Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Attraction ❯ The Enemies Meet ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"The greatest gift to my eyesight is having my eyes set on you." By. Catherine E. Edejer

Fatal Attraction: Chapter Two: The Enemies Meet

"I must say that is a beautiful name for such a beautiful woman like yourself", Spike told Faye, as he looked her up and down. He had to admit that this woman was indeed very attractive and had all the curves in the right places. He had noted that as soon as she walked into the bar the light had somehow shined on her like a spotlight, and something about this woman, other than her looks, called his attention. Maybe it was the way she sat on the stool: crossing her legs, the way she sipped her drink, the way she smiled at the bartender, the way she licked her lips after she was done sipping, or maybe the way her eyes looked. Almost all his enemies knew Spike as being able to read people through their eyes: being able to predict his opponent's next combat move or even guessing a person's thoughts. Maybe this is what made Spike Spiegel the best of the best of the bounty hunters. Yet, those green emerald eyes that belonged to the woman who sat across from, read nothing. He actually could not tell what her motives were. If they were for a hot flaming one nightstand or of they were for a person to talk to, a person to waste time with. Spike did know that this woman hid something mysterious behind that beautiful face of hers.

Faye smirked, noticing the way he stared at her. "Is that your best line or do you say that to all the women you meet?"

"Only to the ones who call my attention".

"Ah, and answer this question for me Mr. Spiegel. Should I be a flatter woman?" Frank, the bartender, then arrived with her check, placed it in front of her, and then left with a wink.

"That's Spike to you and yes I would be flattered if a handsome fella like myself paid your bill", he reached into his pocket and pulled out a few dollar bills, which he placed on the counter. "Now, before you tell me a little bit about yourself, I'd like to know how you know who I am?"

"Well", Faye started and looked down as she quickly scanned his files through her mind. Before she had left for the bar she was given a folder, which contained files, which had been sent by the supreme elder, about her target. She had spent a good hour reviewing everything and had learned that Spiegel did belong to the Red Dragon, was the best of the best, faked his own death just so he could leave the crime syndicate; to live a renewed life, the name of his partner, and all the bounties he was successful in collecting. "I heard about you catching that bounty, what was his name . . . oh Asimov Solensan (bounty from session 1) and the trouble he caused you".

"I can't help but be a popular guy. But anyhow, are you a bounty hunter?"

"Um, I guess you can say that. Let's see, what would a handsome cowboy like yourself would like to know about me?"

"For starters, are you seeing any one?"

Faye smiled. "You're moving a little too fast. As a matter of fact no I'm not".

He smirked "I guess lady luck is on my side after all. What do you say if we continued this little chit - chat elsewhere?

"How can a girl refuse a handsome cowboy's invitation?"

"So I take that as a yes", Spike said as he stood up and extended his hand to her.

She accepted it and added, "Just lead the way".

Spike and Faye were silently walking down the streets of Jupiter; it was a nice night out with the streetlights shining brightly, people walking about, and cars speeding down its streets. Spike couldn't keep his eyes off of Faye as put she a cigarette to her lips and lit it with her lighter and watched the cigarette and smoke leave her perfectly shaped red lips, watched her hips sway from side to side, and watched her run a hand through her hair; she was truly a work of art. Spike finally chose to speak up.

"So my beautiful lady, what would you say if I took you back to my place?"

She smiled. "I would say that I probably am not the first to return back with you on the first night . . . besides I'm not that easy".

He smirked, "I somehow knew you would say that". He came to a halt, as did she, he leaned down and whispered in her ear, "I love a challenge".

She pushed him away slightly and playfully. "Like I said lunkhead, I'm not that easy".

"At least your hands are still on me". She looked down and noticed her hands were still on his chest; she was about to respond when all of a sudden her communicator, disguised as a watch, sounded off. This was given to her right when she had joined the Black Scorpion, as a guarantee to know where she is at all times and to contact her in case of an emergency. Faye looked down and realized a red light was blinking, which indicated that a message was waiting for her, it was from the syndicate.

"Sorry cowboy but I'm needed elsewhere, until next time", but was held back by her arm as Spike held onto it with one hand.

"How about I meet you tomorrow night, same place, same time?" he asked.

"You got yourself a date . . . Spike".

"Can't wait", he then released her and watched as she walked away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

"It would be much appreciated Miss Valentine if you would inform us the next time you leave the building. You're assistance might have been needed" said the Supreme Elder.

