Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Attraction ❯ Her Ultimate Decision ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"I just can't get you out of my head, you are everywhere I look and you are even in my dreams at night. I have no clue as to where my life is heading but I do know that I fell in love with you even if it was forbidden. This feeling inside is wrong but what am I to do? My mind tells me to forget you yet, my heart screams at me to run back into your arms. I wish this battle within can just stop and maybe then I can answer this one question: Why did I fall in love with you?"

Fatal Attraction: Chapter Seven: Her Ultimate Decision

A Few Weeks Later . . .

"Hey Jet you sure this Decker guy is meeting here in the back alley of the Booster Café?" Spike asked through his communicator. Jet personally made sure that it had been link directly to the Bebop, because knowing Spike danger came whenever he went and for some odd reason danger had always been attracted to him.

Even though Jet was techniquely still Spike's comrade, Jet felt it was his duty to watch out for him; almost it was a fatherly duty of his. Or perhaps the real reason why Jet looked out for Spike was probably because he reminded him of his younger self; he was still part of the ISSP. During those days he had to admit that he was, not only, young but also physically built, intelligent, good looking and the best there was. The only difference between Spike and Jet's young self was that he knew when he was way over his head. Unfortunately Spike was way too stubborn for his own good. "Yeah I'm sure. Supposedly he has an exchange to do with a customer so you just sit tight and wait until he appears. Besides, just think of the number of days we can eat healthy . . . and maybe for once you can quit your whining", Jet spoke.

"That's easy for you to say. I'm here hidden in the shadows with boredom as a partner while you just play with your little trees".

"Stop complaining will you? Man, there's just no satisfying you is there?"

"Nope, I guess there's not, but that's another story". Spike then reached into his jacket and pulled out a cigarette, put it to his lips, took out a light, and deeply inhaled. "Hey Jet, how many bottles of beer on the wall so you think I can count before Decker shows his face?" He then heard some mumble come from the other end. "Specking of which how do you know about this exchange Decker has?"

"Let's just say being the genius that I am I have special ways and connections".

"Really now? Well did these `special ways and connections' give you any info on how the guy looks?"

"No, sorry. That, my friend, you'll just have to figure out".

"Oh joy", he said sarcastically.

Meanwhile, across the street was a café center where Faye, Brandon, and some men from the Black Scorpion were patiently sitting back waiting for Decker to also show his face. Brandon gave an order to one of the men to use a pair of binoculars and keep a look out for Decker, according to him he should be showing up at any moment. Decker was wanted for his expertise in explosives and the syndicate already has plans for him. With the power of possessing deadly explosives and the correct amount of men power the Black Scorpion would be unstoppable.

Faye sat in one of the chairs at a table seated for two, dressed in her uniform, and was drinking a cup of hot coffee while she was in a trance of deep thought. The syndicate had noticed a strangle difference in her lately and asked if there was anything they can do. She had answered that there was a number of things on her mind and that she would be fine but in reality she knew there was only one person that occupied her thoughts, Spike. She was confused about the whole situation. Yes, she had promised to complete her mission but when the moment came, will she be strong enough to deliver him as promised? A part of her was saying: Forget about him you two live in two separate worlds. Spike is just a mission and no more than a mission. Yet another part of her was screaming out: No, screw the syndicate and run back into the arms of the only man who has and will always have your heart. Faye shook her head, as if her thoughts will somehow vanish, and traced her forefinger along the edge of the cup.

"Anything I can do for you beautiful?" Faye glanced up and noticed Brandon had sat down in the chair across from her.

"What do you want now?" She asked with annoyance and took a sip of her coffee.

"Now is that any way you should be treating me? I would think that in any case you should be treating me with a little more love, I mean I did change the subject when father was interrogating you with questions considering your relation with Spiegel. Though I must admit that I do agree with him".

"What are you talking about? I have nothing to do with the target".

"Whatever, that is none of my business. Why should I care right? You're a part of the Black Scorpion and will always be, you know as well as I do that if anyone should betray us they will be hunted down for the rest of their pathetic life".

"Why do you choose to bring that up?"

"Just a reminder to you that's all".

"For what?"

"Like a said, it was just a reminder", he then narrowed his eyes. "The syndicate will never stop looking until that betrayer is dead". His eyes then returned to life. "Anyway let's talk about things more important, you and me. A romantic dinner for two and dessert back at my place, what do you say?"

