Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Danny Phantom -- Return of The Reign ❯ Ecto-Exodus ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Okay, Chapter 2!!
You may find it weird, but I added a little song in this...let's see if you know what it is!
Oh, and Lisa (Ali) seem like a Mary-Sue in both this and the next chapter, but she's not, I swear! She's just special! Besides, she only has two big talents!
Please enjoy!
 
 
~*~
 
 
~~CHAPTER TWO~~
~~ECTO-EXODUS~~
 
As the adults stared at the radar in horror and shock, Danny looked around, and the whispered something to the kids, including Jazz. Everyone nodded.
 
“Aah! Oh, nooooo!” Everyone turned to see Alissa swaggering slightly. “A ghost has got meeeeee!” She cried pathetically.
 
“Aah! Me, toooo!” Sam joined in.
 
Summer, Tucker, and Jazz moaned similar cries and started to swagger away, as if they were being dragged away.
 
“KIDS!” Kelly screamed, and all the adults tried to follow them.
 
The kids weren't completely lying; Danny had gone ghost and grabbed each of them, dragging them away, and then pulling them into the basement through the walls, so the adults ran right past them.
 
“This is so obviously the Ghost King striking back!” Danny cried as he flew Jazz over to the Ghost Portal.
 
“Hurry! We gotta put up the multiple walls in the portal!” Jazz ordered.
 
The siblings immediately started pressing many buttons. When they stopped, they turned to the other kids, breathing sighs of relief.
 
“So, wait, I'm confused…” Summer started. “So, you know, Jazz?”
 
“…Know what?”

“That Danny's half-ghost!”
 
“Oh! Yeah!” Jazz nodded, smiling. “I, uh…accidentally saw him transform.” She answered, wondering why she felt slightly embarrassed. (Even Danny looked toward the ceiling with a blush on his face.) Before she could say anything else, everyone turned when many smashing and clanging sounds were heard within the Ghost Portal.
 
“Hah! Let's see `em try to get past those!” Danny cried triumphantly.
 
“Yeah, but now that that's there, we have to think of a way to beat the Ghost King since we, uh…kinda lost what we used last time.” Jazz said guiltily. [1]
 
Alissa remembered the suit that Danny had used not too long ago, and clenched her teeth in worry at the knowledge that it was gone.
 
“You WHAT?!” Summer screeched.
 
“We'll explain later!” Danny yelled.
 
“So, what're we gonna do?” Alissa cried.
 
“I'm thinking, I'm thinking…” Danny said, pacing. Everybody froze when they heard horrible clanging and crashing from the other side of the portal.
 
“Oh…crud.” Danny simply said.
 
The many extra walls covering the other side of the portal all burst forward and crashed into the other side of the room. Everybody turned to the uncovered portal, their faces horror-stricken.
 
Sure enough, the portal exploded with ghosts hurrying out at top speed. There were so many at once that the kids had been caught in the rush, being carried out of the house.
 
The adults heard their screams. They gasped in horror at the realization that they were in the basement…where the portal was!
 
Maddie quickly ran to the basement door, but she had hardly even touched the handle before countless intangible ghosts swarmed out and shoved them against the wall.
 
Meanwhile, as the adults struggled to get up, Team Phantom had finally separated from the ghost string. They were now on top of the roof. They all struggled to get up and ran to the roof railing. They gasped in horror.
 
The one thing the ghosts did as soon as they were free of the house: torment the humans.
 
People were screaming and running. Car wheels were screeching with their sudden twists and movements. The ghosts were simply rushing about, flying everywhere.
 
Team Phantom just stared on in horror. “Whoa…Déjà vu…” Tucker muttered, and Danny nodded with a heavy sigh. How could this happen again?
 
Then Sam gasped and, never moving her eyes away from the madness, tapped Alissa on the shoulder. She turned to the Goth, who then pointed to the ghosts. Alissa followed her finger and gasped in absolute horror.
 
“…They're…wearing…black…chokersR 30;”
 
Every ghost flying around the town was, indeed, wearing the dreaded black necklace Nightshade had slapped onto Alissa, Zero, and Sapphire.
 
“But how? Why?!” Summer cried. Jazz, not knowing of Lisa Phantasm, was puzzled.
 
“Don't know, don't care, just want those ghosts GONE!” Danny yelled. Everyone nodded.
 
Danny immediately grabbed Alissa by the wrist.
 
“Ow! Stop that!”
 
