D. Gray-man Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Redmeption ❯ Third Night:History Lesson ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello again! I want to thank all of my readers and especially the people who reviewed. So moogledaime, greenteamoose, DeathNoteMaker, g2fan, and Saphira1204, and Kurama'sFoxyMiko, thank you so much! This next chapter is dedicated to them! Anyways, I still haven't decided completely, but I'm leaning to either Kanda x Kagome or Kanda x Kagome x Allen. I'll stop rambling now and get on with the story.
Disclaimer: I don't either D. Gray-man or Inuyasha!
`blah' = thoughts
“blah” = speech
blah = flashback
Previous Chapter:
Then finally, in India, Cross abandoned Kagome and Allen after telling them that they were to go to the Dark Religious Order, other wise known as the Black Order. He was supposed to accompany them, but, well, he didn't. Instead he knocked them out and left them Timcanpy. So, in the end, the apprentices set out by themselves and were quite happy to be free of Master Cross, of whom both of them had developed an immense fear.
Third Night:
Kagome looked up at the huge castle that loomed up in front of her.
`Huh, so this is the headquarters of the Black Order. Impressive, though that climb up the cliff was a pain in the butt.'
Over the last three years, Kagome had grown even more beautiful. She was still slender, but had filled out in the right places. Her curves were neither over-extravagant nor under-developed. Kagome had grown a bit over the years and was now just a bit shorter than Allen. Her hair now reached her hips and had a blue tint to it when it was hit with light. Her sapphire eyes were as vibrant as ever. Kagome's skin, for some reason that she couldn't fathom, had never tanned despite all of the hours in the sun. It was still as pale as that of a coddled noblewoman, though she was anything but.
She was dressed in a white blouse with a black bow at the neck. Kagome wore a dark blue skirt that reached her knees. The skirt had splits on both sides and she wore black shorts underneath. She also had on white gloves and black boots that reached her ankles.
`Argh, I feel nervous! I really wish Allen and I hadn't split up!' Kagome and Allen had separated a while ago when Timcanpy had been ingested by another cat. Allen had volunteered to look for him and told her to go on without him.
`He should have been back by now though; I really hope that he didn't get lost or attacked. Though he has such bad luck that's probably what happened.'
Kagome gave an almost imperceptible sigh as she walked up to the strangely shaped gate. She examined it closely. It was in the semblance of a huge, rather hideous human face with a large mouth.
Unbeknownst to her, the members of the Black Order were currently watching her.
Komui Lee, supervisor of the Science Department, watched the slight girl on the screen. He held his special cup with the demented rabbit in his hand and turned to the girl to his right, who was currently asking him a question.
“Brother, do you happen to know who that person is?”
Komui looked to be in deep thought. Everyone in the room leaned in slightly to hear what he had to say, since they mistakenly assumed that since he was thinking, he had to know the person. Komui opened his mouth and paused before answering,
“I have no idea Lenalee.” Everyone fell over. The girl, Lenalee, righted herself and said, with a sweatdrop on her head, “Well then, what do you think we should do?”
“Tell the Gatekeeper to check to see if she's a human or an Akuma.”
Kagome stared at the weird door for a minute longer before raising a hand to her mouth to call out, “Hello? Um, my name is Kagome Higurashi. I've been sent from General Cross Marion.”
Kagome jumped backwards when the ugly door suddenly came alive and started staring at her with a creepy expression(at least in her opinion). It started muttering and then announced out of nowhere that she was human.
“Um, okay…does that mean I pass?” Kagome was unsure as to what to do after that…disturbing…phenomena.
“Yep! That means that you can come in. I'm Lenalee Lee, the assistant head officer and an Exorcist.” Kagome turned to see a girl about a year older than herself. She had dark green hair in two ponytails. She wore a black outfit that consisted of a long-sleeved shirt with a silver cross on the front and a black mini-skirt. She also wore black boots that reached her thighs.
“Eto (1), pleased to meet you. My name is Kagome Higurashi. I'm General Cross' apprentice.” Kagome bowed slightly; she had never been able to break the habit of bowing when meeting someone new.
Lenalee's eyes widened slightly at Kagome's words.
“Does that mean that you're compatible with Innocence?”
Kagome nodded and was surprised to see a wide smile bloom on Lenalee's face.
“That's great! We have way too few Exorcists and there aren't enough of us to do everything. You're going to be welcomed here. Come on, we'd better go in before the gate closes.” With that, Lenalee turned towards the gate and beckoned Kagome to follow her.
