Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Attraction ❯ "It just wasn't meant to be" ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You are my burning desire,

You are the one who feeds my fire in your eyes,

I see ecstasy nobody but you and me my heart aches only for you,

You have got me under your spell having you like this can be hell.

Like the heat of darkness,

I feel the fire like a burning passion,

I feel the desire that I need your love.

Touch me, hold me, and give to me your smile.

Fatal Attraction: Chapter Six: "It just wasn't meant to be"

It must have been 11:30 in the morning as Spike awoke, yawned, and stretched out. He turned over on his side and faced the beautiful woman who laid asleep next to him. "She truly is a goddess", he smiled and climbed out of bed and headed for the shower. He couldn't remember the last time he actually slept through the night peacefully. Once his was done with his shower he dried himself with a towel, which he then wrapped around his waist and went back to the bedroom.

Upon entering it he noticed Faye was now awake sitting on the edge of the bed, fully dressed, and was bent over putting on her heels. Spike grinned and made his way over to her. "Leaving so soon?" he asked and then kissed her shoulder. He then started to kiss her neck but then Faye pulled away.

"Spike about last night - "

"Amazing wasn't it?"

She stood up and faced him. "It shouldn't have happened".

"What?"

"There's just so much between us that stands in our way".

"And what do you expect me to do about it? Pretend that it never happened?" he asked with anger. "Or pretend it was a forbidden dream that can never happen?"

"Like it or not Spike I'm still a member of the syndicate and you are still my target".

"Yeah but that can change Faye. Leave it behind you and come back with me to the Bebop. You can't lie to yourself that you enjoyed the life of adventure".

She took a deep breath and continued. "You don't understand. If I run away now they'll never stop looking for me until I'm dead for betraying them by running off with their enemy. What kind of life is that? I'm sorry but I cannot live on the run".

"I've walked down that path before".

"Yeah? Well I guess I'm not as strong as you", Faye said and walked to the door. Before she turned the knob she faced him once more. "You should leave now before anyone realizes you're here".

"So that's that? What will happen the next time we meet? I'm guessing it won't be a friendly reunion".

"You've guessed right. I will go back to my plans and you will go back to yours", she turned and opened the door however was stopped, once again, by Spike's words.

"Loving you is something I never thought I would do. What more can I say, you stole my heart from the very start", he said.

"It just wasn't meant to be", Faye said and left the room before he had a chance to see her watery eyes, leaving him, as well as herself, with a broken heart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

In the center of the interrogation room was a large white round table with eleven seats, ten of those seats were occupied. The ten members were all waiting impatiently for their last member to appear. The Supreme Elder was un - amused however he didn't have to wait that long for the eleventh member to appear. She was wearing her uniform, opened and closed the door, then sat in the unoccupied seat that was waiting for her.

"Tell me Brandon what time is it?" the Supreme Elder asked.

"12:56 pm on a Saturday afternoon father", he answered.

"Ah! And could you please refresh my memory and tell me when this meeting was suppose to take place?" he asked with anger in his voice.

When this question was asked the eleventh member decided to speak up. "12:30 pm on this Saturday afternoon", she answered while smoothing out her shirt and adjusting her belt back into place.

"I'm glad to hear you were informed of this meeting Miss Valentine. And please do tell us what the excuse is, we will like to be enlighten".

"Sir I don't have an excuse I was just slightly side tracked that's all".

"Side tracked? So you mean to tell us that during the last two years we have sent you on missions you never, at even once, became side tracked. Yet, today you are", he then rubbed his chin as he had a pensive look on his face. "And it seems that it always revolves around operation 0930, doesn't it Miss Valentine?"

"With all do respect father we must continue on with the meeting", Brandon intervened. He then glanced over at Faye smirked and mouthed, "You own me".

"Yes, very well then. Apparently operation 0930 did not go so well and another case has come into our hands. Therefore I've decided that it will be put on hold and divert our attention elsewhere."

"And what is this new mission sir?"

"Glad you asked that question Miss Valentine", and dropped some files in front of her.

"His name is Decker (bounty from session 7). He is known for the dragon tattoo he has, in addition he is also known for being a computer genius who knows how to built and haul heavy explosives very well. This benefits us perfectly because once we have Decker in our hands then we can have him construct explosives for our syndicate . . . the perfect revenge against the Red Dragon and of course, how can we forget, against Spiegel. However, Miss Valentine you will remain on operation 0930 it will just be postponed".

"Yes sir, I understand perfectly".

"Are you positive? There's no misunderstanding or miscommunication between us? I wouldn't want another incident to occur".

"None, without a doubt. I will deliver Spiegel to you . . . as promised".

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

"Listen Spike I don't want to see you depressed over some woman. Especially if she pretended to be a comrade and a friend you trusted in then, unexpectedly, betrays you and learn that you're her target", Jet told Spike who was laying on the couch.

He had he right arm over his eyes, trying to drown himself away from the world. "I just want to be left alone for a while".

"Grow up and do whatever you have to do to get Faye out of your mind".

"You don't nor wouldn't want to know how it feels to have your heart stomped on by a woman who you care deeply for. Besides I really don't have time or need one of your lectures but I wish I had a hang - over the size of Jupiter maybe it'll help me forget about my problems for a while".

"Yeah it might help but then when you're sober you can't deny the fact that you're still Faye's target and mission. There's no doubt in my mind she's a loyal person to her syndicate and will not turn her back on them. So before you get yourself all messed up I suggest you think about it twice", crossing his arms.

"Well then, let's change the subject shall we? Has there been any new news?"

Jet smirked. "Glad to see you're back and as a matter of fact there's a new bounty for 12 million woolongs. His name is Decker, responsible for building and hauling high tech heavy explosives, has a dragon tattoo, and is consider highly dangerous".

"Well then why don't we get all the sources and information we need to track this bounty down, then maybe I can get that plate of beef with vegetables I've been craving for".

***********************************************************************

Author's Note: Hey all! Thanks to those of you readers who continue to follow this fic. Please excuse any errors there may be because I did not have the time to edit this chapter however, I did want to upload. I've finished this fic about 3 months ago at ff.net Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/858785/1/

Thanks again, and don't forget to leave a review!