Danny Phantom Fan Fiction ❯ Love: Difficult to Precieve ❯ Splitting Into Two ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

RegiGod: Well, this is my first story under this username. I hope it'll turn out much better than my last one… And I will definitely force myself to finish this story! Enjoy the first chapter of Love: Difficult to Perceive.
Disclaimer: I do not own Danny Phantom or its characters. That privilege does not belong to me, sadly enough.
Warning: This story contains slash which is boy x boy so if you don't like it I suggest you leave. And never come back here again!
Coupling: Will contain Danny x Dash in the beginning but it will soon turn out to be Danny x Phantom.
Love: Difficult to Perceive
Chapter 1 - Splitting Into Two
Phantom's POV
So let's see, another day of going to school, not studying, going after ghosts and capturing them, and going on dates with Dash Baxter. I can't believe Danny is actually going out with him! But I knew the reason why he would be going out with that football jock. It was because he and Dash wanted to “experiment” the other side of sexuality. And I was definitely not enjoying this at all because I was both angry and jealous at the same time! Angry because Danny decided to experiment with Dash and jealous because I wished that I was in Dash's place right now. Just the feeling of staring at Danny and him staring at me would make me so happy! Heck, the only time I could see Danny is when he looked at himself in the mirror. Actually the only thing I was able to see was through Danny's eyes. Wherever I was, it was pitch black and it was even darker when Danny slept. But I don't mind the darkness it all. I think it gives me an opposite feeling when comparing to other humans who are afraid of the dark.
I begin to hear Dash's voice saying something lovey dovey again. I know Dash doesn't appreciate him like I do. No one does! Not even his best friends Sam or Tucker. I know all of Danny's emotions and every time he gets sad or angry or even jealous, I was there to experience it with him. And every time he was sad, I wished I were there to comfort him. I don't when or how but I started to fall in love with Danny Fenton. That's right. I was in love with Danny. He was what you would say “the boy of my dreams.” It's too bad I couldn't tell Danny that myself seeing as how I'm a part of him.
I started to hear mushy talk between Dash and Danny and that made me feel so jealous. I just wish something would happen so that this would end soon. Thanks to such good timing, our ghost sense went off. I heard Danny say some sort of excuse like having to go to the bathroom. I became excited and happy that he was finally away from Dash and ready to fight some ghost butt!
A Few Minutes Later
After sucking the ghost into the Fenton thermos, Danny returned to Dash's bathroom and went back to his original self. Great, back to Dash again I suppose. I sighed sadly and waited to hear what they were going to talk about now. Usually they would start talking about each other nonstop for such a long time that no one can interrupt them. Danny quickly walked back to Dash's bedroom where he saw Dash waiting for him patiently. Here we go with the mushy talk again…
“What took you so long Danny?” asked the football quarterback. I sighed again and just hoped that something would make Danny go home right now. It is 9:48 PM and he should be sleeping soon. It's not good to stay up so late. I don't know where I heard this from but I heard sleeping so late numerous times could actually ruin your face. Now I wouldn't want my Danny's face to become mutated or something like that.
“Um, I had trouble finding the bathroom?” Now that was one bad excuse. I chuckled to myself every time I see Danny try to get himself out of these situations. I felt kind of bad for Danny but at the same time, it was hilarious. Well for me it is…
“It was down the hallway dude.” Dash pointed out with a tone I didn't particularly like.
“Yeah, I found out after I walked for a few minutes.” Dash and Danny began to stare at each other as if each was unsure of what to say next. I silently hoped Danny would say something like `I have to go home now.' “Um, maybe I should go home now Dash. It has been a long night right?” I got really happy again on the inside. Probably because he wanted to go home now and I could finally get away from Dash. I'm getting tired of seeing Dash almost every night of the week! It sickens me to my stomach, literally.
“Yeah it has I guess.” Oh great, I always hate the goodbye kiss. I always expect this kiss each night they had a “date.” But at least they only kissed on the cheek. That's a good thing because I really desired to give Danny his first kiss. But that'll never happen. Dash approached Danny and kissed him. “See you later.” I'm still wondering why Danny doesn't kiss him back. Maybe he doesn't really like him…
“Yeah, see you tomorrow.” Danny waved goodbye and walked down the stairs and out of the house. Danny decided to go ghost and fly back to his house. It was definitely much faster than walking I'll say that.