“Sorry, but listen. I'm gonna go on ahead and…well…try to get at least one ghost and make them tell us what's going on, but you guys…don't wait up, okay?”
 
“WHAT?! WHY NOT?!” Everyone cried at once.

“I just don't want you guys getting hurt, okay? Also…you might not get back to your body in time! Please, just promise me you'll stay here. Please?” Danny practically begged.
 
Alissa was reluctant, but she nodded. “We promise.”
 
Danny pulled Alissa in for a hug, and then ran toward the railing. “Goin' ghost!” He cried as he jumped off the railing. He emerged as Danny Phantom and flew off. “I'll be back!” He called.
 
The five simply stood there, watching the boy till he was out of sight, before Alissa crossed her arms with a huff. “But I wanna help…”
 
“What did Danny mean by `might not being able to get to your body in time?'” Jazz asked. Alissa pulled the black choker from her pants pocket. Jazz gasped. “That's…”

“Listen! I'd rather not get into the heavy storytelling details, but to make a long story short, there was this bad ghost who separated my soul from my body and put this around my body's neck so that I belonged to him. Danny saved me, but I kept the necklace because whenever I put it on, my spirit can leave my body again and I can fight alongside Danny. But…”
 
“But if you leave your body alone like that, your blood will stop circulating and you'll really die, and your spirit becomes a ghost?” Jazz finished.
 
“Huh…never thought of it scientifically like that before, but yeah!” Alissa said with a smile.
 
Summer crossed her arms. “That stupid kid…just flying off like that…doesn't he know that there're people who care about him?!”
 
“You're just as worried about him as we are, huh?” Tucker asked her.
 
Summer whipped around, eyes promising death. “I'm…just…indebted to him…somewhat…for helping Ali…” She mumbled, eyes looking away.
 
Jazz giggled. “Danny's so lucky to have a bunch of friends like you…I'm so happy…”
 
“You are?” Sam asked, turning to her.

“Well, I never saw Danny as the easy-friend-maker…especially after learning that he was half-ghost…so just seeing right here that there are so many people that are worrying about him…” Jazz turned away slightly, laughing gently. “Sorry…I'm just his big sister, so…”
 
Alissa smiled. She looked off as well. Like the rest of her friends, she was an only child. I wonder what it's like…having a sibling…[2]
 
KAA-CRAAASSHH!!
 
“AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!”
 
Everyone turned and gasped.
 
“Oh, my gosh! That was Danny!” Sam screamed.
 
Alissa covered her mouth with a gasp. She then glared. “That's IT!” She cried. She pulled her choker out again.
 
“Wait, what're you doing?!” Summer cried, running to her dearest friend.
 
“Saving my Babe! What else?!” Alissa answered. She clipped the necklace around her neck and, after the energy surge, her body fell to the ground, a formless mass floating out of her. But it transformed into Lisa.
 
“Whoa…” Jazz said aloud, staring at the Drifter with her mouth agape.
 
“Ali, wait!” Sam tried.
 
“I'll be right--!” Lisa started to speak as she flew away, but she stopped talking and flying for the minute she turned from her friends, a bright green dome formed around the house.
 
“Oh, no! The guys back in the house must've activated the Ghost Shield!” Tucker cried.
 
“How's Danny gonna get back in?!” Summer cried.
 
“It's okay, Summer! The shield can only be affected on Danny if he's in ghost form!” Sam eased her. “But…can Ali get through it as Lisa? I mean, she's not a ghost, but…”
 
Lisa just stared at the swirling green. She was afraid, she really was, but…
 
“GYAAAA!!”
 
“DANNY!” Lisa shrieked. She gritted her teeth as she groaned in worry, clenched her fists…and flew forward.
 
“ALI!!” Everyone cried.
 
The dome shone brightly as it made contact with the Drifter, but she flew through.
 
“Oh, my gosh!” Summer cried, holding her mouth. “Are you okay?!”
 
“Oww…” Lisa rubbed her arms. “It stung a little…” She then smiled. “But I'm okay! I'll be right back!” She twirled right around and flew off.
 
At that exact moment, the adults came through to the roof.
 
“Kids! You're alright!” Maddie cried as she fiercely embraced Jazz, Jack following.
 
“Mom…Dad…!” Jazz whined.
 
“…Where's Danny?” Jack asked.
 
Everybody broke out into a sweat.
 
“Um…uh…the ghosts still have him! They got him confused with Danny Phantom, the Ghost Boy!” Sam lied.
 
