Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ [Kanata X Miyu] : Coüple de Grace ❯ Sunday morning rain is falling... at the Kouzuki residence ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Miyu kneels down then lifts Kanata's bangs so that she could see his face.
 
Miyu : Kanata? Are you alright?
 
Yuu : Miyu? We should take him to our home… he might catch a cold.
 
Miyu : Good idea dad!
 
Kanata (half opens his eyes) : Huh? Who.. are… you?? *Achoo*
 
Yuu : You'll catch a cold… hurry get in the car..
 
Kanata is half conscious and he couldn't recognize whom he is talking to… knowing that he doesn't have a place to stay overnight, Kanata gets in the car.
 
*Next Day - Sunday*
 
Kanata (opens his eyes) : Yaawn.. huh? (recognizes that this place isn't the train station nor the Saionji temple) where am I?
 
Then Yuu arrives carrying a trey with some hot tea.
 
Yuu (smiles at him) : Here, help yourself.
 
Kanata : Wha? Who are you? And where am I..
 
Yuu : We saw you asleep outside the train station while the rain was pouring, so we decided to take you here, at our place..
 
Kanata : umm.. thanks.. (he lowers his head in gratitude)..
 
Then a doorbell rang.
 
Yuu (heads toward the door) : Oh that must be your father.
 
Kanata : THE OLD GEEZER? How did he?..
 
Yuu opens the door to find Hosho who worriedly rushes to his son.
 
Hosho : Oh Kanata! I was worried about you.. I thought budha took you away! I'm so happy! (he kneels at Kanata while holding his hands).
 
Kanata : Father?! How did he? (looks at Yuu).
 
Yuu (chuckles) : You see I called you're dad and told him that his son is at our place.
 
Kanata : How did you know my dad?
 
Yuu : Well… my daughter gave me you're telephone number at home.
 
Kanata : You're daughter? (he examines Yuu then he recognize that Yuu has a resemblance with someone at school).
 
Kanata then turns his attention to his father who is still crying.
 
Kanata : Dad! Stop it okay? I'm all fine now! (then Yuu feels Kanata's forehead).
 
Yuu : Oh my! Kanata you still have a fever… it'll be best if you rest here until the rain stops.
 
Hosho : Don't worry Kanata, I'll wait for you…
 
Yuu : So you're Kanata's dad.. I'm the father of Mi-
 
Hosho : Nice to meet ya! I'm Hosho and I'm grateful that you found my son! (looks at some religion books at the bookshelf) .. Hey those books… can you tell me what are those books for?
 
Yuu : Oh sure! Well this one is…
 
Kanata is sitting alone in the guest room looking at the window wishing that the storm would end.
 
Kanata : So.. today is Sunday…and it's still raining outside… *achoo* darn it *achoo* why do I have a cold at this time…
 
Then there's a knock on the door.
 
Kanata : uhh come in!
 
The door opens, Yuu and Hosho came inside.
 
Hosho : Kanata, We'll be out for a while okay? We'll comeback after 3 hours.
 
Kanata : Wait! You're not leaving me alone here are you?
 
Yuu (smiles at him): Don't worry Kanata, My daughter is still sleeping at her room, she'll accompany you once she wakes up.. okay see you!
 
Kanata : Where are you goin- (blag! The door slams shut).
 
Kanata is left alone at the guest room as he peeks out to see Yuu and Hosho ride in the car and went someplace where he doesn't know.
 
Kanata : I'm bored (gruugghh, his stomach begins to make some sounds) I'm hungry… I hope they don't mind if I had some snack here…
 
Kanata opens the door then he steps in the hallway, he smells something burning..
 
Kanata : something smells bad… this doesn't look good! (he runs to where the source of the fire is).
 
Kanata arrives at the kitchen where something really serious is burning, he finds someone standing at the stove …
 
Kanata (runs toward the person) : Watch out!
 
Kanata (grabs a bucket of water then pours it on the fire) : Phew… that was a close call.. (he turns around to the person) Huh? HUH!!? MIYU!?
 
Miyu : Oh .. Kanata
 
Kanata : So you're the man's daughter… so that must mean … you saved me yesterday.
 