About five minutes later, we got to Danny's house. Danny became transparent and went through the walls and into his bedroom. I could very well tell that Danny was tired and needed a good night sleep. But I suddenly remembered something as we went through the wall. Danny had promised to stay after school with Sam and Tucker at his house to start on their project for Mr. Lancer. Looks like Danny is in for a big surprise. I chuckled at the thoughts that went through my head at what might happen.
Danny's POV
I entered the bedroom quietly so that no one in the house would know I got home so late. I was sure my parents would disapprove of my arrival so late and give me a lecture on how to get home on time. Actually that would be mostly my mom. My dad on the other hand would probably be saying like “Were you being chased by a ghost?” or something involving ghosts. As soon as I entered my bedroom, I saw Sam and Tucker in my room.
“Hey guys! What are you doing here so late?” I said as I transformed back to my human form and fell on the floor. I saw Sam stand up from the edge of the bed and walk towards me with a very mad face on. I had no idea why she would be mad at me or why she was in my house.
“Well if you don't remember Danny, we were supposed to start on our project today!” I began to chuckle nervously. I just then remembered that we did schedule a meeting. I think I'm getting forgetful…
“I… uh… forgot?” I pulled on the collar on my shirt and began to realize it's getting a little hot in here.
“How can you forget Danny? I gave you a PDA so that you wouldn't forget!” said Tucker as he played some computer games on his own PDA. I took out the hand-held PDA that Tucker gave to me last Christmas out of my pocket and saw that it said 4:00 PM - Meet Sam and Tucker at my house to start on project.
“So what's the excuse this time?” asked Sam as she crossed her arms together and tucked in her eyebrows to give a really scary look.
“Well I was out doing more important stuff like ghost fighting!” I tried to think up excuses to get my friends off my back. I didn't want them to know that I went on another date with Dash.
“You mean, you went out with Dash again and forgot all about us right?” exclaimed Tucker. Dang looks like they know me well…
“No! I mean… um…well…I… oh all right! I forgot because I did go out with Dash. Does it matter?” I began to get a little upset with all the questions they were asking. And I was a bit sleepy.
“Yes Danny. It does matter because this project counts as 25 of our quarter grade! And I don't want to fail because of you Danny. I mean, it's great that you're going on dates and stuff but you can't forget about us okay?” Sam laid a hand on my shoulder. I always feel guilty every time she talks like that.
“Sorry Sam. It's just that I have so much things to do and I just… don't know how to make time for each thing that I have to do.”
“That's why I gave you a PDA remember? So you can make time for all the things you do. What is it that you do anyway that takes up all your time?”
“A lot of things… like… like…” I tried to think up things to tell them about my usual day.
“Are you going to tell us anytime soon Danny?”
“I'm thinking all right! Look Tucker, I go to school, do my homework, try to study, go ghost fighting, and go out with Dash. I just have a lot of things to do.” I sighed sadly at my schedule every day. “If there was only a way to split myself up…”
“Well you can't so you're going to have to remember about us with you PDA, okay?” said Sam.
“Actually I can split myself up! I can use the Fenton Ghost Catcher to separate myself from the ghost side of me.”
“No way Danny! Do you even know what happened the last time you used it? You were acting like a complete jerk to us and became so irresponsible,” argued Tucker who was obviously trying to convince me not to use it again.
“Yeah! And the ghost side of you was acting all super heroic and he was talking like one too! Which was kind of weird if you ask me.” Said Sam.
“Well I don't think anyone else was asking you.” I wrapped up my arms, gave a smile, and lay back on a nearby wall thinking that it would look good.
“Um, what are you doing?” I could tell Sam was a bit freaked out by what I was doing but I think it looked cool to me.
“Doesn't it look cool when I do that?”
“No and don't do that again if you will.” Tucker obviously didn't like it either I guess.
“Well besides that, I think I will use the Fenton Ghost Catcher. And there's nothing you guys can do or say that will stop me. Besides, my parents made excellent improvements to the Fenton Ghost Catcher so I'm sure I'll still act like the way I usually do and have my ghost side…well… actually I have no idea what would happen to my ghost side. But I'm sure he'll be all right.”