Vlad crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow; he didn't buy that one bit; he knew where his “son” was.
 
“Well, then, we're gonna go find him!” Maddie said as she pulled her mask over her head. “You guys need to get back inside and stay safe!” Everyone nodded. Kelly, David, and Vlad huddled around the kids, motioning them to get back inside. But they stopped when they saw Alissa on the ground, motionless.
 
“My baby!” Kelly cried as she fell to her knees and held her daughter. “What happened?!” She cried hysterically. Again, the kids were at a loss for an answer; they knew that the parents knew about Lisa Phantasm, (Well…except Jazz) but the Fentons and Vlad…
 
“She must've fainted…our little girl isn't really known for her daring nature…” David said, yet he pointed to the choker around Alissa's neck. This gave little comfort to Kelly, but she was slightly relieved now that she knew what was wrong with her child. She took the empty body into her arms and returned inside the house with everyone else.
 
Before she went inside, Summer turned her head back one more time. Ali…She thought sadly as she was pushed through the door.
 
~
 
Danny screamed as he was blasted against the roof of the building. He struggled to raise his head and looked up. “Please…just…tell me…what's going on?!”

“Well, dipstick, obviously just putting the Ghost King back to sleep wasn't enough!” Ember sneered.
 
Most of the ghosts Danny had fought, or shadow ghosts he had never seen before, were hovering above him. They were all wearing the black choker.
 
“A ghost seemingly formed with the power of darkness has reawakened him.” Skulker said. [3]
 
“And has given us these sickening collars around our necks.” Desiree continued. “Should we fail to carry out the mission he's given us, he will obliterate us.” [4]
 
“W--well, what's your mission?” Danny struggled to say.
 
At that, most of the ghosts smirked evilly.
 
“In truth, I really wanted to do this on my own agenda, but this works, too!” Ember said as she struck her guitar and a spiral power beam hit Danny. He cried out as he was blasted backwards.
 
“HEY!!”
 
The ghosts turned.
 
“A…Ali?” Danny said weakly.
 
“GET AWAY FROM HIM!” Lisa screamed as she blasted them with a violet Ghost Ray. They cried out and the blast separated them across the sky. She flew through the new gap to Danny. “Are you okay?!”
 
Danny slowly got to his feet. “Thanks…” He then quickly whipped to face Lisa, glaring slightly. “But what're you doing here?! They'll destroy you!” Lisa's eyes widened at the volume of Danny's voice, and they couldn't help but water a little.
 
Danny's eyes quickly softened, but before he could apologize, Lisa ran to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. “I'm sorry…but I couldn't stay there…not knowing if you were okay…”
 
“Oh, knock off the sappy!” Both teens turned to see Ember sneering.
 
“Wait a minute…” Spectra said, eyeing Lisa closely. “You have one of those maddening necklaces! What're you doing?! If you disobey Nightshade, he'll…”
 
Before Spectra could finish, Lisa's eyes glowed a dark blue. “He has no power over me.” She said simply yet darkly as she fired another Ghost Ray at them. They all cried out and spread out again.
 
“What are you TALKINGabout?! You're wearing his collar of domination!” Skulker yelled as he regained his footing. (Uh…floating-footing…)
 
“Yeah…but he learned the hard way that nobody's MY master!” Lisa smirked and flew up, determined to defend the boy she loved.
 
“Well, isn't that sweet? Seems the Halfa acquired a sweetheart while we were away.” Spectra laughed.
 
All the ghosts started laughing.
 
Danny glared, but blushed a little. Lisa glowered at the ghosts, eyes flashing again; yet, they also started to quickly flash red... “That's…ENOUGH!!” Lisa cried as she released a wide, bright Ghost Ray from both her hands.
 
The Ghost Ray crackled with energy as it shot from her palms to the group of ghosts. They all screamed and scattered again.
 
~
Everyone in FentonWorks shook a little as they heard rumbling outside. “What's going ON out there?!” Sam cried as she ran to the window, barely being able to see anything past the Ghost Shield.
 
Summer was sitting on the couch, teeth gritted and hands fisted. “Where are they?!” She whispered through her teeth and closed her eyes.
 
David was trying to console his wife, but he then looked up. “Wait a minute…where's Vlad?”
 
Everyone picked up their head at that and looked around. Sam and Tucker shared a quick glance, sharing the same thought.
~
 
3 hours had passed; Vlad Plasmius invisibly flew across the sky; no guess what he was looking for.
 
