Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Attraction ❯ Love Leads the Way ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't see how you could possibly ask
If the love we have is true
If only you could realize
My only thoughts are of you
You're always on my mind
You're always in my heart
I only hope and pray
That we may never part
The love I feel for you
Is truly one of a kind
And I hope it may last forever
Because more like it I'll never find
Each time we are together
Even more am I reassured
That soon all your doubts
Might finally be cured
I know what comes with being so close
With all the emotions, there is clutter
But trust me when I tell you
The love we have is like no other

Fatal Attraction: Chapter Eight: Loves leads the way

Upon her command and through her dark piercing eyes no one made a move. "Did I stutter? I said back away from Spike", Faye repeated once again, glancing at Spike who was hugging his ribcage.

Brandon turned around and smiled. "I guess father was right after all, you do have a soft spot for Spiegel".

"Believe what you want to believe but back away from him now or else you'll find yourself full of holes", she then released the safety trigger. "You know I will shoot".

Brandon continued to eye her as he said. "You heard Miss Valentine gentlemen". They all nodded as they backed away from Spike. "There, now are you satisfied?"

"Not yet, you too as well, back away. Oh, and don't even think about doing anything foolish. Believe me I won't hesitate to shoot you".

He did what he was told. "I just don't understand you Faye. I've known you for three years and during that time you never once glanced my way. I've tried everything I could think of to try to get you to notice me, but nothing seemed to work. Then here comes this jerk".

"I'm sorry but I don't have to explain my actions to you so just stay where you are".

"But it's not that simple". He then took out a gun that was hidden within his coat. "You've known him only for a short time and not to mention he's killed many of our fellow members in the past, yet, it seems he has your heart . . . a mission is a mission. Therefore, I must follow my father's orders".

"Not if I have anything to do with it", she then fired directly at him and watch to blood drip down his arm as he screamed out in pain and held onto the wound, the rest of the men quickly gathered around him. "Don't move or else I will finish the job". She then walked over to Spike and kneeled down while keeping her gun aimed at the men. "Can you walk?" Faye asked him.

"Get the hell away from me. I don't need anyone's help, most of all yours", he answered.

"This is no time for you to act courageous or independent Spike, so just corporate". Seeing that he had no strength in him she lifted his left arm and placed it over her shoulder so that he could lean on her for support.

Taking this advantage Brandon shouted. "Don't just stand there idiots, SHOOT THEM!"

This cause Faye to glance up and she saw the men bent down, grab their weapons, and directly aim their pistols at the two. Her eyes widen and she just had enough time to react and ran, with Spike, to the exact wall he hid behind earlier for protection.

"Spike listen up. How did you get here?" she asked.

"Wha . . What are you talking about?", he spoke with difficulty, for he was now breathing heavily.

"I mean did you walk here or use a vehicle?"

"I . . . I used the Swordfish II", he said as he tried to focus on her. Everything around him was blurry and happening so fast. He could hardly remember how he got back behind the wall. The lights and images seem to merge as one and the shots and voices seem to be heard as if yelling from afar, most of all his body ached all over he could hardly keep his balance. That was some beating.

Faye's attention was distracted for a moment as a bullet passed before her line of vision and collided with the wall. "Shit!" She cursed, and quickly whipped out her gun, aimed it at the men once again, and opened fire. Bang, bang, bang! Three men fell easily. Faye grinned, You're all too predictable. "Where is it?", she asked the man beside her as she continued to shoot the men, but it was no use because his head now hung low and Faye could see for herself that he was fighting to stay conscious. Instead, she placed him up against the wall and started to look through his coat, pockets, and all. Found it! She took out the communicator he had and immediately talked into it. "Jet are you there?" No response came. "JET!"

"What the hell do you want?" Jet asked angrily. "And how did you -"

"No time for explanations", she interrupted. "Where is the Swordfish and Bebop now?"

"Just wait a damn minute. Aren't you the one who lied and almost killed Spike and myself? So first I think it's better if you start answering a few questions".

"If you don't tell me where the Swordfish or the Bebop are, then Spike might not make it outta here alive".

"What are you talking about? Have you lost your marbles?"

"No time to explain, all I can say is that he's not in the best of shape at the moment". No response came. "Jet! I'm not kidding; just help me out this once". Once again no response came. More shooting came her way, which caused her to duck for cover. If she didn't get Spike out of here soon then her effort would be a loss cause. "Jet!"

"Okay! But keep in mind Faye, this is only because Spike's life is on the line", he sighed before he started again. "I recently installed a new button on his communicator it's a blue one. You press it and the Swordfish should come to you . . . knowing how Spike is I purposely installed it".

Faye looked at the communicator, saw the button, pushed it instantly, and within seconds the Swordfish came to her aid. She grabbed Spike and pushed him aboard then she climbed up herself, set the coordinates, and blasted into space. She looked down and saw the syndicate angrily shooting up into the sky.

She looked over at Spike and noticed he had passed out from the beating. The screen then lit up with Jet's face. "Spike? Faye? Is anyone there?"

"Yeah Jet I'm here", Faye answered.

"Where's Spike?"

"Unconscious right here beside me."

"What happened out there?"

"A little run in with my syndicate . . . or should I say my former syndicate. Anyway, what are the Bebop's coordinates?"

"How do I know this isn't another plan of yours?"

"I guess you'll just have to trust me". However, seeing that Jet wasn't going to budge anytime soon she continued; this time obviously irritated. "If this was another plan of mine wouldn't you think I would have taken him straight to my syndicate and have him killed?"

"Hnn. Whatever, but I still don't fully trust you but enough with that topic let's move on to the next. Look for the `Autopilot' button located on the control panel. Beside it there should be another button that reads `Bebop' if you press it Swordfish II will automatically lead you to the Bebop".

"Great, I'll see you soon then. Have everything ready and prepared, bandages and all".

"Right", the screen then went black.

Faye then pressed the button and the Swordfish II went into autopilot. She looked over at the unconscious Spike once more and placed a hand upon his cheek. "Hang in there cowboy. You'll make it though, I just know you will". Faye then sat back and relaxed into the seat. Though she had saved Spike, she couldn't ignore an anxiety feeling that was now nagging at her at the back of her mind.

*FLASHBACK*

"You're a part of the Black Scorpion and will always be, you know as well as I do that if anyone should betray us they will be hunted down for the rest of their pathetic life".

"Why do you choose to bring that up?"

"Just a reminder to you that's all".

"For what?"

"Like a said, it was just a reminder", he then narrowed his eyes. "The syndicate will never stop looking until that betrayer is dead".

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Faye shook the flashback out of her head. One thing was now certain: The hunter was now the hunted.