“It's still risky Danny. Are you sure you want to do this?” asked both Sam and Tucker.
“I'm positive! Come after school tomorrow at my place okay?” They both nodded.
“Well I better get going guys. I really don't want my parents to give me a lecture on how to get home on time.” Tucker picked up his backpack and stood near the door.
“Yeah, me either. Later Danny!” They both left in such a rush that they accidentally ran into Jazz who just so happened to walk right in front of my door. I chuckled at the sight. Seeing the three of them all tangled is really funny.
“Would you please get off me? And watch where you're going!” screamed Jazz. Tucker decided to apologize but Sam insisted on arguing with my sister saying she should watch out where she was going instead. But before Jazz has a chance to retort, Tucker pulled Sam away and as they were about to leave again, my parents decided to pop up from the basement. This is like watching a comedy T.V. show except it's real!
“What's with the screaming guys? Is there something wrong?” My mom walked up the stairs to see what was happening and what was going on.
“Um nope! Nothing's wrong Mrs. Fenton. We were just on our way out!” And then my dad appeared screaming.
“You guys saw a ghost didn't you? Tell me where that ectoplasm ghost went!” I didn't want to get involved in all this so I slowly shut the door and went to my bathroom. I picked up my toothbrush, put some toothpaste on it and began to brush my teeth. As soon as that was done, I changed into my comfortable pajamas. By this time, all the screaming was gone and it was quiet once again. I flopped onto my bed, realizing that I was really sleepy that I didn't bother to put the covers on. My bed has never felt so comfortable before…
Phantom's POV
Wow… Danny intends to separate us both tomorrow after school. I felt really excited because this gives me another chance to see Danny with my own eyes. And this time, I'm not going to act like a superhero. I'm going to act like myself and hope for the best. I just hope Danny will like me as much as I like him. But I'm not going to tell him that I love him just yet. That would be too sudden and surprising for him. I'll tell him when the time is right. Oh… I can't wait!
The Next Day - Friday Danny's POV
As I woke up, I heard my clock beeping so much that my head started to hurt. So I had my hand find the clock and had it push buttons to make it shut up. As soon as it was turned off, I slowly rose from my bed and headed towards the bathroom. I splashed some water on my face a bit and brushed my teeth. I have never felt so tired this morning. As I spit out the water from my mouth, I placed my toothbrush back in its place and went back to my bedroom. I looked at the clock and I was shocked beyond belief. It was 8:32 AM! I'm an hour late for school!
I quickly changed into my usual jeans and my usual shirt. Looks like there's no time for me to take a bath or have breakfast. I took my backpack and fastened it so it wouldn't fall from my jog to school. I ran out the house and quickly sprinted to school. As I ran, I began to wonder why Jazz didn't wake me up. She usually would if I overslept. Oh man, I'm going to get in so much trouble when I get there.
10 Minutes Later
When I finally arrived at school, I was really tired and short of breath. I took a couple of breaths before I walked into the school. I quickly ran to my locker and phased my hand into the locker to grab my books. I suddenly felt a hand grab onto my shoulder. Thankfully, my hand was out of the locker by then.
“Where's your hall pass?” Oh great, the hall monitor. I slowly turned to face him and gave an innocent smile. “Well? Where is it?”
“Um, I was late for school…so…” The hall monitor quickly interrupted me.
“Late huh? That's a detention for you mister.” He began writing a pink slip for me. I groaned wondering what else could go wrong this early in the morning. “Now get to class.” He handed the pink slip and went off his way. I began walking to Mr. Lancer's class that was just a couple doors down my locker. I still can't believe I had him for all my classes except for P.E. of course. If I had him for P.E. who knows what he would make us do.
I opened the door to Mr. Lancer's class and took a glance at everyone there. They were all so busy taking down notes that only a few of them bothered to look at me.
“Well if it isn't Danny Fenton. Aren't we running a little late this morning?” He said in his almost emotionless tone. He laid the chalk on the chalkboard and faced me with a smile.
“Well it wasn't my fault.” I said as I walked in front of his desk.
“Oh really? And whose fault was it then?” I didn't give an answer but Mr. Lancer decided to answer it for me. “That's what I thought. Here's your early Christmas gift.” I saw in his hand an envelope. I took it slowly from him and opened it.