~
King Pariah stood at the balcony of his keep, watching the ghosts Nightshade had put under his control march out to Earth. Nightshade then appeared beside him. “My king, most of the ghosts have located the Ghost Boy and the Drifter. What are your orders?”

“Do what you wish with the girl, but bring the boy to me. He is mine.Do you understand?” Pariah said darkly. Nightshade bowed to him.
 
Still bowing, Nightshade snapped his fingers.
 
~
While the ghosts attempted to recover from the aftershock of Lisa's blast, the chokers around their necks began to glow.
 
“Huh?” Everyone said.
 
Suddenly, the chokers exploded in dark light, and the light surrounded the ghosts. They cried out, but they then smirked evilly, showing their teeth.
 
“Oh, no!” Lisa cried, familiar with how the necklace worked. “Nightshade's using the ghosts as puppets! He's transferring his powers through them!”
 
Danny gasped.
 
All the ghosts then grouped together and charged at the two.
 
“Oh, man! We're done for!” Lisa cried as the ghosts came closer and closer.
 
Danny stared at them with a hard expression, and then narrowed his eyes more as an idea came to him. “Not yet.” He gently pushed Lisa back. “Stay behind me…oh, and you may want to cover your ears.”
 
Lisa was confused but did as she was told.
 
When the ghosts were inches away from them, Lisa shrieked, but Danny took a deep, deep breath and released it through his greatest attack: the Ghostly Wail.
 
Lisa gasped as she watched his supersonic wail strike each and every ghost, making them cry out and blow away. Danny never relented his attack; he kept howling until either the shadow ghosts dissolved or the other ghosts retreated.
 
Finally, when the sky was clear, Danny let his head drop and exhaled sharply. Lisa was still awestricken by what she just witnessed but after a second she held onto Danny. “That was amazing!! I've never seen you do that!”
 
Danny let out another breath (“Whew!”) and turned to Lisa, smiling lazily with tired eyes. Panting, he responded. “Yeah, well…I don't really…use it…unless there's a…an emergency.”
 
“Really? Why not?”
 
As if in answer, Danny's form reverted back to Fenton and he fell into her arms. “Does that answer your question?” He said, still breathless.
 
Lisa was flushing a little but nodded. [5] “I take it you're still getting used to it?”

Danny nodded with an “Mm-hmm…”
 
Lisa dragged him over to the pillar-like chimney of the roof and propped him up against it so that he was sitting down but his upper body was still upward. She leaned next to him, a soft smile of concern and enthrallment across her face.
 
Unbeknownst to either of them, Vlad had flown up to the roof after seeing the Ghostly Wail, knowing where Danny was. He was surprised, however, to see Lisa beside him. He turned invisible and watched.
 
“Are you okay?” Lisa asked, her voice gentle and altruistic.
 
Danny grunted another “Mm-hmm,” and wobbled to stand, though Lisa tried to oppose it. Once he was back on his feet, he forced himself to change back. He did so, but afterwards he collapsed once more.
 
“Babe!” Lisa cried. She held him close. “Will you relax?! The ghosts are gone, and if anymore come, I'll take care of `em. You rest.” She ordered in a soothing tone.
 
Danny could feel his eyelids falling. “B--but--but…”
 
“No buts!” Lisa commanded. “Just relax…” Danny finally gave into the gravity pulling his eyelids down. Lisa gave him a loving expression, but then her face twisted a little; she wasn't satisfied. “Danny, I said relax!”
 
Danny changed back into his human half.
 
“Thank you…” Lisa said with a giggle. She then gently pulled Danny away from the chimney and held him up on her own. She nuzzled her cheek against his. Her ears became intoxicated by the sound of his even breathing; he had already fallen asleep.
 
The Drifter brushed some of Danny's black hair back and gently started singing.
 
*Wishing on a dream that seems far off
Hoping it will come today
Into the starlit night
Foolish dreamers turn their gaze
Waiting on a shooting star*
 
Vlad was still watching and crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow. This certainly wasn't a sight he was used to. As many times as he came to Amity Park, he had never seen this little girl before, and yet here she was, holding Daniel in her arms, singing him to sleep.
 
…Who was this girl?
 
*But…
What if that star is not to come?
Will their dreams fade to nothing?
When the horizon darkens most
We all need to believe there is hope*
 
Lisa gently ran her hands down Danny's face. She then twirled her fingers around his hair. She smiled softly, blushing a little. She was actually hoping that no ghosts would come…she felt so at peace…
 
Lisa wondered; if Danny were awake, would he feel at peace with her, too?
 
