D. Gray-man Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Redmeption ❯ Sixth Night:New Arrival ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello! Wow, chapter six! I feel so proud! Sorry I haven't been updating, I'm completely exhausted from school. Falls over form exhaustion Biology and English are especially tiring. So much homework… Anyways, I would like to thank everyone who read my story and especially these people: Kurama'sFoxyMiko, greenteamoose, DeathNoteMaker, moogledaime, Saphira1204, Shiori Abarai-Sohma, silverfoxkurama, Charlene, and CatgirlKitsune! This chapter is dedicated to them!
Last Chapter: “Well, that was unexpectedly easy.” She managed to get that out before completely fainting from exhaustion and pain. It turned out that her shoulder had been fractured by the falling rock. Lavi managed to catch her before she hit the ground. He looked at her sleeping face and smiled.
“Not a bad first mission, neh?” Lavi hoisted Kagome over his shoulder and walked back down the mountain.
“THIS GUY IS OUT OF HERE! HE'S A FRIEND OF THE MILLENIUM EARL!”
This was the shout that startled Kagome out of her sleep and sent her crashing out of bed. All of this adds up to a very, very pissed Kagome. She stomped out of her room and slammed the door shut behind her. Kagome walked, well more like stampeded through the castle to Komui's rooms and banged on the door. Reever opened the door to see a glaring Kagome whose face promised death for the Gatekeeper. He hurriedly got out of her way as she stomped over to Komui, who was watching a screen and drinking coffee out of the cup with the freaky rabbit. Kagome's left eyebrow twitched as she stood over him. Her face had an expression on it the gave her a demonic air (sort of like Kyouya from Ouran Host Club after he wakes up.)
“Komui…why the hell is the Gatekeeper making such a racket at this time of the morning?”
Komui chuckled nervously at the threatening expression on Kagome's face.
“Well, the Gatekeeper was scanning a boy that just arrived and determined that he was an ally of the Earl of the Millenium.”
Kagome raised a delicate eyebrow. “How was he able to do that? I thought that he was only able to pick out Akuma?”
“Well, the boy had a pentacle over his left eye.”
Kagome froze. `No way, he couldn't be that unlucky, could he? No one should be that unlucky! How in the world does he get into these situations?!' Kagome sighed and rubbed her eyes.
“Komui, he's not an Akuma nor an ally of the Millenium Earl. His name is Allen Walker and he's an exorcist. He was another apprentice of General Cross.”
“Oh, well then we'd better stop Kanda before he kills him.”
“What?! You sent Kanda? Oh god, I'd better get out there now!” Kagome ran for the door. Kanda's relationship with Kagome had improved a little bit since she had come back from her mission. He hadn't exactly warmed up to her but at least he hadn't tried to kill her. The same couldn't be said for Allen. Kagome sped down the stairs and sprang out.
“Kanda, stop! He's an Exorcist, not an Akuma!” Kanda didn't listen as he continued to threaten Allen with Mugen. Kagome sighed in annoyance and walked up to Kanda and hit him on the head with her hand. He turned around to glare at her but instead looked downward and blushed slightly. Kagome, in her hurry to save Allen from certain death, had forgotten to change out of her nightgown. She wore a white, rather flimsy, dress that was tight at the stomach and flowed down to her ankles. It had white lace at the bodice and showed of quite a lot of skin. It had two spaghetti straps and was otherwise unadorned. What caused Kanda to blush was that, since he was quite a bit taller than her, had to look downward and he had caught a look at her cleavage. He took Mugen from Allen's neck, “cheh'ed”, and walked away at a fast pace, a the while muttering about “stupid girls coming out in her nightgown” and “sleeping wear shouldn't be that flimsy!”.
Kagome let out her breath in relief and turned to Allen. “Are you okay, Allen-kun?”
Allen was about to answer yes but caught sight of Kagome's clothing and quickly looked away, blushing quite a lot.
“Um, Kagome, maybe you should change out of your nightgown.”
Kagome looked down and blushed cherry red.
“Ack! U-umm, w-well we'd better go in before the gate closes!” Kagome ran for the gate after saying that, all the while blushing so much you could almost see the steam coming out of her ears.
`Oh no! I can't believe that I went out in my sleeping clothes! Not to mention Kanda saw me in them! Gah! He's probably gonna say something like “a person who wears that sort of sleeping attire is not fit to be an Exorcist”.'
Kagome ran back to her room and threw on her exorcist clothes. Komui had given them to her before she had gone on her mission. They consisted of a black skirt that reached her ankles that had two slits up its sides that went to her thighs, She wore black shorts under them and wore a black blouse with princess sleeves and silver buttons. It had the Exorcist cross rose and crosses on the shoulders. She also wore a black choker with a sliver cross on it.
Kagome walked out just in time to see Komui leading a traumatized looking Allen out of his lab. Kagome sweatdropped. `Poor Allen. Komui's really inhuman at times!'
Kagome sighed again, walked down to the cafeteria, and ordered a huge plate of food, which she then proceeded to ingest in a rapid yet strangely neat way. Halfway through her meal, she noticed Allen walking with a huge stack of food, even bigger than hers. She was about to wave him over when an argument distracted her. Kanda had once again insulted someone, this time a Finder, and he looked as if he was about to punch the guy. Luckily, for the Finder, someone's hand stopped Kanda. Unluckily, that hand belonged to Allen. Kagome abandoned her food to stop the two from killing each other and destroying the cafeteria, but there was no need. Lenalee had called the two over and told them that Komui wanted to talk to them. Kagome watched them go with a sinking feeling.
`Please tell me that Komui isn't that stupid. He wouldn't be planning to make the two go on a mission together would he? Geez, Kanda has no patience and will probably leave Allen to die! Then of course, he can't be worse than Master, so he should be alright…'
Kagome put her head on top of her arms. She could feel a pounding headache coming on.
Sorry that it's so short this time! I haven't had much time to write! I'll try to write more next time. Reviews are appreciated.