Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A.I. : Takuya ❯ Is that what I am ... ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five: Is that what I am ...

By KellyQ

What's the Gemine?

A mistake.

Takuya looked down at his yellow mettle hands with as the words echoed his mind ...

"Uh ... are .. you ... okay?" Tomoki finally asked Takuya.

This caused 6-2-6 to look up . Izumi looked over at the metal robot and sighed slightly ...

"Takuya do you think you could.... er you know .....change back?" she asked.

The android jump slightly snapping him outs of this thoughts and let his gaze fall to the floor.

"I-I don't know.." he whispered.

He looked at his hands again. I don't even know who I am any more.... I'm not human...so am I a robot? I just don't know any more ... Takuya felt something-warm wrap around his hands, he looked to see Tomoki gripping his hands.

"I'm sure you could change back if you tried..." Tomoki said looked straight in to 6-2-6's vision sensors.

Takuya smiled down at the little boy, a strange emotion filling his chest. Like he'd do anything in the world to make sure a smile was always on his face. Izumi stepped forward looking at Takuya with pleading eyes.

"Maybe if hitting the switches turns you ... like ... this, hitting them again would turn you back...."

Junpei stepped up behind Izumi, placing one hand on her shoulder hoping that he would listen to her.

"Izumi knows what she's talking about. She fixed the TV once."

Izumi sighed and shrugged his hand off her shoulder rolling her eyes as if it was something stupid.

"It was unplugged...."

Takuya smiled and looked over at Kouji, who was leaning against the wall, looking indifferent about the subject. Something inside Takuya started jumping around. He's optics widened and he withdrew his hands from Tomoki's grip slowly realizing that they where waiting for him to transform.

"All right ..." he paused wishing what ever inside of him would calm down. " I'll try it."

Takuya touched each of his shoulders with his fists and a sudden flash of light filled the room. It was so bright Junpei Tomoki Izumi and Kouji had to shield their eyes. When the light faded there stood Takuya, still in Kouji's clothes. A beam slowly showed on the chubby boy's face.

"See? What did I tell you. Z, knows everything."

"Yea, whatever," Kouji said his arms fooled, "that little robot friend of yours seamed to know who you are ..."

"Yea ... a mistake with a thing called a Gemine ---"

"Very dramatic," the dark haired boy said trying to ignore the feeling of slight guilt as he walked out.

This caused everyone but Takuya to sigh as the brunette watched the dark haired walk out of the rundown house. Why won't the inside of him stop? Izumi looked closely at the android knowing full well that robots don't act like Takuya does.

*****************

"How's the modifications to 6-2-5?" Mr. Kanbara asked walking to the table where the android lay.

The man looked over the android and sighed ...

"They're coming slowly. Just one more day and the modifications will be done."

******************

"You can quite following me." Kouji said annoyed looking over his shoulder at the brunette who was looking down at the ground.

"I'm sorry. Something right here," he said placing his hand on his chest, "will not go away ..."

"Well then," the dark haired boy said facing Takuya, "tell it to go away and stop following me!"

"That's why I tired to find you ... now that I have ... maybe what's right here," the brunette said still having his hand on his chest, "will stop."

He hoped it did but didn't though. What ever was in his chest was still there. Not that it bothered him, he just wanted to know what it was and Kouji seamed to be the best choice since that (what ever was in his chest ) was telling him to follow the dark haired boy.

To Be Continued ...