*Is an angel watching closely over me?
Can there be a guiding light I've yet to see?
I know my heart should guide me, but…
There's a hole within my soul
What will fill this emptiness inside of me?
Am I to be satisfied without knowing?
I wish then for a chance to see
Now all I need
Is my star to come…*
 
As she finished her song, Lisa slowly dipped her head down and brushed her lips against Danny's smooth forehead. After that, she then nuzzled her cheek against it, never loosening her hold on him.
 
Just then, Lisa gasped, snapped her eyes open, and looked down at her necklace. The largest jewel on it was glowing red, like it was throbbing.
 
A ghost was nearby.
 
Lisa mentally whined; she wanted to stay like this forever…nevertheless, she gently placed Danny on the ground and stood up, spreading her fists somewhat apart as they began to glow violet. “Alright! I know you're here! Show yourself!”
 
Vlad was shocked, yet he smirked as he made himself come into view, clapping.
 
Lisa gasped when she saw the wicked Halfa. She looked him up and down; he certainly wasn't like the other kinds of ghosts she'd seen. “What in the world…?”
 
“Impressive. Very, very impressive.” Vlad said as he ended his applause. “Skilled in fighting, sensing, and apparently in vocals, as well.”
 
Lisa slumped her head down a little and blushed. “Uh…thank you?”
 
Vlad crossed his arms. He was determined to solve the riddle of this mysterious girl. “Who are you?”

Lisa crossed back. “Who are you?
 
“I believe I asked first.”
 
“…Touché, sir.” Lisa said with a smirk, but it quickly faded. “But my name is of no importance. It's better that you and all of Amity Park don't know me.”
 
“Is that right? Well, don't expect that to come easily when with the ghost child…” Vlad's eyes went from Lisa to Danny and then back at Lisa. “And, as I can tell, you seem to be extremely close.”
 
“What's it to you, Overbite?” Lisa sneered, clenching her fists tighter and causing the energy surrounding them to ripple harder.
 
Vlad widened his eyes at the nickname, but they quickly narrowed. He smirked again. “Is that a challenge?” He asked as he clenched his own fists, causing his own ectoplasmic energy to ripple.
 
“You tell me.” Lisa smirked.
 
Danny groaned.
 
Lisa gasped, the energy around her hands fading, and she turned to Danny. She ran to him, gently raising his upper body. “Danny?” She called to him softly. When she received no response, she took his entire body into her arms.
 
The Drifter turned back to Vlad. “We'll talk later, `K?” She grinned, winked, and flew away.
 
As Lisa faded from sight, Vlad just stood there, baffled. He then glared. “Interesting…” He thought aloud.
 
~
 
“There! There! I see them!” Tucker cried, pointing to something in the distance.
 
The Bakers and the kids had returned to the rooftop of FentonWorks, eagerly awaiting Danny and Lisa's return. They had turned off the Ghost Shield when they saw that all the ghosts had retreated. David was carrying Alissa's body.
 
Lisa was still holding Danny in her arms as she flew back to FentonWorks. She gracefully landed on the roof.
 
“Ali!” Lisa turned and saw the rest of Team Phantom coming up to her. Sam, Tucker, and Jazz immediately turned their attention to Danny.
 
“Is he okay?!” Sam cried.
 
“Sam, it's okay! He's just tired…he showed me his Ghostly Wail.” Lisa answered.
“…Ohh…” Tucker and Sam chorused at the same time, understanding all.
 
Lisa gently placed Danny on the ground and ran to her parents; Kelly fervently hugged her tightly.
 
“Mom…you're hurting me…” Lisa squeaked.
 
“Stop doing that, or you might REALLY get hurt!” Kelly cried, tears dropping.
 
“You guys, I told you I might have to do this…I wanna protect the people I love!” Lisa cried as she pulled away from her parents, a face of resolve clear on her pale face.
 
The couple looked at each other, unsure of how to respond. However, David smiled and knelt down, offering Alissa's body. Lisa smiled brightly and flew into it, causing it to glow purple. The choker immediately snapped off the body and fell to the ground with a clatter. Alissa slowly blinked her eyes open and hugged her father.
 
Everybody gasped, however, when they saw one final ghost, what looked like a skeletal soldier, appear out of nowhere and slash its sword across the floor. As it quickly flew away, the slash it left caused a long and deep crack along the roof, and it started to break away from the rest of the roof.
 
