Daa! Daa! Daa! Fan Fiction ❯ A Whisper of Love ❯ Reunited ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I, allura pearl, is an avid fan of Miyu X Kanata…
 
Disclaimer:
I do not own Daa Daa Daa (UFO Baby) or any of its characters.
 
A Whisper of Love
 
Chapter 2:
Reunited
 
Well, it's good to be back here in Japan. I missed the food, the Heiomachi High School, my friends and especially the Saionji temple. Kanata and me shared a lot of happy, as well as sad memories in that place. I wish that I would see him… so soon. Miyu thought to herself. She passed by the arrival area trying to look for her friends. She promised them that she would be back exactly 5 years after she left. Together, they marked this day and make a pledge that they would never ever forget this date.
 
After a wide search for her friends among the bunch of people in the arrival area, she finally came up with voices and placards saying, “Okairi (welcome back) Miyu Kouzuki!”
 
Oh, it must be me, she thought herself. She saw her friends Aya, Nanami, Christine, Nozoumu and Santa, but not Kanata. Maybe he's around here somewhere else, she thought. There's a pint of sadness in her heart, but as soon as she saw her friends smiling at her looking excited, her worries faint away. She looked around trying to spot his man, but still, there's no sign of Kanata's presence. Maybe he wasn't here. But no, this is an important day for us. He should be here, or maybe, there's someone or something more important than me. As his girl, I should understand him; maybe he's just busy these past few years. I must be strong. I can do this! This is just an um… challenge. Yes, a challenge I must overcome, or else, nothing would happen. She stopped thinking about those complicated things. She then approached her friends.
 
“Hi there, good `ol friends. I missed you soooo much.” She greeted them with a smile. She tried as much as she can, not to show them her loneliness about Kanata's absence. She doesn't want to disappoint them. She thought that she must enjoy their company for it has been a long while since she wasn't there.
 
“Wow Miyu! You've grown so pretty.” Nanami stated. She looked at Miyu from head to toe. Miyu, on the other hand, is wearing baby pink spaghetti blouse designed with flowers of the same color on the collar part that fitted her well and showed the curve of her waist. It is topped with white knitted-bolero. She also wears a white Bohemian skirt for the lower part of her body that seems to move as to where her feet take her. Her hair was in light curls and as usual, she wore them loosely. The hair beside her bangs was clipped in two sides. With it, she looked more alluring. The others looked at her in surprise. Nanami was right. Miyu is really beautiful. They nod to show that they agree with what she said.
 
“Arigatou gozaimasu, minna-san.” Miyu said humbly. She turned to crimson.
 
“Well, at least you still know how to speak in Japanese, ne?” Santa said.
 
“Of course Santa! Japanese is my first language. Remember, I have lived here for 19 years, too long for only 5 years of absence.” Miyu said frankly. They all giggled.
 
“Um… where's Kanata? I haven't seen him.” Miyu asked. They all stopped. Nozoumu answered her, “Ah… don't ever mind him. A prosecutor's work is really a tough job, you know. Don't you worry, we promise you; tomorrow…he'll be all yours. But for now, let's just enjoy this short time being together because… we've missed you so much little Miyu.” Miyu smiled. Nozoumu was right; she will see Kanata so soon.
 
Santa shook his head. “Poor Kanata, I'm very sure that as of this moment, he cannot concentrate on his job thinking that HIS Miyu is with us.” It made them laugh.
 
Then Miyu interrupted, “How come that you are very sure with your statement? May I know why?”
 
Santa answered her, “These past few weeks, he has been like that and it was the first time we ever saw him acting like a weirdo. He always asks us questions like, how was Miyu, is she doing fine, do you still love him, have you forgotten him, and others like that. He has been emotional, so we made a plan. We dared him.
 
So Kanata, tomorrow is her arrival. Okay, we'll promise you that we will not disturb you both while you are dating, but… you should promise us that you would stay at your office all day, doing your work as a prosecutor, while we lend her from you because… you will not see him at her arrival. Instead, you'll see him the day after her arrival. We guarantee it to you. By the way, if you're worrying about your work… we've already asked permission from your chief about that thing and he said yes, so you don't have to worry about it. Well Kanata, the decision is yours. Take it… or leave it?” That's what we told him, and as you can see, he-”
 
Santa was about to finish what he was saying when Miyu interrupted. “He accepted it.”
 
