Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Attraction ❯ Hearts Aflame ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Love is the greatest feeling you will ever have, yet it is also one of the greatest sorrows. There is so much suffering, but then there are times when the crying, pain, and heartache are worth it. Those moments are perfect, they are right. Those moments make all the suffering worthwhile. It's those moments we should live for".

Fatal Attraction: Chapter Five: Hearts Aflame

A Couple Weeks Later . . .

Faye Valentine was dressed in black sport bra that was outlined in a sliver - grayish color, black spandex shorts to match, white tennis shoes, and her hair was clip back to avoid any hairs that might get in her way. She was in a training room, a room that was not used to workout but was used to workout combat abilities, and was now climbing up a fake cliff that was nail to the wall. She had a tiny ear piece that she herself put in her ear just before her climbing, in case something should happen and she was needed ASAP; in addition, some wiring was strapped to her back just in case she should loose her balance and fall, but please she didn't need that! She didn't need any help because she was Faye Valentine the independent, emotionless, frisky, hard to control woman . . . or was she? Ever since the shoot out at the Bebop a few days ago Faye could no longer keep a steady thought. She was much to occupied going over the occurrence of what happened that night. Surely it was ridiculous! Since when did she feel any love towards that man? Probably since he had grown on her during their time together. "Love is blind after all", her mind spoke to her.

But enough was enough. Faye shook those thoughts out of her head and focused what was ahead of her, the cliff climbing practice. She carefully placed each hand and foot in a crack as she continued to climb up the cliff. This was good for strength, endurance, the ability to cope with stress, and believe it or not, the use of critical thinking skills. She put her left hand on the next slot, then her right foot, then her right hand, and as she was about to lift her left foot to the next available slot she nearly lost her balance. "Steady now. Just one time at a time, one foot and hand after the other", she tried to encourage herself as a drop of sweat dripped down from her forehead to the left side of her face. "That's it Faye, almost there". As she was about to move on to the next slot she heard someone on her ear piece speak out to her, "Doesn't someone look sexy in her workout clothes, especially looking at the view from behind".

"Damnit Brandon", Faye spoke back as she lost her balance and fell off. She was now being lowered to the ground with the help of the wires. Once she was on the ground she was unhooking the wires that were connected to her, she was then greeted by no other than a smiling Brandon, and she greeted him with piercing narrowing eyes.

"I see someone's loosing her concentration skills, but that can be forgiven with the body that she posses", he spoke to her as he circled her.

When Faye was done unhooking the wires she looked up at him. "I'm not amused", she then walked around him and wanted to proceed across the room when he grabbed her wrist and turned her around.

"Maybe there's something I can do to amuse you", he whispered.

Faye gave him a disgusted face and answered, "Somehow I doubt that", and yanked her hand back and continued to walk across the room. She felt like she was being watched and therefore glanced at the left corner of her eyes, sure enough she was right. She stopped and asked annoyed, "Can I help you with something Brandon?"

"I'm just trying to imagine how glorious you would look at the yearly reunion. As a matter of fact I don't suppose you would accept going to it with a handsome man now, would you?"

"Really? Actually I would so just tell me when this `handsome man' comes and believe me I'll make my appearance known", she answered sarcastically. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm heading for my room". Faye started to walk away when she stopped shortly to glance over her shoulder. "And don't you even think of following", she then walked away.

Faye's room was located on the second level that had more than 30 rooms located on it. It was a large single room that was carpeted with a dark gray color, walls were painted with a soft gray color with the edges being painted white, a queen size bed, a large window, which overlooked the compound, and a white door that led to the bathroom. It was just your regular standardized bedroom; nothing more and nothing less.

Faye locked the door behind her and automatically went to the bathroom. There she turned on the shower and adjusted the water until it was luke warm, undressed, and climbed in. She put her head in first so that the water could soak her hair and then turned around so that the water could run down her back. With her eyes closed she just stood in one place letting the water wash away the guilt she now had, in addition one man haunted her thoughts. "Damn that man, damn him", she spoke to herself.

Yet again Faye was having flashbacks of their time together. Remembering how he flirted with her, his kisses and the way he send electricity waves up her spine, which caused her heart to fire. Faye shook her head, "It's not meant to be, it's just not". With that said she grabbed a bar soap and somewhat furiously began to scrub away at her body. It was as if she were trying to wash away the memories she still had, and in a way trying to wash away the love she still held for that man, Spike Spiegel.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

The yearly annual dinner party was held at a luxurious ballroom, it was like a palace inside. The walls were a white color, the ceiling held a crystal ball that was decorated with tiny diamonds and controlled the quality of the lights, there was a staircase that was carpeted with dark blue color and was made of platinum, there was a stage where the band played soft classical music, the bar was nicely organized with every drink you could possibly think of, and last but not least both syndicates were dressed formally and stared at one another with looks that could kill. The dinner had been quiet but once the dancing started each syndicate segregated themselves.

Faye had just emerged from the bathroom and was now walking towards the bar. She was dressed in a silky red dress that fit her body perfectly, hugging every curve, not to mention it came up to her knees, wearing red heels, and pined her hair back.

"What can I get for you Miss?" the bartender asked as she sat on a stool.

"Wine please", she answered. During the past few weeks she ignored and hid the pain that had been eating at her heart. At times she had regretted what she did to Spike, then again he was her mission. Faye closed her eyes for a second and imagined the way he smirked.

"Here you go Miss", the bartender said as he placed the cup of wine in front of her.