Miyu : Yeah, I can't stand it seeing you sleeping as heavy rain pours on you.. (she takes one step closer to Kanata) anyway… I was trying to cook because I didn't see my father anywhere, I tries using gas instead of oil to cook some food…
 
Kanata (gives Miyu a light pinch on the cheek) : Hahaha! You're really good at science and math but you're not good at cooking… this is interesting.
 
Miyu (embarrassed at what Kanata said) : Well excuse me!
 
Kanata : Just kidding Miyu… so what do you want to eat?
 
Miyu : Hmm.. anything would do..
 
Kanata : Do you have some… pumpkins?
 
Miyu : Pumpkins? Well umm.. (searches) here! We have this pumpkin..
 
Kanata : Great! Now I'll prepare some pumpkin dish!
 
After a few minutes, Kanata served some pumpkin.
 
Miyu (takes a bite) : mmm.. this is tasty!
 
Kanata : Yeah! Nothing beats pumpkin..
 
Miyu (smiles at him) : hehe well, I think you really like pumpkin… do you Kanata?
 
Kanata : Well, in fact I do!
 
Miyu : Kanata? Can I ask something?
 
Kanata : Yeah sure! (he looks at Miyu seriously).
 
Miyu : Well….umm…I was wondering… would you teach me how to cook? (she blushes).
 
Kanata : Sure! I'll teach you how to cook fettuccine!
 
Miyu : Hontone?? Thanks Kanata!
 
Kanata remembers this line but the “hugging” part is missing…then he remembers that Miyu's glasses are still with him.
 
Kanata : Miyu, You left your glasses yesterday… (hands the glasses to her) here..
 
Miyu : Thanks Kanata you know I really didn't notice that I wasn't wearing any glasses because my vision is starting to heal.. thanks anyway! (she wears her glasses).
 
Kanata (takes off her glasses) : No Miyu! If you're in the state of recovery, you mustn't wear any glasses..
 
Miyu : Oh.. I see…now can you teach me about those cooking techniques?
 
Kanata : Ok!
 
After a couple of hours… Kanata and Miyu both sat on the floor drinking some hot chocolate..
 
Miyu : When I was little… my mom used to cook everything while my father teaches me about math and science, that's why I didn't get the chance to learn how to cook.. but thanks to you! I can cook my favorite dishes without my father to help me with.. thanks Kanata!
 
Kanata notices that Miyu is somewhat, changing her personality.. from a kind hearted girl who likes to read books to a cute , adorable and nice girl that likes to help other people with a smile.
 
Then after a few minutes Hosho and Yuu both arrives as the rain finally stops..
 
Hosho : well I guess we'll be going! Thanks for the TOFU Yuu!
 
Yuu : Thanks for spending some time with me Hosho! (he places his hand on Miyu's shoulder).
 
Miyu : Bye Kanata! Thanks for teaching me..
 
Yuu : Teach.. you? What did he..
 
Miyu : He taught me how to cook dad.. (she smiles)
 
Kanata : well good bye Miyu! See you tomorrow at school.. perhaps..
 
Miyu : okay Kanata… here! (throws something at him).
 
Kanata (catches it) : huh? It's a piki piki angel that looks like a lucky charm… thanks Miyu..
 
Miyu : It's the least I can do!
 
Kanata and Hosho went home as Miyu and Yuu goes inside their home.
 
Yuu : Miyu, he must be one special friend to you… is he you're boyfriend Miyu?
 
Miyu : No dad! He's not …
 
Yuu : Haha but Saionji is a nice guy right?
 
Miyu : Yeah… he helps me out in many ways, from cooking to making my vision better.
 
Yuu : No, I meant his father.. Mr. Hosho.
 
Miyu : Oh? (looks dumbfounded) I don't know his father… I didn't had a chance to talks to him.. so why are you saying this to me dad?
 
Yuu : Well never mind.. DID you say that Kanata helped you improve your vision?
 
Miyu : Yep.. look! (shows some books then she tries to read it)
 
Miyu didn't tell his dad that she and Nozomu are lovers… Yuu only knows them as child hood friends…
 
TO BE CONTINUED…