“A detention! For what?” I became quickly upset and it wasn't funny that he called it a Christmas gift.
“For being late to my class. Now get to your seat and start paying attention to my class for once.” I groaned again as I walked to my desk. I heard some other people snickering and chuckling but I didn't really care. I just hope this class ends soon.
A Few Minutes Before Lunch
I felt someone's hand start shaking me but I quickly shoved it away. I was in such a good sleep right now and I didn't want to be interrupted. Just a few seconds later I heard a familiar voice that kept screaming.
“Mr. Fenton, would you please wake up!” I slowly raised my head from my desk to see Mr. Lancer staring down at me and the other students looking at me as well. I rubbed my eyes a bit to get some of the dirt off. “Are you ever going to start paying attention in my class?” I thought for a while on what to say to him.
“Maybe one day I will…” I said still under the effects of sleepiness.
“Yes, and that would be the day I would become a rich teacher.” He said flatly. He returned to his desk slowly and sat down. “Danny,” he began to start off slowly, “Why can't you pay attention in class like the other students?”
“I don't know…” I actually did know why but I didn't want to tell him his class was boring like no other. He might give me another detention just for saying my opinion.
“Well we're going to figure it out during lunch so I want you to stay here after class.”
“What?” Why does Mr. Lancer keep pestering me today?
“You heard me Danny. When the bell rings, you will stay here.” I groaned silently. When the bell rang, most of the students run out of the classroom and into the lunchroom. When all the students had finally left, I walked up to Mr. Lancer's desk and waited for him to speak on why he insisted that I stay here. “Danny, I want you to know that your grades are really down this quarter and it's only the beginning of the year! I know being a sophomore is tough but you can't let yourself fail. Otherwise, you might be left back.”
“Mr. Lancer, I have other things I have to do and I am trying my best to keep up with the class.” I began to argue with what he said.
“Tell me Danny. Are those other things you do more important than school work?”
“Um, yeah?” I hope he wasn't expecting me to say no.
“I'm pretty sure those other things aren't more important than school because school will affect your future.” How many times have I heard this speech before? I rolled my eyes in annoyance. “Are you listening to me Danny?”
“I sure am Mr. Lancer! And I heard you loud and clear! Can I go now?” I heard him sigh but I didn't know why.
“Danny, what you're doing this quarter isn't your best at all. I still remember last year you got an A on your poetry test. Now that was doing your best and you were studying hard. I just hope something will happen that will make you focus on your studies more because I can't help you this year.” I stood there for a while before he spoke again. “And yes, you can go now.” Thank god that's over! I walked out of the classroom and speeded towards the lunchroom. When I got there, I immediately scanned the room and found my friends sitting at one of the tables. Sam happened to see me and waved me over. I rushed right over and saw down next to Tucker.
“Why are you so late man? You missed five minutes of a good lunch period.” Asked Tucker.
“Oh Mr. Lancer decided to keep me longer and talk to me about my grades.” I saw Tucker was enjoying a baloney sandwich. And each bite he took into the sandwich made me feel a bit hungrier myself.
“And what did he say?”
“Well he said my grades was really low this quarter and told me to improve on them.” I sighed thinking about whether I really should focus more on my studies and less on going on dates.
“Well?” I turned to Sam, seeing that she was eating a salad with a white dressing. I wasn't much of a fan of salads. “Are you going to improve or what?”
“I don't know Sam… a part of me is telling me too and another part of me doesn't even care.” Both Tucker and Sam were enjoying their lunches whole-heartedly and I began to wonder where my lunch was. Then I realized that I had forgotten to get my lunch in the kitchen because I was so late for school that I didn't even have time to do what I usually do. Thus, I began to pound my head on the table.
“Danny, what are you doing?” I didn't answer at first because I was annoyed at the fact I woke up late, got two detentions, and forgot my lunch but I did answer when I started to get a headache.
“I forgot my lunch… at home…” I laid my head on the table and covered my face so no light would be able to hit my eyes when I went to sleep. But of course I wasn't able to sleep thanks to Tucker who keeps shooting a barrage of questions at me.
“And why did you forget? Did something happen?” I wasn't able to make up half of what he was saying since he had his mouth full of his sandwich but I was able to make it out when he repeated it three times.