Faye took it in her hands and took a long deep sip. She then toyed with her cup of wine by circling one finger around the edge and stared blanking ahead of her. Just then she felt a pair of hands upon her waist and someone say "You look absolutely lovely tonight". Immediately she slapped those hands off of her, "Watch the hands Brandon".

He spun the stool, which she was sitting on, so she could face him. "What I would give to have you in my arms Faye".

"You can only look cause that's all you're getting from me". Just then the lights dimmed and the band started to play a soft melody.

"Would you give me the pleasure in having this dance?" he asked, and held out his hand.

Faye rolled her eyes. "Will you ever give up?"

"As long as you keep resisting me the more I'll keep on trying . . . I love the challenge. Besides you still own me a favor for getting my father off your back when you failed your mission, the least you can do is dance with me. Who knows, maybe you'll even enjoy it".

"Somehow I doubt that", and took another sip from her wine.

As soon as she was done Brandon took the cup out of her hands, placed on the counter, and dragged Faye to the dance floor. He put both of her hands around his neck and placed his on her waist. Faye just turned her head to the side wishing for the moment for the song to end as Brandon grinned widely.

Meanwhile a man wearing a black tuxedo and a black hat, which covered his face, walked in and proceeded his way to the corner of the ballroom, hidden by the shadows that cast over him. He glanced the room carefully: the staircase, bar, tables, and finally the dance floor. He finally spotted the person who he was looking for, she looked like a goddess. He also noticed she was dancing with another man who was awfully close and felt jealously and rage overcome him. He continued to stare at these two for a while, without taking into consideration that two or three songs had passed, but did concern that the man's hand was traveling slowly down the woman's body. Enough was enough; it was time to make his presence known. This man walked directed to the couple, keeping his head down, which was still covered by his hat, and asked in a deep voice that was not his own "Mind if I cut in?"

Faye, who was anxious to get away from Brandon, answered for him. "No, not at all". He gave her hand to this man and left the dance floor.

She put one hand on his shoulder and the other was held in his hand while the other was about her waist, pulling her close to him. "I couldn't thank you enough, and your name sir?"

"Oh I think you already know it", he spoke in his normal voice and lifted his head so that he was staring directly at her.

"Spike? No it's not possible. How did you - "

"Know?" he asked, cutting her off. "Well if you did your homework on me then you should remember that I was once part of the Red Dragon and I too attend these annual dinner parties". Faye at this point felt very uncomfortable with him and tried to pull away but Spike just pulled her even closer, so close that their faces were inches from each other's. "Now you be a good girl and act normal, then when this song ends you and I will go up the staircase and into a room. There are a lot of questions that were left unanswered", he whispered in her ear.

Faye stood silent and shivered as goose bumps were sent down her spine. She then felt her cool self return and answered in the same cold voice that matched his own, "Fine, just lead the way". They then continued to dance smoothing to the melody of the song and became so enthralled with each other's intense stare. As Faye stared into his eyes she noticed that pain that was there and the damage she had done to him.

Before she even realized it the song had came to an end and Spike placed one hand on her waist and gently guided her up the staircase, trying to make it as normal as possible. When they were both far enough away from the ballroom he replaced his hand upon her arm and was pulling her with force. Spike picked a random room and opened the door, shoved Faye in, and then closed the door behind them.

Faye was the first one to speak upon entering the room. "Listen Spike I don't own you any explanations. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm probably wanted down at the ballroom", she then tried to leave however anger built up inside of Spike and therefore he grabbed her by the arms and yanked her to him.

"Who do you think you are? I say when it's the best time to talk and I've decided that right now is that best time".

"There's nothing to discuss. It's true that I'm a member of the Black Snake Syndicate; I was hired to turn you over to them. That's all, nothing more and nothing less".

"I don't believe you", he simply said.

"What?"

"You heard me. I don't believe it was nothing more than a mission".

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"You're going to say that all those kisses we shared before was just part of a mission? Come on Faye, a blind person doesn't have to see in order to realize you have feelings for me as I do for you".

"You underestimate me Spike . . . I guess you do have a huge ego".

"Only when I'm around you", he told her leaning in so his face was just centimeters apart. "I thought that by telling myself and Jet that I hated you than sooner or later I would come to believe it. But now I realize that by lying, it just makes me want you even more".

"Spike . . ."

"There are some things in life that catch your eye, and then, there are those that capture your heart. You are one of those things to me. I've seen many things and one thing I learned is that life is like a wild horse, either you live it or it gets left behind", with that said he kissed her on the lips and was gently separating them with his tongue with Faye pulled back.

"We shouldn't be doing this Spike. This is a mistake".

"I learned in life that there are no such things as mistakes. There's what you do and what you don't do. Now answer my first question Faye. If you could forget the situation that we're in, forget who you are, and forget that we're enemies, what would you do now?"

At this point Faye let her feelings and passion respond to that answer. She reached up and kissed Spike fully on the lips, and he, of course respond back. She felt his strong arms wrap around her little waist and his passionate tongue enter her mouth with its sweet taste. They let all the passion, lust, and love control them. Spike sent kisses around her jawbone, down her neckline, and back up to her lips just like he had done before. He then gently pulled down the straps of her dress one at a time as she took off his coat tossed it to the floor and now worked to unbutton his shirt. Spike then walked toward the bed while his lips never left her own and gently lowered her onto the bed with her lying beneath him. Spike helped Faye unbutton his shirt and now, with his chest exposed, she started to run her hands over it and over his back as he continued to kiss her, sending waves of electricity to her body.

"You have no idea what you do to me Faye".

She smiled, "Oh I think I do".

Through the heat of their passion the two became lovers throughout the night.