"I'm terribly sorry Supreme Elder, I wasn't thinking", she spoke.

"That's quite alright, you have been loyal to us and I'll trust that it won't happen again?"

"Of course not".

"Well then, we must develop a way to track Spiegel down then we can -"

"Excuse me Supreme Elder but I already have it all figure out".

"Oh? Then I assume you have everything under control", the old man then turned to his left. "Brandon", but he didn't respond because he was too busy staring at Faye. "Son!"

"Um, yes father?"

"Note that Miss Valentine will officially be assigned to operation 0930 upon sunrise tomorrow morning".

"Yes father, as you wish".

"Well then Miss Valentine, you are free to go. Oh, and do keep me inform of your process".

"Of course Supreme Elder", with that said she got out of the chair and made her way to the door. She put her hand on the doorknob and was about to turn it when another hand stopped her, she glanced up and realized who it was. "Brandon what do you want now?" she asked exasperatedly.

"One night with you", upon hearing this Faye rolled her eyes. "Come on, Faye. Ever since you arrived here three years ago I must have fantasized about that moment a million times".

"Well I guess you're going to have to keep on fantasizing about it a million more times because it'll never happen".

"Not even if I keep daddy off your back?"

"I would rather put up with your father's shit than sleep with you. Now if you'll excuse me I have better things to do", she yanked the door open and left with disgust.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

The Next Night . . .

Spike was already waiting at the bar when Faye came in dressed in a dark blue skirt that was embroidered with white flowers and was a tight white shirt that was V cut, he seen her yet but knew she had made her entrance because all heads and whistling were directed towards her. She finally managed to make her way to the empty stool beside Spike.

"Damn just take a good look at you", he said, as he looked her up and down. "I took it upon myself to order you a drink".

"Oh, and I suppose you know what I like".

"A flesh martini, am I right?" The waiter then came and placed it in front of her.

Faye took a sip and answered, "Right. But don't flatter yourself. I mean I won't want you to get a inflated ego".

"Being here with you is all I need to have to get an inflated ego".

"I must say that as a woman I'm very flattered. But how long would it last?"

"Faye, as long as you're here with me you'll get anything you wish".

"And you wouldn't like anything in return?"

Spike chuckled. "Is that an invitation?"

"You wish . . . but what would you do if it was?" she tested.

"I'll just leave that to the imagination. So do you work alone in catching your bounties?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, I do".

"Why all by your lonesome self? Can't find someone that will keep up with you?"

"More like I'm an independent woman. Why do you have someone at your side?"

"As a matter of fact I do. I work with a buddy Jet Black. He's a 36 year old man who has retired from the ISSP because of a minor incident".

"Minor incident?"

"His arm got blown up and the doctors had to replace it with a mechanical one".

Faye winced. "That must've hurt".

"I have an idea. How would you like to join us as a bounty hunter?"

"Join you fellas? Why me?"

"It's been a while since a lady was onboard the ship, actually a woman never really has been on the ship but seeing you makes me want to be with you".

"How do I know this isn't a game? And wouldn't I distract you from your hunting?"

"I promise to behave, obviously you won't have accepted my offer if you didn't think I was a trustworthy guy".

"I might have another intentions".

"Such as?"

"That is for me to know and you to find out".

"So you accept?"

"Yeah, but just remember is this strictly business", added Faye.

"Oh of course", Spike said with a grin. "So would you like to move in tonight?"

"A little anxiously aren't we?"

Spike up his hands up, "Just trying to help you out that's all".

"Actually I think it's a little late and I better get going."

"Let me walk you out then".

The two walked out of the bar and was now outside. "Thank you once again Spike for the lovely evening".

"It wouldn't have been lovely if you weren't here". He then looked intensely into her eyes. Faye at this point couldn't understand why she suddenly felt weak at the knees as she stared into his brown eyes and felt her heart skip a beat as he leans down and drew her into him. Spike's arms slip around her, his intentions are clear. He kisses her on the lips and Faye knows it's wrong and shouldn't give into the ecstatic feeling she has but did. "Damn this feeling", she thought. His kiss is soft yet demanding at the same time.

Spike drew back. "I'll keep in mind that this is strictly business", he spoke against her lips.

"You be sure and do that", Faye then turned and walked away. As she was walking she reached up and felt her lips, it was as if Spike had set them on fire. "I'll keep that in mind as well", she said to herself and continued down the street.