"First of all there will never be a `you and me' thing between us".

"Fine I agree with you. Let's just skip the dinner and go straight for the dessert".

"Hold it why don't I just repay you by giving you my gratitude".

"Faye all I'm asking is -"

"Ma'am! Sir!" the man on watch called.

"Whatever it is I'm sure it can wait. I'm discussing some business with Miss Valentine".

"Yes sir I know but I wouldn't have interrupted if it wasn't important".

"What is it?" Faye asked.

"A few minutes ago Decker made his appearance and was probably waiting for his customer when Spiegel appeared from the shadows and is now holding a gun to his head. I know we are here because of Decker and I also know that operation 0930 is still in progress so what are we to do now?"

Faye was speechless. If Spike is really there what is she to do now? Once again all these emotions was tearing her up and didn't give her time to think when all of a sudden she heard Brandon say "It seems that fate is on our side. Things just has gotten interesting, gather up your weapons gentlemen and prepare for a shootout tonight we take two bastards in at the same time".

"What's wrong Decker? Don't understand English? I said hands up", Spike said as he held onto a gun that was aimed at Decker.

"What do you want? Explosives? I'll give you a great deal on some if you let me go unharmed".

"Do you honestly think I'm that stupid as to let a twelve million bounty walk away? I am a bit slow but not stupid. I plan on eating well for a few days so I suggest you put your hands up so we can get this over with".

"That's where you're wrong Spiegel. I suggest you put your hands up so we can get this over with".

Spike turned around and realized there stood Brandon, standing beside him was Faye, along with several other men all pointing their weapons at him. He took a good look at Faye and noticed she was dressed in her black uniform as were the others, clearly the syndicate trusted her and the men were all loyal to her and surely she would never turn her back on them, not even for the one night they had shared together. He glanced over to his right and noticed that his twelve million bounty had run off. "What if I refuse to obey?"

"Then we'll have to use force and believe me it won't be pretty".

Spike smirked. "I thought you'd say that". He took out his gun and started to fire directly at them, with the exception of Faye, and ran behind a wall for protection. He continued to fire at them while they did the same soon Spike was out of bullets and was quickly reloading, noticing he didn't have any more bullets for another reload he knew he had to get out of there as fast as possible. He spotted another nearby wall and so he decided to make a run for it. "Is that all you got?" he yelled over the shooting and of course there was no response. Spike was running to the other wall when he felt a shot of pain in his right leg, this quickly caused him to loose his balance and fall to the ground. As Spike was about to climb up to his feet he saw someone run up behind him and elbow him to the ground once again, in addition that same man grabbed a fistful of his hair and pulled back forcing him face Brandon.

"So, you're the asshole that murdered many of my fellow members three years ago huh? Well I'm glad I can finally avenge them", he then punched Spike in the face causing his face to turn to the right as well as bleeding from the right side of his mouth.

"Hn, is that all you got? I bet my mother could do worse".

This made Brandon furious and kneed him in the stomach causing him to bend over in pain. "Unfortunately my father ordered me to bring you back alive however he didn't say unharmed". Brandon signaled for the men to come in closer. "Teach Spiegel a lesson", they nodded and started to beat up on Spike. Punches and kicks were delivered all over his body as Brandon smiled and Faye turned away.

It seemed forever until Brandon called a halt to the beating but when he did Spike already had bruises that were starting to show, bleeding, and not to mention his clothes were a total mess. "Now will you corporate with us?"

Spike lift up his head and answered "Fuck you", and spit in his direction.

"I think you need another beating maybe this time some sense will get knocked into you. Men, if you will please -"

"No wait!" Faye interrupted. "Don't you think he has had enough? We want him alive and kicking not close to death".

"I prefer death. Continue", upon his command the beating started once again.

And once again Faye looked down however this time she was having flashbacks of their time together. She remembered how he flirted with her, the way he held her when they danced, his kisses and the way he send electricity waves up her spine which caused her heart to fire. Most of all the passionate words he spoke to her during their lovemaking. "You are the fire that burns the passion within my soul Faye". Yes, she recalled that night perfectly. " . . . let love lead the way". At this point she had decided to follow his advice and therefore she took out her gun and fired three shots into the air. The men stopped and turned in her direction meeting her dark piercing eyes as she held onto her gun, which was now aimed directly at them. "Back away from Spike or else".