“Yes something happened. I woke up so late that I had no time to do anything but run to school and get two detentions.”
“But you know Danny, you did sleep before us which makes me wonder why you're so sleepy today. And why didn't you just fly over to school?” I slapped my hand on my forehead realizing that he was right! Why didn't I just fly over? And why do I feel so sleepy today?
“I don't know Tuck… maybe today is one of those days that has me going slow.”
“I doubt that Danny. There is no one-day in the year that would make a person go slow in the day. Maybe you were just extra sleepy last night and when you woke up this morning, you couldn't think straight and that would be a reason on why you didn't fly over to school.” Sam always had a way to find things I didn't know how to find myself. Even though most times, I didn't get what she meant. Just then, my ghost sense went off. I saw people screaming and running away from a ghost who looked like he was looking for a fight. Well he found one!
“Going Ghost!” As soon as I transformed, I went off to fight. For some reason, I liked going ghost. It made me feel like I was with someone and that person was there to help and protect me. It was a good feeling I guess…
After School - In Front
“Finally! School is finally over!” I was so happy that I'm going to be able to get a full weekends rest.
“It's actually quite the opposite Danny. In fact, school is just getting started.” Sam always had to say something every time I felt happy. But I had no idea why I was feeling so happy anyway. Every since I kicked that ghost's butt back into the ghost zone, I felt really happy for some reason.
“Yeah I know… but… school is over for two days!” I jerked my arm backwards in excitement. As I looked at my friends, I could tell they were a bit freaked out. I don't usually do these kind of things.
“Anyway… let's get going.” Both Sam and I nodded and the three of us headed towards my house. That is, we were, until the guy I was dating with stopped us.
“Hey Danny. You up for tonight?”
“Um…well…” I looked over to my friends and saw they didn't in the least like that he was here. And I didn't want to disappoint them this time like I did yesterday. “Sorry Dash. Maybe next time?” I was really unsure of what I just said and I have no idea how Dash would take it.
“Sure, no problem.” Gee, I was expecting him to be a little upset but I guess not. But of course I wouldn't be upset if Dash had to do something so I guess it's okay. “I had to lift some weights anyway and practice for the upcoming games anyway. Later.” He ran off leaving my friends and I alone in front of the school.
“Wow Danny. I was sure you were going to say yes but I guess you proved me wrong.” Sam smiled at me for what I did.
“Thanks, I guess…” We both chuckled but Tucker seemed like he didn't even know what was going on.
“Yeah, yeah. Can we get going now? I have tons of ideas for our project.” Tucker started to lead the way and both Sam and I followed him.
“He seems excited to work on the project…” Sam whispered to me with her hand covering her mouth.
“I wonder why…” I whispered back with curiosity.
“I can hear you two… I'm not deaf you know!” We both laughed a bit before Sam replied.
“We never said you were Tucker. But we do wonder why you're so excited to work on the project so much.”
“Me excited? Never. I just want to get the project done before it's late.”
“Sure Tucker. Whatever you say.” I didn't believe him one bit. I'm pretty sure he has something up his sleeve but what? Or maybe I'm just thinking about this way too much that I should.
About 10 Minutes Later
“Are you positively sure that you still want to separate yourself from your ghost form?”
“Geez you guys. For the millionth time, I said I was sure! Don't worry so much about it. I'm sure everything will turn out all right.”
“I don't know Danny. I still think something might go horribly wrong.” Sometimes, I think my friends worry about me a little too much, especially Sam.
“Sam, don't worry. Just trust me on this one all right?” I gave a reassuring pat on her back so she would stop asking me if I still wanted to do this. I was very well sure of what I was doing, I hope… As we approached the block where my house was on, we heard some screaming from a nearby house.
“Wow, what's with all the screaming?” Tucker asked as he tried to found out why there were people screaming in the neighborhood.
“Maybe it's just another ghost… and the people who are screaming are shouting way too loud!” Sam covered her ears with her hands to block the noise. To me, I didn't seem like anyone was screaming though. It seemed more like as if they were arguing about something.
“I doubt it you guys. If there was a ghost nearby, my ghost sense would have went…” I then gasped as my ghost sense went off. “Or maybe there is…” But where's the ghost hiding? Just then, a door slammed open from the house where there were people arguing. A girl appeared with a bunch of bags all over her was leaving the house with tears in her eyes. She then suddenly turned around to face the man who had just also appeared from the house. The man looked like he was on the verge of tears.