And, unfortunately, Danny, being on the falling half of the roof and still asleep, started to roll away.
 
“DANNY!” Everybody screamed.
 
Danny blinked his eyes open and furrowed his brow when he noticed his friends seemingly get farther and farther away. He quickly realized that HE was the one moving! He cried out as his body hit the railing, but he then started to fall over it. He quickly grabbed one of the poles of the railing with his hand, but his grip was weakening…
 
Alisa immediately sprinted toward Danny, slid, and grabbed his hand through one of the openings of the railing. Her chest crashed against the poles and it stung, but she didn't care. “Danny! Can you transform?!”
 
Danny shut his eyes and concentrated, the ring appearing around his body, but it disappeared in a flash. “I can't! Too weak…!”
 
“Well…then I'll pull you up!” Alissa cried as she then grabbed his hand with her other hand over the railing. She then released her other hand from his hand, but grabbed it again, only with her hand also over the railing. She grunted with her efforts.
 
The others wanted to help, but were afraid that their weight would cause the rest of the roof to fall and both of them to crash into the ground.
 
“Ali, let go! I'll just pull you down!” Danny cried.
 
“N--no!” Alissa cried, tears of frustration and fear falling down her face.
 
Just then, the Fentons were returning, still having no luck finding their son. But they looked up and saw Danny hanging by a thread…well, hanging by Alissa's grasp, above their house.
 
“DANNY!!” Maddie screeched as her hands slapped against her face.
 
“Maddie, C'MON!” Jack cried, taking her hand and running to the scene.
 
Just then, Vlad was also flying by, trying to find Lisa. But he then saw what was happening on the roof as well. He was surprised by Alissa's strong will as she refused to let Danny go; the Alissa he met seemed mousy and skittish, but here…he kept seeing her body jerk and twist slightly, threatening to fall, but she just wouldn't let the boy go!
 
Through all of the commotion, Vlad became invisible, flew into the house, transformed back, and ran up to the roof. Everybody turned to him when he came through the door.
 
“Where've you been?” Summer asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
“Does that really matter now?” Vlad countered. “I think we have more important issues to attend to!” He plastered on a look of concern as he turned his gaze back to Danny and Alissa.
 
Alissa could feel her sweaty hands giving way. She winced her eyes shut with a sob; she was failing…
 
“Alissa!” Alissa blinked and looked down past Danny to see that Maddie had called her name. “Alissa, it's alright! Both of you, drop!”

“WHAT?!” Both Danny and Alissa shrieked.
 
“Trust us!” Jack called.
 
Alissa's face twisted. “No! I got him!” Alissa cried, trying to pull Danny up again.
 
“Ali, stop hurting yourself!” Danny cried. “I trust them! Please! Let go!”
 
Alissa stared at him, and then at the long drop below them, where Jack and Maddie were. What were they planning to do? CATCH them?! She bit her lip and looked back at Danny, who gave her a warm smile.
 
Alissa still held her unsure face, but she curled her lips back into her mouth…and let them both drop.
 
They screamed as they plummeted.
 
Jack quickly pulled something out of his pocket and threw it at the area where the kids would hit. The object expanded, revealing itself to be a Fenton Inflatable; a gigantic airbag with Jack's face on it. The two kids fell safely on top of it.
 
Danny jumped off and Maddie embraced her son tightly.
 
“That's some arm strength ya got there, Alissa!” Jack said as he helped the redhead get off. “I remember back in my day I was just as strong! Then I discovered fudge, and…well…everything changed…” He said with a shrug.
 
Alissa giggled somewhat, still a little shaken by what just happened. Had she been just a bit slower, she would've lost him…
 
Alissa shivered suddenly and grabbed her arms to stop.
 
“What happened? How did you and Alissa end up that way?!” Maddie asked Danny.
 
“Uh…the ghosts dropped me there and Ali came to rescue me!” Danny said.
 
Alissa rubbed her arms and looked away, blushing. “W--well…yeah…” She murmured and chuckled nervously.
 
“Alissa, thank you so much…” Maddie said as she walked over to Alissa and placed her hand on her shoulder. “Thank you for holding onto our son until we got here.” She continued, her voice proving her extreme gratefulness.
 
“Hey, don't thank me; you're the one who had a son worth holding onto.” Alissa said with a smile. She then looked back up at the roof. “Is it gonna fall?”
 