Santa smiled. “You've guessed that right, Miyu-chan!” They all laughed. Miyu was relieved. At least, she knew that his absence was not a forgotten date, but just a simple game between the gang instead.
 
“So what are we going to do now?” Nanami asked.
 
Miyu suggested, “I guess, I must first put my things in our house then-”(By the way, her parents gave her their own house as a present to her when she was about to leave America. It was houses away from the Saionji temple.)
 
“Then eat in our restaurant!” Christine said. Christine is a good cook so she and Nozoumu decided to build a restaurant.
 
“Yup, Chris is right! That restaurant of ours is the best in Japan. We assure you that thing.” Nozoumu said. He grinned.
 
“So, let's go buddies!” Santa said in a tone of excitement. The others laughed.
 
It's a good thing they're here with me. Miyu thought herself. Her eyes were full of happiness.
 
 
Meanwhile at Kanata's office…
 
He is sitting on his chair playing with a pen, moving side to side and thinking about Miyu, all the time. Suddenly, someone knocked at the door.
 
“Come in.” Kanata stopped daydreaming and turned serious.
 
“Good day Prosecutor Saionji! I'm here to remind you of your meeting about those drug criminals with our chief at 2 p.m., it's already 1:50 in the afternoon. It is very important. You handle their case, remember.” It was his assistant. He wore glasses.
 
“Thank you. I will surely come. Give me just a few minutes.” Kanata replied. His assistant immediately leaves his room. He hesitantly arranged the papers needed for the meeting and at once, he left his office. For him, this was the longest day in his life.
 
 
At Christine's and Nozoumu's restaurant…
 
“Eat as much as you can Miyu. I cooked them all by myself.” Christine humbly said.
 
“Well, thank you Chris. Wow! This one looks delicious. How I ever miss Japanese foods!” Miyu said with palms closed.
 
“I'm so glad you like them.” Christine smiled. She then sat beside her.
 
“Well, let's eat guys.” Miyu said. After all have eaten, they talked about their experiences for the past 5 years, funny and sad memories. All have taken their turn in telling each story, including Miyu's. They enjoyed. Hours have passed so swiftly. Suddenly, they are parting ways.
 
 
At the Saionji temple…
 
“Dad, I'm here!” Kanata has just got from his office. He's very tired. Suddenly, he heard one of his friends came running toward him. It's Santa.
 
“Good evening Kanata! How was your day?” Santa greeted him with a grin. Kanata, on the other hand, was not surprised. He expected him coming over his house. And with Santa's smile, it seems that he truly enjoyed the day. He took off his shoes and stepped up the house.
 
“Where's my dad?” He asked.
 
“Oh, Uncle Hosho? He's preparing our dinner.” Santa replied.
 
“Okay.” He continued to walk into his room. Santa followed him.
 
“Hey buddy, you're so cold. Are you jealous?” Santa asked.
 
Kanata stopped. “Jealous? You said jealous? Of what if I may ask?” Kanata replied in an angry tone.
 
Santa chuckled, “I already knew you for 20 years so you can't hide that feeling inside you. To tell you straight, you're jealous because we've seen her first before you did.” Kanata couldn't answer. “So… I'm right. You've been missing her all day long.” Santa said. Kanata nodded. “Okay, I'll tell you what happened. But first, you must change your suit. We'll discussed it after dinner.” Santa smiled. Kanata also smiled. After a few minutes, he got out wearing his blue, jacket-like shirt and beige pants.
 
After finishing dinner, they talked at the stairs before the temple.
 
“Hey, you know what… at last, I've already found this “Ant and Grasshopper” story. This is about a-” He was about to finished when he saw Kanata staring mad at him.
 
“Santa…” Santa felt nervous. He tried to smile. “Oi, I was just joking.” Kanata calmed. “Continue.” Santa was relieved.
 
“Hai. You know, Miyu-chan was so beautiful. This afternoon, as we walked on the streets of the city, boys kept on looking at her. Some even gave their names and their numbers as well, but you know what? She refused all of them and all of us were surprised to what she said.” Santa was about to continue when Kanata interrupted.
 
“What did she say?” Santa saw the curiosity in Kanata's amber eyes so he continued, “She said, Sorry, but someone's waiting for me and I will love him… forever. Because of that, those men who kept on following her had stopped. One of them said, He must be the luckiest guy to have someone as beautiful and as faithful as you, young lady. Man, you're truly lucky to have her. If I were you, I will never let her go,” With these words, Kanata realized that his love for Miyu have got a million times deeper than before (exaggerated). He wanted to see her so soon.
 