As she followed Lenalee, Kagome heard some of the whispers of the other people and grinned. They pretty much all meant the same thing.
“Wow, look at the new arrival. She sure is young.”
“She looks too fragile to fight. I hope they don't plan on sending her into battle right away.”
`I wonder why everyone seems to think that I'm fragile or weak?' sigh `Oh well, at least they're concerned for my safety unlike Master.'
Lenalee led Kagome on a tour of the castle. Kagome was surprised to learn that Exorcists were granted individual rooms and curious about why Lenalee refused to talk about a rather damaged set of rooms(these would be the Komui's rooms! No wonder she does want to talk about them!) Finally, she led Kagome to the science labs where she introduced her to Komui, the supervisor of the Science Department. Then Kagome was handed off to Komui, who led her to a platform that transported them down to the bottom of the castle.
“So Kagome, do you happen to know what type of Anti-Akuma weapon do you have?”
“I think it's a parasitic type. That would account for my enormous appetite. But when I use it, it takes the form of gloves and boots even though it's part of me.”
Komui looked thoughtful at this piece of information.
“Now, do you happen to know anything about Innocence and how it came to be?”
Kagome shook her head. “No, Master Cross didn't teach me anything about that. As a matter of fact, he didn't really teach me anything.” The last part was muttered in so low a voice that Komui didn't hear it.
They finally arrived at the bottom and the platform stopped. It was almost completely pitch black except for the light on the platform and there were five people in throne-like chairs above Kagome and Komui. Komui gave absolutely no warning about what would happen next.
White hands suddenly grabbed Kagome off the platform and held in front of a life form that seemed to be glowing with a ghostly light. Kagome was panicking, because it felt as if her body was being searched through the inside.
`What's going on?! It feels as if there's something going through my body. Was this a trap?'
It occurred to Kagome that she could activate her Innocence but somehow it didn't feel right to do so. But she would definitely do so if the feeling didn't stop soon! Just as Kagome was a about to activate her Innocence, she heard Komui say, “Well Hevlaska? How is she?”
The creature, now identified as Hevlaska, holding her started to speak. “5%, 14%, 27%, 49%, 70%, 86%! It looks like 86% is your maximum synchronization.”
“Maximum synchronization?”
“It's the life line for the Anti-Akuma activation. The lower your percentage, the harder it will be to invocate and the user may become endangered.”
Kagome was placed back on the platform, right next to Komui. She immediately turned and kicked him in the shin.
“You couldn't have mentioned what was going to happen beforehand?!” Kagome said this through gritted teeth and her eyebrow was twitching in anger. Meanwhile, Komui was jumping up and down in pain from Kagome's kick.
“So, do you know what Innocence is?” Komui had finally recovered from Kagome's kick and was now asking her question on how much she knows.
“Yes, I read about it in one of my grandpa's books, though I'm not sure how accurate the description was. According to the book, Innocence is also known as “God's Crystal” and Anti-Akuma weapons are Innocence that have been transmuted to a weapon-form.”
“Hmm, that's fairly accurate. Do you happen to know about what happened 7000 years ago?”
“Nope, not a clue. The book only had a short chapter on Innocence and General Cross really didn't teach me anything.”
“Well, 7000 years ago, the maker of Innocence, which used to be one cube, to fight the Earl of the Millenium and won. However, the world was destroyed. This is referred to as Noah's Flood in the Bible. There is a prediction on the cube that the “three days of darkness” would come again.”
Kagome took a moment to absorb this. “So in other words, unless we defeat the Earl, the world's going to be destroyed again?”
“Correct, and that's where you Exorcists come in. You will gather up the Innocence, which divided into 109 pieces in the Great Flood, and find people compatible with Innocence. We are to gather up an army to counter the Earl's army of Akuma.”
Kagome had a slightly wondering look on her face. `Wow, so our job is not merely to destroy Akuma, but to save the world. I feel just a little overwhelmed! Darn Master! He didn't tell me any of this!'
Out loud, Kagome only said, “I understand, I will fight.” Komui smiled and held out his hand.
“Welcome to the Black Order.”
Later that night, as Kagome sat in her new room, she smiled. `Well, I'm finally here. I'm an Exorcist now! And I will never stop fighting until the end. That's what I promised and I intend to keep it no matter what.'
(1) Eto means um in Japanese. I put it in Japanese because even though she's in England, Kagome still tends to say Japanese phrases sometimes.
Well, there's chapter three! What do you think? The part with Hevlaska was sort of similar to Allen's experience but Komui did say that every Exorcist went through that. Anyways please review!