debate within herself she heard her name being called in a distance.

"Faye", Spike said as he waved a hand in front of her face to see if she was still in this world.

"Huh? Oh yeah, absolutely". She then glanced down at her watch once again, which now read 11:52am. As the two men continued their discussion Faye reached behind her back and felt the gun that was tucked in her pants. "Anytime, they should be arriving at any moment". She glanced at Jet and Spike. This would be easier if Jet wasn't around. Why should two people get hurt if they simply wanted one man? "Seriously Jet, why continue this stupid argument anyway? If the lunkhead honestly thinks he didn't do a damn thing wrong then why argue with him? No one is going to change his mind so why even bother? It's pointless", she said casually and went back to flipping through her magazine.

"ARGH!" exclaimed Jet. "Great, not only do I have one person against me, I now have two! I warning you Spike", he said as he turned to face him, "if you wreck up the Swordfish one more time, just once more you'll be the one who'll be paying me to work. Understand?" With that said he marched off into the hanger.

With the two of them being alone once again, Spike sat across from Faye, so very close, and brushed the bangs that hung loosely around her face. She hated it when he was near her. He always had an affect on her. "Faye, I couldn't help but notice you seem a little nervous. Still heated a bit from yesterday night, I suppose I do seem to have that affect on women". He tilted her chin upwards so he could stare into her beautiful face and those lovely green eyes of hers.

"God Spike, if loving and caring for you is a crime then I'm guilty as accused. I have no defense, the only thing I did was fall in love with you. What more can I say? I'm guilty because I fell in love with my target", her heart seem to tell Faye yet, her mind told her differently. "He's just your target, your enemy, your mission. You cannot betray the syndicate because of one man. How can you throw three years of training and loyalty to waste?" Honestly she did not know what to do. Faye ran her right hand through her short purple hair as she thought about the good times she had on this ship. For example, the many times she argued with Spike over a bounty, the many times he had gotten her out of trouble, Jet's horrible cooking, and most importantly she will always remember how she loved but hated the way Spike made her feel whenever he stared into her eyes, it was as if he could see right though her. "Damn him".

* FLASHBACK *

" . . . Once they get there the agents will be under your orders and you are to make sure Spiegel comes quietly . . . if necessary you have my permission to deliver him harmed but not dead. You do understand don't you?"

Faye hesitated a moment before she answered. "Yes . . . of course. Tomorrow at noon I will deliver Spiegel . . . as promised".

The Supreme Elder eyed her suspiciously, "Valentine, it appears that something is wrong".

"What? No, s-sir. Why would you think something like that?"

"It appears differently from where I'm sitting . . . you aren't having second thoughts about this, are you? He asked as he rubbed his chin.

Faye changed her attitude quickly, it was then that she realized she was going to follow orders, and answered with sternness, "Sir with all do respect, you yourself specifically assigned me to this mission because of my dedication, devotion, qualities, skills, and my reputation. I will complete this mission".

"Let's just hope that you do, for your sake".

* END OF FLASHBACK *

That same night Faye had gone around the ship and had unlocked all the doors to the ship in order to make it easier for the syndicate to enter, she was now waiting for them. She glanced over at Spike who was now sitting at the kitchen table exhale his smoke from a cigarette. "He honestly has no clue to what awaits him". Almost as if an answer to her thoughts she heard scratching noises coming from the outside of the ship. "They're here". Then there was a huge explosion that came from the outside of the ship, and as a result, shook the entire ship from within.

Spike fell from the seat however recovered quickly and ran to where Faye was. "Faye are you alright?" he asked as he helped her off the ground, apparently she too had fallen off the couch. "Come on we gotta get out of here", with that said he grabbed Faye by the wrist and proceeded to the hallway however was greeted with the end of a pistol held by a man who was wearing a black suit accompanied by ten more men who were also dressed the same.

"I'm sorry for the intrusion Mr. Spiegel but I have orders to bring you back alive", Brandon spoke as he continued to hold the pistol to his head.

"Is that so? Sorry to disappoint you gentlemen but it ain't happening", in a move to quick for them to stop him, Spike jumped and pulled Faye behind the couch, instantly drew his own pistol, and began firing at the men. He wanted to aim for the man who was their leader; he figured that if he wounded him therefore weakening the group. "Why the hell do they want me?" he asked himself as he peeked over the couch and fired a bullet into a man's leg and hid back behind the couch. "What difference does it make? I'm just starting to warm up". He peered once again and spotted a man reloading his own pistol, taking this advantage he fired the man and succeeded in wounding him in the rib cage. Turning his head to the right he fired aimed at the leg of a third agent, then he saw that their leader was distracted attending the wound of one of his fellow men. Spike smiled evilly as fired a bullet his way but unfortunately another man collated with the bullet, wounding him in the chest. Within minutes he was out of bullets and quickly reloaded as fast as he could, soon enough his was firing once again.