“I don't think so. The only reason it was falling before was because of the strain on top of it; so as long as we leave it alone, we should be fine until we find a way to fix it…well, come on, we better get back inside.” Maddie said, motioning Alissa to get inside the house.
 
“That's right,” Jack started, doing the same with Danny. “We never even got our fudge!”
 
~
 
“I'm so very sorry that this is what you had to return to Amity Park for.” Maddie said to the Bakers.
 
Everybody was now in the Living Room, sitting on the couch. Danny was realized to have some bruises on him and Sam was the one treating him.
 
As the Goth rubbed some medicinal vapor on Danny's arms and face, Alissa couldn't help but glare slightly. Summer ran her hand down her friend's back. “C'mon, don't let it bother you…” She whispered to her. Alissa pretended to have no idea what the Punk was talking about and nibbled at the piece of fudge Jack had given her in suppressed envy.
 
“Actually, the ghost rampage seems to have finally let up!” Jack commented, looking out the window.
 
“Really??” Both Danny and Alissa cried and turned toward Jack.
 
“Oww…” Danny whined; his outburst had caused him to jerk his body around slightly, causing his still-healing wounds to sting.
 
“Well, I don't think we should take any chances.” Maddie said, placing her hands on her hips. “Everyone, I think it would be wise if you stayed with us for the night.”

“Do you have enough room?” Sam asked, still treating Danny.
 
“Of course we do, Sam! We're always ready for these kind of situations!” Jack said smugly as he crossed his arms.
 
Vlad, who was sitting on the edge of the couch and had his elbow on the armrest with his face being held up by his fist, scoffed and rolled his eyes at Jack's actions. He then regained his friendly face when Maddie called his name.
 
“Would it be alright between you and Danny if you stayed in his room?”
 
Danny's eyes nearly bulged out of his skull and they flashed bright green for a split second. “W--WHA…?”
 
“I don't see a problem in that.” Vlad turned to Danny. “Do you, Daniel?” He asked with a smile that feigned innocence.
 
Danny inaudibly growled, not facing him. “It's…fine.” He spoke at last. Sam finally released him, distress appearing in both her eyes and Tucker's.
 
“Wonderful!” Maddie cried, slapping her hands together. “Kelly, David, kids, I'll show you the rooms you'll be staying in; there's a phone there, too, kids, so we can call your parents and tell them where you are.” Kelly, David, Sam, Tucker, and Summer all got up to follow Maddie.
 
Alissa didn't move; or, at least, didn't move off of the couch; she crawled across it to reach Danny. “I'll catch up…” She told the others, not taking her eyes from Danny.
 
Maddie stared at them, but she then lowered her eyes with a smile, understanding. She began to walk off, taking everyone with her.
 
This left just Vlad, Danny, and Alissa in the Living Room.
 
Alissa kept her gaze on Danny, gently running the back of her hand down his cheek. “You…you should get to bed. You're exhausted; I can tell.” Alissa said. Danny nodded slightly and got off the couch. But when he reached the stairs, Alissa suddenly jumped off and quickly wrapped her arms around him in an almost desperate embrace. Danny was surprised, but he returned it.
 
Alissa then blinked, realizing what she was doing, and gently pushed Danny away and toward the stairs. “See you…” She murmured.
 
Vlad had both his legs and arms crossed, his eyebrow raised and his lips curled into an amused smile. His smile then faded somewhat; he didn't really know why, but he felt suspicious about this young girl.
 
“You were certainly quick to wake up.”

Alissa turned toward Vlad. “…Eh?”
 
“You fainted, didn't you?”

“…OH! Oh, right…yeah, I did…”
 
“Usually, when one faints from traumatizing events like this, they'd be out cold for hours…tell me, how did you get up so fast?” Vlad pressed on.
 
“Uh…I dunno…” Why's he asking all these questions? “Uh…maybe because knowing in the back of my mind that there were people dear to me that needed me jumpstarted my consciousness?” Alissa suggested, shrugging, and then turned from Vlad to walk up the stairs.

“You care for young Daniel, don't you?”
 
Alissa froze in her tracks. “…Wha…?” She slowly turned back toward the man.
 
“Alison, not many people would hang onto the dead weight of someone and try to pull them back onto a falling roof.” Vlad said, smiling a little, waiting for how Alissa would take that.
 