“Santa, you can go home now.” Kanata said. Santa, who's still keep on telling things that happened today, came back to his senses, and was surprised to hear that. “But… I haven't finished with my story.” But before saying anything, Kanata told him, “It's already late in the evening. You must go home now.”
 
“But… okay, you won.” Santa stood up. “Sayonara Kanata. Don't forget to wake up early to get ready for your unforgettable date.” Santa reminded him.
 
“I would Santa. Sayonara.” They bid each other goodbye. When Santa was nowhere in sight, he made a decision. I couldn't wait any longer. I have to see her. I must tell her that I love her and I would… always and forever. He stood up, closing his fist. He was about to be called by his dad, but he already ran away.
 
 
At Miyu's house…
 
As soon as she got in, she took a bath, and changed her clothes. She wore white shirt with collar covered with baby pink sweater for her top and checkered mini skirt. She also wore long red stockings that reached up to her thighs. Then, she eats her supper. After washing the dishes, she planned to sleep early but instead, she stared blankly at the window. She suddenly remembered what the girls told her before they apart. Wear a formal dress tomorrow. You must look beautiful when you see him. She laughed a little. Then, she realized how much she had missed Kanata. Tears fell from her eyes. She rubbed them immediately but tears still fall. She made a decision. She can't wait another day to see him. She must see Kanata. She then ran as fast as she could to reach the temple as soon as possible.
 
 
After some moment, the heavy rain fall down…
 
Miyu I want to see you… I have to. Kanata thought to himself not minding that he was soaked wet in the rain. Then, he saw a silhouette… of a girl with a long hair running towards him. He stopped and walked slowly.
 
Kanata I want to see you… I have to. Miyu thought to herself. She was terribly wet in the rain. After a while, she saw a silhouette of a boy, a young man, walking towards her. She paced down and walked slowly.
 
Kanata noticed that the woman before him had walked slowly and she was getting closer to him. After a while, he noticed that the woman wore sweater and a mini skirt. As he got closer, he saw a familiar face in front of him. He was shocked.
 
Miyu was surprised. She saw a young man, a head taller than her, wearing a jacket-like shirt and pants. She looked up to him and saw a familiar face - the face that rolled a great part in her life.
 
“Miyu…” Kanata said.
 
“Kanata…” Miyu said softly.
 
“I'm here Miyu.” Kanata whispered. He caressed her wet hair. Miyu cried softly. She gently touched his warm cheeks. “I've missed you so much Miyu.” Kanata said.
“I've missed you too, Kanata.”
 
“I love you, Miyu, with all my heart, with all of me.” Kanata said sweetly.
 
“I love you too, Kanata. For you, I give everything, even my life.” Her warm voice said. After staring at each other, Kanata slowly closed his eyes, as he got closer to her. Miyu slowly closed her eyes, too. Their lips touched. It is the sweetest kiss ever. Kanata held her by the waist and tucked her close to him. Miyu wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. Together, they fell into a deeper kiss.
 
The rain had stopped and they stayed like that for a long time until Miyu pulled away. She smiled. Kanata returned her smile. She sticks out her tongue for a short moment. They both giggled.
 
Kanata offered his wet hand to her and asked, “So, shall I walk you home?”
 
“Of course! A perfect gentleman had to.” Miyu replied. She placed her hand on top of his and together they walked home.
 
As soon as they reached Miyu's house, Kanata kissed her forehead and bid his goodbye. “Sleep tight, my angel. Don't forget to change. You might get yourself a cold. Good night.”
 
Miyu also bid her goodbye, “I would. Good night Kanata. Take care of yourself on your way home.” Kanata smiled. “Bye.” Miyu did the same.
 
As soon as Kanata reached home, he immediately changed into his pajamas. Before falling into sleep, he thought, “This was the greatest night ever.” After saying those words, he slowly closed his eyes.
 
 
Meanwhile in Miyu's house…
 
While she was lying on her bed, her sweet memories of Kanata came rushing into her mind. Before she got into her deep sleep, she kept on whispering words of love because tomorrow's gonna be another day.
 
 
Review please… :P
 
Thank you for those who reviewed. Sorry for this chap, but I hope you'll like it… especially the kissy part. Hehe…
 
Next on A Whisper of Love:
 
Chapter 3:
Passion
 
This is a date to remember…