Faye, meanwhile, stared at Spike in awe. She had to admit this guy was good, too good as a matter of fact. In ten minutes Spike had managed to wound a man in the shoulder, another in the leg, one in the stomach, and a fourth in rib cage. What was she waiting for? If she didn't make her more soon this guy will sure enough kill everyone, her mission would be a failure, and the syndicate would turn their back on her; and that was something she just couldn't allow to happen. Faye pulled out her pistol and pointed it to Spike. His eyes went wide with bewilderment. "HOLD YOUR FIRE!" she commanded and immediately the agents stopped.

"What the hell is this Faye?" Spike asked angrily.

"Sorry Spiegel but I'm on their side so, if you would be so kind as to put your gun down and follow directions it'll be much appreciated", she spoke with firmness. Spike was way too stunned to react. Faye grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him up from behind the couch and then pushed him with her gun. "Go on. Walk over to my men".

"Like I said before, I demand to know what to the hell is going on here?" he said through clenched teeth.

"You're not as smart as you seem Spike", said Faye. "I am an undercover agent for the Black Snake Syndicate and was assigned to turn you over to them". It didn't take a genius to realize that Spike was now flaming with anger as he continued to stare at her, at this woman whom he came to care deeply about.

"Sorry but I don't intent to come back with you people", with that said, Spike easily kicked the gun out of Faye's hand.

"You may be the one who has the upper hand Faye but do make a note never to underestimate me, so, I suggest you reconsider your actions".

"He has something on his mind. Is he up to something?" Faye narrowed her eyes. "Spike, are you threatening me?" He didn't answer and Faye gave out a small laugh. "I should hardly think that a man in your position should challenge me".

"Well I highly suggest you consider the way you talk to anyone with that attitude, it may get you into trouble some day", Jet said as he appeared behind them holding onto two enormous machine guns; and without any warning his started to fire unexpectedly.

"Everyone get down!" Faye commanded, but unfortunately all of her men were either wounded or killed except for her and Brandon. Seeing she no longer had control of the situation she shouted another command. "Abort mission!" She then became a post for two of the wounded help to lean on and some even helped carry the dead. They left as quickly as they had come.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Faye, Brandon, and the rest of the men returned to the Black Snake Syndicate compound and kicked opened the door to the main office. There they dropped the bodies of the dead men and the wounded fell on their knees.

"Supreme Elder I -"

"What the hell is this?" he demanded.

"Father, it seems Spiegel is far more wiser than we thought", Brandon began.

"You fool of course he is! Isn't that one of the things I told you about him? Well isn't it?" He chose not to answer. "I thought so. And you Miss Valentine, don't you have anything to say for yourself?"

"No sir not a thing".

"I take full credit for what happened father. It is my fault I should have listened to her orders the first time she gave it", Brandon lied.

"Well if that's true then I'm sorry for doubting you Miss Valentine, and as for you Brandon, we'll talk later. You two are now dismissed".

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Jet softly knocked on Spike's door. "Yo Spike". No response came so he knocked a second time. "Spike? You okay buddy?" Again no response came. "I'm coming in", he said and entered the room. Jet noticed that Spike was lying on his bed with his yellow shirt unbutton and shoes and coat on the floor. "How are you feeling?"

A moment of silence passed before he chose to respond. "How do you expect me to feel Jet?" He gave a small smile and continued. "Every I close my eyes I see her face, then I remember the laughter and kisses we shared . . . it's like she . . ."

"Controls your heart?"

Spike sat up and faced him. "I didn't realized I loved her until I found out today who she really is, until the pain hit me. But now that's all changed . . . damnit, I hate her!"

"Why do you think they're after you?"

"A few years ago, when I was still part of the Red Dragon, we didn't get along with the Black Scorpion. One day they sent an attack party and I naturally killed them, apparently they want vengeance".

"I see. What do you have in mind?"

"Before the two syndicates were enemies a yearly annual dinner party was hosted and for the sake of a dispute we continued that yearly reunion when we became enemies. And if I'm not mistaken that reunion is next month, no doubt Faye will be there. . . and so will I".