Indeed, Alissa glared darkly and hopped off the few steps she was on, keeping her glare toward Vlad. As she practically stomped toward him, startling him a little, she spoke. “You make it sound like Danny is just some other person; well, he's NOT! He's my best friend, and yeah, I “care for” him, and as such, I'm not gonna let anything, not even ghosts, get him!” She affirmed, her eyes narrowed and her tiny structure seeming to stand taller than usual.
 
Alissa blinked, noticing something red running around Vlad's form, like a dark fire…
 
Alissa then realized that she was panting. She cleared her throat and rubbed her neck. When she looked at Vlad again, the fire-like appearance around him was gone. “Uh…sorry, Vlad…it's just…you really don't know what Danny has to go through…practically daily…”
 
“Oh, I'm sure I have some idea…I mean, I was an adolescent once, too.”
 
Alissa giggled, but then gasped when something took her arm. She whipped her head around, seeing it was Danny. He was over the railing of the stairs. “Ali, it's time for bed…” He said gallingly.
 
“Alright, alright! Uh, good night, Vlad…” Alissa said as she proceeded up the stairs again with Danny, Vlad following the both of them.
 
Danny brought her to one of the guest rooms in the Op Center with the kids, where Summer was calling her mother, who was apparently, yet understandably, freaking out.
 
Danny and Alissa waved to each as he left for his own room. Vlad was leaning against the wall next to the door to Danny's room. Danny sneered at him as he grabbed the handle to the door.
 
“Who is she, Daniel?”

“…Who's who?”
 
“The ghost girl. You know her. Who is she?”
Danny swung the door open. “I don't know who you're talking about.” Danny walked into the room, and then simply stood there. He then spun around, glaring at Vlad. “Well?! Aren't you coming in?!”
 
“Don't you have to change into your cute little PJ's?”

Danny growled. Vlad was driving him crazier than usual! Danny slammed the door shut and indeed changed. He then grabbed the door handle and pulled it open again, allowing Vlad to come in. “Relax, Daniel; you're going to pull the door off its hedges.”
 
“Just get in your stupid sleeping bag.” Danny said as he pointed to the said object right next to his bed and then jumped onto his bed. He pulled the covers over him and turned his head toward the wall, closing his eyes.
 
“They're after her, aren't they?”
 
Danny opened one eye. “What?”

“The ghosts are after her, not you; they want her, don't they? Why?”

Danny sprung up in his bed. “I don't know! Now stop asking questions about her; I won't tell you anything!”
 
“Ah, so you admit you know who I'm talking about?”

Danny blinked at him and then stared into space. He rolled his eyes up into his skull, groaned heavily, and collapsed back on his bed. “I won't tell you a thing.” He asserted, turning from him again. “Bad night.”

“I think you mean `good night.'”
 
“I know what I said.”
 
~
“What was the importance of THAT?!” Pariah roared to Nightshade as each and every ghost returned to his keep. By zapping them with the chokers, Nightshade ordered the ghosts to remain in the dungeons for the time being. “The ghost child defeated them so easily, and now Amity Park is at peace once more!”

“My king, you misinterpret my plan.” Nightshade answered simply with a smirk. He simply waved his hand across the air and a large crystal ball on a staff-like stand floated from the floor. “I didn't give the ghosts enough power to defeat them…I never intended them to. What we must do first is to make little Lisa suffer extreme emotional apprehension, like when she almost lost the Halfa on the rooftop.”
 
“You were the one who ordered that ghost to do that?”
 
Nightshade nodded with a malicious smirk. “I know what I'm doing, your majesty…please trust me.” He said as he waved his hand over the crystal ball. It shone brightly before showing the image of a peacefully sleeping Alissa.
 
But suddenly, Alissa started to toss and turn in her sleep, moaning, groaning, and gasping as sweat trickled down her face.
 
Amity Park burning down to nothing…people running…screaming…her laughing at it all…
 
 
~*~
 
 
[1] In case you're wondering why she feels guilty, remember? She was the one who made the suit self-destruct!
[2] I know I didn't mention Summer, but I'm currently throwing around thoughts of Summer having a brother/sister...
[3] An allusion? Maaaaaaybeeeeee...
[4] I know; in Double Cross My Heart, Skulker lost his suit to the GiW, but...let's just say Nightshade and his little people stole it back for him or something.
[5] Yeah, I know Desiree's character was totally changed in Memory Blank, (*Hiss...*) but I'm bringing back her TRUE personality!! DEAL WITH IT!!!

Done!
I know, I know, that ghost attack on the town seemed rather anticlimactic, and the next chapter is kinda boring, but I swear, my story's gonna be good!
Seeya!