“I can't believe you! I thought we actually had something great together! I thought you actually loved me but then you do something like this! I just can't believe you would cheat on me like that!” The girl then continued on her way with the man chasing her saying that none of the things she heard was true. When they both went out of our sight, a measly question just remained.
“What the heck just happened here?” Sam made an “ugh” sound at me.
“How could you not know what just happened Danny? It's obvious something sad had just taken place right before our very eyes.”
“Which was?” I still didn't quite understand what she meant by something sad. But I can relate that word to the man and the girl crying.
“The guy cheated on her by going out with some other girl and the girl thought they had something special and that's why they were crying. Duh!”
“Now I get it.” Well at least now I understand what had just happened. But love is complex; at least that's what I've heard from some other people like my parents. They did say you'd know what love is when you find it. I still don't know what that means and I don't think I would be asking anyone anytime soon. “Hmm, where did that ghost go anyway?”
“What ghost?” Obviously Sam didn't know there was a ghost around here.
“My ghost sense went off Sam but I didn't see the ghost anywhere…”
“Maybe the ghost decided to run off.” I shrugged almost not caring where the ghost went. Besides, I can beat almost any ghost! “Does it matter?”
“I guess not…”
“Come on you guys! Are you coming or what?” Sam and I both looked at Tucker who screaming from my window waving to get over where he was.
“Looks like Tucker is way more excited that I thought he was.” As we entered my house, I called Tucker down to come down into the lab with us. The three of us then entered the lab to see my parents working on some new weapons.
“Hi Danny! How was school?” It looked like my mom was busy working on a brand new plasma gun while my dad was busy working on something…
“It was great mom. Um… can I ask a question?”
“Sure Danny?”
“Can we… uh… borrow the Fenton Ghost Catcher?”
“What for honey?”
“Well I… uh… wanted to see if it was working or not.” I smiled innocently to get them to let me borrow it.
“That's my son! Always checking our gear to make sure it's ready to be used at any time!”
“Heh… sure dad. Whatever you say.” My dad picked it up nearby and laid it near us.
“Now make sure you return that okay?”
“Will do Dad.” Tucker and I picked it up and slowly made our way upstairs. It got somewhat heavier since last time. When we got up to the second floor, we just happened to run into Jazz.
“What are you guys doing with the Fenton Ghost Catcher?”
“We were going to use it for a project?”
“It's for an experiment?”
“Dad told us to check to see if it was working?” The three of us looked at each other nervously that Jazz might find out what it is we were doing.
“Okay then… never mind.” Jazz walked downstairs past us and into the lab.
“That was close.” We laughed at how the three of us answered simultaneously. We then placed the Fenton Ghost Catcher in the middle of my room facing my bed so when I went through, I wouldn't hit the floor. I shut the door behind us so that no one would interrupt or saw what we were doing. Tucker and Sam moved to the other side just in case something goes wrong.
“Here goes…” I was a bit nervous about this but I was firm that what I was doing was the right thing. As I was about to run through, Sam stopped me.
“Wait Danny! Are you really sure you still want to do this?”
“Sam, I think he knows what he's doing.” I gave a thankful smile to Tucker for telling her that. I backed up a bit this time for some running space. Then I ran right at the Fenton Ghost Catcher. As I went through, there was a blinding light that had impaired my vision. A moment later, I felt a part of me was ripping away and it was really painful. I moaned in pain from the device and I didn't know when it was going to end. It felt like an eternity but I finally got through and landed on the bed.
“Danny!” I heard my friends' footsteps come towards the bed where I laid. I felt so exhausted that I didn't have enough energy to move my body. I was only able to see that another person with white hair in black clothes had landed besides me on the bed.
RegiGod: So, how was that for a first chapter? It's rather long I know but I know it was worth your time right? I hope it was…. So tell me your opinion on this chapter please! I would really like to know what you readers thought of it.
Also, I realized that my writing is just a step away from really good but I have no idea what to improve on. If any of you have any idea, please tell me and I'll put your name in my bio thanking you for you help and put your name in every chapter in this story!